• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Seeking 2-4 Partners for Slice of Village Life (a la Stardew) with Light Plot

Hey folks, as the title says! And when I say partners, I do mean partners - I don't really think of myself as the GM of this little village.

Here's what I want:
*A small, quaint town heavily influenced by the farm sim niche. (This isn't in Fandom because I don't want to pull directly from any of those games.) I like fluff. :P
*Collaborative, emergent storytelling. We all make things up as we go. The village isn't mine, it's everyone's, and the same goes for plot! ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ I do want to have an actual plot, but something laid back that can be explored at leisure.
*Each player has multiple characters. They don't all have to be in play at once - just whoever is involved in the situation at hand and whoever you're most interested in at the time. No CS necessary, and not all of them need to be fleshed out. Think of it as a cast you're poking around. ψ(`∇´)ψ However, do try to communicate to other players which characters you don't mind others controlling (NPCs) and which you really consider yours.
*No post order, no schedule, but a system of in-character time progression that helps keep things moving. Maybe every week or two a new day starts? We can figure that out after getting into a rhythm.
*Posts don't have to be long, just well-written. I usually clock in at a handful of sentences if I'm writing casually, with the occasional post that accidentally becomes several paragraphs long. ^^; As long as the post is understandable, responds to the events around you, provides a little inner reflection, and offers something for others to respond to, I count that a success!
*I'll decide who I wanna team up with by looking at your post history rather than asking for a CS. If you're new like me, no worries! Just slide into my DMs! We'll figure something else out, friendo~
*Laid back posting. I can't get online every single day, so this won't be fast-paced!

Please no:
*Forced Romance
*Grimdark Plot Twists
*Tastelessly Dramatic Backstories
*Action Adventure (I like adventure but not for this! Maybe next time!)

All this pretty much reads like I'm looking for the 1x1 dynamic in a group roleplay, which is... true TBH. We'll see how this goes! Up for discussion! Any bites?

Last edited:
I'm all for Stardew rps. But i struggle with thread rps as most of mine are in pms. Unless you'd like to discuss an rp for this or something else in pms?

If a group gets together that wants to do it in PMs that would be fine by me! It doesn't seem all that different from a thread to me, except a little shadier \( ̄<  ̄)> like hiding from the mods or something, fufufu!
A thread makes more sense to me but anything goes!

I mean I am interested but I'm not that familiar with 1 x 1 rps so I'm not entirely certain how the dynamic functions. I'd be willing to do this anyway cause it seems great. And I don't usually mess with pms because I get too many emails.
Just for curiosity's sake what made you think I'd be interested, anyway? Was it the harvest moon thread?

I mean I am interested but I'm not that familiar with 1 x 1 rps so I'm not entirely certain how the dynamic functions. I'd be willing to do this anyway cause it seems great. And I don't usually mess with pms because I get too many emails.
Just for curiosity's sake what made you think I'd be interested, anyway? Was it the harvest moon thread?
Yeah, I believe you popped up in a Harvest Moon or Rune Factory thread!
Uh basically it's everything I described! Instead of having someone lead the story, people just kinda work together and have discussions about where they want the RP to go.

XD My problem is i don't have an easy time fitting in with other people. I'm....Socially awkward
SAME THO

I'm willing to try but i may not be good at this XD
Please don't feel obligated ⊙﹏⊙ I can surely find other people who are interested if you'd rather not! I just thought you might like the idea, but you don't have to. If you don't feel good about something it might not be right for you!

I'm interested ^^
I did only recently join but you can still look at my post history if you like

Aaaaiiii look at all your beautiful faces! Thank you all for your interest! I'm gonna get some shuteye now but I'll come back tomorrow night and figure out details <3

I would be interested, but it's late where I am, and I have zero brain cells left to respond. Just writing a quick post so that I hopefully get notifs for this and remember to write a real rply tomorrow morning. :D
Thanks!
~Phadia

i am interested though i will admit my own inability to control lots of characters and maintaining any depth or interest in them

I am very interested to know what kinds of searching you did to pull my name out of a hat. XD I've never done a farm sim RP before so this is kind of interesting.
Currently, I'm taking it easy on the RP side of things. Laid back and casual is kind of were I am at as life is pretty strong right now. I COULD potentially see myself doing an RP like this, if for nothing more than a simple RP that is laid back and progresses with some sort of story just for the enjoyment of it. BUT I don't normally do multiple characters. Not that I can't, I just usually feel more invested in a story when I focus on one character at a time. ^^ I'm not saying I won't, Just curious where this thing goes atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back