• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot](closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Asher
Miller
A Mess?
https:///www.Asher-Miller.com/The Santa Monica Home

Asher threw his head back making an audible thud as it connected with the door Fram in response to Jack's stubborness. Not that it was much of a surprise to Asher it was quickly becoming apparent just how much like him the boy really was. Sure Asher was where jack is at a much younger age but the paralleles were obvious to him. Asher let out a small chuckle in disbelief. "Dammit dude I thought we were making some progress here... But I guess I went and screwed that up too." With that Asher forced himself to his knees facing the door pulling out the small pouch he had grabbed from his room. It contained a cheap set of lockpicks Asher had picked up at one point thinking it would be a cool skill to learn but eventually after only ever suscessfully picking locks on the bedrooms here at the house he gave up. However today that limited skill set was going to come in handy.

Asher made quick work of the lock before turning the handle and swinging the door open as he weakly brought himself to his feet. Now stood in Jack's open doorway face to face with the boy he had tormented a short time ago. " Jack this isn't about pity or sympothy... This is about me hurting you for no good reason..." Standing there in this moment Asher couldn't help but let the shakeyness return to his voice despite his best efforts. " If you want to be mad at me forever that's fine... If you want to hit me go ahead I won't do anything to you... But as much as you say your fine... I know your not... I know because I was you weather you want to belive it or not... You need to let someone in... I'm not saying me... But someone... Maybe Nathan he would never hurt you... I know it seems easier just to push people away and say you don't need anyone but that's not true... And deep down I think you know that..." Asher wiped the tears from his eyes " now like I said you don't have to forgive me... I earned your hate but I came here to make something right and that's what I am going to do... I already made the call I have the money and I am going to get your hockey stick fixed and in case you don't think I'm sinsere I brought this" Asher leans over snatching the teddy bear from the ground where he left it. Holding it out to Jack " this is the only thing I have left from when I lived with my parents even know they weren't very good parents they are still mine. I want you to hold onto this until I bring back your hockey stick so you know I'll return it." The stream of tears unleashed themselves again Asher barley finding the strength to stand just knowing how bad he screwed up with Jack and probably so many others making simple acts feel impossible.

"Oh... And the hockey game is going to be on at seven I won't be around cause I know you don't want me to be but it's going to be on for you to watch." He fought hard through tears to make these words come out his hands shaking, stomach turning, and knees threatening to buckle.
coded by reveriee.

Jack jumped a bit, a little startled by the audible thud. Jack crossed his arms and remained silent. "Pfft, progress..." he thought as he rolled his eyes. With a moment of silence from Asher, Jack used that time to ignore Ash and lay on his bed and scroll through his phone. But this brief moment of silence was interrupted by the sounds of someone meddling with the lock to his door. Before Jack could react, his door swung. "What the-?" Jack said as he jumped up and now sat up defensively in his bed. "How did you?-...."

Jack was astonished that this boy was now standing in the doorway to his room despite him having clearly locked the door. He didn't have time to think about how Asher got into his room though, as Asher now spoke face to face with the boy, a door no longer dividing them. At first, it was pure surprise which morphed into irritation at the fact that Asher was now in his room, invading his privacy. But as the slightly older boy spoke, Jack lowered his guard a bit. At first, Jack rolled his eyes at Asher's tirade about letting people into his life, but once he learned that Asher was looking into way to repair his hockey stick, he gulped as he felt a lump form in this throat.

Jack's eyes were wide with surprise. He couldn't believe this was happening. The brown haired boy put his phone down on his night stand and slowly stood up, leaning a bit on his bed. He turned to face Asher directly. The boy frowned as he closed his eyes and shook his head from side to side, holding a hand out and making a sweeping motion, "Y- you don't have to do this," he said turning away the teddy bear. "Y- you've made your point, k- keep the bear... .and don't worry about fixing the stick... these things happen..."

He then looked directly into Asher's eyes, "Th- thanks..." he said softly, expressing his gratitude not only for the boy letting him watch the hockey game on the TV, but for all that he had offered to do. Jack sat in silence for a bit, thinking about all that Asher had said to him. He wanted to smile at the fact that he would be getting to watch his hockey game tonight, but also couldn't bring himself to do so as now HE felt bad for Asher. Jack hoped that the boy would not be adamant about fixing the hockey stick or giving him the teddy bear, as he truly didn't want to force Asher to pay for the stick and give up the only thing that reminded him of home for a while.

Felix

Mood
Confused

Interact
mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mentions
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Felix's expression seemed pretty unconvinced at the whole 'right person will get punished' part of Nathan's reply, he'd heard that said before and it didn't turn out to be true. Yet still he did appreciate the other boy's support. A much brighter expression as Nate also got onto the bandwagon calling Asher a jerk now, in addition to his previous poophead comment. "Been rough on you too?" Felix commented to Nate as the trio reached the rec room.
Yet as Nate said 'ladies first' Felix paused with a 'challenge accepted' expression - as he awaited Dez' to head inside first, before gently trying to nudge Nate to make him stumble on in ahead of him with a playful smirk on his face.

Once the group made their way inside the Rec room, they were immediately met with Asher walking straight towards them. Felix' clenching his fist. His body language stiffening, like a deer in the headlights as he mentally himself ready for round two! ...Yet as he merely said 'excuse me' and rushed past Felix just kinda stood there confused, his body still in fight mode yet now there wasn't anything to fight. Felix looking back at the stairwell and him walking off, then back to Nate, then to Dez' then to the staircase with a super confused expression before he relaxed. Something wasn't right; even Felix who was pretty bad at reading people could tell something was wrong with the Jerkface.

