• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Search for Longterm Roleplay Partner (FxM)

Hi! I'm looking for a roleplay partner to do any of the plots I have in mind. I'm still quite new to the site so I'm still figuring out a lot of things from the site.
I prefer roleplaying as a female so have that in mind because I always have a hard time playing a male.
I like detailed answers more than 2 paragraphs but I don't get furious receiving short answers once except if it is one liners I can accept it but I don't want any post to be only one line everytime and I would rather prefer to avoid them.
My first language is not english so I apologize if I make mistakes in my posts I try to improve everytime.
If you are interested you can PM and we can discuss the plots you would like to do. I'm also open to ideas if you think something would make the plot more interesting I would be happy to hear it or if you have some plots similar to the ideas I have go ahead and tell me too.
Notes
*Sometimes I can be busy since I have to go to work and study but I'll try to reply as often as I can.
*Character sheets are not mandatory but I would aprreciate if you could have a picture for your character (A real person)
*If you want to stop the roleplay at some point I would like a lot if you could please mention that to me I'll do the same if I feel like I can't continue the roleplay.
Plots:
After several years of failed romantic relationships of their choosing, Muse A resigns to follow through with an arranged marriage set up by their parents many years ago. Muse B, the sibling of the intended bride/groom, arrives 1 month before the wedding is to take place with the daunting task of informing Muse A and their family that the intended bride/groom has married already and that there won’t be a wedding– except when Muse A and Muse B meet for the 1st time, Muse B becomes smitten and can’t quite break the news that they aren’t the intended bride/groom..
Muse A and Muse B are young and in love. After meeting one summer at the beach, the couple hasn’t been apart for more than 2 days at a time. Though they are young and their futures are still uncertain, they are sure that they intend to spend the rest of their lives together. Excited that they’ve each found their soul-mate and eager to show the world, they decide to get married. Unfortunately, Muse A and Muse B’s parents both strongly disapprove, stating that it won’t last and they’ll regret the rushed nuptials afterward. Discouraged, but not totally defeated, the young couple plan to elope. They’ll get married in secret and run away together, starting a life on their own, without their parents’ help. Muse A and Muse B scrape together what money they can and run off in the middle of the night, leaving only a goodbye note behind for their parents. They get married in a quaint roadside chapel and find a cheap apartment to live in. They plan to find work and take care of each other from now on, however, it’s not long before they discover that it’s not as easy or as fun living independently as they dreamed it would be. Before they know it, they’re short on rent. Work leaves the newlyweds with little time for each other, and when they are together they begin to fight over their finances.
In a world in which people are born with soul-mates, distinguished by identical marks on their forearms, Muse A was born with no such mark and therefore destined to be alone. Ashamed of bringing an outcast into the world, Muse A’s parents abandoned them when they were just a few weeks old. A compassionate couple brought Muse A into their home and nurtured the unfortunate child as if Muse A was their own flesh and blood (though there was no official adoption). Muse B was the only child born to the couple before they took Muse A in. Muse A and Muse B were instantly inseparable, even as infants one would cry if the other wasn’t beside them. As a child, Muse B happily shared all they possessed with Muse A and was always there to comfort Muse A whenever they were sad about not having a destined love. They lived like siblings, but even more like best friends, in the same home until Muse A turned 18. Though Muse A grew to love their foster family, they felt that it was time to move on and see the world, even if there was no one waiting out there for them. Though Muse B has met their soul-mate by this time, they are adamant about taking this journey with Muse A, who they haven’t been without for so much as one day of their young life. They set off to explore the world with Muse B’s parents’ blessing with the condition that Muse B will return home in 3 weeks time to marry their rightful soul-mate, whether or not Muse A returns home with them.
Muse A is an aspiring artist who goes to a prestigious art school in the city. Upon attending a gallery show with friends, Muse A is introduced to the work of an up-and-coming artist whom they’ve never heard of before. The artwork speaks to them on a personal level, as they see definite similarities between this artist’s themes and technique and their own work. To Muse A’s dismay, the artist isn’t there to speak to, but they’re able to get the artist’s contact email from the show’s curator. Taking a chance, Muse A emails the artist (muse B) and explains how their work has inspired them and how honored they’d be if the artist might one day give them some tips on how to make it in the fine art industry. To Muse A’s surprise, they receive a response from Muse B almost immediately. Muse B wants to meet them the next morning at their studio. When the next day dawns, Muse A arrives at the address given and is surprised to discover that Muse B is close to them in age. They talk a little bit before Muse B invites them into their work space.

