• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings seeking a semi-literate, literate or advanced partner to create a lore-heavy world and characters with!

dokjacore

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
i'm very new to rpnation, so you must forgive me if the format of this isn't ideal. i'm not sure exactly what the rules are, but i'm pretty sure that this would go here and not in nation-building. i'd like a roleplay to take place in that world and i'd like a plot to center around certain characters, just in the context of a complex world, too.

in more detailed terms, hi! you can call me tiapn. i've been roleplaying for a long time, though that's gotten paused for a while. i'd like to get back into it. in greater part, though, i'd like to get back into it with something made with passion.

i've been building some worlds on my own, but it's a bit lonely to do that (and not quite roleplaying when it's all by yourself), so i'd love to have a partner (just one! i'll come back to this thread if it doesn't work out, though) to make a world and some characters with! the main goal is just to be able to talk a lot with passion and make something great and fun. the whole nine yards, too -- lots of characters, deep platonic relationships, found family, and so on. on a personal level, my favorites are either survival (usually fantasy, but other shit is good too; huge fan of isekai and apocalypse), though i also quite love slice of life and the like. i have some more details on my profile here and even more on toyhouse, which you can dm me for, though it basically has the same details on my character profile but in more depth :') it's a lot of writing, though. both here and on the character profile. i tend to talk and write a lot. i hope you don't mind the reading, ahaha.

to summarize, though -- i am a minor (16), i typically write 1000-2000 words, i respond once a week or less and i would really prefer it if you also responded once a week or less because if you do it every day i'll feel like i need to do it every day and i'll perish into dust on the spot, i like making new characters for anything, i typically only do humanoid-centered shit but i can play an animal side character here and there, i like developing new characters for every roleplay, when left unchecked the amount of characters i will have for a single roleplay multiples like rabbits in a hole, i like mentor-mentee relationships, familial relationships, rivalries, needlessly complex relationships, etc., i do love romance but not as a genre and never love at first sight, i really like developing new worlds in my head, etc. etc. whatever. i would love to do it all with you!

i'm not sure what else to write here to garner interest or to explain exactly what it is i'd like, so i'm going to drop a bunch of concepts (note: concepts. all of these are very barebones) i made a while back here. note they were made a long time ago and, if you're interested, we'll most likely do none of them (or at most steal some bits from it) because i want to make something entirely new. i have not edited these because i am tired, so if they have any notes for people who choose to roleplay them, ignore. ones that say "more details" means they're at least somewhat developed and the thing there is just a summary.

this post may change in the future when i'm less tired and more willing to put effort into it.

THE MUNDANE
these are concepts that are rooted entirely in reality. because they’re based on mundane concepts, they’ll usually be basically entirely character driven —the intrigue comes more from the character personalities and their own stories, actions and lore than from the things going on around them.

i. found family. that’s it. a lonely muse going through the mechanic and practiced motions of life, one by one, meets and retains relationships with people who bring vibrancy and life to a dull and solitary thing until they’ve made an entire family worth of people incredibly different to them who they love and who love them. the day they realize they’re finally surrounded by life and people, they break down crying. that day is a happy one.
ii. a group of college students decide, against all their better judgments, to share an apartment (illegally, since there’s enough people in there to create a fire hazard, but that’s beside the point) in the name of affordable rent. like this, they get to enjoy the benefits of living with friends, getting each other to drive them places and make food and go to stupid events, and all the annoyances of aforementioned friends being insane, incompetent 20 year olds.
iii. after a couple of years of going through hell and back, muse a abruptly decides to try to start a band and become part of an idol group and hires their partner-in-crime, muse b, to be their bodyguard. muse b does not think this is a good idea, and continues to think it is not a good idea even as muse a and their bandmates get a chance to go on tour. muse a, of course, does this anyway, and drags along their companion despite the groups’ protests that muse b is a gigantic bitch. chaos ensues on the tour bus.
iv. a muse receives a phone call late at night informing them that their cousin (of whom they had no contact with for years thanks to location) has died, leaving their young teenager and child behind, and they were the only available next of kin. despite having never planned on having children, either out of empathy or greed for their inheritance, they agree to take the kids in. upon their moving in, they find two children who are far too used to taking care of themselves, too mature for their young age. the older acts as the primary guardian for the younger, they both are well acquainted with feeding themselves with instant food and neither of them have any of the energy someone their age should. with time, while they find that the unprepared muse still can only provide a dysfunctional home, they find that they can have a happy one, nonetheless.

THE NOT-SO-MUNDANE
my personal favorite, these are concepts that are centered around mundane concepts in far-removed contexts. they’re mostly character-driven but have a running background plot or cool world lore to support the characters’ backstories and arcs, as well as give the actual events in the roleplay some extra flare.