Once it was clear however that the danger had passed Felix just kinda looked back at Nathan and Dez'; letting the later go and grab herself some pancakes while he took Nathan to go sit down at one of the dining room tables. Felix hopping himself up on the seat, half-sat on one leg with the other resting atop and dangling over the edge of the chair. As normal Felix' feet not really able to comfortably touch the floor flat unless he actively sat on the edge the chair. Not that he ever really thought about that before, instead finding it more comfortable anyway to sit like this. He set down his skates, helmet and the pads carried inside them on an unoccupied seat besides himself.
"...I was so sure he was gonna start something again." Felix commented aloud with a sigh of relief, drawing his phone from his pocket as he spoke. (if anybody peered at it they'd see the lock screen having a photo of himself mid-backflip out of a bowl at a skatepark) "Maybe Dez' really is actual bully-deterrent." He continued joking, as he briefly looked back at the older teen grabbing pancakes. Felix looking a lot less shaken up, now Asher was upstairs far away from here.

Same jacket/hoodie and t-shirt combo as in photo.
MV5BYTA2NDY3NzktMzBhOS00NzFlLWJiMmQtNGU0MGI0NWIyYWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwMzYwNjU@._V1_.jpg
51CfGrAXOLL._AC_UX342_.jpg

2007e905d70078882ef241cc0f54eeb2--yellow-belt-black-belt.jpg
unknown.png

Last edited:
Nathaniel
Sharpe
Happy
https:///www.Nathan-William.com/The Santa Monica Home

Nathan couldn't help but laugh as Felix playfully Nudged him into the rec room. But the laugh was quickly stifled as Asher made his way past the group. Nathan couldn't help but notice that Asher looked off... Maybe upset? Sad? Nathan wasn't sure what it was exactly he just knew something was wrong but he also knew he probably didn't want to get involved. As Dez headed off to get her fill of pancakes Nathan followed Felix to the dinner tables. He could still feel some of the symptoms from his "sickness" but just as Evelyn said they would they were slowly going away and Nathan felt far more relaxed because of it.

Nathan Took a seat across from Felix sitting in a very similar manner as his new friend. "yeah... But something seemed off with him... like he was sad or something." Nathan responded to the comment about Asher as Felix pulled his phone from his pocket. " or I guess it could be that too." he giggled as Dez was mentioned. Nathan pulled his own phone from his pocket as Felix looked in Dez's direction and as soon as the boy's head turned back the electronic shutter sound of a phones camera could be heard as Nathan snapped a quick picture of Felix. The boy then quickly opening his contacts making a new one for Felix and adding the picture, he set the phone on the table sliding it across ready for Felix's number to be inputted " I mean if you want to" Nathan smiled bashfully as his Ipad spoke.

" So you like skating?" he added as he waited to see what Felix's next move would be.
coded by reveriee.

Asher
Miller
Calm

Asher was quite surprised by the change in Jack... relived but surprised. As the boy turned down the bear Asher allowed his arm to fall to his side still tightly gripping the bear. But as Jack refused the offer to fix the hockey sick Asher couldn't help but roll his eye's "Jack... Maybe I don't have to but please I want to fix the stick I damaged it and its not like I was just a bit too rough with it while playing I did it on purpose so this isn't a these things happen kind of moment... That thing only happened because I am a jerk... But please I want to... No I need to fix it. You don't have to take the bear I just figured that way you would have some insurance to make sure I brought the stick back. But please I need to fix it. " Asher pleaded with Jack as the relief from the situation washed over him allowing him to gain better control of his emotions and seem and talk normally again. He wiped the few remaining tears from his still pink and tender eyes as he forced a bit of a smile.

As Asher could begin to see clearly again he couldn't help himself but to look Jack up and down confirming the feelings he thought he had for the boy. As he realized how cute he believed the boy to be his smile stopped being fake. He wasn't sure of he had gotten past the boy hating him but he certainly hoped he had. Asher wanted to get to know Jack he wanted to be friends... Maybe more? he thought as he forced himself to look away not wanting to be caught starring. "of course if you don't let me fix the one you have then I'll just have no other option than to buy you a brand new one." He said as he looked back at Jack "what? did you think you were the only one in this house who was stubborn?" he Joked hoping to lighten the mood... of course there was a bit of an Ulterior motive to keeping the conversation focused on the hockey stick besides his real desire to fix it.

Asher could see the look on Jack's face a look that meant if left to its own devices questions or sympathy or something of that nature would follow. It was clear that Jack felt bad for Asher and Asher wanted that to go away. this wasn't about him... well not in that way anyway this was about Jack and the pain that Asher caused. It was about making things right regardless of weather jack ever wanted to talk to him again.
coded by reveriee.

Jack shook his head from side to side and closed his eyes, "N- no no, what you're saying right now is enough assurance that you are actually gonna fix the stick," he said as he stopped shaking his head no, "And I mean it," he said smiling a bit, "hockey sticks get worn out all the time, don't waste your money, it's just gonna get worn out anyways from years of playing with it." Jack paused for a second, surprised he was even talking this much to the other boy.

Jack noticed the boy analyzing him, he just figured that Asher was looking to see Jack's facial expression to make sure that he wasn't angry at him. When Asher playfully "threatened" to buy him a new hockey stick if he wouldn't let him fix it, Jack put his arms up defensively and leaned forward a bit in Asher's direction, "N- no! You don't need to do that!" he said a little loudly. Jack chuckled a bit about the joke about him being so stubborn. Jack remembered his parents always told him how stubborn he was when they were still alive, and sometimes even friends and coaches said so too. Jack was now convinced Asher wasn't here to get anything out of Jack, nor to prank him, or here with any ulterior motive. "God damn it Jack," he yelled at himself in his head, "why are you being so nice to this kid? He just bullied you! Just get him out of your hair and don't talk to anyone, you're not here to make any new friends." Jack debated with himself internally. Yes, he felt a bit bad for Asher, and yes he truly didn't want him to go through all the trouble of repairing his. stick or even worse, buying a whole new one for $300 +, but Jack never had any intentions talking to anyone nor making new friends when he arrived at the home. He was a lone wolf, and he liked it that way. Jack, not wanting to be mean, was kind to Asher, but in the back of his mind he debated whether he really wanted to form a friendship with him, or anyone for that matter. Jack cracked a small smile at Asher hoping to let the boy know he was being genuine.