Upon entry, Muse A is in awe and expresses that they can’t wait for the day when they have a studio like Muse B’s. Muse B offers to let them work in the space, if Muse A will agree to be their muse. Muse B offers a contractual arrangement, which states that for two month’s time Muse A will come to the studio and provide inspiration to Muse B in exchange for use of the space when Muse B isn’t around. Muse A happily agrees and signs the contract, thinking that this is a once in a lifetime kind of deal. The insight they’ll gain from being around Muse B will be invaluable, plus they’ve never been anyone’s muse before. As the first month gets underway, Muse A quickly begins to notice that Muse B has a difficult personality. They have a long list of rules for behaving while in the studio, and require that every paint and tool be left exactly in the order it was when they left it. If Muse A is one minute late for a session, Muse B is on-edge and irritable for the whole afternoon. The working relationship between the pair of them becomes acrimonious in the first few weeks – little slights turn into huge arguments. Sometimes neither one of them feels inspired to work because of how tenuous their working relationship is, but their shared passion for artistic expression and the terms of the contract keep them bound to one another.. at least for the rest of the two month period.
Muse A has been admitted to a psychiatric hospital, and is currently undergoing a long term evaluation. Muse B is a volunteer at the hospital. They bring the families of the residents anything they may need, sit with patients that have no visitors, or simply act as a good listener when needed. A doctor on staff directs Muse B to Muse A, explaining that Muse A is very much alert, but does not respond to anyone that attempts to interact with them. The doctor suggests that Muse B sit with Muse A on the next day, perhaps reading them a novel or telling stories in the hopes that a fresh face who is neither staff nor patient will garner a positive response. Muse B signs in the following day with a copy of their favorite book in hand and sits at Muse A’s side to read. Muse A does not respond for days on end, but one afternoon they finally make eye contact with Muse B, the hint of a smile on their features, looking forward to continuing the story. Muse B is overwhelmed by the small gesture, suddenly hit by the realization that in spite of Muse A’s complete and utter silence, they have grown incredibly fond of them. As the novel progresses, so does the connection between volunteer and patient. Only when the last page has been read aloud does Muse A finally speak to Muse B.
Muse A has become addicted to prescription painkillers, but is very secretive about their addiction. They refuse to let their friends and family be aware of it, never using in front of them or talking about it, and maintaining a hardened philosophy that if they don’t admit it out loud, there is no problem. At first the silence succeeds. The people around Muse A don’t suspect anything except the occasional uncharacteristic irritability. As time goes on, Muse A’s addiction to opiates becomes more and more evident to those who are close to them, especially Muse B (friend, sibling or significant other), who begins to suspect Muse A is using drugs. Although Muse A still attempts to keep their addiction under wraps, the facade begins to falter as they become more and more dependent. Muse B is torn on whether to address their suspicions and confront Muse A, at the risk of having a falling out; however if they stand back idly and don’t take action, they risk losing them entirely. In the end Muse B decides to intervene, offering their assistance and support if Muse A will choose to admit they have a substance abuse problem and seek professional help.
