School

@Skeletonjack

"Yeah, see you then..." And he left towards the dorms. She left for her own room in order to retrieve the valuables and write a quick note, mostly just to reassure her only family member that she was doing well. The rebellion was obviously too risky to write about but she would mention that she made some "friends who were similar to her," a subtle hint at monsterhood. After mailing it out from the mail center, she decided it was time to go to dinner. It had been a long day after all and her belly grumbled loudly.

(It is around dinner time right? If not then mild time skip here.)

Annelise nodded as the pale boy spoke. No injuries from a run-in with Jackal? He must be really fast. "Oh, I don't believe I've told you my name either. I am Annelise Eis," she puffed out her chest proudly as she introduced herself properly. Unlike a lot of the other students, Annelise was a monster who went by her real name. She doubted anyone would figure out who she was just by her name since she used to live in a quite secluded area. Even if she was suspected, she had a human father to vouch for her. When the helicarrier landed, Annelise was surprised that she hadn't vomited once for the whole trip back. Perhaps my stomach is empty, she thought. She heard calls for injured people to go to the infirmary. Annelise looked down at her wound then towards the direction of the infirmary and said "I'm fine. I have bandages in the pocket of my normal clothes. I'll just wrap it up." The wound was still bleeding but her cold hand managed to soothe most of the pain. The ice nymph turned to face Leo and said, "I must now go and change. This uniform is uncomfortable."

@PugLife

In the toilet stall, Annelise stripped down to her underclothes and wrapped a thick bandage around her ribcage, wincing as she tightened it. After that, she pulled her elegant, light clothes back on. Walking back outside, she realised that she had nothing to do. The ice nymph thought she remembered someone saying that there were to be no more lessons on days when they did challenges like these. The girl stood awkwardly for about 5 minutes before beginning to walk around aimlessly.

Ashel quickly got changed and wondered where drea was. He walked up the stairs to Rachel's room. He knocked loudly on the door. "Hey can I come in or are you two doing it!"

drea facepalmed as his face turned red. "No you dolt shut up and get in here!" He sighed "sometimes I just don't know about that prince.... whelp better now than anytime."

@AgWordSmith

(Yeah it's around dinner time @Nyctophiliac)

Last edited by a moderator:
As it was dinner time Ater stopped wandering and went to her dorm to eat. After pileing absurd amounts of food on her plate she looked around for somewhere to sit. There she saw Vasilily eat dinner. Ater sat down across from her and began dating in her natural yet unnatural way. While eating she spoke, not as if she had food in her mouth but as though her mouth was empty, despite it being filled with food she was eating. "Hello again, you still owe me that meal." Ater cut straight to the point.

@Nyctophiliac

At the initial knock Rachel jumped a bit and sat up, the abrupt noise startling her. When it was Ashel's voice she relaxed but then his statement made her blush, even the tips of her ears turning red. "If he ever gets a girl let's return the favor." A deep breath helped reduce her blushing. She went to unlock the door. "At least you had the sense to knock."  Rachel remembered a few times where Drea forgot that a door was a thing. How many time she had to rewrite the word, how many doors she had lost.  Too many. 

@Skeletonjack

As it was dinner time Ater stopped wandering and went to her dorm to eat. After pileing absurd amounts of food on her plate she looked around for somewhere to sit. There she saw Vasilily eat dinner. Ater sat down across from her and began dating in her natural yet unnatural way. While eating she spoke, not as if she had food in her mouth but as though her mouth was empty, despite it being filled with food she was eating. "Hello again, you still owe me that meal." Ater cut straight to the point.

@Nyctophiliac

The elf was a bit surprised that her partner had come to sit down across from her in the cafeteria. On her plate was a salad with tomatoes, almonds and olive oil along with some seasoned rice. It was a simple meal, and the taste was more or less what she was used to. Glancing at Ater's plate it seemed obvious that she wasn't a human girl. What kind of human could pack away so much food and still look relatively fit? Curiously her voice was unaltered despite it looking like it was full of food. She tucked this little bit of information away. Perhaps the vocal cords of oozes were located in other areas? She hadn't met many before, and she certainly didn't know much about them. Her little education involved her grandmama pointing out to her the various classes of monsters and teaching her basic magic. And cooking and making jewelry if those counted. 

As Ater brought up the debt, Vasilily smiled inside. Of course, she was merely calling back a debt. Not like she was suddenly showing signs of friendship or anything. She wondered if oozes had sentiments of kinship, friendship or loyalty, or if they were just killer shapeshifters with an endless appetite. None of this she said out loud but instead answered "If you want we can go out on a weekend when there aren't any missions or assignments."