Asher
Miller
Calm

Asher was happy to see Jack smile and Laugh a bit feeling that this ensured that at the very least the two boys were no longer mortal enemies. His mind then jumping to a slightly different topic Man his smile is cute Asher thought to himself as he admired the boy. " Look I understand if like you don't want to be friends or anything I'm just glad I was able to apologize. If you want me to just stay out of your way..." Asher Paused clearly not wanting to finish the though. "Just say the word and I won't bother you ever." Asher's Smile faltered a little at the statement but he managed to keep it from disappearing completely.

Asher wanted to say more... boy did he have so many things he wanted to say but he knew that he shouldn't. He only barely avoided disaster now was not the time to add to it. Asher was actually content to just leave things here at least that would mean they left things on a good note... Sharing some laughter and smiles on both of their faces seemed like about the best outcome he could have asked for. Though Asher planned on making it up to Jack for messing up his hockey stick he figured the boy wasn't going to budge so he might as well just leave it alone and buy a new one. Asher leaned against the doorframe once again realizing how weak his body was at the moment. He took several deep breaths in trying to calm the nerves that made his stomach turn. But he soon knew that wasn't going to work not right now anyways.
coded by reveriee.

Jack was conflicted. He clearly saw that the boy had a genuine change of heart, but Jack on the other hand had no desire to make friends with anyone, not even Asher despite his sudden friendliness. "L- listen..." Jack began, struggling to find the right things to say, "I-...." he shook his head and closed his eyes before he got out his sentence, "It's fine..." he said softly. Jack didn't directly want to tell him that he would prefer to never talk to him, or anyone, again. But Jack questioned himself, "Do you REALLY wanna just not ever talk to this kid again? He seems kinda nice if you actually get to know him," he thought to himself in his head. He decided that was something to think on and decide on later. Jack didn't know whether or not he wanted to cut all ties with Asher or maybe keep just Asher as an acquaintance while avoiding all of the other kids. He knew that he was dead-set on avoiding all of the other kids, but maybe, he thought, he wouldn't have to go out of his way to avoid Ash. Maybe having just ONE acquaintance in the house wasn't so bad.

Jack noticed Asher kind of just standing there. He saw the boy lean on his doorframe and go silent. It almost looked as if the boy was weak in the knees, and kind of struggling to stay standing. Jack looked at him confused and slightly concerned as he tilted his head inquisitively, "A- are you ok there?" Jack asked. Jack wondered what the boy was thinking about, Ash seemed lost in his thoughts. He saw the boy kind of looking him up and down, wondering what that was all about. Jack made note of his deep breathing, wondering what was wrong with the kid.

Felix

Mood
Happy

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mentions
None

Felix shrugged a bit as Nathan replied on the comment of Asher. "Well good. Kinda deserves it if he's been bullying everyone." Felix's reply hiding none of his animosity, though Nathan couldn't make out the tone his expression likely conveyed how cold he was in saying that. Asher was very fixedly an enemy now, and so he had no 'fudge' or sympathy to give. Still Felix didn't seem to pay it might mind as the two boys chatted, smiling as Nate laughed in reply to the jokes.

Felix looked back and was immediately thrown off as he heard the camera, a confused expression all over his face before he saw Nathan's phone slid across the table. Felix let out a small laugh again as he picked up the phone and began to input his number, briefly pausing to take a look at the photo taken of him and subconsciously flicking his hair a bit, getting it back to its same messy-styled state. "Haha, you actually took a really good photo." Approving of the picture, he quickly sent himself a quick text message from Nathan's number so he could save him on his own contacts. "🍪"Before handing the phone back across the table.
Felix's own phone playing a quick chirpy alert as the message arrives and adding Nate back to his contacts, taking a non-surprise photo of Nate back in the process giving him a brief second to try and pose. "Say cheese!" Felix briefly turning the phone and showing the photo to Nathan, before saving it alongside the contact on the tables surface.

Felix laughed again at getting asked the question "So you like skating?" He made no attempts to hide his passion, carrying around them everywhere but Nate opening the door did seem to put a more visible smile on his face. "Yep you could say so.." Felix replied still laughing as he lifting up one of the skates from the chair besides himself, and pulling out the wrist-guard stuffed inside the boot, setting that back down besides him. He put the skate down on the the table to let Nate see it, as Felix held it upright. It gave a bit of a thud as it was sent down clearly having a bit of weight to it not being a cheap pair, and the custom-added heavy-duty wheels briefly flickered with a flash of white LED lights for a second as the wheels made contact with the table.
Felix then pausing just a moment to then show his phone's lock screen across the table to Nathan, though flicking away notifications to get a good view of the picture. "So yeah, you could defiantly say that. This is me coming up and into a backflip out of a bowl back home." He loved this picture, so rare to get a good photo of him mid-flip like this - normally they get all blurred.
"I got more photos and some videos, if you wanna see?" Felix offered, making a motion to the other empty seat besides himself if Nathan wanted to come over and sit besides him.