Muse A is the daughter of a man with a serious gambling problem. He’s a sweet man, always doting on Muse A with her favorite books and rare flowers, but he’s up to his ears in debt after borrowing money from the wrong people. One afternoon, Muse A’s father is confronted by Muse B, the ruthless crime boss of the city. Few people have ever seen Muse B’s face, as his henchmen usually do his dirty work, but everyone knows his name and cowers in fear appropriately. Muse A’s father owes Muse B a considerable debt, which he cannot pay. Rather than kill the man, Muse B offers a trade – the man's beautiful daughter in exchange for the forgiveness of his financial debts. He has one night to make this deal happen or Muse B will come for him. When Muse A’s father explains the predicament to her, she is willing to go, as long as it ensures the safety of her family and her father promises to put an end to his troublesome gambling habits. Muse A moves in to Muse B’s mansion outside of town the following day. From the moment Muse A arrives, Muse B is on his best behavior, lavishing her with gifts – a library wing for her, a pretty garden filled with the finest, imported roses – jewelry, and so on. Gradually, Muse A comes to see that Muse B isn’t a horrible person, behind closed doors, but the circumstances of their arrangement (and the terrible crimes he commits as a crime boss) make it difficult for her to fall in love with him as he’s fallen in love with her. Each time Muse B proposes marriage, Muse A refuses. Muse A becomes terribly homesick and begs to be allowed to visit her father. Muse B allows her to leave him as long as she returns to him within a week’s time. While Muse A is away, Muse B is attacked by a disloyal bunch of conspiring underlings. When Muse A returns, she finds Muse B wounded and left for dead in his home office. She realizes in this moment that she does love him and if he recovers she’ll marry him. Her quick actions save his life and once he is well enough, they marry.
Muse A meets Muse B on the evening of Muse B’s wedding to a brutish, foreign diplomat. Muse A is working the catering hall for the event and encounters Muse B crying in her dressing room before the wedding ceremony begins. A thick language barrier obstructs communication between them, but it’s obvious to Muse A that Muse B wants nothing to do with this marriage. As the processional hymn begins and the wedding party begins to walk down the aisle, Muse A makes the split decision to take Muse B’s hand and sneak her out of the venue. Muse B knows that her husband-to-be is a dangerous man and despite her fear that they’ll be pursued, Muse B goes on the run with Muse A.
In a future world where human beings no longer have the ability to reproduce without the aid of scientific engineering (due to decades of exposure to harsh environmental pollutants and secret government initiatives to stave off the population to preserve resources), the kiss has become the highest form of physical intimacy. Kisses are reserved for your Cherished One–a mate who is assigned by a local agency based on extensive compatibility evaluations given when someone reaches the age of 18. Embracing someone who is not your Cherished One in this special way is a crime punishable by law, with serious repercussions for both people caught in the act. Those who are caught betraying their Cherised One can be sent to an interment facility for varying amounts of time depending on the severity of the ‘offense’ and may forfeit their right to participate in an annual lottery that decides which couples will be permitted to bear children through in vitro means. There are couples who are rumored to have defied the law and abandoned their Cherished One for another, but little is known of ‘the Disgraced’ as they are called because they must live apart from society in order to avoid the reach of the authorities. Muse A and Muse B have just taken their compatibility evaluations.
One day, on Muse A’s way home, they come across Muse B lying in the middle of the road. They appear hurt, but are unresponsive when Muse A tries to rouse them. Not having a phone on them to call an ambulance, Muse A carries Muse B the short distance back to their home and tries to revive them.

