• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Scream Queens RP (College serial killer)

Jasminum

Iconic
So I have an idea for a roleplay that I think would be pretty cool. It's based off of a show that's coming out this October called "Scream Queens". It's made by the people who make American Horror Story. So basically the premise is that there's a bunch of killings happening at this college campus and the victims are all in fraternities and sororities. The serial killer seems to be targeting only these people and have left all the other students alone. I really want to start something like this but I just wanted to check and see how many other people would be interested in something like this. I plan on making it a detailed roleplay so no one-liners please! Also, I do realize that this isn't the most original idea and that's sort of the point. It's meant to mimic and almost poke fun at these Hollywood horror story tropes. Your characters SHOULD be stereotypical yet realistic, while the killer(s) should be the only truly unique character(s) in the role play.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is gonna require quite a few people to represent sororities and fraternities. You can have as many characters as you want as long as you write the character's name above their post each time you switch. The killer(s) will be possibly controlled by me or if someone else is a good enough roleplayer and can prove to me that they are I will consider it. There's a high probability that your character will die so have back up characters!! Understand that your main character could get killed off! But I'm getting ahead of myself. After eight people have expressed their interest I'll create the thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested, Scream Queens looks like it'll be great, and I would love to be a part of a role play based around it.

That's not the problem. I like stories as this, BUT: I'm a sadist. That means that I want to play a killer as well, and I want to play all of my chars (they're five) without having killed any of them.

CountDracula said:
And a pro tip: Most people don't like it when someone kills their chars without asking them...
I'm not just going to force that on someone. People have limits. I need people who will consent to having their character killed. I'm not going to kill someone's character without their permission. I would like this roleplay to have SOME survivors.

CountDracula said:
That's not the problem. I like stories as this, BUT: I'm a sadist. That means that I want to play a killer as well, and I want to play all of my chars (they're five) without having killed any of them.
Honestly, I'm still sort of undecided about playing the killer. It's just I'm nervous about letting someone else do it. If I were to let someone do it I would need a REALLY good roleplayer to play the role and it would have to be a logical reason to why they're killing these innocent kids. Not just cause "they don't like sorority girls". That's why I said I'll play the character BUT if I can find someone who can play the killer WELL I would definitely consider it.

CountDracula said:
I don't have any problem if a minor char of mine is killed, but not my five main chars...
I definitely plan on killing off side-characters and NPCs but I have no plans to kill someone's main character unless they tell me to. These main characters are meant to represent the survivors who've witnessed the carnage. I mean yes of course I want a main character to die just for drama but I'm not going to force someone to take up that role.

How about having multiple killers? They could form some kind of group or so for themselves... btw, I've played Dracula (a serial mass murderer; and we can also make him human), his two sons (one of them being a serial killer), his father and his best friend for quite a long time... I think they'd perfectly fit in that story, but I'd need all of them just for Dracula to work... and I don't understand why we have a character limit at all. Experience showed me that people don't tend to have more characters than they can handle or than they need.

CountDracula said:
How about having multiple killers? They could form some kind of group or so for themselves... btw, I've played Dracula (a serial mass murderer; and we can also make him human), his two sons (one of them being a serial killer), his father and his best friend for quite a long time... I think they'd perfectly fit in that story, but I'd need all of them just for Dracula to work... and I don't understand why we have a character limit at all. Experience showed me that people don't tend to have more characters than they can handle or than they need.
I add a character limit just to keep everything organized. Some roleplayers I know just switch out characters without an explicit warning and I usually have to reread the post a few times to see how the name Billy switched to the name Sue and how 'he' switched to 'she'. If people were to write in their characters name each time they switch I wouldn't really mind. Kinda like what Game of Thrones does each chapter? (If you haven't read it I'm sorry for the confusion!) And as for the killer, I'm not going to be too strict for the character itself as long as they have a valid reason for killing every Greek life student possible. If I let someone else play the killer I'm going to give them a bit of creative control over the character as its no longer mine to control. I have my own ideas for it (which I'm going to keep a secret just in case I do end up playing the killer) but if someone else does end up playing them, they have creative control over the character(s).

Why don't you give as a rule that everyone shall write in their characters name when they switch instead of character limits?

Btw, some authors change places, the time and/or the character(s) very often because they actually want to confuse the reader. In some sort of stories, this is quite a good element. In crime stories, for example, where the reader isn't supposed to know resp. get everything from the beginning.

Well the place and time is going to stay the same (unless someone wants to do a quick flashback in their post, but it has to end it that post as well) but I wouldn't be opposed to no character limit as long as they wrote the character's name they were switching to each post.

CountDracula said:
Hm, on the other hand, that'd destroy the willed effect of confusion that you sometimes need to make a story thrilling...
Well for now there will be no character limit. If enough people want it changed then I'll change it.

Good :)

Btw, I've played my five characters without the name thing for the past two years, and it has always worked like that... it only is confusing if the author actually wants it to be confusing.

Well I still need more than two people besides me to want to do this. It's gonna need more than a few people so we can represent the sororities and fraternities.

I'd love to do this!

Alright! It's a bit too late for me to write out the thread now plus I'm on my phone so I'll do it tomorrow a bit later.

Bump

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't made the thread yet! I've been really tired lately and real life has kept me from it but over the weekend I'll try and finish it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back