• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Sburb: The Oni Universe

Kumacorn

Past the events of Homestuck, there are other universes. This one tells of the story of a race of Oni. Humanoid in appearance, their skin is quite colorful and can be any color of the rainbow, their blood matching it. The Oni are tougher than most, able to take more punishment, yet they require copious amounts of sugar to function well. Their society, though defined by their color, is not built on class built on a hemospectrum like the trolls. Everyone has an equal chance of being high class. Most, if not all Oni, have one or two stubby horns which can grow anywhere on their head from the forehead level and higher. Their planet is large, larger than most. A true super planet. This has led to much isolation or small towns spread across the land. But there are cities, mostly populated by the richer and high class Oni.

Each oni color has certain traits however, explained below.

Red- These oni are a bit more emotional than the rest. The most obvious example is when they go berserk. Though all oni can go berserk when deprived of sugar, red oni have the most adverse reactions and have been known to kill rather than just fizzle out after letting the withdrawal run its course. Not all of them are like that though as many red oni are passionate souls who are simply more in touch with how they feel.

Orange- Orange oni seem to place value on material things more than others, but this doesn't mean they put a price tag on everything nor that they are greedy. Some believe in the value of creation, making something real and tangible having more meaning than words or feelings. Many orange oni are artists, builders, shapers, and all sorts of jobs that include creating amazing things. Orange Oni are the first others come to when they want something made right

Yellow- The most nervous ones of the bunch, yellow oni tend to over think things. They are quite intelligent, having more brain activity than the rest. However, ignorance would be bliss in their case. One thing that can be said is that when they think of something, you'd find it next to impossible to find something they missed. Planning is a strong suit of their's and they work well with helping orange oni.

Green- These oni are the most down to earth. They keep their focus on the real world rather than letting dreams or flights of fancy govern their lives. You'd be hard pressed to find a green oni that follow a religion, but quite a few do attempt to follow philosophies. There are a lot of green oni in politics, due to their tendency to seperate political views from religious ones.

Blue- The most spiritual oni and more likely to isolate themselves from others. This by no means makes blue oni anti-social, they are quite friendly and welcoming to others. They however prefer to live alone to have quiet and think upon their beliefs. Advise comes naturally to the blue oni and matters of the heart are important to them.They'll put others in front of their own interests typically, mainly martyr types in varying degrees.

Black- These oni are the strongest of the strong, performing amazing strength built feats. Some say oni are built tough just so they could handle the birth of a black oni. With a long history of warriors and fighting, its no wonder most police or soldiers are black oni. Of course, they are also useful in other strength necessary tasks like construction.

White- Tranquil is a word that describes most white oni, though empty or depressed are other terms. All white oni are quite in control of their emotions and are quite possibly the opposite of red oni. The most socially awkward, they tend to be quite isolated from others or keep to themselves in society.

Mutated- There are rare cases where there are oni with different blood and skin colors, even patches of varied skin colors. The condition is so rare that there is just one oni currently living with this mutation. (A character I shall play.)

I'd like to see if there is any interest in this before I start. I honestly would like 4-6 characters, either each player playing two characters or having six people play. If you have questions, feel free to ask!

I saw the word "Sburb".

Then had a heart attack.

THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!!!! :D

I'm actually watching Homestuck videos as we speak. xD

[QUOTE="DJ Elfin]I saw the word "Sburb".
Then had a heart attack.

THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!!!! :D

I'm actually watching Homestuck videos as we speak. xD

[/QUOTE]
I'm reading it right now. I'm on act five.

Alright! I think I clearly have a lot of interest in this. So I will be making a character bio template which I will post here. The first five maximum who put up acceptable bios will be part of the roleplay! So keep watching for it!

Name: (Stray away from human names! This is a different universe after all!)

Gender: (This refers to biological gender, however, you can also involve what gender your character portrays themselves as and/or feels like they are.)

Skin/Blood Color: (The skin and blood will match BUT the shade of the color of each can vary. No multiple colors! Remember, there is only one like that and I play it!)

Appearance: (Height, size, general appearance, etc. Keep it humanoid, kinda how like the trolls are humanish in appearance, include the oni features like skin color and those stubby horns! Detail is appreciated!)

Classpect: (Your class and aspect! This is on a first come, first serve basis! However, the class of Bard and the aspect of Time are off limits!)

Weaponkind: (What is your character's weapon type? From the practical bladekind to the silly fncysntakind, all is possible! However, try to stay within the realm of posibility. For example, you cannot use memekind. If you have questions, just send a message and I will answer!)

Personality: (I'd like a decent description of your character's personality here obviously! I'd say 5-7 complete sentences at least. Don't be afraid to be even more detailed! I love a well thought out character!)

IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE TO ADD TO THE BIO, JUST ADD IT! BE CREATIVE! THIS IS JUST THE MINIMUM OF WHAT I WANT IN YOUR BIO! I TRULY JUST WANT YOU ALL TO MAKE WELL THOUGHT OF CHARACTERS!

Name: Jamazon Laison (This is the sort of name I create in my spare time people! xD )

Skin/Blood: Blue

Appearance: Jamazon is a well built, but still elegant individual. His black hair, which is shoulder length, is tied in a low pony-tail most of the time with his bangs sometimes falling over his eyes. His skin is a lighter, more pale blue, almost slightly icy. His teeth are slightly pointed for whatever reason. His horns reside on his forehead, sometimes covered by his bangs. He's six feet and two inches tall, being rather large and slightly intimidating looking for his age. He has thick reading glasses that some suspect are fake.