MV5BYTA2NDY3NzktMzBhOS00NzFlLWJiMmQtNGU0MGI0NWIyYWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwMzYwNjU@._V1_.jpg
unknown.png

Last edited:
Asher
Miller
Calm

Ashe opened his eyes looking over at Jack " Oh me... Yeah I...I'm fine... Just a bit worn out." He spoke calmly reassuring the boyas he stood back up slowly. He stepped towards Jack slightly. Scratching the back of his head with one hand. "Hey umm I know i kinda said a lot off stuff... And... I'd really appreciate it if you... Didn't repeat any over it... It's all well kinda embarrassing especially the whole me crying like a baby bit." He stated with a soft smile before adding " Oh and teddy if you could not mention him that would be grea" He held up the bear slightly to indicate what he was talking about.

"Well umm I can get out of your hair now... Sorry for breaking into your room and well... Everything else... Don't forget the game is gonna be on at seven it would be a shame if I reserved the TV for nobody." After he finish he turned to gather his lockpicks set that had been rather unceremoniously scattered across the floor as he prepared to leave.
coded by reveriee.

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Happy

Nathan smiled as Felix complimented the photo of himself "you think thats good I have a lot more where that came from!" Then giving a goofy smile as Felix snapped a photo of him giving a thumbs up in approval as he showed Nate the photo. As the skates made their appearance on the table Nathan happily examined them spinning the wheels a bit. As Felix shared the picture on his phone Nates mouth fell open eyes wide. Holy crap he's really doing a backflip!!! How!!! That's terrifying. He thought to himself as he attended to compose himself. "I... I could never do nothin like that... Way to scary." Nate then slipped under the table poping up beside Felix and into the offered chair.

"Sure more sounds good it seems pretty cool as long as I just get to watch." He chuckled taking another look at the picture on the lock screen before Felix showed him more despite how scary it seemed something about that picture made nate smile tho he couldn't put his finger on what it was. He settled into the chair eagerly awaiting whatever Felix had to show him. The anticipation practically radiating from his body.
coded by reveriee.

Felix

Mood
Happy / Prideful

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mentions
None

Felix couldn't help but just laugh as he spoke with Nate, the other kid being pretty funny even if it still seemed off that he only used an Ipad to talk - mute maybe? Felix didn't really care either way. Smiling to himself a bit as Nathan span some of the wheels on the skates, the LEDs in the wheels lighting up as they were spun. Were the lights, and glow-in-the-dark laces necessary, no - but they were cool at least to Felix, and hey at least he would be visible if skating after dark.
Felix burst out laughing at Nate's reaction to seeing the picture. "It's not actually that hard, a little scary at first maybe but it just took a whole bunch of practice. ..And a bunch of bruises!"

Once Nathan popped up on the other side and got himself comfortable Felix unlocked his phone and opened the app he and his friends used to record to. Beginning to show off a bunch of pictures, some just of Felix posing at the skatepark or looking like a goof, one of him standing atop a fence holding onto his friends arm for balance as he got ready to jump off and do a trick, one with him wiped out face first on the ground unharmed and giving a thumbs up to his friend.
"Oh this is my friend Cayleb. We'd hang out every day skating back home." Then Felix brought up a video of him and his friend joking around behind one of their houses, Felix climbing up with his skates on, up onto the roof of his friend's shed - and then skating off it and onto a cheap skate ramp made of 2x4's in the yard bellow. Cayleb's mum yelling out the window at the pair worried, but them just kinda laughing it off. Felix's expression during the video friendly turning to a bit of a sadder smile, worried about possibly not getting to go home but he tried to shake it off.

Felix then continued scrolling through a few more video clips, most of them of small tricks and stunts like a quick drop into the bowl with a 360 spin out, Felix skating backwards and then continuing down a set of outdoor set of stair, to the next series of clips. Felix showing off to the camera, showing his footwork and balance while demonstrating a variety of grinds down a bar or railing at a skatepark - going forwards, skating backwards, crossing his feet along the bar, switching his lead foot, sometimes comboing the tricks all before frequently jumping off the rail at the end. Nate obviously not know the names for any of the tricks but Felix had fun rewatching, and more precisely watching his new friends reactions. "So what you'd think? Still think it's just scary..? He asked Nate jokingly but with a proud expression, giving him time to respond, before adding "I've even got a couple of clips on here of me going to compete. If you wanna see?" Felix clearly happy to just keep showing more photos and clips.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Nathaniel
Sharpe
Happy

Nate rolled his eyes playfully at Felix's comment about the backflip not being that hard " that's what everyone who is good at something says... Besides you've never seen me try anything that needs that much coordination... Not that I would ever try that." Nate watched intently...closely examining every photo and video wincing at anything that seemed painful and laughing along with some of the funnier videos. Meanwhile being in aw of it all. Nate could hardly take his eyes off Felix's phone fixated on watching everything Felix did. Felix looked like he was having so much fun even when he got hurt which was crazy to Nathan. "So cute" Nathan thought to some of the pictures which made his train of thought get completely side tracked "wait did I just say he's cute? Felix a boy? Cute? Wait!!!! Is that what's wrong with me!!!!" Many thought raced through his head as he remembered other kids talking about being love sick and Nate couldn't help but think that was what was happening to him.

The realization that he might like a boy didn't bother Nate in the slightest. Never having been raised to belive that was wrong he just had no clue what to do now that he realized he had those feelings his mind was racing but he decided for now it would be best to just play it cool. He also knew he needed to grill Ev' about this later as he realized that must be what she knew but wouldn't tell him. Nates mind was so busy he didn't notice Felix talking about Cayleb and getting a bit upset. Nate was still watching the videos but his mind was certainly distracted.

As the videos came to an end Nathans brain finnaly began to settle down to a more normal level. "Ummm... I think you are insane.... That's what I think. and sure it might be kinda cool but umm yeah it's still just scary." Nate was clearly interested but the idea still made him very nervous. Inside Nate wasn't really sure weather he was actually interested or if it was only because Felix seemed to love it. But at the same time he wasn't sure that mattered. "Oh you do like tournaments and stuff? Yeah I wanna see. That sounds neat!!"
coded by reveriee.

