• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Searching for Worldbuilding Partner(s)

MrBrown

Eternal Padawan
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey, how are you guys? I've been away for a while, courtesy of a little friend called finals but now I have a little time to get back into roleplaying. I'm a big fan of world-building and that's what I'm looking for right now. The way I usually tackle this is by first setting up some general rules for the universe. Then, me and my roleplaying partner each create a character that will be placed in this world and grow old exploring it.

There are lots of genres I'm willing to roleplay: from simple urban fantasy with a small presence of magic to a fantasy setting where even the water holds magic. If that's not your cup of tea that's alright, I also love sci-fi settings were we discover and create countless worlds and races, post-apocalyptic worlds where we fight for survival, political courts where each word is carefully thought before being spoken. Literally, if you have a basic idea for a world, I'm most likely down to pick it up with you.

I have a few ideas for some of the setting already but everything is up for discussion, this is meant to be a two-person(maybe three) roleplay, not just me creating everything. If you want to hear some of them just ask away, I'll give you the general idea.

When it comes to rules I'm pretty lenient, but there are just a few things I ask of you.
  1. Do not, and I repeat, do not control my character. NPC's I've created, the weather, that's completely okay if you tell me beforehand but dictating my character's actions is something I cannot accept.
  2. Do not post one liners. I know a lot of people like them and I have nothing against them but it's something I hate. It's pretty awful when I give you a 4-5 paragraph answer and you spit out a simple line.
  3. Please have proper grammar and a general grasp of the English language. It's my second language as well and mistakes happen, it's no biggie, but one mistake appearing every other sentence just kills my inspiration.
I think that's it for the moment, shoot me a PM if you are interested in building a world with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back