Classpect: Class: Muse Aspect: Mind

Weaponkind: Bladekind

Personality: Jamazon is quiet and easily irritable. He's a fan of the arts and most mediums where he gets to be creative and inspire others. He can be cold towards others at times, shutting Oni's out for seemingly no reason. Having award feelings towards women, he prefers to speak and have relationships with other men. Ask him why and he'll likely ignore you for the rest of your life.

(I hope that's acceptable! ^^")

Alright Dj, your profile is mostly good. However, I have to not allow you to use the Muse class. Other than the fact that its only used in a two player session, the Muse is a highly passive class. Your character does not seem like the passive sort. I have a few links that may help you choose.

http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Class This explains classes and such. Better info than I could give.

http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Aspect Just in case you wanna change your aspect to fit better with your class.

Thank you for your input. I'm still sorta new to the whole class-system! ^^"

I guess I'll pick the Seer class then, if that's alright. ^^

DJ: Alright then, that is fine.

Wolf: As I have said before, this is first come first serve. So if you make a Knight of Space character first and I accept your bio, its your's.

Name

Spiorad Ranjasaan

Male

Blood:

This shade of blue

Appearance:

Spiorad stands at just shy of six feet tall and is on the bulky side. His muscles are present but not completely defined. His imposing figure is offset by his face however. He has a warm smile usually and his features are friendly with dark green eyes that seem to take in everything around him. He has thick and wavy hair that is overlong(falling to his shoulders) and uncontrollable (he calls it the comb eater) he usually favors light, loose clothing in earth tones that compliment his deep blue skin.

Class & Aspect

Knight of Space

Strife specibus

ChackramKind

Personality:

Spiorad at his core is a nice person. He cares about his friends deeply and is always willing to help them, he is very enlightened and loves being a guide to others. After that it gets confusing. While he is very caring, he is pragmatic, logical and a brilliant annalyst. He prefers brief and succinct conversations that get to the point quickly. However this did not win him friends. So he donned a persona, around others he is loud and dramatic and makes verbose and grandiose statements (Even lapsing into iambic pentameter in the tradition of the old bard). His dramatic persona is fun and endears him to people, much to his delight. That said, he is not afraid to be a little manipulative with the people he ccares about but only when its (in his opinion ) for their own good.

Wolf is accepted. Three more spots remain!

If I don't have more bios in two days from now, I will close submission and start the roleplay.

I hope this is alright!

Name: Larista Hasmart

Skin/Blood Color: Red

Appearance: Larista is a stout woman, only 5' 6", but very well built and athletic. Her black hair is tied tightly to behind her head in a pony tail. When her hair is untied, it reaches down to her back. Her skin is a dark, maroon red, and her nubby horns, though still nubby, do come to a smooth point. Typically, she enjoys wearing long skirts flowing down her ankles and loose dark colored sleeveless shirts, showing off her muscular, defined arms. Larista also wears heavy, thick boots that reach to near her knees. Her face is round, with average, thick lips, and a soft nose. Her eyes are as lighter shade of red, pink, with stark black pupils.

Classpect: Witch of Heart

Weaponkind: Axekind

Personality: Larista is an emotional person with a mean streak. She tends to be rather violent in her mad bursts of anger, and has a naturally loud voice. It isn't like she hates people, but her short temper and her unstable temperament tends to give the expression that she needs to be left alone. Truth is, Larista genuinely enjoys learning about and talking to other people, especially those who she consider friends, and dislikes being isolated. In her better moods, she's is extremely sociable and friendly towards one another. The way she acts completely depends on how she's feeling, and she finds it hard to hide them. In turn, she also finds it hard to lie, and tends to be unintentionally brutally honest. Larista is even occasionally flirty to other people, especially towards women, though her feelings are rarely too romantically serious. Larista also tends to swear a bit as well, with speech as formal as a rat dressed up in intestines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your character is accepted budgieboo! Also that is all I shall accept. Once I post my own character tomorrow, I shall also start the roleplay. If you have questions, all should be asking them now.

Name: J'nese

Skin/Blood Color: Mutant, patches of color like small splashes of paint all over her body. The blood is actually purple, regular shade.

Appearance: Quite tall and lanky, she stands at over six feet tall. Her hair is neck length and is often dyed whatever color J'nese feels like dying it. Her horn is a short fat cone shape in the direct center of her scalp, the tip visible just past her hair. When it comes to clothes, she tends to wear jumpsuits with hand drawn designs over them, though they always wash off in water so she has to redraw them afterwards with her amatuar art skills. Though she does wear loafers when out with shoes, J'nese tends to go without shoes when possible. She likes the feel of grass, dirt, and mud between her toes.

Classpect: Bard of Time

Weaponkind: Gagkind- All weapons of this specibus are based on jokes, clowns, and age old gags! Not the most popular specibus to use.

Personality: J'nese is a total attention grabber and her mutant status actually feeds that vice very well. Everyone wants to see her, to talk to the most unique oni on the planet. Jnese is quite the popular oni because of this and she simply hates losing any of her friends. To keep everyone laughing, she likes to play practical jokes. There isn't a single one of her friends who can claim they haven't been pranked by J'nese at least once. To be honest, her friends are the most important thing to her. J'nese will move entire mountains just to help a friend. She allegedly has a pet goat, but he is never around. To be honest, J'nese describes her goat friend as "A complete and utter ass you just wanna hug, but keep your metal cans away from."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back