After several minutes of rest, Muse B awakens with the most excruciating scream of pain. They jolt up, and immediately start drawing sigils on the walls of Muse A’s home with their own blood. Terrified, Muse A demands that Muse B stop and explain themselves. Muse B removes their shirt, revealing where their angel wings have been clipped and states they used to be part of God’s Army.

Muse A has never been particularly religious, and needs plenty of convincing that Muse B isn’t a lunatic. Muse B explains that they have been banished from Heaven and they need to hole up with Muse A because they have no where else to go and the world is unsafe for them. Muse A reluctantly agrees to let Muse B live with them, and over time, helps to teach Muse B how to pass as a human.
Muse A lands a part-time job at the local ice cream shop for the summer. Though the pay is better than minimum wage, Muse A’s not enthused to spend sunny afternoons inside, scooping cones for bratty kids and demanding customers while their friends are catching waves at the beach. To make matters worse, the shop manager’s a little weird and Muse A’s sole co-worker is standoffish for no apparent reason, making the work environment pretty awkward. The first few shifts seem to crawl along for Muse A, causing them to contemplate quitting before their starting week is up. Muse A’s outlook begins to change, however, when Muse B strolls into the shop. Muse B is a relative of the manager and the last new hire of the season. Muse B is cool to Muse A (unlike their other co-worker), always lending a hand when Muse A makes a mistake or taking the blame whenever the manager is looking to scold someone because Muse B knows their relative won’t fire them. Muse A and Muse B become good friends in a short span of time, happily spending hours hanging around the shop even when one of them’s not scheduled to be at work. They make the most of their slow summer together.
Muse A has been groomed since birth to be a respectable noble-person, constantly reminded to practice the etiquette proper for their gender and expected to anticipate the day they will meet a well-bred suitor. Muse B has never enjoyed the privileged life despite being within arm’s reach of it; they’ve worked on the estate grounds for Muse A’s family since they were a mere child and have observed the high life of the aristocracy all the while with envious eyes. Perhaps due to their contrary social standings, Muse A has always been fascinated with Muse B and vice versa. With Muse A constantly under the watchful eye of their chaperone, Muse A and Muse B have resorted to leaving letters for one another in an old tree on the property; they’ve been planning for several days to meet one another in secret.
Muse A has been sheltered for most of their upbringing, coddled by loving but overprotective parents well into their teenage years. They’ve yet to experience most of the milestones that their same-age peers take for granted, like attending a school dance or getting their driver’s license. The only time that Muse A isn’t under the watchful eye of their parents is when they’re at school and even then, they’re under strict orders to come straight home once that dismissal bell rings. Muse B hasn’t resided with a parent/guardian since they were legally able to live on their own. They didn’t come from a nurturing environment, not even close, but they’re not looking for a pity party about it. Muse B fends for themselves in this world and they’ve earned a bit of a reputation for snubbing their nose at authority at every opportunity.

Muse A encounters Muse B one afternoon as they’re making their way to the bus. Muse A can’t help but stare with envy as Muse B mounts their motorcycle—able to ride off whenever and wherever they please. Muse B catches Muse A staring and they offer Muse A a ride. Muse A accepts, hastily snatching up their first little taste of freedom
The year is 2124. Due to extremely limited resources and overpopulation of the planet, once people reach a specific age they must be euthanized. Upon a person’s Xth birthday, people must report to a sleep facility where they will be put to sleep by a sweet-smelling toxin. The only people exempt from this fate are enforcers of the law, who are in charge of tracking down those who attempt to escape. Muse A is an infamous enforcer with a nearly impeccable record of captures, and Muse B is a rebellious citizen who has just turned of age. Muse B has learned of a secret sanctuary for people who have successfully escaped and continue to live out their days in an underground society. They assemble only the bare essentials for survival and begin the journey, but with Muse A hot on their trail, will Muse B be able to evade them long enough to join the handful of others who have successfully disappeared?
Muse A is coming of age in their magical family. On their 18th birthday, they learn what element (water, air, earth, or fire) they have been gifted with. Muse A has been under the impression and hope that they will have inherited the same element that their parents and grandparents have been blessed with, however they come to discover that they have been bestowed with the opposite element. According to rules set forth in the family’s grimoire, Muse A must learn to master their gift from a witch/warlock who possesses the same elemental power as they do. Muse B, who has the same element as Muse A, becomes Muse A’s reluctant mentor. Muse B is brilliant and powerful, but lacks in the department of manners and compassion, especially when Muse A shows difficulty harnessing their new abilities. Muse B is condescending and impatient often without provocation. One day, Muse A meets their wit’s end with Muse B’s treatment and they demand to know why Muse B is so hostile toward them. Muse B reveals that they come from rival families and they are only teaching Muse A due to the terms of a 1,000 year old truce. Once Muse A has mastered their gift, however, the ceasefire will be over. And the families will once again be at odds.
Muse A has taken a well-deserved vacation from work and is on their way home for the holidays. Presents are wrapped and they’ve packed their bags. Muse A is as ready as they’ll ever be to deal with the stress and excitement of joining their family once again, but what they weren’t prepared for was to be stuck at the airport for an undetermined amount of time. A very unexpected ice storm has delayed their flight back to their small town for what the airport estimates to be at least 48 hours.