i. the population of x city is just about all there is of the population after the monsters came. they’re horrific things — eldritch, almost, to a point where they could kill were ugliness lethal. it’s a wonder humanity survived, nevermind thrived — within the reinforced metal walls of the city, the population is steadily growing, technology is better than ever and the monster-suppressing force is growing steadily. you’re one of the elite members of this force, helping to lead your unit into escapades into the unknown to scout for resources from fallen cities and get refugees into the safety of the city and working with the other elites to repress as many of these creatures as possible. unfortunately, even the coolest of jobs come with shit company and a lot of paperwork, both of which you have to deal with more and more as the numbers and power of the monsters outside grow.
ii. the depressed muse a stumbles upon a gory scene where only a child, the 6 year old muse b, is left among the massacred bodies of their parents. they hesitantly take in muse b and later decide to adopt them, going through the troubles of raising a young child. eventually, they fall on hard times and take on an assassination job in order to make money for the both of them. they put the kid through school, meeting people to help them and perhaps falling in love, finding the will to live with this child whom they love as they carry on with their job in the background. when the kid grows older and has a kid of their own, muse a notices the child looks a lot like muse b. when the child is 6, muse a receives a hit on muse b. the next time they see them, they are in the room that muse a had found muse b in. realizing what’s going on and realizing that without having met muse b in that room, muse a would have died, muse a kills muse b and, in a fit of grief, kills themself. somewhere, muse a stumbles upon a gory scene.
iii. the angelfolk are the species in charge of order within the universe. they don’t act so much like a species as they do a post-mortem office — each angel, upon becoming one, is given their department of interest and complete assignments within it. it’s a constant flood of assignments — like a normal job, but you work for the universe, you don’t get paid and you never get to retire. they don’t necessarily keep the peace, no — they just make sure that everything is balanced and running, not necessarily that it’s moral. several members of the head guard, the angels that are in charge of the universe’s corrective power and deal it out to the various departments when requested, have no morality or attachment to their jobs at all. some hate it, some are patriotic to it, some are incredibly moral and believe strongly in what they do, some have morals outside of their job and enforce them, too — while they’re all unquestioningly doing this for some sort of greater good, even if their methods are immoral, the head guard disagree on a lot of things, really.
which is unfortunate, considering they’re the only thing holding this damn universe together.
(similar in relationship to each other and underlings to the hashira from demon slayer, or perhaps the devil hunters from chainsaw man. more details available upon request.)
iv. detective agency x is an agency that mainly deals in underground ongoings. in a world with magic, it’s hard to hunt down crime — the black market, mafia, underground fighting rings and blood magic run rampant, hidden behind safeguards and mental blocks. the death rate is steadily climbing as organized crime takes lives and people turn themselves into hideous monstrosities using magic, and even with the constant stream of arrests of involved individuals, finding a way to stop it seems hopeless — that is, until detective agency x finds a lead in a young child, the offspring of one of the leaders of a larger organization. a few of the best members of the team (and perhaps some extra for emotional support) are placed on the child’s case. they are promptly put in charge of both taking care of the kid, finding out more about the organization and trying to put a stop to it once they do. they do not get paid enough for this.

THE FANTASTICAL
concepts with fantastical lore and fantastical plots. stuff you wouldn’t find in day-to-day life, very genre-driven, etc. etc. these can also be character driven, of course, but the plot and lore is essential to these in a way it isn’t in the other two.

i. the recently orphaned heir has newly inherited all their parents’ wealth and power, including kingdom x. to no one’s surprise, the young muse turns out to be an awful leader. far more surprising, however, is the heir’s declaration that the first person to find the fabled elixir of immortality (or the like), always assumed to be a wives’ tale by the general public, and bring it to them will replace them as the monarch. the kingdom falls into chaos both as a result of the little tyrant’s horrible ruling and their odd declaration — one or several characters, however, are more concerned by them showing up at their doorstep, declaring them a part of “their team” in the race to go find this magical item.
what a brat.
ii. the gods of the world, once protectors of all, were locked away after an incident that drove them insane led them to wreak havoc upon the world. after their banishment, they were demonized as the one ally that caused and survived the incident was idolized and crowned as king. 2000 years after they were locked away, when the binding of their imprisonment was weakened, they got their revenge — they gave their abilities to people who would be their descendants and carry on their will. with the abilities of the demonized gods, they, too, were demonized, leading to a grand sense of spite that led up to the day of the 21st century’s king’s crowning. on that day, they told their descendants to wreak havoc on the world that’s treated them so terribly, and they did. meanwhile, the descendants of those who locked away these old gods in the first place are told they’re the only people who can save the world from the gods. (incredibly shortened description of an old group roleplay that died that i later figured would work better as a 1x1. more details available upon request)
iii. after a strange, unidentified object is discovered and activated, every character in the room at the time is sent into an entirely different world. in that world, no one is human — humanoid, perhaps, but not quite; more so on the line between man and monster. the only person who remains fully human happens to be the only person who remembers what occurred, but also happens to be the most fragile due to their distinct lack of monsterly appendages. confused and disoriented, the muse must find anyone they can who are as close to human as possible so they may refrain from dying to the dangers of that world and figure out what the fuck went on. (based off of a dream i recall in vivid detail. more details available upon request)
iv. when a person dies, they become a storymaker. depending on how big of a part they played in their own story, they’re given a certain amount of universe to make their own story with — a part of a world, a solar system, an entire universe or perhaps a multiverse, all for them to do whatever they want with. they have narrative abilities and control over what happens in the world, but none over the actions of their characters. one day, in a relatively small story spanning only a planet, an average hero/antihero type is making a name for themself, only to start being able to hear the narrator. they shortly find out their story is meant to end as a tragedy, and as they continue on in life and make their friends and foes, they find they’d rather die fighting to change their fate, much to the grief of their author.

if you're interested, you can dm me either here (though i can't promise i'll see it immediately) or shoot a friend request at my discord, gamer time#2019. good day to you :]!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back