• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Second Dawn OOC

I wanna be the New California Republic.
This RP is set in Europe.
Are muskets a realistic ranged weapon my nation could have in large quantities?
Very likely yes. My faction uses shoddily-made carbines that jam and overheat a lot but are effective in close quarter firefights, so weapons that don't do much damage against decently armored targets and take a long while to reload typically should be.

Very likely yes. My faction uses shoddily-made carbines that jam and overheat a lot but are effective in close quarter firefights, so weapons that don't do much damage against decently armored targets and take a long while to reload typically should be.

Ah, great. I want to have my military be based around sort of Napoleonic and American Civil War era make up, so those weapons would be needed.

Pat... uhh... muskets do more damage than a standard modern rifle

But you can only fire a single shot at a time. So while it does more damage, it has to hit the target on the first shot or the firing soldier will be exposed for several seconds.

But you can only fire a single shot at a time. So while it does more damage, it has to hit the target on the first shot or the firing soldier will be exposed for several seconds.
What kind of man can reload a musket in a few seconds?

It depends on the musket and how close it is.
Well a standard musket has more Gun Power per shot, a larger projectile and a longer barrel, thus by the laws of thermodynamics and physics a musket is on average stronger than a modern rifle.

It depends greatly on time era and nation. Some would do that, others would use a rotating firing line. The first line would crouch and fire, then the second line would advance and fire. The third would follow, and by then the first line would have reloaded.

I have a start point and an end point and now clue how to connect the two properly

The Russian Empire
Riga Outskirts, 0850 hours
The group of trucks rolled on along the old highways, marks on the earth that tell the stories of the old world. They were approaching Riga and they were within 10 miles of the city.After a few more minutes, the old ruins appeared on the horizon. A cheer went up amongst the men as they approached. As they reached the gate, an Embassador, one Smolin Yanovich, dismounted with a party of Russian troops armed with AK 47s. They approached the gate and, after discussion with the people of Riga, were allowed to occupy an old building, fix it up, and use it as a Russian embassy within Riga.
Riga

When the trucks arrived the people of Riga were somewhat conflicted in opinions. They trusted Russians less than they trusted people of the same ethnicity, as most of the scouts were Latvian. They stopped them at the gates and asked their business.

Meanwhile the Livonian scouts managed to negotiate an ambassador into Riga. The ambassador would still have to work to get his daily food, but they offered to give a small free farm for any ambassador that would arrive.
The chosen ambassador was an well-known member of the Pärnu community and had been just a few votes away from joining the Linnakogu last elections. Him and his family relocated to Riga barely a week and a half after discovering the settlement.
Lordvader59 Lordvader59

Users who are viewing this thread

Back