Jack smiled, holding back a little chuckle, "Sure, I wont tell anyone. My lips are sealed." He made a zipping and locking motion with his hand near his lips. Jack gave him a little nod of respect. "And thanks," he said, "I'll be sure to tune in tonight." With that, Asher gathered his lock picks and left the room. Jack got up and closed the door to his room slowly and sat back down on his bed and sighed. He truly had no intentions of being an asshole and telling anyone about the deep secrets that Asher had just revealed to him. The boy sat and thought about what had just went down. "Damn it," he thought to himself, "look at you talking to people, cut that crap out." He just closed his eyes and slowly shook his head. For now, Asher was just n acquaintance, one that he didn't necessarily need to fear or go out of his way to avoid. Jack did however make a mental note to himself to try much harder to avoid the others as to prevent another situation like this from ever happening. Jack reminded himself that he was NOT here to make new friends.

Felix

Mood
Happy / Prideful

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mentions
None

Felix burst out laughing as Nathan called him insane for his skating. That was not the first time he'd heard someone say that after watching him do or propose some trick or stunt and it'd be pretty clear to the other boy that Felix defiantly took it as a compliment. It's what Felix loved, pushing the boundaries as far as he could, doing more and more risky stunts, no matter how scary they might seem. "If you've never tried something, how you gonna know your bad at it -And even if you are, you can always get better?" Felix said giving an encouraging pat on Nate's back. Felix wasn't trying to pressure Nathan or convince him to do anything but just- eh Felix loved trying new scary stuff the idea of turning away from that seemed boring to him.

"But glad you think my tricks are cool - yeah, I've competed a few months back I completed in a local under 12's contest, this was before my birthday and then also a separate under big 16t's skate-off." Felix flicked forwards through the photos to eventually show a picture of him holding the U12 trophy, posed on stage in his full gear besides two other contestants (one of which was Cayleb he'd seen in the previous video)- everyone posing for the camera. "This is from the U12, under twelve years contest. Urm lets see, on this here was a clip of my final run, I was pretty tired at this point but well- so was everyone." Felix played a video taken from the top of one of the ramps, Felix dropping into the bowl with complete confidence and propelling himself around fast, using moves akin--to parkour at one point as he laid his hand on the top of the bowls walls and seamlessly swung his legs over from the first to the second diving straight back in with all his momentum. Felix hitting to the top of the bowl and grinding around though coming a little short of the full distance and having to dip back in. Felix's most impressive trick however came towards the end as he jumped back in and started building up as much speed as he could heading for a section where the ramp curved up to a wall, not only riding up the 7-8 foot depth of bowl but also another 5-6 feet (judging by the height of the nearby spectators) and doing a backflip as he pushed himself off the peak, somehow landing it again if a bit sketchily, skating backwards a few feet and then in a quick spin turning back the right way to go finish the run. The whole thing must have taken nearly two solid minutes, maybe a little more even of back to back tricks before Felix 's run came to an end; leaving the bowl and giving a passing high-five to what looks like another competitor and then flopping himself on the bench. "That first soul grind around the left side there should have gone soo much worst, my skate slipped and I nearly just fell in like face first." Felix commented criticising one of the parts earlier in the clip.

"I didn't do nearly as well in the U16, kinda flopped my first run and the older competitors really knew their stuff." Felix added with an awkward rub on the back of his head. "But given I can't enter the U12's now I need to keep working at it." Felix added with this competitive excitement. "I'm gonna hold off showing that flopped starting run from U16 if that's cool?" He informed Nathan, giving a slightly embarrassed laugh clearly not wanting to show his screw-ups straight after his win. "-and it's not like I skate just for the trophies anyway, I do it because it fun just gliding around and letting my body kinda like flow with it. Sometimes it's just fun to, you know- skate down to the local park, or to school since I didn't live far away, or to my friends places." He grinned, putting his phone down on the table for the moment.
"But hey..." Felix hushed his tone. "Just don't go telling the staff lady I got all these videos up." He added giving a playful nudge with his elbow, obviously neither of the boys technically old enough to be on social media, not that it really stopped a lot of kids their age.

unknown.png

Evelyn

Mood
Content

Interact
kakemha kakemha

Mention
None

Evelyn smiled slightly as she kept a curious ear out, listening to her explain the book. "Huh that's an interesting way to organise the narrative." Evelyn commented aloud clearly thinking about the idea of organising a narrative around pages in-narrative, of the constraints and added narrative-weight that could add if done well. "... ...Okay you sold me, I will add it to my reading list at some point." She eventually responded after a long pause.
She tilted the sketchpad further as Miyako leaned over to look at it, ensuring she could look at the image properly. "Thanks you. Though I hope it also is as sad as it is beautiful when I'm done." Nodding slightly with her own comment but appreciating the compliment of her work.

"It's not a problem, you always seem to be by yourself. Though if you would like to keep me company for a bit, I do need to check on my plants. If you want to come along, you can tell me more about that book or any other books you've been reading if you like?" Evelyn offered lowering the sketchpad and motioning the pencil in the direction of one of her large leafy plants in the corner for an example, the home having quite a lot of them the older teen cared for that in her opinion really freshened and opened the place up. Evelyn needing to check they were well watered and healthy pretty much daily, or choosing to do so at least.
Evelyn basically not registering the other kids who were excitedly chattering, or otherwise consuming pancakes in the room right now. Having just remembered that one of her plants she placed in the dormitory hallway window upstairs looked a little dry yesterday when she last checked it.

