• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Seeking: Long term, high detail, OC RP 1x1

SavedBySept

Drowning in the Music
As my title says, I'm looking for a long term RP partner who can do high detail, 'expert' level RP (I'll give more details on that below). I'm currently engaged in one RP, but I would like a second in a different genre to keep things interesting and creative. I am a mature writer, looking for high detail posts with dynamic character and story development. I'm very flexible to nearly any genre/plot, I am noticing a lot of seeking partner posts on here have a very specific character x character + relationship/plot in mind. I guess I'm more open? I prefer to start with a loose story line and main characters, then world build around them, introducing other characters as needed, and working towards some main initial plot. If you know what I mean, that's a good indication you might be a good fit. Below I've listed out some things I'm wanting out of our RP, but I urge anyone to PM me if they think they fit most of them. I'm easy, outgoing, and flexible.

• Our RP should be detailed; every post should include details about your character and its surroundings. What's the weather like? What part of the day is it? How does the floor feel under your feet? Is it loud where you are? What are you doing with your hands? What are your eyes focused on? What is the tone of your voice? I don't need a clear and concise account of all these in every post, but throw in a couple often.
  • Our RP shouldn't be predictable; yes, we have a plot, but other things should be going on. Your character should get interrupted, some side plot should occur now and then, we should not always cordially agree every time our characters speak. I'm going to be dynamic, keep up.
  • Your character(s) should be imperfect; have good traits and bad traits, have faults and talents, and don't base our entire interaction on how hot you are. Be interesting and so will I.
  • Your character should develop. I'm fine with an intro post that is your character now, its history, a full description- I'm fine with this. But don't end your character there. Reference your past throughout the story, bring up new things. And your character shouldn't always be the same exact person in every situation, every interaction, across the time of the story. Develop them please.
  • I need to world build and be accurate; going along with being detailed, I like to have a rough idea of the world we're in and interact with it. If I say I'm going to the store and you're going to the library, don't say we run into each other when they are on opposite ends of town (basic example).
Ok, this is already too long and I probably wouldn't even read through all these rules, but there are the basics. I prefer to play male leads, but will do both as secondary characters. 21+ characters, no teenage angst or school related themes. I'm on discord and RP via emails. PM me if this interests you with an example of a typical post for you.

What I'm NOT craving:

• Sci-fi
  • Medieval
  • Fandom
  • Dark such as abuse, suicide, anything negative with children.

May I ask prior to anything, what is a genre you are currently craving? And if possible, an example?

May I ask prior to anything, what is a genre you are currently craving? And if possible, an example?

Honestly, I'm open in genres. I read so many good ideas here, but still seeking the right partner. Modern Fantasy would probably be my go-to, but I'd prefer to brainstorm ideas and see what sticks between us. Here's an example of my writing for a medieval.

The castle was alive with excitement, a small roar emitting from within filled with the discussion between nobles. Their voices filled the air, carried down long, stone corridors, and out the many open arched windows flowing into the courtyard. It was busy, loud, and alive. Guards protected various rooms as nobles discussed matters of importance; of trade, the economy, war. Castle servants quietly slipped in and out of each room, replacing sheets and serving drinks, catering to wims of those above them. The castle was huge, enormous even, made of stone which had seen years of weather. Vines crawled up its walls and rose bushes lined its gardens with neatly trimmed hedges serving as walls. The courtyard was lush with color, at full bloom from a welcoming spring that had broken a long winter. Tradesmen moved through its cobblestone paths with their horse drawn carts in tow either filled with their wares or just emptied from a good sale. Ladies of the castle, those not of royalty nor servants formed small gossip groups along these paths to admire the muscled working men that visited the castle daily. This was no more true than when a group of men headed from the stables and through the court yard towards the castle. As the group made their way along the stone path, there was a clear leader of the group. He talked quickly, a charming smile constant across his face; he spoke with emphasis, over the others, and they paid attention. Dark grey blue eyes swiveled from side to side, making eye contact with each of the men beside him as his hands motioned in different patterns as he spoke. He was tall and lean, but heavy arms pushed against his thin white tunic as it sat tucked into black trousers. Every now and then he would glace away from the group, his long hair shifting across his eyes, and he would smile at the women caught staring. He knew they were looking. They all looked.

