• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Second Eden

Are you interested in Second Eden?

• Yes, it's right up my alley.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, I'll move on.

• I want to know more about it before I make a decision!

• Total voters

Kyna

❁ Belles Fleurs ❁

Inspiration and Original Synopsis from
here.

"In the future, Earth's temperature has risen. Animals and plants begin to die off slowly in the heat, and with new diseases on the increase, humans are not safe either. The only children that survived their early years in the heat were those lucky to be born with immunities to Earth's new, common illnesses. The government of the day was almost too late when they decided to act, saving essential plants and animals for the survival of the human race. They were to be put into biodomes near the future settlements around the world in order to sustain future generations. With the great heat, no other species could be saved.

For almost a century, the humans have retreated to their metal forests, underground cities and domes. Children were taught how to operate and manage their artificial world from young, so that they could maintain the old machines that kept them alive and safe from the burning sun. They lived off chemical foods and spent their days tweaking with science and engineering. Today, none of Earth's children have seen a real animal, a real tree - only images in digital archives of a world that once was.

Life seems normal until one day, everything the world could expect from the future was about to change. Reports flooded into major cities all around the world that a boy had sighted a real animal. What was it? How did it get there? But more importantly... where did it come from?."

Humans were the greatest and the worst thing to ever happen to Planet Earth.

Their thirst for prosperity and to thrive was what cultivated the planet into a place of wonders for many. It was also what sparked global warming.. also known as the demise to that prosperity. Slowly, over the course of centuries, global temperatures grew. The worst part: humans used none of their brilliant and readily available technology to stop it. When the scientists noticed that some of the most sustainable species had been perishing because of the risen climate, it was far too late to stop the exponential calefaction. One by one, reports of unknown conditions became prevalent in news headlines. A heat-disease epidemic had begun. They called it the Fever.

~

All that was on their mind, now, was the survival of themselves.

Hastily, governments worked together to grab snippets of essential plants, embryos of unborn animals, and all of their research for the Fever. They compiled it all into one database, and then begun the Colonization.

~

Within years, all of the residential neighborhoods, all of the metropolises and all of the human population lived inside a bubble.

Underground facilities were created where families lived and died. Some families were to never see the light of day again, once they disappeared from the surface.

Aboveground domes were for the first families to comply with Colonization terms, and although the United Governments had "abolished" social hierarchy when they proposed the Colonies, it formed a sense of privilege above the submerged communities.

~

It was like this for years, with the human's artificial nature and artificial lifestyle. Children were taught from an early age how to survive in their metal ecosystems. Cases of The Fever had become so rare, that screening between districts was no longer administered.

Until a report was filed.

It all began with a little boy seeing an animal skitter across the arid landscape.

Scientists flocked outside in their astronaut-like suits, chasing the footprints of the creature until they found another set. And another. Before they knew it, the scientists had found an entire ecosystem on the other side of the planet. Not one that was artificial. Organic.

They named it Second Eden.

News spread like wildfire throughout the Colonies.

One day, however, a headline shocked them all:

TEN KILLED IN SECOND EDEN.

~

Nobody knew what it was. Nobody knew how it happened. Nobody had the slightest clue.

But, society was eager to find out. And they were willing to sacrifice more, to satisfy its thirst for information. The same thirst that brought Earth to its demise.

You are one of the few hundred recruited to explore Second Eden. Whether you want to or not, you're placed in the middle of an unknown region with almost no prior knowledge. Together, with other people, your initial mission is to recover the data from the previous scientists' site.

It turns into so much more.

Hey guys, it's Kyna here! Please let me know if you're interested in making this plot a reality. I'm open to all sorts of questions and criticisms, just plop them down below!

ShatteredSoul said:
Count me in!
Thank you for your interest! If you think somebody you know might be interested, would you mind dropping a little *hint*? I want to get as many people as I can interested!

Bump! :3

Hey I would really be interested in this.

Quick question though are the people choosed to go to Second Eden are chose randomly just normal people or are there like roles, some are scientists some guards etc etc?

The citizens can either volunteer, or a notice is sent out for one in every hundred citizens to go to Second Eden. Considering the population of the Colonies, that would equate to about 500 citizens, aside from volunteers.

I can imagine that some remaining scientists would like to aid the expedition, however, when creating the concept I thought of it kind of with people with no prior basis on how the world works outside of the Colonies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back