• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Searching for Partners

Cat.Chrestomanci

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not a Bad Slime
Hello. You can call me Kei. I’m a university student currently and have upwards of 8 years of experience rping. For those of you who care, I am in EST.

Looking for:
-Someone who writes in third person, past-tense prose. First person past tense is acceptable if you are very passionate. I apologise, but 3rd person future tense bothers me and I would very much appreciate if you would avoid this tense.

-Someone who values the art of writing and will take care in the craft. I do not wish to role play with someone who does not know the difference between homophones such as there, their, and they're or two, too, and to. I will not tolerate misuse of homophones. I am aware that everyone makes typing errors every once in a while, but with consistent and repeated mistakes, I may just drop you suddenly.

-Someone who doesn't use big words just to sound smarter or more sophisticated. Polysyllabic words are fantastic if you know when to use them but should be used with care. There is a place and time for every word, just be sure the word appears in the correct place at the correct time. Writing is an art so make every word count!

-Someone who does not control my character(s), god-mod, or introduce new characters and expect me to rp them because I will not. I also do not expect others to rp characters that I introduce unless you want to rp certain characters that I introduce. I will rp any character I introduce, even if I have introduced over 20 characters, I will rp every single one. It would be great if we could identify the various powers or attributes of the characters before we start, we can easily avoid creating overpowered characters. Another way to avoid this is to decide the rules of the world beforehand.

-Someone who would double would be great, but it is not required. If there are more characters, it seems as though the world is more real. While I may play many characters, there will still be a main character, despite the fact that they may not be present at all given times. That being said, I have no gender preference as to who I play against (f, m, or nb) and am comfortable with any pairing (LGBTQ+).

-Someone who will propel the plot so that I am not simply talking to myself or leading someone along. We can hammer out a general direction before we start and fill in the blanks with prose as we go. I do not particularly like plotless role plays or role plays centred around romance. It often feels incredibly forced. If romance happens, it happens. I don't DM.

--I do not want to play against a damsel in distress who waits for others to rescue them while doing nothing themselves. There is only so much that can be done when a character won't help him/herself in some way, even something so simple as extending a hand or prayer for help. I do not want to play against a Mary Sue.

I have no particular preference for length of replies. 3+ sentences per reply would be nice but I'm not going to have a fit over 1 line responses so long as they say all that you want to say and MOVE THE PLOT ALONG. Please don't be repetitive just to make your reply longer. Saying "he did nothing" in three different ways accomplishes nothing despite being 3 sentences. Don't just stand there waiting for something to happen. Obviously, action scenes, dialogue, or interactions that rely upon both parties will have shorter sentence counts than those of expository posts, so just know that context determines post length and it should be fairly intuitive.

I would like someone who can reply regularly, preferably daily or every other day. My frequency will be a minimum of 2 times per day with a maximum of 20 replies possible if I am on a roll and the responses are short. Please do not just disappear on me. I know life happens and understand that but it would be really great to have some notice. Drop me a message at your earliest convenience instead of me having to poke you and tell me if you just aren't feeling the rp, it happens and I won't get offended.

Thank you to everyone who has gotten this far and decided to continue reading.

Topics:
I'm good with almost, just suggest a genre and I'm sure we can come to an agreement on the genre we will be writing within the parameters of. I also really love universe building down to the most precise details. In the case of Sci-fi, I like having technology that could plausibly work because I am a science nerd. I hope that if we decide to build a universe, our collaboration can make something great. My strengths in writing are sci-fi/futuristic and supernatural/fantasy.

No illegal sexual activities (bestiality, statutory, misconduct, etc.).

Slice of life is not really my thing, as it usually only entails romance. I don't like forced romance stories and am a plot-driven writer.

Ideas that have a lot of room for expansion:
--A world in which the current governing body is corrupt due to either a hostile takeover or the gradual fall of a dynasty and the people are beginning to revolt
--An evil force has been released due to the negligence of those in power and now adventurers must be sent out on a quest to find a way to defeat the evil before it destroys the world
--A world in which people with abilities/mutations are pitted against one another in a battle royale for the entertainment of normal humans (this draws on the series Deadman Wonderland if anyone's heard of that)
--An isolated world is slowly crumbling but leaving is taboo; an invitation to leave is extended, what will happen next?
--A long-lived sorcerer was put into a slumber for a thousand years, how has the world changed? For what reason was he imprisoned
--It was a short-lived mobile game in which you are randomly given an avatar to use to fight others. What happens when these avatars escape the game?
--A full-dive rpg game has a glitch. (this can be taken in multiple directions like SAO, .hack, or related series)

These are settings and not plots because I like having plot development be done on the part of both individuals. That way, no one is forced into a specific role.

General Genres:
Medieval Fantasy
Dystopian Scifi
Steampunk
Mystery and Horror
Supernatural

I don't usually do fandom, although I may draw on some ideas here and there. If you can make a strong case, I will consider it. I do not play canon characters from fandoms either.

PM me if you're interested!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back