"Hey it's not my fa- ...uhh you know what nevermind...." he put his head down as he remembered all the times he pissed off a demon or a werewolf that decided they were going to try and chew his head off. That later usually let to him ripping a door off its hinges with his strength. "I don't mean to do it at least...."

ashel smiled and laughed when he saw the residual blush on both of their faces. After the door closed both drea and Ashel took more natural forms having to take off their shirts to keep their wings from ripping them. "Ahhh so much better...." they said in unison. Ashel relaxed on the couch as drea laid down feathery red wings open to comfort Rachel like a big fuzzy red blanket. Ashel seemed more muscular than drea by a lot but where as drea is naturally strong ashel's strength comes from all the chemical engagements from the Hyde experiment program.

@AgWordSmith

Breeshey looked at the peice of paper in her pocket " Room 210 near world history " She said before starting to walk off to meet up with Quinn and jeff usong her sythe as a makeshift crutch or support for her knee, which she was pretty sure was sprained or torn the legiment . She smiled to herself as she got off and made her way over to Quinn " Sup Quinn! " She yelled as she made her way through the students.

@PugLife @AgWordSmith

Mark took the paper and waved goodbye as she ran off. He knew one person who would be very interested in photography. He flew over Rachel's room, knowing he had a good human excuse to do so. swinging the door open as her formed his violin back into a tattoo. His eyes laid on the scene before him. His sister was curled up next to a shirtless heathen and another half naked dragon boy spread himself out on the loveseat. Mark quickly closed the door behind him, keeping his hands behind his back. He smirked, "Rachel you getting a harem of Dragon guys now? I mean come one you already have that insufferable one," Mark resisted the urge to separate the two, "Can't I get the hot guy on the couch?" He winked at Ashel, sitting in mid air, back against the door. Knowing Drea is going to come after him Mark summoned his violin behind his back.

@Skeletonjack

Drea started to get up but before he could even sit up ashel was standing and shoving him back "Rok los dii" (he's mine) ashel said using his native tongue. A dark black arura burst from him like he was being consumed in black flame with one wave of his hand mark saw his absolute worst fears brought to life before his eyes. A nightmare so devastating it would bring any normal man to his knees. Ashel only left the powerful spell on long enough to where he could slowly walk over and pick mark up by the throat. He released the spell to have mark staring in his eyes. "Tinvaak wah zey med tol ontzos ahrk Zu'u fen luv hin zul bexaat tir" (Talk to me like that again and I will tear your voice box out) he growled low and dropped mark to the ground to let him catch his breath "Zu'u los ni taking naan draaf dahsul" (I am not taking any shit today) with that he promptly laid back across the couch.

Drea sat there with a smile and his mouth agape at the devistating blow ashel just landed on mark. "You need to teach me that one...." he was amazed at that and was hoping his shade side could do a similar move. He turned to Rachel. "Umm I think I owe you ten bucks...."

@AgWordSmith

Mark felll on his side, propping himself up slowly and grabbing his violin that had fell. His hair covered the grim look of death upon his face as he played a single note soft note, Singing so softly Mark himself was unable to hear the words. It was enough to cause him to disappear from the room to Gods know where. What he saw, weren't only nightmares but also a memory that had resurfaced from the year he could not remember. Somethig he really wished magic could help him re- forget. If that was only one memory, what were the others like?

Rachel saw Mark drop to the ground then dissolve into the air. Dismissing Drea she ran over to the window, opening it quickly, yelling Mark's name. "MAAARRKKK!!" She shot the dragon boys a glare that would shatter the earth back into separate continents. "He's an ass sometimes but he's still my brother and the last time I saw him do something like that-" her voice hitched, the anger fizzling out.. "The last time was supposed to be the only time." She opened the window all the way and started to climb out of it, her only concern was her brother at the moment. Who knows what he could be doing to himself after that. He was always self destructive, only when Mark learned to control his magic did it stop, until the separation caused a relapse, one that was rectified imediatly when the twins reunited. But he had been gone for a year and Rachel could feel the fear and hopelessness in Mark when Ashel attacked him with that darkness. 

@Skeletonjack

"I ain't apologizing for jack shit" with that ashel stood up and shadow teleported back to his own dorm. 

Drea groaned at the insufferable dick move ashel just pulled. He quickly grabbed her arm "Look he couldn't of gone far. And since we can't use a tracking spell you're going to have to not pull a me and get yourself knocked out now come on I'll help you look for him. We can check Leo's room first. Maybe he went there for consolation...." he hefted Rachel back in the second floor window and ushered her out the door instead "we'll find him trust me."

