• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Sealed Memories

Flip Jester Boy

Professional Shitposter
11 Years Ago

"Pwease, don't go!" Felix bawled, crying as he clutched onto his first and only friend, Lucy, who was leaving the orphanage with her new parents. It was a bittersweet moment because he was glad she found a loving family, but it meant that he would never see her again, leaving him with the other kids in the orphanage who constantly picked on and were rude to him.

(( @Thalia Raiz you can go ahead and time skip))

((Got it!))

Lucy was in her Language Arts class, just like everyday. She was talking to her friends, since it was before the class had started. It was the first class of the day, Mrs. Fletcher. Mrs. Fletcher was one of the nicer teachers in the school, meaning that literally every student in the school wishes they were lucky enough to get her. She was gossiping with her friends; apparently there was a new student set to arrive at the school today. It had been rumoured that the student was supposed to be in their class, but it wasn't confirmed. Lucy and all her friends were laughing at how awesome it would be if the new student was a cute boy. @Flip Jester Boy

Felix wandered the halls of his new school trying to look for his classroom. Even if the weather was cooling down, it was still fairly warm under his oversized hoodie. His tail was uncomfortable squeezed between his back and his backpack while tucked under his sweater, and he kept his ears as flat as he could under his hood, which was pulled over just enough to cover the top of his eye line. I wonder how I'll be found out this time, he thought to himself, fearful of what this school had to offer. After minutes of searching, he finally found his classroom. Felix quietly scurried in, taking the empty seat next to a girl talking to her friends.

(( @Thalia Raiz you know how to follow threads, right?))

((Yes, I do. I'm sorry to cut the start of this short, but it's almost 3:00 AM where I am, so I'm gonna call it a night... See ya tomorrow!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucy had seen the boy walk into the room. In her opinion he kinda looked like a loner. Her friends whispered to her that he was definitely one of the "Hot Mysterious" type. She just rolled her eyes. They disbanded the group, leaving Lucy leaning against her desk. She sat down, not wanting to be the only one standing. She decided that she should talk to the new guy. She turned to him, smiling. "Hello, I'm Lucy. Welcome to the school." she said, holding her hand out to shake his.

Felix took a glance at the girl sitting next to him, noticing she was offering a hand shake to him. Instead of returning the hand shake, Felix just nodded and brushed the bottom of his nose with the back of his index finger, a habit that he has when he wants to show he's acknowledging someone. Felix then held his arms at his waist as he looked at his feet through the desk.

They definitely got the mysterious part right, but hot? Under that hood she couldn't even tell if he's decent, much less hot. She pulled her arm away; seems he wasn't one for hand shakes. She looked at him; his sweatshirt, his pants, shoes, and then to the little bit of face she could see. The shape of his face and lips were familiar, but she couldn't quite put a finger on it. "So, what's your name?" she asked, trying to at least make conversation with him.

I suppose a name wouldn't hurt much, Felix thought to himself, pondering what would happen before replying in a quiet voice, "...Felix."

"Nice to meet you, Felix. I used to have a friend named Felix when I was younger. Probably long gone with a good family by now though." she replied, frowning at the memories of all the horrible kids bullying her best friend in the world. Why did they have to be so cruel? Because he had cat ears? Honestly, she thought the cat ears had added to his cuteness. She used to have a wee bit of a crush on him, but she never told him because she was scared to admit it.

"Hm," Felix nodded when the bell signalling the start of class. He didn't exactly have the booke he needed, however, so he sat there as he waited for the teacher to arrive. To help calm his nerves, Felix pulled a pen out of his bag and began twirling it in his hand, a skill he developed at his last school.

((Go ahead and play as the teacher.))

((Eh, sure))

After class was over, Felix immediately gathered his things and scurried out of the room. He wandered around outside the school, trying to find a place to hide, eventually finding a nice quiet spot behind the school. He sat up against the wall as he took off his hood, lifting his ears and letting the gentle autumn breeze flow over them as he tried to relax for the first time at this new school of his.

Lucy thought this kid was strange, but he was probably just socially awkward.  She decided that she'll leave him alone for now. She and her friends stood by one of her friend's lockers. They were mostly talking about the usual dumb stuff; everyday things they would just talk about. That's why she liked her friends; she could be herself without a care in the world.

