• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Secrets of the Toriga System

Alcina smiled brightly. "Girl, kicking ass is part of my daily life. Being a mercenary ain't exactly the friendliest job." She smirked.

She turned to Yin. "So Yin, care to enlighten us on what the items on the list are?" She asked him.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The sound of glass shattered was followed by Refia snoring loudly, she had dropped her drink and passed out at the counter. After a few seconds she sat up straight and stared at the wall in front of her, shaking and swaying in her place. A quick drink later and she was slouching again.

"I forgot what I came here for"

Yin arched a brow at Refia and dragged his palm down over his face as Bolin emerged from the Portroom, he saw a glimpse of a human and Cavr in the side room and the rest of the group gathered at the bar. A little chuckle escaped his lips as he clapped his younger (by 30 minutes) sibling on his shoulder.

"So, this is what's turned up so far?" He grabbed the clipboard and looked over it. "What's going on in the side room, bro?"

Yin shrugged. "I haven't had the chance to check."

The bartender, (who really needs a name, but won't get one coz minor npc) set a clean glass back onto the rock and cleared his throat. "The human was in there being healed by a Cavr that was here to sign up."

The twins exchanged a glance an muttered 'humans' under their breath. Bolin waved the clipboard and cleared his throat, loudly.

"Okay! Those who are here for the expedition, make sure you're signed up here and back here at dawn in two days time with the equipment listed on the fliers. The Adventurer's Guild will only provide the food, tents, and water. I also assume you all have an item of worth to trade for your fee?"

Yin took up a thick tome from behind the bar and was noting things down in it while Bolin waited for answers from those present.

Alcina, not noticing Bolin, went over to the side room to check up on the human. She emerged again in 5 minutes, her fingers pinching the bridge of her nose. "What is with that woman.. Really." She sighed, frustrated enough. She walked back to her stool and finally took notice of the half breed.

"Well look what the cat dragged in." She muttered, unamused at his timing. She was mad at him and she sure as hell was gonna show it to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
He finally showed up, I was worried he got lost out there. I've been waiting here for a while and have had some interesting talks. My name is Rahani and I'm here to see what happened to those "poor" humans and maybe find some weapons for trade. I have everything ready and will be set when you want to go. I see Alicina doesn't look to happy and might give you a piece of her mind. Side note, she thinks you look handsome. Just putting it out there. Rahani went back to drinking his liquor. Also you need to get a better liquor selection for your ny'iss clientele.

Alcina's composure quickly disappeared at Rahani's statement. "W- what?! I- I said no such thing!" She forcefull disagreed. 'Keep telling yourself that, sweetheart.' The voice in the back of her head answered. She chose to ignore it this time and turned back to the barkeep. "Barman! Another Rhion Liquor!" She yelled out, acting like nothing happened.

This one has fire in her, we are going to get along just fine. Make that two actually, I need another pick me up. Before we take this drink I have to say, Sha raha nomani sivora arnai. Fr those who don't speak ny'iss. It's a saying wishing us luck on our journey. Now time to take another drink. Cheers and don't collapse Alicina, this is the most I've seen another one else drink before.

Ray'gush nodded after coming back from the side room, "the equipment should be easy to gather, Some I already have, though mostly it's hand-me downs from ex-treasure hunters, who'll trade their old gear for some healing of an old wound." putting on a wide smile. after Rahani's comment, "Yes, let us find luck and fortune in our travels, and may our travels have the same peace as under the gaze of the Leviathans." He scratched his chin, "though as we're going to Earth that saying doesn't really apply..."

Alcina took the glass and downed her drink in one swift gulp, letting out a satisfied sigh. "That sure hit the spot. And not to worry, Rahani. I can hold my liquor, unlike a certain someone." Her thought drifting back to the human. She turned and looked to Ray'gash. "So Doc, how's the woman?" She asked him, wondering if she was ok. She has never seen someone so hammered in her whole life.

@Der Kojote

Last edited by a moderator:
Refia yawned and took a sip of her drink, followed by downing the entire glass and angrily slamming it down then standing up. The woman stumbled back a bit before regaining her balance and tried to stand up straight. She obviously wasn't unable to but attempted anyway.

"Recruiting people without... without...."

She leaned against the table and took a third deep breath.

"You need the right gear for exploring."

Yin looked up from his note-taking and blinked at the human in all manner of confusion. "Recruiting people without what? You really need to sober up. We do not tolerate drunk or hung over adventurer's on the ship or on the expeditions. There will be no alcohol on board, and any found, will be jettisoned."

Bolin nodded in agreement with his brother. "That's right. You need to be on your toes, especially on Earth. If you're drunk when we leave, you'll get left behind. Now." He tapped the sign up sheets. "For those coming, make sure you're signed up. If you are, we'll see you back here tomorrow night. You have between now and then to pay your way, money or trade."

Looking at Refia he shook his head, "I can fix wounds, I've healed scars, set bones...even fixed an old limp or two...but that level of drunkenness can only be Lessend...You can't fix it fully..." Looking back at the twins he scratched his head, "Let's see trade good wise...I think I do have a barrel of Darkivy stored in depot on Dorox, got it after healing a farmer, is that enough to be classified as acceptable?"