@AgWordSmith

She wouldn't let him open the door in the first place. "You need shift back into human form and put on a shirt on first, Idiot." Her tone was to snappy and annoyed.  Rachel burried face into her hands, "Sorry, I'm just worried, he doesn't deal with things like that in any sort of normal way." She made a mental note to get back at Ashel for this later, after they found Mark.

@Skeletonjack 

He shifted back sadly and threw his shirt back on. He looked like a hurt puppy but still he was pushing on to help her. "It's...it's going to be ok...we'll find him I promise...I mean he would leave you. So he can't be far.... he looked up just to make sure mark wasn't on a rooftop or bridge of some sorts. He carefully walked Rachel to Leo's dorm room after checking the list to find where that was. "Hey mark, Leo, anyone in there!" 

@AgWordSmith @PugLife

She held onto Drea's hand as they walked. "I don't know if he'd be here honestly. But I guess it's worth a shot." Continuing that honesty she didn't really know where Mark's own room was either. The pit of her stomach grew while they waiting for Jeff to answer. "Leo could be out...." 

@Skeletonjack @PugLife

"Yeah that's why I was waiting to see if anyon was paying attention before doing this" he waved a hand over the lock and it clicked noting that it had unlocked. Drea pulled open the door and looked inside for mark.

@AgWordSmith

Jeff smiled. "It's a nice name you've got there, Annelise." He took note of how proud she was of her name. Maybe one of her parents were well-known. But he hasn't heard the last name Eis before. When she replied that she was fine, he felt relieved. "That's good. I certainly don't enjoy seeing others in pain." As she left, he bid her farewell before noticing Kira outside. They walked a short ways away from the helicarrier before she spoke. "We're getting a lot of new friends today!" Jeff couldn't help but agree. "It would seem to be that way." Suddenly, Breeshey had appeared using her scythe as a crutch of some sorts. "Hi, Charlie! You seem hurt. Was it the running? Or maybe you tripped and fell?" Jeff butted in. "Either way, I think that the nurse should check that out. Might get worse." Then he realized that he had to tell them about Mr. Dirge. "I just remembered that we have to go to Mr. Dirge's study club at 6 today. It's important." It was quite obvious what he was talking about. Some distance away, he could hear the faint call of his partner's voice, and it seemed urgent. "We should probably go on over there."

@Lefic@Fray Dracoheart

Liz waited for more students to clear out before speaking with Jackal. "You know well enough that I am to report to you, especially at an event on this grand of a scale." She seemed very impatient. This is what always caused her annoyance. "Anyway, I don't have any solid proof, but there was take about monster such as dragons and demons coming from behind you. We'll need to watch them

more closely."

@Skeletonjack

"I've got it taken care of. I'm going to be watching Mr.Dirge's study group and the photography club this year they seem to be where a majority of the students come if a monster were to make a move it would be there. I'll report to the councilman if I hear or see anything else...now go find yourself a chew toy or something...." he waved his hand dismissively and walked off to the study group.

@PugLife

Mark would not be found on Jeff's room. Instead the mage was some where alone, drifting against salty waves. The water drained his body heat, but he continued to float. Thinking too much. 

Rachel cautiously followed, feeling uneasy about sneaking into some a mostly a. stranger's room. "Do you see him anywhere?" She didn't want to be here longer than they have too. Incase Jeff showed up.

@Skeletonjack @PugLife

"No he's not here...." drea sighed and tugged on his hair as they left Leo's room. "Let's find out where your brother's room is and check there...." he sighed mark you little child get your ass out here wherever you are...please...your sister needs you.... he thought to the vast empty reaches of his thoughts screaming for anyone to answer his plea and bring mark back.

@AgWordSmith

She nodded absentmindedly. "Yeah maybe he went there..." They wnentto the registry and found his room number, eventually they found the right door. "Let's hope this search won't go on for too long." Her hand knocked four times against the door. 

In the distance Mark could hear something, but he had gone under the water. Ignoring everything else  he tried to drown out his thoughts. Water always helped. It always feels like home. 

@Skeletonjack

Drea unlocked the door like he had done before and opened it when he did he shoved rachel in and shut the door quickly behind them. He looked at mark in the all too familiar safe room bubble. He looked up at the sky and silently thanked the gods that mark was there. "Found him.... is it safe to yank him out and throttle him for scaring us or should I leave him in there?"