1626158675e2cc4034e27ca32a2c8b773d1990c3d6_thumbnail_600x.webp
31XCU+f2kEL._AC_.jpg
334076a.jpg
Sterling_Silver_Whitby_Jet_Large_Pentagram_Necklace_P1862..jpg
p388539_2.jpg

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Happy

"eh I... I think I'll leave the skating up to you I don't think I need to find out if I'm good or not... I like my feet firmly planted on the ground." This wasn't a lie but it may not have been completely truthful either. If Nathan was being honest with himself the idea didn't completely turn him off. After all it did seem interesting but he was far to terrified of the possible bad outcomes to actually try skating. As the two settled in to watch the video of Felix's tournament Nathans eyes were glued to the screen. even tho Felix had done some pretty awesome and possibly no definitely insane stuff in the other videos those now seemed like child's play compared to what competition skating was apparently like. Nathan couldn't believe what he saw on the screen and to think it was the boy sitting next to him that did all of those amazing stunts. Man why do I have to be such a wimp and scared all the time Nathan couldn't help but be upset at his own cowardice sitting next to a boy the same age as him who clearly had none of it.

As the video ended it took Nate a few moments to pull him self out of his shock and look up at his new friend where he realized he only caught part of a sentence. Realizing he had forgotten to tell Felix something very important about himself not that it was anything new. Nathan had a bad habit of not telling people he was deaf and due to his lip reading skills people usually didn't figure it out on their own. Nathan couldn't help but face palm at this realization but he allowed Felix to finish speaking before revealing the news to the boy. Nathan laughed a little at Felix's comment about not telling the staff about his social media account. "don't worry not a word. as long as you don't say anything about my Instagram.... oh also something important that you might want to know about me... I'm deaf that's why I use this to talk cause well most people don't know ASL soo this is just easiest... Sorry I always forget to mention that. But don't worry I read lips really well you just have to make sure I'm lookin at ya if you want to say something to me." Nathan smiled brightly at Felix trying to show that his being deaf wasn't a sad thing and stave off any "oh I'm sorry that must be so hard" type of comments. Nate having been deaf his entire life doesn't really care to him he's not missing anything he can still do all the same things as hearing people he just might do some of them differently. But as he has learned over the years much to his irritation people always saw his deafness as something they needed to fell sorry for and most people coddle him and get overly protective like he's somehow broken. Nathan was not a fan of that reaction.

Nathan then pulled his phone back out from his pocket. " you wanna see what I like to do?" he asked opening the Instagram app on his phone and heading to his profile. The photos that were currently visible were of various landmarks or beaches in the area all taken in ways that just felt like summer. Lots of fun colors, bright sunny skies, Various summer items like sunglasses, beachballs, surfboards, ect.
Nathan clicked on the first photo which looked like it was taken on a beach during sunset in the center of he shot were three surfboards stuck up in the sand with the sunset peaking out from behind them. Nate scrolled through many photos eventually the color scheme seemed to change to more spring time tones than winter and finally fall.
coded by reveriee.

Felix

Mood
Happy / Fascinated

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mentions
None

Felix let out another laugh at Nate's initial response. "Awww, but yeah okay. I get it most people aren't really up for it. Your not the only one." Felix nudging Nathan slightly with his elbow playfully, he understood rollerblading wasn't that popular anyway. There was a little disappointed in Felix sure, but he also expected it with plenty just not being up for this sorta thing. Maybe if it would be better if he first showed the less-crazy stuff first if he wanted to get people into it but, well that's not really how his adrenaline-fueled brain worked with this kind of stuff. Either way Felix seemed like he expected Nate to get scared off so no big deal.
He still got a kick out of watching Nathan's reaction to the actual tournament, seeming like he missed most of what Felix was trying to say. Not that Felix could blame him, this glued-to-the-screen, 'this is insane' reaction was exactly what he had before he got into this sorta stuff. The pro's and other contest kids always made it look so easy, but as many bumps and bruises over the years can confirm - not that easy! Just at the meets, everyone was really skilled.

There was a defiant smile and and nod to his new friend agreeing to keep the secrets of their online stuff from the management. They might figure it out anyway but lets not tell them, CPS might have a fit and force them to delete them - And that would just suck! "Deal." Then there was a pause as he listened and processed as Nate typed out to explain his condition. His expression maybe a little sad but also at the same time seeing Felix sorta admired Nathan resilience to it all. "...Huh, that kinda sucks." Felix initially responded before having a mischievous smile appear on his face. "Guess I'll just have to do this to get your attention then." Felix then proceeding to poke Nathan in the side, in a spot he was very well aware was normally ticklish on a lot of people hoping to get a reaction.

"Oooh yeah let's see." Felix very curious leaning into look at Nate's Instagram with him. Felix couldn't help but just stare at them for a moment wide eyed. "These are like- super good. Like- did you go through and set all these up, or urm, did you just like find them this way and then- snap an awesome picture." The photo's reminding Felix that he'd never gotten to try surfing before, which was definitely something to do on his bucket list. I mean its like riding water, how cool was that!? He tried to keep his attention together though and watched as the photos went through - pointing out ones he felt were particularly cool looking. Felix had no real eye for this kind of involved and themed photography, his own photos and videos of his skating kinda all being pretty standard snaps from a smartphone without any good scene composition, and some without the best lighting. "Maybe I need you to help me take some new photo's for my page?" Felix added as a bit of a half-joke, thinking how cool it'd be to have some like sunset picture of him mid-grind or something to put on there, or, or.. To be honest he had no idea what would look good!

