• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Scoops! (๐‚๐š๐ญ ๐๐š๐ค๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ | ๐‘๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐“๐• ๐’๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐‘๐) (๐‘๐ž๐ฏ๐š๐ฆ๐ฉ & ๐‘๐ž๐๐ฎ๐ฑ) Accepting new Players!

You can shapeshift into only one of these. What do you pick?

• Total voters

Charles Cheese

Qualified Cheese Consumer
Roleplay Type(s)

Discord necessary as lots of rp chat happens there when we aren't messing around
Art done by me(credit and link if used)
Coding by
Ami
"So college debt got you good, huh?.... Wanna run a bakery, kid?"Welcome to Scoops.breadcros.png
You're a broke ass college student down on their luck when one day you get a call. A billionaire who calls himself "the Mr. Fondue!" enters with precisely that scam sounding line. Either you're naรฏve, desperate, or in need of entertainment, but you sought out the information which eventually lead you here.
You come to New York in promise of a decently sized apartment to stay in and a just above minimum wage pay. Welcomed into reality television hell.

Welcome to the RP idea I can only describe as an unholy concoction of Cake Boss, TLC, Apartment RPs, except the baking, TV producers, and challenges happen alongside a slice of life. Your character is known for their good cooking--maybe they participated in a bakesale, charity, or they even have a social media displaying your skills and that's why they've been nominated. But be warned, there are a couple rules to follow on this set. This is what was written on their apartment wall in a terrible, cheesy font.

Mr. Fondue's To-Dos:
1. You must go by a pastry-related pen name so your family doesn't get doxed on the TV show. Specifically, a personal recipe you're most proud of. This might be Coconut Macaron, Sourdough, etc. Whatever you'd like! Or a pun ;-)
2. We wish to maintain a toxic workplace environment. Gossip and bad talk your co-workers all you want. Gives us more fuel, you know?
3. Put up a show when cameras are on! But it is preferred if your drama is genuine. Audience can tell!
4. Just because you're on a TV Show doesn't mean you can skip out on your job!!!
5. Additional rules may be added... I will send someone to write something new on your wall when that time comes. Don't worry, that isn't unprofessional at all!

Rules
IC + OOC Rules

1. No NSFW. On the discord or here, no exceptions. Along with other standard RPN rules
2. Designed to be extremely casual. People can dip and reenter whenever they want. Posting doesn't have to be frequent either. Just keep in mind the RP will progress.

3. Breaks from this rp are 100% welcome. There'll always be the option to plan and suggest how your character can slip out temporarily or permanently. If you aren't able to post but you want your character to do a certain thing, you can let me know in discord and I'll include your tidbit in my posts. These will be extremely simple, bare bone descriptions to avoid writing your character ooc.
4. Our base story reason for everyone to pop in and out is that because you have a shitty boss, your character will get called into random (but paid) shifts in the bakery or out of the blue chores. When you come back, we'll brief you on what's happened since.bakerybig .png5. If you apply to this interest check, please state your age. I am 21.
6. Lgbtq+ friendly! We're mostly LGBTQ+ ourselves and absolutely encourage LGBTQ+ characters.
7. Please be flexible. We may ask you to change something in your character sheet now or in the future.
8. 18+ only, I swear a lot and I don't want to swear in front of minors. Plus it's nice being an adult and talking with adults.

IC Rules
1. The post requirements are just a paragraph. If you want to go more, that's completely up to you!
2. Dark themes allowed. We do like to keep the possibility of darker backstories for players, but please keep in mind I want 70% of this RP to be light hearted and don't go too far. This rp is designed to be semi escapist.
3. Swearing, smoking, alcohol, and drugs are absolutely fine in this RP. But this won't be Breaking Bad so please avoid having that stuff take the forefront and don't give any advice on illegal activities.
4. Everyone can use Chatgpt for ideas and rough drafts, but no copy pasting chatgpt without at least some alterations. We understand some people are too busy for RP, so we'll be relaxed as long as posts aren't downright alien to your character and fit in the context.
5. No stonewalling. Characters should react, act and interact with others in posts aside from times they may be alone. Please keep those at a minimum, though.
6. Avoid in character violence. Characters are absolutely allowed to engage in juicy arguments and drama, but please ask for the player out of character before you are violent in character.
7. Don't engage in romantic or flirty rp without someone's character without their ooc and ic consent.

OCC Rules
1. When you won't be able to post for 4 days or more, we'll have a discord channel called statuses so you can let everyone know and we can write your character as working a shift!
2. More rules may be added or you may be kicked out if r/rpghorrorstories behavior pops up.

Read this before you apply below
Just state your real life age and what your character's desert pen name would be and I will add you to an application list. Keep in mind you won't be accepted until your character sheet is approved. Everyone has a max of two characters aside from me who will be controlling npcs. You do not have to read the entire rp to join! I do however, require you read these two posts, the rules, an the recap I wrote below. It's recommended that you read the player sheets of those listed in Active Characters as well before you build your character.

TL ; DR Recap of the RP so far:
5 contestants arrived on time at the Bakery, while the others (these will be any new players) have either been caught up in traffic full body cat.pngor got caught up in the TV Host's (Mr. Fondue's) mismanagement and was ordered to fulfill a few chores for him. They will be introduced periodically whenever the player is ready to make their first post and their character will be treated as a surprise contestant. I will help each player weave their character into the plot to fit the current scenario.
The early arrivals were immediately led to a table with a basket of muffins and told to wait. In the meantime, they write down their coffee order on a note left on the table that also asks if they're allergic to cats. They help themselves to muffins and find holographic messages taped to the bottom of each muffin wrapper. One contestant in particular, Gio( 606 606 ), has eaten or stored nearly the rest of the muffins which results in them discovering a black square object at the bottom of the basket labeled โ€œPROPERTY OF MR. FONDUEโ€ which they also take. No other contestants notice.
While the contestants chatted, they are greeted by a trained cat that retrieves their papers and later a semi-rude waitress with a boston accent that gives them incorrect coffee orders. After getting to know each other a bit, they are finally led inside of the bakery by a production assistant where they are immediately faced with cameras. Two of the contestants quit after seeing just how sketchy this whole operation has been, and the director begins counting down.
The show is about to start.

If you are inspired by this rp or setting, please give us credit and a link to this page for any way you might apply it!
Fcs will have to be illustrated and college-age or older looking.

Active Characters
Mr. Fondue / Gingerbread Charles Cheese Charles Cheese
Sweet Roll Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
Gelato 606 606
Macaron IDKnuggets IDKnuggets
CS | RP

Last edited:
Sweet! (pun intended)
What will your characters' pen name be?
Also, even though I know your ages already, please include them so that the others can see ๐Ÿ˜Œ

OOo, love the name Flapjack! Adding now! Will include the discord link in post as well some point later today.

Discord added! Everyone is welcome, although I will sporadically be active there myself. Character sheet either coming out tomorrow or today.

oooh, interested!! is the pen name napoleon too corny?? I'm 21 btw!!

My PC sheet is up! I designed it so it could be an example for how flexible the rules are and what kind of mood I'm going for ๐ŸŒŸEveryone be free to use it as a reference!
Edit: Also, I realized I can't delete the poll so I thought might as well keep it open lol

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! Sorry, some events happened in my life and I was offline a couple days. Still accepting until the 15th of next month!

Huge baking fan and figured why not try and join!

I'll go with....Chantilly

And I just turned 21 earlier this month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back