@AgWordSmith

Rachel spin a bit as she was thrown into Mark's room. She wrote a few words and activated them, allowing her to breath in the water. Walking into the floating bubble of water Mark was in, it barely fit in the room, she gently moved him to be right side up and hugged him, running his back like she does when ever her hermano was in need of comfort.  She walked him out of the bubble and sat him down on the bed, neither sibling caring about being soaking wet. They stayed in mutual silence for a bit. "Raquel....lo siento" (Rachel I'm sorry) 

"¿Quieres hablar de ello?" (Do you want to talk about it?) 

Mark shook his head, Rachel nodded in understanding. She rubbed his back agian, humming an old song from their childhood.  

"I'm fine now. Really." He got up and used his magic to get rid of the bubble and dry himself and his sister. He gave her a hug. "Thank you." 

Rachel hugged back "Don't run off like that again ok?" Mark nodded.

"Sorry, I can't... t

describe what happened.... I just needed-"

"I understand wanting to run to a place of solitude and safety but please. Just don't scare tu hermana like that again."  He nodded agian.

@Skeletonjack

Drea blinked at all the Spanish trying to comprehend it all. "Why is Spanish so hard for me to understand?" He mumbled to himself out of earshot he sat down in front of the door and waited silently for the siblings to talk it out. He felt like he was intruding and honestly felt like he shouldn't be there. Maybe what mark kept saying was getting to him but he really did feel like Rachel was too good for him...like...nothing he could do would make up for the fact that he was an abomination and deserved death for his atrocities during the war. He separated so many families, destroyed so many towns, but not once did he tell anyone he remembered. It was his cross to bear and he meant to bear it alone. He sighed and looked up at them. Family love...something he'd probably never have...although he'd try his best it just didn't seem like he deserved it...like fate was out to get him for all the evil deeds he'd committed or the evil deed he represented by existing. "I'll uh I'll leave you two be...ill be in my room if you need me babe...." he opened the door and left leaving the twins to reconcile with each other. When he got to his room the first thing he did was punch ashel in the face. "That was for the dick move you just pulled there." 

"Yup I deserve that.... don't tell me you wouldn't of done it too though if you knew how." He wiped the blood from his lip and sat on the edge of his bed opposite from drea.

"yeah ok but still dick move.... hey...did you use to have a cousin...air dragon...disappeared during the war?" He said looking at his hands letting himself slip into his shade form. His black hair grew draping down to his shoulders and covering his eyes.

"yeah but why are you asking?" 

"I found out he was captured and used in the fusion project that created me...." drea felt like dirt telling that to ashel. He sighed as black markings crawled their way up his arms and neck ending the shift to shade. 

Ashel sighed "I figured something like that happened he was captured the same day as me and Adrian...he was babysitting us.... aero vector was his name in case you were wondering.... it's not the same but from here on out consider yourself part of the family.... aero would be proud to be represented by you...." it looked like it was a bit much for ashel "I'm gonna head to the meeting early I'll meet you there...."

and there drea sat in silence waiting for Rachel to come knocking on his door. He knew she'd be mad at him for leaving. He looked at the small suprise he had for her. He debated on weither or not he should give it to her now. He held it in his hands before opening the lid and putting it back away in his hoodie pocket.

@AgWordSmith

Rachel saw Drea leave the room, she was about to call for him to come back but Mark had let out a deep sigh, "Finally."  Her disapproving stare was held back as her brother let tears roll silently down his face. She put her arms protectively around his shoulders. 

"Hey, hey. You're ok." But her comforting words were drowned out as Mark began to explain in Spanish what had happened when Ashel attacked him. What he saw and the memory that had resurfaced. Rachel stayed with him, listening and giving him comforting words until she was a hundred percent certain that her brother was going to be ok on his own again. After a long while Mark stayed sitting on the edge of his bed as Rachel stood to leave, but not before summoning a phone for him, "Keep this one this time, and don't gamble it away."  

Mark nodded with a smile creeping up his face.  How many times he's destroyed or lost these things was too many to count. "I'll do my best. " He stood and gave Rachel one last hug, thanking her for being the good twin. She rollled her eyes but smiled, telling him that everything would be ok and that Ashel's would get his. He made her promise that.  Letting Rachel go and find Drea Mark sat on the bed agian, Rachel always knew what to say didn't she? He smirked to himself. 

Rachel slowly closed the door behind her, waniting  to stay but He can hold his own, she had to trust that.  Going over to Drea's dorm first to find him she thought about what her brother told her about the memory. He remembered being strapped down and injected repeatedly with a glowing substance, something that cause ed so much unbelievable pain that Mark must've passed out, because that was it. A small fragment but it had caused him so much distress. She sighed, worry still lingering in her bones while knocking on Drea's and Ashel's door. 

@Skeletonjack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back