Moments later though Felix kinda felt his stomach churn a bit, his bladder suddenly realising signals about that extra-large cup of juice he drank last night before bed finally wanting to make its way out. Felix quickly getting to his feet, his body language immediately conveying what was wrong with legs and knees buckling almost textbook as he almost bounced in place thinking. "Ahh, uh be right back! Bathroom was urm, ..right that way!" Felix rushing off to try and find and then use the toilet. He got told where they were in his way in but, uh yeah slight emergency time.

unknown.png

Asher
Miller
Calm

Leaving Jack's room a Asher felt relieved. Going into it he had no expectations for that interaction to go as well as it did. The whole idea was just a shot in the dark that he expected to go horribly wrong and wouldn't have blamed Jack one bit if it has but still it was a success. It was clear to Asher that no matter how hard he tried to hide it Jack was a much kinder and compassionate person than he was. As he got to his room Asher just fell back on his bed finnaly being able to relax a little. So used to just shoving his emotions away and behind his tough guy exterior he was not used to the kind of rollercoaster he had been on today.

Ashers eyes fell shut for a few moments before suddenly snapping back open. As alluring as a nap sounded right now Asher still had things to do. He needed to be ready for the hockey game tonight and for him that meant a new hockey stick for Jack tho it wouldn't be an easy feat to pull off and would require him sneaking out of the house. Not that it was anything new to him as he had done it on several occasions before but as he began mentally preparing for the journey ahead he came to a sudden realization wait am I really doing this sneaking out risking all of my privlages for a kid I barely know? And why because I have a little crush on him? Okay maybe not little maybe it's a pretty big crush. But me and Jordan literaly just broke up? Wait why do I care clearly he had no problems moving on? Yup I'm doing this. his mind raced from one thought to another answering each with another question before arriving on his final decision.

Asher took some time to prepare for his trip running through a shower again due to being covered in sand from the beach then gathering his clothes and other items he might need. Including a stack of cash he kept in a lockbox under his bed as his savings. Anything he made from modeling that he didn't spend went into that box by now equaling a very hefty sum for someone his age.
coded by reveriee.

With his door all closed up, Jack sat back in his bed, exhaling as he closed his eyes. He checked the time on the digital clock on his night stand. It was still pretty early, so Jack would have to wait a little while until dinner and then the eventual hockey game which would come on at 7pm. He was thankful that the TV was essentially reserved and guaranteed for him, as he needed to wind down and destress by watching his favorite team and sport. Jack thought back on Asher's words and his actions. He couldn't help but think maybe Asher wasn't so bad, and maybe he was even a kind boy. Jack hoped he wouldn't have to be talking to anymore people today.

He took out his phone and started scrolling mindlessly, waiting for dinner. It was at dinner where Jack was going to quickly slip by everyone, get a quick bite to eat, and into the TV room he would go where hopefully no one would bug him. He hadn't gotten to watch his hockey team since he had gotten to the home, and watching the games was something he did almost every day he could back at home. He hoped by watching the game on the TV, maybe he could get a little taste of home in his new life. He sighed thinking about how much he truly missed his old life. But was a tough guy, he thought, he had no time for silly sad emotions and home sickness.

The boy got up and went to his closet. He opened it up looking for a particular article of clothing. He knew he had brought it to him to the home and was not disappointed when he found it. It was the jersey of his favorite player on his favorite NHL team, the San Jose Sharks. The jersey was a couple sizes up from Jack's actual clothing size, so the jersey always looked a bit big on him, but he didn't mind. The boy took it out of his closet, slipped it on, and smiled. He always loved wearing his jersey whenever he watched the game and cheered on his favorite team.

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Happy

Nathan squealed as Felix poked him in a spot that was indeed ticklish his retreat from the friendly assault almost causing him to fall off his chair laughing joyfully during the entire encounter. By the time it was over Nate was red in his face and had to take a few moments to catch his breath. Before they began looking through the photos. "well sometimes you get lucky and something is already set up perfect for a picture but most of the time you have to just look round for inspiration and then build rest of the scene around that." Nate answered happily he loved to talk about his photography probably as much as Felix liked talking about skating and was glad Felix was showing some kind of interest. "oh yeah that could be fun I've never really done much action photography I'd love to get better at it.... tho I probably need some faster glass to get the best results. But I can deal with that." he said with a smile excited about the idea of strengthening one of his biggest weaknesses in his hobby."oooo I could even try out some cinematography I've always wanted an excuse to give that a go." he added. After a few more moments Felix excused himself to use the restroom leaving Nate sat at the table alone.

At first Nate was just Idly scrolling through his phone when he glanced over at all of Felix's skate supplies. This brought his new friend to the front of his mind and a smile grew across his face. Do I really like him? Well of course I like him how couldn't you he's fun, funny and playful. But do I like, like him the way most boys like girls? I think I do but I've never felt like this before. That would make sense tho i've never liked someone before. Well I know I think he's cute! especially in all his gear!! OK maybe I do like him. Does that mean I'm Gay? Probably? Does it matter if I am? I don't think so. But how do I know if he likes me!?! I don't even know if he's Gay too. Well I think that answers the am I Gay question... Hmm guess it's true you do learn something new everyday. Even if its just the fact that you like boys instead of girls... Man!! but does HE!!! ugggg how do Gay guys do this! most people are straight right? Yes. So chances are he is so don't get your hopes up to much I think now that I know that I like boys I am probably going to have to get used to managing expectations. Most people I am going to like probably don't like boys sooo learn to stay calm.... But what if he does? How do I find out? How do I know if he likes me? ugg me and Ev' need to have a talk later. I also might have to talk to Ash he has a lot more experience with this being Gay thing than me. Nates internal debate felt like hours to him but in reality was only a few seconds. He had been spinning the wheel of Felix's skate the entire time he was thinking.

He then looked over to the Pads and helmet hmm Wonder what wearing all of that is like? Will I look good in it like he does? Probably not I am not the sporty type buuuuut. Nate found himself reaching for the bundle of safety gear without even thinking. It wasn't long before he decided he might as well try it on after all he was considering giving skating a shot at some point maybe trying on all the other gear will help him make up his mind. Nate Proceeded to Grab the gear separating everything and began putting it on from bottom up. Finally with all the other gear on Nate was on his feet and plopped the helmet on his head buttoning the strap just as Felix walked back into the room.
coded by reveriee.

