• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Second Veil Roleplay

Axe

The Doctor is In

I have had this roleplay in the works for a while now. I have been debating if I should write it as a story myself, or make it into a roleplay. However, I don't have the attention span to be able to write it as a story. So, here is the idea.

It is a story derived of a dream of mine, and one I would like to use to elaborate other dreams and thoughts. I have debated this being a private roleplay, but I do believe this might become a collective story. This thread is simply to see the interest in such a roleplay.

------

This is the base idea:

The basic idea is the world is split into two different dimensions. The mortal dimension, and a shrouded dimension. This separate dimension is where 'evil' lives. The world does not survive simply on good. Evil, fear, tragedy... It is needed for the human race to advance. This separate dimension houses all of the worlds evil creatures. They are the harbingers of bad luck, tragedy, sickness and more. They are the things that go bump in the night. They are the black cat on your doorstep. They are that cold that will never go away. From the little unexplained scratch, to the mass shooting.

They are specially hand chosen from the human race themselves. Victims of tragedy themselves, mostly. They have experienced it first hand, a lot find it to be relieving... To be able to cause the same pain. But some are unwilling. Upon death, they receive their damnation and are immediately forced to carry out their new jobs. Each spirit has their own job. Whether they are the killers, or the sickness. Each one has their own job. They have little interaction with the actual world. Some have the ability to interact with humans due to the nature of their task, however many do not. They cannot talk to anyone besides other spirits. They have little physical interaction. They exist in their own world, only to temper with humanity. With this, they lose all grip of humanity, hope and beyond.

They are a collective group... The only aspect of them that is the same is they all wear a mask. They are all different, but they all wear a mask. No spirit is allowed to look upon anothers’ face. It is unheard of. The main talk is if they are to remove their mask, they would eventually remember their humanity, and attempt to escape their damnation. They are all to do their work and that is it.

----IF PRIVATE ROLEPLAY-----

But this story will surround mainly two spirits. A newly inducted spirit (my own), and one who long forgot his sense of self. The only thing left in this hollow of a man is regret for his own tasks. But this continuously drives him to complete his job. I wanted to write the interaction between the two characters, as she attempts to bring him back to some sort of humanity, in order to escape the domain they are stuck in. I want to make some prophetic tale of it.

----IF COLLECTIVE----

A newly inducted spirit (my own), will meet several spirits along her travels. With these spirits she will travel with, she will attempt to stage some sort of coupe upon the council that has damned them to this second veil of existence.

-----TO FURTHER EXPLAIN-----

If further explanation is requested, I have my own characters skeleton and back story to provide to get a better understanding of these spirits.

I'm on board, Axe.

I have a character in mind that would fit right into this scenario if he were dead. As far as the philosophical message you'd like to portray, you'd have to tell me what you have in mind so we're on the same page.

Let me know!

Church418 said:
I'm on board, Axe.
I have a character in mind that would fit right into this scenario if he were dead. As far as the philosophical message you'd like to portray, you'd have to tell me what you have in mind so we're on the same page.

Let me know!
Might I ask what you mean? I am sure it wouldn't be too hard for me to apply such a concept.

Not really. I think it was that yesterday this was the first interest check of several which I looked at.

I'm also not sure how well I'd go in a

One-on-one.

Now I'd be pretty keen for the collective.

Ironrot said:
Not really. I think it was that yesterday this was the first interest check of several which I looked at.
I'm also not sure how well I'd go in a

One-on-one.

Now I'd be pretty keen for the collective.
That was what I was thinking. It was originally structured for a sort of off-landish romance prophecy, (as it went in my dream), but I feel that's nonsense. I think I would like to run it as a collaborative. Introduce many sins and others dreams to the mix.

Ironrot said:
I'd still keep it fairly small, i think
Oh most definitely. I would like to try and stick with people who have the ability to maybe cosplay two characters. I will have two at the minimum, both required for the roleplay.

I was merely referencing the "prophetic message" you had in mind.

I wanted to know what it was before offering to join your RP, as to not bring a character on board that would conflict with your message.

I would be interested if you are still looking! If you wanted to also do the individual one, that sounded very intriguing to me, even though you have the makings of a small group here. I love the idea of the hollow being learning humanity. Perhaps that could be one of the characters in the collective?

Either way, I'm interested :)

Church418 said:
I was merely referencing the "prophetic message" you had in mind.
I wanted to know what it was before offering to join your RP, as to not bring a character on board that would conflict with your message.
Oh yes! I can message you an example of my own character, to give you a better idea.

AmaniJME said:
I would be interested if you are still looking! If you wanted to also do the individual one, that sounded very intriguing to me, even though you have the makings of a small group here. I love the idea of the hollow being learning humanity. Perhaps that could be one of the characters in the collective?
Either way, I'm interested :)
I am willing to try it both ways. The original construct of the one on one was some sort of twisted romance, almost. (How it was in my dream). It can be changed however. I'm still trying to remember the exact details of the dream to try and recreate. I've flourished it a bit to make more sense.

Axe said:
I am willing to try it both ways. The original construct of the one on one was some sort of twisted romance, almost. (How it was in my dream). It can be changed however. I'm still trying to remember the exact details of the dream to try and recreate. I've flourished it a bit to make more sense.
Hey, I like twisted romance :) Just let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back