The bell signaling the end of the break period rang. Felix opened his eyes as he got up from his seat and pulled over his hood once again. Gathering his things, he reentered the school, bumping into another student on the way in. An upperclassman who was also a jock, as denoted by the Letterman jacket.

"Hey, watch it!" the jock retorted, shoving Felix away.

"Sorry..." Felix said quietly, his heart racing just slightly. He soon arrived at his next class, half-mindedly sitting through it as he wished for the day to be over. After class, he quickly headed towards his new hiding spot, unknowingly passing by the girl from his first class. It was the lunch period, so Felix had a little more time to calm himself. He removed his hood once again and lifted the back of his hoodie just slightly, letting his tail slink out. It felt nice for him to be able to wiggle around his tail again. Felix then heard his stomach grumble, so he opened up a can of sardines from his backpack and dug in, eating contently.

Lucy saw the kid walking past her. She didn't want him to eat alone. At the same time, maybe he wants to be alone. While she wanted make it so he wasn't alone, she didn't want to end annoying him in the process. She sat down with her friends on the bleachers in the gym.

((Not what I had in mind, but ok))

After lunch, Felix got up to stretch his legs after a little cat nap. He lifted the back of his sweater, slinking his tail back underneath as he put on his hood once more. His last class of the day was math, something he was surprisingly good at. The bell that signaled the end of school rang as everyone gathered their things and exited their classrooms. Felix did likewise, leaving the school grounds as he began to head home. Before returning to his place, he stopped by an empty park that had a hill with a lone tree on top of it. Making sure no one was around, Felix walked towards the tree, putting his stuff down as he sat to lean against it, closing his eyes for another nap.

(I didn't feel like that was the moment when it should be revealed...)

Lucy finished her lunch and left the gym with her friends. She then went to her last class of the day, which went just like everyday. When class finished she went to her locker. She saw the new kid leaving just as her friends had bombarded her. She tried to keep up a good conversation with them as she packed her bag with the books she needed. She finished speaking to them, leaving school and driving to her house. On her way home she say the new kid, so she decided that she would talk to him. She parked her car and walked up to where he napped. She crouched down, hearing his snores and giggling.

Felix grumbled as he heard someone giggling next to him with his acute hearing. "Huh? WHA~?!?!" he exclaimed as he saw Lucy crouching next to him, jumping back, hitting the back of his head against the tree, and groaning as he tried to rub the pain away.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you... Are you okay?" she rubbed his head where he hit it when she felt a pointy lump rubbing against her wrist. She withdrew her hand, confused. "What was that?" she asked. Is it a pair of headphones?  No, it's too flexible to be headphones... She thought.

Felix immediately froze in fear when he felt Lucy's wrist make contact with his ear. A scared look flooded his face as he got back up, clutching his hood to make his ears completely flat on his head. Felix slowly backed away from the girl. "N-nothing..." His heart was racing as he stepped back, tripping over his foot as he fell onto the ground.

"Ugh, I just keep getting you hurt... I'm sorry." she said. There's definitely something wrong here... Something he's trying to hide from me. She thought to herself. She held out her hands so that he could get up. She felt bad for making him get hurt so much. She wondered if his hood would flap open if she pulled him back up. Damnit, now she was really curious about what's under his hood.

Felix groaned as he sat up, rubbing his head as he did. As he ran his fingers over his head, he immediately realized something: he felt his hair, and along with it, his ears. Felix started to hyperventilate as he slowly looked up at the girl, sheer terror in his eyes.

Lucy looked at Felix, seeing his ears. She backed up. "F-felix..." she said. Her face turned red and she began to tear up. She looked at him up and down before running at him and hugging him. She put the hood over his head, covering his ears. "Felix... T-the orphanage... I f-felt so guilty... Leaving you alone like that..." Her her head was in the crook of his neck. She was crying violently, panting.

"W-who are you?" Felix stumbled, pushing the girl away from him. He didn't recall anyone at the orphanage that he was friends with, not even Lucy. "What do you know about me? Nothing." Felix turned to run home, forgetting his bag at the tree. Tears were his eyes. What do you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back