TV & Film Scenes that broke you

I have a few.

When I was younger, Uncle Ben’s death from the original Spiderman with Tobey Maguire had me crying.

The ending of Carl and Ellie’s life montage from Disney’s Up leaves me emotional every time.

Honkai Impact’s Chapter 9 - if you know, you know.

The ending of To The Moon.

Already said, but Valiant Hearts' ending was absolutely brutal.
Another few that always hit close to home for me is the 'victory timer' in DEFCON ( I count it as a scene because it's guaranteed to happen ), the finale to the game WARSAW and the "by the manual speech" Edwards gives in Battlefield 1's campaign.

The ending sequence of the dog episode in Futurama. Same with "Luck of the Fryrish." Honestly, that show loved to sprinkle in really sad episodes between the comedy.

There's been many. Most recent example I can think of are various scenes in the K-drama Crash Landing on You.

The reveal of Haruhi’s phobia of storms (known as both astraphobia and brontophobia; not astrophobia) in episode 8 of OHSHC. I’m extremely astraphobic myself, and when I discovered that, I can’t describe the absolute glee and wonder of discovering a character who had the same fear as I do. (And I was delighted to know that this isn’t just a one-time thing, either; her fear is reoccurring!)

Recently, the end of Minari. I cried for hours and called my gran after the movie ended.

first thing to come to mind was the last ~ 20/30 mins of "train to busan." GOD i was devastated

Im still not over Ali Abdul's death to be honest

War of tomorrow in several parts.

In the support group, where they talk about the sounds they would make. It was such an accurate depiction of dealing with PTSD, it hit hard.​
Every single moment between Dan and his adult daughter.​
But the one that gets me ugly crying is Dan trying to save his daughter on that bridge, and the moment they both know it's over. Then snapping back to the other side and just trying to process it all. It's probably just me though. I almost lost my daughter to heart failure. I cannot express the feelings that flood your system when you know your only child is likely going to die and nothing you can do or say, or bargain with can stop it. Important note, my kid made it and is a happy healthy 8-year-old. But dang that scene in that movie hits the feels HARD.​

One movie that has stuck with me even though I watched it once seven years ago. I was ten. Saving Private Ryan.
No matter what I do, the Normandy storming scene always make me cry, even just thinking of it. The horror of war was captured so excellently in that one scene. But really, the whole movie is like that. Horrific. The scene where the medic is scared to die, the one where the German slowly drives the knife into the people who were kind enough to let him go, the scene where that same man was killed by the one who had advocated for him. If you haven't seen it and you think it might be interesting, get a tissue box. or thirty. You'll need them for how many tears will be streaming down your face

Since it's an old movie I won't bother with spoiler tags, but there's a scene in Mr. Holland's Opus where one of his students is drafted into Vietnam and comes home in a casket - the funeral scene kills me every time.

Literally any movie/TV show where the dad dies gets me (as long as the dad is a good guy/has a good relationship with his kid(s) as well). Too close to home I guess. Recently watched POTC and Elizabeth screaming for her father to take the line and join them on the ship made me break down. Maybe I'm just fragile recently though lol.

I recently watched Everything, Everywhere, All at once and it completely devastated me in the best possible way, I still can't watch it without crying
The part where Michelle Yeoh says "I will always want to be here with you"?!?!?! Even typing this it still makes me well up, It's such a beautiful movie

Ace’s death hit hard I knew it was coming it hurts.

Sabo taking the flare flare fruit meaning he took on Ace’s will. I just bawled.

I cannot watch Nestor the Long Eared Christmas Donkey without crying. I can't recall any other film or show that has that affect on me.

And it's that time of year again! Oh no!

bit of an oldie, but i remember watching the sonic x cartoon when i was a kid and being utterly annihilated by the following scene in season 3

Cosmo transforming to trap Dark Oak and fuse with him, and Tails being forced to shoot through her to kill him with the only alternative being everyone dies anyway. It was heart-wrenching enough in english (Tails is an 8 year old, mind you, having to be the one pulling the trigger to kill one of his best friends crying and pleading with her through the whole thing) but in the original Japanese it knocked the wind out of me. Tails screaming and sobbing at Sonic's feet saying he believed he'd save her somehow... my god. His japanese VA deserves an oscar, my organs were tying into pretzel knots when I heard it the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back