Yin nodded. "That's completely acceptable. We use that to make one of our in-bar-brews, it will come in handy for sure." He made a note in the book of what the Cavr was trading for his trip with a smile. Perfect timing, really, they were running low on Darkivy.

Lian - who has been fairly quiet during the others chatter save for a laugh here and there - stands after Bolin has finished speaking. She pads over and signs the sheet, smiling coyly at Bolin as she does so.

"My pay." She states plainly, handing the half Ialdor a small, tied pouch containing her mothers earrings, "They're expensive, if I remember right. They should do." She nods, smiling at Bolin. "I'll be off then. I like to rest before a job." She turns and heads for the door, but not before stopping to whisper to Alcina.

"Good luck with Bolin." She winked and swiftly made her way out, not wanting to hear the aftermath of her comment.

Bolin takes the pouch and tugs it open, he pulls one of the earrings from within and inspects it closely. "You're right. These are finely made, they are acceptable." He smiles broadly and replaces it into the pouch, passing the bag over to Yin who notes that down in the book.

Refia yawned and waved for the sign up sheet.

"It's how I deal with the annoying rules of this colony."

She found her way to the stool beside her and shook her head, reaching into her pockets for a pen, mainly loose change and string, leaving her search completely pointless.

"I won't be drunk and hungover... I'll probably just have a headache."

"Goodluck with Bolin." Lian had whispered to her, causing Alcina's eyes to grow wide. "Lian!" She yelled at the Ialdor, but fell on deaf ear as Lian was out of the bar. Alcina was pinching the bridge of her nose at this point. 'Everyone's going to give me a heart attack.' She thought to herself. Alcina was about to lose it when she remembered what Bolin and Yin had said. Trade huh?

"Hey Yin, would this do for trade?" Alcina brandishes a nacklace out of her pocket, shining brightly even under the bar's lighting. "It's a necklace from that place on Earth.. Uh.. Egypt I think? That's where we're going aren't we? Got it as a fee for a couple of blades a client had me get." She told them, eyeing the necklace which was fit with enough diamonds and jewels it hurt just looking at it.

Yin looked up from the book and took the necklace with great interest, turning it over in his hands a few times before nodding. "That's perfectly acceptable. It's a nice necklace." He replied, setting it with the rest of the trade items and noting down Alcina's item in the book.

Well, that was over and done with. Time to head out. "Well, I'll be taking my leave then. Need to find a place to sleep for the night." She told the brothers. "If all else fails, it back to the alleyway for me.." She whispered to herself, hoping the others didn't hear her. "Goodbye Yin." She told him with a wave. "Bye Bolin. Try coming in earlier hm?" She said with a wink and with a wave of her hand, made her way to the door of the bar.

My contribution is going to be a little heavier. Give me a few minutes and I'll be back in a few minutes. I have to take a portal back to my ship real fast to grab a quick payment option. Rahani ran back towards the portal and took it to his ship. It wasn't a big thing but could fit many things of supplies. He went over to his perosnal closet and took out a box that had a biometric lock on it and everything. He took the portal back to the and put the box on the table and opened the lock. When the box opened, there was at least 200,000 dollars in usable currency. I hope this is enough to pay for the trip. All I ask though is that I can take some weapons from earth so I can sell them to some wealthy buyers. They are looking for some new things to add to their collection.

Both the half Ialdor's eyes lit up for a moment at the sight and they nodded. "That's enough, for sure. Anything you find, you can keep. Weapons included. If we all work together on finding something, we'll have to figure out how to decide who gets it after. In the past we've used a bidding system. Yin, note this one down as well." Bolin closed the box and slid it behind the counter.

I knew that would work, no one can resist the sight of money. I have all the supplies on my ship and I'll be ready for tomorrow and have some extras for myself. I need some more liquor though. Bartender,send me some more of this so called Rhion liquor you are serving me. Though this time, put it in a large class. I need to feel a kick in my stomach, not a bug bite.

The bartender hid a small frown at the slighted insult to the alcohol and served it up in a large glass, passing it over to the Ny'iss. "You really don't need to keep insulting the drink." He commented. "You are, after all, the only one to complain about it. If you want something stronger, we have stronger."

Ray'gush looked at the drink menu. "Doroxian marsh ale...give him some of that." he slid the appropriate money on the bar, "He wants to be knocked on the floor with a drink...well I think that'll do it for him." Marsh ale, used in celebrations on the planet, it also had the benefit o being so strong that it could be used medically. If you weren't used to it, it was going to kick you in the gut hard. He couldn't wait to see the reaction.

Yin knew all about the marsh-ale and he smirked, nodding and pouring the Ny'iss a glass of the blue-green ale. Faint silver swirls spiraled on the surface and he passed it over. "Here, try this. This might be more... suitable for what you're after."

Bolin chuckled and pretended to be busy, while keeping one eye on the Ny'iss and his new alcohol. This, he had to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back