Darius was handsome; and not the standard attractiveness that every man is held against, but an intriguing, secret kind of handsome you wanted to solve. He did not look like a Prince. His hair was too long, he often left his face unshaven, he dressed like a commoner, and he spoke of adventures and women- not politics and policy. Darius was nearly 30 and unmarried. He was born into a family of all girls and was the only male heir to his kingdom's throne. Groomed by his father to be strong and by his mother to be respectable, the youngest of five was not the image of a soon-to-be-king. Darius was interested in fencing and horses, learning how to track and how to hunt, and watching his sisters marry into unappealing arranged marriages. He wasn't interested. As a teenager it was often rumored he would sneak out and what began as small excursions turned into grand adventures. He had a reputation for being wild and the people loved him for it. These rumors grew into stories that hung on the ledge of unbelievable and when asked if they were true Darius would just shrug, leaving the question unanswered and with a grin. He accepted the role he was given, regardless of its validity.

The Kingdom of Endor was small, relative to its surrounding rulers, but it was a direct trade route for them all. Darius had been sent from his Endor home here, to establish better trade lines as well as do some exchanging of his own. It was a temporary duty, but he would take it. Anything to avoid the impending burden of his duties as a Prince back home. This kingdom was not new to him; he had been here as a child along side his parents, but his memories of that time were clouded by time. It was now a play land covered in unknowns and no one to really watch him. Darius had taken is small duty and already magnified it ten fold. Increasing trade between their Southwestern borders, expanding two new ship lines, and now he was knee deep in negotiations regarding the delivery of horses to a brooding war far north.

"You know we cannot afford that now, be reasonable!" One man shouted, not angrily, but to be heard above the bickering.
"You can't afford it? Why don't you tell that to you your friends east Romus." Another shouted back.
"Gentlemen, gentlemen," a cool and collected voice boomed through the noise, "You will pay what they are worth and you will resell half of them to your eastern border for double their worth. They have no access to horses like these, they will pay." His hands moved gently along with his words as he continued to walk through the street with a casualty the other men could not match.
The group contemplated and nodded in agreement- they were easily persuaded when talk of making money arose. They moved passed multiple trade carts lined along the castle wall, passing through the rose lined garden, and into the upper courtyard that connected to the west side of the castle.

Darius turned around suddenly, stopping the group in their tracks, facing them now. "Now if you will excuse me, I am beckoned by the Queen herself for what I am sure to be well worth my valuable time." He was sarcastic, but said it with such grace the lesser men didn't catch it. They nodded again, leaving as Darius stepped into the bustling castle he had called home for a month now.
cleardot.gif

Ah, I'm not a fan of medieval, mostly because I simply don't know much about the era. Not enough to write at least. That's not to say I can't learn, but I do favor fantasy. I don't do stuff like ghosts or fallen angels but I do like supernatural in the sense of powers and maybe even werewolves if that was your thing.

Ah, I'm not a fan of medieval, mostly because I simply don't know much about the era. Not enough to write at least. That's not to say I can't learn, but I do favor fantasy. I don't do stuff like ghosts or fallen angels but I do like supernatural in the sense of powers and maybe even werewolves if that was your thing.

Yeah, I'm not looking to do another medieval right now, but I would be very interested in Fantasy along the lines of powers or other species. As long as we're not fighting with spells or wands, I can probably keep up.

And thank you for saying so. ;)

Yeah, I'm not looking to do another medieval right now, but I would be very interested in Fantasy along the lines of powers or other species. As long as we're not fighting with spells or wands, I can probably keep up.

And thank you for saying so. ;)
Perfect, I'm very interested in a power based roleplay! Want to take this to PM so we can further discuss it?

I'm not sure is you're still looking for another partner, but I happen to be looking for someone literate and well-trained in the art of details for a Skyrim-based RP! Although there is magic, dragons, etc involved, I would assume that you'd still be interested given that it's fantasy, medieval (in a way) and has plenty of adventure, action, different races and the opportunity for romance!

I'm not sure is you're still looking for another partner, but I happen to be looking for someone literate and well-trained in the art of details for a Skyrim-based RP! Although there is magic, dragons, etc involved, I would assume that you'd still be interested given that it's fantasy, medieval (in a way) and has plenty of adventure, action, different races and the opportunity for romance!

I am, good timing ha. I've played my fair share of Skyrim and would be very interested! PM me

It's great to see another capable and fluid writer around. if you've got the space to slot me in, I'd appreciate a chance to see what we could come up

I was going to send you a PM, if I could, but it seems like the site doesn't quite trust me yet. Is there any other way I could dazzle you with examples of my word stew?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back