• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Search For a Second Pen

Ulyee

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I’m Ulyee, nice to meet you,

This will be my first post on here, so take it with a grain of salt, check out my about section, and give me a pm if writing sparks start flying.

I’ll toss a bit of myself here, then go onto throw a host of ideas at you, I hope you enjoy

I’m a long form role-player, with a heavy focus on detailed, original characters and their interactions. I tend to play male characters in 1x1, but don't mind playing multiple genders when writing multiple characters. I've got no gender preference on my partner or their characters. 18+ please, I don't feel comfortable elsewise. The rest of your faq answers are in my ‘about’ section on my profile

I expect the typical, decent grammar and spelling, but not perfection. We all have those moments when the brain forces your thoughts out faster than you can write them.

Beyond that, a sensible reply length, and engaging roleplay.​

But most importantly, I want us to explore writing, in whatever way that could mean. Be it diving deep into a harsh character drama or a host of world building. Or even just splashing around in a puddle of clichés and seeing what kind of fun we can have. And I want it to be a leapfrogging sort of relationship- each of us pulling the other twords that next new thing.

Now that you've got half an idea about me, lets toss some half formed ideas out there to see if any of them stick. Of course the usual 'these aren't all of my ideas' and 'please toss any other you'd like at me' apply.

*NEW* Halloween Plots Act now while supplies last!

Demonic Cooking

As ages past and demons turned from reality, to religious, to legend, the art of summoning and capturing demons became all but lost. But a culinary student in the modern day would change history. It was after a delve into some old dusty library that they found a 'demonic cook book'. They thought it was a joke, and continued to do so until their first creation spawned a tiny demonic incursion!

It Came from the Hill

A medieval night's sky would be painted by a single long strand of light, ending its path on a hill. Striking the ground near a lone farmer's house, and unveiling a creature of mythical proportions. They and the farmer strike an unlikely bond, when the human takes pity on the wounded creature. Only to find it tested when a local knight launches an inquisition, looking for just such a creature.

A Winged Age

Through the bloodshed of the Reformation, another evil was born and spread over the world. The earth opened up, 'Terran Scars' forming all over the world, and from the openings came the 'Wings'. Large humanoid creatures, aptly flying, and sparking a number of wars with the lands around. New empires slowly began to form- either from their own making, or as federations against them. Alliances between human and Winged nations did occur, but they were often short lived and one sided. Soon the world was engulfed in a single struggle.

(Too many interesting pairing possibilities, lets figure something out together)

Fantasy

To The Land Goes the Sacrifices

Secluded away from the wider kingdom by a sprawling, tangled mess of a forest, a hamlet is left without option, or reason. The lands around it grow at a rat beyond any can manage, with each new burst of growth followed by horrors of all kinds to inhabit it. It is only slowed in the spring by an unsavory practice, one which haunts the people there near as much as the horrors set upon them by the forest itself. People and their possessions are offered up and sent into the heart of the lands, and in return the land subsides enough to allow them to live. The king demanded they stay put, and continue the lucrative mining and logging in the area, not caring for their plight or heading their stories. The people, with dwindling numbers and no decree to leave their homes by the king, are left to either die or to send one of their own ever dwindling numbers into it. The king, after a meeting with the town elder, finally agreed to send aid. In the form of a handful of nobles and their retinue. They were not expected to find a thing, nor did the king care if they returned. And thus, to the land again goes sacrifices.

Brass and Coal

Admits a harsh medieval war, a lowborn soldier is rashly promoted to the top. Now a knight, they have to somehow operate within a strange new set of rules. The war master, a noble highborn, is set on interfering- but whether its to help or hurt the soldier is hard to say.

Mad Inventions to Mad Lands

In the renaissance more than a few inventions set change upon the world, but even more than technology, stories set the stage. Of new lands and the promises there within. Exploration and innovation- and those that drive such things. One such person, an inventor that has just recently made a name for themself, has garnered a loan from a local king, to set out into the world of the unknown, searching for dozens of different secrets and stories. But, aside from assurances of returning with things and knowledge of value, the king demands one of his children accompany the inventor, to cement his family’s name in history. Thus giving his child not only a spot, but a say, in all things on the journey. An unlikely pair, the two must head one of the most ambitious journeys into the unknown. And somehow return intact.

Sci-fi

Two Sides Find a Third

In the far flung future, a war broke out unto the stars. Old earth governments against the new space based companies, and the war saw no sign of ending. At the far edge of known space, lay a haven for either side, a simple self-sufficient port. They try, on this small repurposed ship, to forget the generation spanning war and ink out a half peaceful life. But the fact that only outlaws and misfits make it this far into space doesn’t help their chances. Barely hanging on without supply lines or help from either side, they have to make deeper and deeper treks back home to forage for basic needs. But a growing sentiment among those on the station is to move it deeper into space, towards a recently discovered planet that seems to support life. Without much choice, after again receiving no help from either side, they set off, knowing they likely won't return to human space again. But what choice do they have?

The City of Rain

Long after man exited their own solar system, a colony sprang up on the first few habitable planets they could find. Most were hard refining colonies, few where anything more than company towns of old. But one, ‘Terra Tetria’ was an oddity. Dubbed ‘The City of Rain’ run by scientific, economic, and cultural interests, serving as a watering hole for all the other far flung colonies. Crime and corruption, as with most things outside of earth’s eye, ran rampant, and the city grew into a sprawling megaplex. Now it stands as a power unto itself, with everyone from scientists to political exiles inhabiting the city. But when crime began to skyrocket, particularly after a raid from some unknown organization within the city, all the powers at be put their ambitions aside, and formed a localized militia force. This new force, comprised of volunteers and conscripts, is now tasked with curtailing the endless crime in the city of rain, by any means necessary.

A Diplomate's Reprieve

After months of negotiations and treaty dealings, a diplomate is on their way from the far flung reaches of the universe back to their home world. The tired dignitary, along with a representative from the other world, are on their way back to finalize negotiations, when an ion storm disrupts their craft, and forces it to land on a nearby uninhabited planet.

Rapid fire, unprocessed pairings

 Fantasy
Cult practitioner- their underpowered first summon
Hermit Witch - court wizard
Upstart merchant - grizzled knight
Desert fighter - young noble
Dress maker - Noble
Cleric - non believing bar owner

Modern
Victorian vampire - lost soldier
Scientist - first alien contact
1930's speakeasy owner - local P.I.
Inhabiting ghost - farmhand

Sci-fi
Pirate captain - captured mechanic
Alien ambassador - earth local
Un'humanoid first contact - deep space explorer
Station mechanic - ship captain
Deep space librarian - Alien student

Historical
Roman senator - advisor
Legionary - captured soldier
Napoleonic officer - American observer
Greek advisor - Roman officer

I hope something there got ahold of the writer in you. If it did, throw a pm at me, no matter what the time there's good chance I'll be half lucid.
Don't worry, I'll be adding more each time I bump the thread.

I hope to talk to you soon, and I can't wait to see what we can make together.

Last edited:
Bump: Added 'Demonic Cooking' And 'A Diplomate's Reprieve', an extra pairing to each category, and fixed some embarrassing grammar mistakes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back