• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Seeking lit. long term partner for M in romantic MxF pairing in DARK plots (*TW*)

sanatanas

roleplay barbie
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
~OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS~

I'll keep this brief because I consider myself a fairly simple person.

I have several plot ideas that I would like to explore with a few new RP partners. Half of these ideas are based on plots that I have workshopped with other potential partners that either never made it out of the gate for one reason or another or that I would like to crack at from a different angle; if you see a plot that I discussed with you and you'd like to revisit it or if you feel that I've somehow violated the integrity of your intellectual property, please PM me!

I have a lax full-time job that is physically strenuous but neither mentally stimulating nor mentally taxing. I also travel domestically and internationally for work and pleasure frequently, and I spend a great deal of time with my long term partner and my family. I usually post daily, or every other day, but life happens and roleplaying sometimes takes to the back burner amongst other responsibilities. I will try to communicate any upcoming lapses in posting or engagement as much as possible, but I'm not perfect. Please be understanding and kind, as I'll try to be for you! I'm okay with ghosting, but I will probably check in at least once or twice before I declare the game dead for myself.

Otherwise...

About me:

You can call me S or Sana. She/her.
I'm in my late 20's
CST time zone.
I have been roleplaying for 13+ years, although I am new-ish to RPN and its specific jargon.
I consider myself a skilled, descriptive writer-I don't know if that means literate or advanced, to be honest.
I don't have any triggers...at all. In fact, the darker things get, the better.
I write in third person, past tense and use real face claims.
I need romance in our plot. Sorry, I am that person.
My posts can be anywhere between 500-1,000 words depending.
I only write female characters in MxF pairings. I have tried doubling as a male character and it just does not work for me. I'm also that person.
That said, I am open to doubling and adding side characters as needed or requested.
I can write on here or Discord.
Open to as little or as much occ as you'd like.
I love to scheme and come up with twists, turns, and drama.

About you:

In your 20's, preferably your late 20's.
Post at least weekly.
Give me at least two paragraphs to work with, but prefer you match my posts as I'll try to match yours.
Okay with writing male characters in MxF pairings.
Okay with mature and dark themes (but I want to respect your triggers so please let me know if you have any)

Now, onto the plots!

Cult [with a nod to Netflix's You]
Possible triggers: abuse; stalking; mental health issues

MC and YC were raised in an abusive cult. Neither are in the cult as adults (for reasons we can determine together!), but neither emerged unscathed from it. YC is unhinged, with a possible murderous and/or sociopathic streak while MC is more easily able to blend into average society. She has her group of friends, steady job, and perhaps a long term partner but she keeps her past a secret along with her own cluster B personality disorder and lingering paranoia. Having harboured a near-obsession with MC for years, YC somehow tracks her down after incessantly searching for her; keeping his true identity a secret, YC enters her life and slowly wreaks havoc in attempt to bring her back to him without realising that she's just as crazy as he is, although perhaps not as destructively so.
Tropes/pairings: stalker x victim; murderer x murderer; crazy x crazy; ?

Accident
Possible triggers: death; drug/alcohol use/abuse; mental health issues

C1 lost both of their parents in a hit and run accident caused by a drunk driver when they were young. They suffered through years of instability and abuse in the foster system and developed a substance addiction and other unhealthy mechanisms to cope with their trauma. They meet C2 (we can discuss how) and as they form a relationship, C2 learns more about C1's life until C2 comes to the realization that they had been the drunk driver that caused the accident that ruined C1's life many years before.
Tropes/pairings: addict x addict; addict x sober; addict x dealer; ?
I am open to playing either C1 or C2

[BASED ON BUT NOT A FANDOM OF] Lorelai and Christopher from Gilmore Girls
Possible triggers: loss of a child; illness of a child; cheating

MC and YC were high school sweethearts who got pregnant young. Maybe they tried to make things work but couldn't crack it, maybe one of their parents didn't approve from the jump. They ultimately part ways during or after high school and MC raises their child as a single mother with visits from the father being erratic at best. Despite the adversity her situation brings, MC makes an alright life for herself and her child until their child dies in an unexpected tragedy or is diagnosed with a terminal illness. YC comes to town for the funeral or to spend their child's final days with them. MC and YC try to keep things together, but are inundated by troubles from their history with one another. I'd imagine we'd do a lot of flashback scenes with this one.
Tropes/pairings: star crossed lovers; lovers to enemies to lovers; ?

Based on Meet Joe Black [Personification of Death + war? and/or illness?]-while this is a genre I don't have much experience in, I love this film and would be interested in exploring the idea! Beyond the basic premise, I don't want this to be too heavily rooted in fantasy.
Possible triggers: death; war(?)

YC is the personification of death, fascinated with humanity. Perhaps taking over the body of a soldier who had gone to war, or someone with a terminal illness-people who had died or were on the edge of death. They meet MC to take them or to take their partner/parent/? to the otherside. Maybe they meet MC as their partner returned from the war or as their sick partner in the hospital.
Tropes/pairings: enemies to lovers; deity (kind of?) x human; soldier x civilian

Last edited:
Would you be alright with a F x GN/NB/GF? I'm not really experienced in playing male characters...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back