• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Save the Prince(ss)! ~ An Interest Check

DawnsEarlyLight

Long ago, in the days when swords and sorcery reigned in the known world, one man's greed and jealousy threatened to undermine the kingdoms of Avalon and Tesorra. Once upon a time, a respected advisor to the King of Avalon became strongly attracted to his king's daughter as the young princess became eligible for the throne. The advisor's affections, however, were not returned, because although the princess regarded him as a close friend, she simply did not love him beyond that extent. In reality, the princess' heart lay with the Prince of Tesorra, who was likewise in love with the Princess of Avalon.

Undeterred, the advisor appealed directly to his king, to betroth the princess to him, only to face disappointment when his king declined the request. The king was not blind to his daughter's true feelings, nor did he overlook the opportunity to forge an unstoppable alliance between Avalon and Tesorra. In light of this combination, the Avalonian king concluded that the only sensible thing to do would be to betroth his daughter to the Tesorran prince instead. News of this arrangement was quick to reach the envious advisor, whose outrage at the decision would permanently shatter his loyalty to the royal court of Avalon.

One month after the betrothal was announced, an assassin snuck into the royal palace of Tesorra and fired his crossbow at the prince during a masquerade ball. Thankfully, the shot failed to hit its mark and the would-be murderer was quickly arrested, but the coward quickly revealed the name of his employer in exchange for leniency. It was thus discovered that the wicked advisor had hired the assassin, and as punishment the advisor was banished from both Avalon and Tesorra on pain of death, never to be seen or heard from for some time afterward.

But the treacherous advisor's rage would only grow worse during his exile, during which time he delved into the black arts and secretly gathered a steady number of followers - later known as the Silver Hands - whom he led to believe that he was himself a deity in mortal form. Convincing the Silver Hands that the princess was chosen by fate to be his mortal bride, the advisor easily persuaded them to invade Avalon just as the princess' wedding was due to take place. There they ransacked and fought their way through all in their path, before finally kidnapping the young couple and taking them away to parts unknown.

Since then, Avalon and Tesorra have both banded together against the Silver Hands in their search for their two young heirs. The Silver Hands, however, have all but vanished since the kidnapping, and some say that they are merely biding their time in preparation for an even bigger strike against both countries. Whatever the case, the royal families of both countries are now recruiting would-be heroes of all sorts to rescue their two heirs and put an end to the threat of the Silver Hands once and for all.

Not all roles listed below are strictly required, but are included for reference/inspiration. STRIKETHROUGH means that the position is filled.

Villainous Advisor
Silver Hands members
Other Villains

Princess of Avalon - reserved for animegirl20 animegirl20
Prince of Tesorra - reserved for Shadow Monarch Shadow Monarch

Other Avalonian Royals
Other Tesorran Royals

Recruited Hero(es) not included in the above
Other Hero(es) not included in the above

Name:
Place of Origin:
Social Status:
Class:
(If Applicable)
Class Specialty: (Optional. For example, Illusion Spells for a Sorcerer class.)
Weapon(s): (If Applicable)
Non-Combat Talents: (If Applicable)
Appearance:
Personality:
Brief History:
Family:
(If Applicable)
Friends: (If Applicable)
Rivals: (If Applicable)
Enemies: (If Applicable)
Romantic Interests: (If Applicable)
Other Notes: (If Applicable)

The Kingdom of Avalon will be loosely based on Medieval UK (England, Scotland, Ireland, & Wales) and Medieval France.

The Kingdom of Tesorra will be loosely based on Medieval/Renaissance Spain and Italy.

Characters from countries/places other than Avalon or Tesorra are allowed and encouraged! All I ask is that you include some background info on the countries/places in question when crafting your profiles.

Both Avalon and Tesorra are predominantly human kingdoms, but all of the traditional D&D races (human, elf, dwarf, gnome, orc, etc.) are allowed. Non-D&D races may also be accepted on a case-by-case basis.

Last edited:
me c an I be a female and an demon or is that taken because I have experience with roleplaying as a male and a female and would LOVE to join this ROLEPLAY!!

I also can do animals (;P)

I am interested. Sounds like fun. I would be interested in playing the role of the Prince, and have a couple ideas for a hero.

Looks like we’ve got enough interest to get the OOC and Sign-Up threads started up! I’ll get started on those today!

Here is the Character Sheet again, if anyone wants to start working on their profiles.

Name:
Place of Origin:
Social Status:
Class:
(If Applicable)
Class Specialty: (Optional. For example, Illusion Spells for a Sorcerer class.)
Weapon(s): (If Applicable)
Non-Combat Talents: (If Applicable)
Appearance:
Personality:
Brief History:
Family:
(If Applicable)
Friends: (If Applicable)
Rivals: (If Applicable)
Enemies: (If Applicable)
Romantic Interests: (If Applicable)
Other Notes: (If Applicable)

Davila Davila animegirl20 animegirl20 Shadow Monarch Shadow Monarch Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia mocca mocca

Is it possible if I could be a Silver Hand and a Hero? If not I could settle for one of them.

This looks both simple and fun, very refreshing. I'll throw my hat in along with a custom country of origin, because world building is my crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back