Muse B has found themselves in the same predicament, stranded at the airport upon trying to get a last minute flight home to visit their relatives. They make each other’s acquaintance while choosing their holiday meal from the same vending machine. After a bit of small talk, they find out they are both travelling alone, and Muse A and Muse B decide to keep each other company for the duration of the flight delay.
Muse A works as a waiter/waitress at a kitschy 50s themed diner on the edge of town. Poodle skirts, letterman jackets, and malted shakes galore! Once a popular attraction among residents and tourists alike, the little diner has lost most of its business to larger shopping/dining complexes that have sprung up in the heart of town. Though the pay would probably be better elsewhere, Muse A stays on at the homey diner and spends their shifts fully immersed in the 50s experience, dressing and talking the part until it’s time to close up. With the holidays approaching, Muse A hopes for a much needed rush of patrons to keep the struggling eatery afloat; even just one new face would be nice. Enter Muse B. When Muse A first meets Muse B, they mistake Muse B for a new hire since they appear to be ‘in uniform’ and speak as if they’ve stepped off the set off Happy Days. Muse B isn’t an employee but a new customer who begins to come in for the dinner special every evening.
The 50s diner is the only place in town that Muse B feels truly at home, because they’re not from this era. The details of how they’ve arrived at the present day are fuzzy for Muse B, but once they see the neon lights of the diner they have that familiar feeling of belonging that draws them in. Muse A notices Muse B coming in every night and finds something oddly charming about them, though they act strangely compared to the other customers. Over time, the pair come to have heart-to-heart conversations over dessert and coffee after closing, then Muse B kindly offers Muse A a ride home in their 56’ Plymouth Fury. When Muse B reveals the truth about themselves to their new friend, Muse A is disbelieving, though it sort of makes sense; they’ve never met anyone in town as old-fashioned and well-mannered as Muse B. Getting over the initial shock, Muse A promises to help Muse B acclimate to 2018 until they can find a way to send Muse B back to their decade.
Muse A lives in a small town just a stone’s throw away from a dense forest, called the Whispering Woods. Every afternoon, especially in the fall, when the leaves are changing color and the air is crisp, Muse A likes to walk through the woods on their way home. Muse A sits on the kissing rock at the mouth of the woods, straps up their boots and inhales the fresh pine before embarking on the winding path to the log bridge. As Muse A crosses the log bridge, one foot over the over, they enjoy the soft ‘whispers’ (for which the woods are named after) of the meandering creek below. The whispers always seem louder in October for some reason, almost comprehensible. Townspeople like to say it’s because the woods are haunted by spirits, but Muse A’s never been the superstitious type. They’ve been frequenting the woods since they were a kid and nothing spooky has ever happened to them before.

One afternoon, Muse A encounters Muse B in the thick of the towering pines. Muse B looks lost and disheveled, as if they haven’t had a shower or a proper meal in a few days. Concerned for the unfamiliar wanderer, Muse A offers to guide Muse B out of the woods, back to civilization. Muse B instead asks Muse A to stay with them a while; they want to visit the log bridge, their favorite place. Muse A can see that Muse B is the lonely sort, so they agree to walk to the bridge with Muse B; they were headed there anyway. When the pair arrive at the bridge, Muse B struggles to recall why they found this spot so special, or anything about who they are at all to make conversation with Muse A, but they can’t remember. Muse A insists on helping Muse B leave the woods, worried that Muse B might be suffering from amnesia or something worse, but when Muse A gets to the edge of the woods, Muse B, who they thought was right behind them, is nowhere to be found.

Muse A calls out for Muse B for several minutes and gets no response. The sun is going down and the chill in the air is biting through Muse A’s coat, so they go home. They barely sleep that night, thinking about Muse B and hoping they’re alright, wherever they are. Bright and early the next morning, Muse A returns to the woods, hoping to find Muse B again. Muse B is there at the foot of the log bridge, waiting for Muse A, unsure of how they got there or what’s keeping them bound to these woods. Muse B is a ghost but doesn’t know it.

Last edited:
One paragraph works with me and it doesn’t mind if it’s isn’t that detailed unless it’s not just only a one line we could work with that

Hiya! I'm pretty new here as well, but I loved some of your plots. I can't pm just yet, so figured I'd respond here.

The one I am most interested in is the Braving the Elements plot, but I'm also interested in the Joy Ride. I really liked Beauty and the Boss as well.

I wouldn't mind making a profile, if you were to put yours up first, so I could have something to sort of go off of?

I can also play guys without a problem, so I wouldn't mind if you wanted to be the female.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back