[Morning routines were coming to an end within the busy Santa Monica home and the many children who inhabited it began to settle into whatever activities they had for the day, Though some drama had seemed to take over the morning for some things appeared to have calmed down without any heads rolling. Which in a house full of kids and teens of various ages and backgrounds that was certainly a win. Unbeknownst to most of the home however Asher was absent without permission to be so. This of course came as no surprise to Mrs. Richardson when she discovered his absence a few minutes after he left Tho she chose not to make anything of it with the other kids not wanting to worry anyone. She knew there wasn't anything she could really do until he returned and knowing Asher she figured he didn't tell anyone where he was going so asking around was pointless.

Rest of the Afternoon passed as the kids enjoyed the first day of their last week of freedom before school would inevitably call them all back. It was now a quarter to six and the staff was busy preparing for supper to be on the table at six as it always was. An announcement rang through the speakers placed throughout the house and its exterior. "Good evening everyone Dinner will be served at six as per usual and I expect you all to be cleaned up and ready to eat at that time thank you!" Mrs. Richardson's voice was Kind but Authoritative as she gave the announcement before sending a reminder to Nathan as well via Text.]

Dawnstar Dawnstar
Miaow Miaow
mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties
Edric Blight Edric Blight

Jack had been relaxing on his bed scrolling his phone for the few hours after his encounter with Asher. He jumped a little, startled by the announcement over the speakers fro Mrs. Richardson. He listened closely to her instructions as he always did whenever she had something to say to the kids. Jack was expecting the announcement. It was time for dinner. On one hand, it meant Jack would inevitably have to come into contact with, or at least come into view of some of the other kids. On the other hand, not only was Jack a bit hungry, so dinner would satisfy that hunger, but he got to look forward to watching the hockey game on the TV after dinner thanks to Asher.

The boy hopped off of his bed, checked himself in the mirror, ran his hand through his hair, and sighed. Wearing his favorite jersey, he opened the door to his room and got ready to go downstairs for dinner.

Felix

Mood
Happy

Interact
None

Mentions
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Felix raced a tight loop around the edge of the basketball court, dribbling the ball he just snatched back as it tried to escape. The young man enjoying the summer afternoon now turned evening by combining two of his favourite sports. He'd been playing by himself out here for the last nearly two hours, switching between free-throws, dibbling, or just doing acrobatic tricks with skates. Felix's pads having gained a extra scuff marks when he decided to practice a few cartwheel across the court in full gear. At this point though the young man was pretty lost in thought as he played, he was in the zone and his body just weaved across the court essentially on autopilot.

Felix's had really picked up quite a bit as the day progressed despite how it all started. He made a friend! Nathan who seemed funny and curious if a little-bit jumpy and panicky - like he was afraid of just a lot of stuff. Felix got it but, it wasn't something he was the best at dealing with having always been the kind of kid to headbutt his fears instead or running from them (even when those fears were bullies a head or more taller than him). Getting back from the bathroom earlier he found Nathan trying on all his skate pads- which honestly didn't look bad on him. But when Felix tried to compliment his friend his face just went all red. Felix audibly laugh to himself on the court at that thought, it was a funny sight. "Shame he seems like an indoor guy. Would've been fun to find a blader-bud as soon as I got here -and he looked good all geared up." Felix thought to himself smiling idly, though this didn't really strike him with any alarm bells or deeper thoughts. He never expected Nate to be one for blading anyway, nothing against him just most kids if they went to the parks were on scooters or the odd skateboard bros - though he doubted Nathan would even be interested in those.

Then the announcement went off overhead causing Felix to snap out of his autopiloted daze and miss his free throw as it bounced off the rim. "Served at six..? Wait-what time is it now?" Felix questioned aloud, as he idly rolled towards the ball while drawing out his phone. "Hmm.. Still got time for another few shots." Felix nodding to himself at that thought putting the phone away and snatching up the ball from the ground. He'd come inside in a bit, but not before taking a wide outside lap of the court to go in to try and rebound the ball off the backboard a few times and take a high-speed freethrow.

ra,kids_tee,x1250,000000:44f0b734a5,front-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
unknown.png
k2-exo-4-1-skate-pads-3-pack-jt.jpg

Last edited:
Nathaniel
Sharpe
Happy

Nathan had spent the last hour or so sitting by a window researching camera gear he needed if he was serious about what he had said earlier while occasionally looking outside to watch Felix as he enjoyed himself skating around and playing basketball. Nearly jumping from his chair the few time Felix wiped out trying something. Nate had to admit to himself that some of it looked like it could be fun like when Felix would just sorta cruise around and he did feel pretty protected in all that gear he tried on earlier. Nate still wasn't convinced he wanted to make that leap but it didn't sound like the worst thing in the world. He had added several things to his cart when the text from Mrs. Richardson came across his phone.

For whatever reason probable the impending dinner but the text reminded Nathan of something he needed to do. He closed his phone leaving the items in his cart for purchase some other time before he quickly made his way to the bathroom to quickly freshen up before starting on his desired task. After the bathroom Nathan made his way across the house ending up in front of Evelyn's door. He knocked Three times paused then knocked three times again. This was a code most people in the house knew that simply meant it was Nate knocking that way people wouldn't call out some kind of response that he obviously couldn't hear.

As Evelyn answered Nathan put on a bit of a grumpy face while Signing "you knew didn't you?" If he was right about Evelyn knowing exactly what was going on with him, it did annoy him a bit that she refused to say anything but not to a point where he was actually mad at her. Just a bit annoyed. In the end tho he figured it all out or at least mostly so he guessed things worked out fine but he still would have liked if she had told him earlier so he didn't have to come back hunting for answers.
coded by reveriee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back