• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot](closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Felix

Mood
Surprised / Excited

Interact
Miaow Miaow KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mentions
None

"Because it tickled you goof!" Felix replies to Nathan as the boy sat down besides him, and then quickly making a quick pounce to poke him in the side. "See how you like it." Felix playfully retaliating back, to Nathan's revenge. The boy grinning happily at start of this ongoing war, despite the fact being super-ticklish was one of Felix bigger weaknesses.

Felix looking back to Minnie and laughing a little at her reply regarding the Heelies. "They're soo cool. I've really wanted some for aaages." Felix laughing away. "Mom wouldn't buy me 'em though, even when I tried asking for them for my birthday." Felix added clearly serious. Sadly the boy's allowance not stretching far enough either, his normal skating, and snacks eating up most he was given.
"...Wait you know how to ride Horses?" Felix's eyes opening wide, injecting himself into Minnie and Nate's topic. "Okay now that is cool." Already imagining himself briefly in some wild-west film riding into town... For some reason with explosions in the background as the horse galloped? Felix briefly laughing to himself. "Does she take you riding a lot?"

Felix then looking to 'Boss Lady' as she walked in, announcing a party down at the beach the next day. Felix immediately looking excited, his eyes lit up. "Nate, Min (pause) young(?), you two gonna go?" His tone clearly hopeful that his new friends would all be going. He was pumped. A dip in the water, some BBQ, this would be awesome!! The boy just grinning to himself as he started on his plate of food, though largely the mash potato, beef stew and bits of salad in his case - getting a rather large portion - kid needed to recharge after an afternoon of exercise.

A few minutes later as the eating continued Felix's almost choking on a mouthful of stew, looking at Nathan wide-eyed at the question. "Huh..?" Felix's expression growing to this confused smile. "Like you want me to like show you stuff or like ....you wanna have a go?" He asked looking for confirmation feeling like he must have misheard something.

ra,kids_tee,x1250,000000:44f0b734a5,front-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
51CfGrAXOLL._AC_UX342_.jpg
2007e905d70078882ef241cc0f54eeb2--yellow-belt-black-belt.jpg
k2-exo-4-1-skate-pads-3-pack-jt.jpg

Last edited:
Evelyn

Mood
Content

Interact
None (Open)

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia Edric Blight Edric Blight

Evelyn' just sat and watched the commotion that was all the other kids chatting and talking, the lively energy of the room. It was honestly a bit much at times, not bad, but still a lot. Taking note of how outgoing and high energy the new kid seemed to be. Taking note of Ash' sudden change in mood; did something happen while he was out? Or before? He's talking with quiet Jack who in her mind might as well been a mute with how little he tried to speak with anyone.

Still he was content to keep to herself for the moment, listening as Mrs Richardson came in and spoke - nodding to the staff member. Evelyn wasn't sure if she'd choose to go or not yet, but if nothing else it'd either be fun, or the house would be quiet for once. As she mused to herself who took herself a vegetarian serving of dinner, the salad, rice and vegetable stew in particular - nothing too heavy.

"Careful Ash, you only just got Jack to start talking - try not to scare him off." She suddenly spoke up with a joking tone, taking a brief pause in her eating. "..And if what I heard was correct, Mrs Richardson already isn't in the best mood with you. If you start picking fights.. " She said nothing more, and didn't look away from her food - merely backseat commentating on the day's events.

1626158675e2cc4034e27ca32a2c8b773d1990c3d6_thumbnail_600x.webp
31XCU+f2kEL._AC_.jpg
Sterling_Silver_Whitby_Jet_Large_Pentagram_Necklace_P1862..jpg
p388539_2.jpg
334076a.jpg

Jack felt himself shrink as the older girl spoke to Asher about him. He hated being mentioned in conversations. He just continued silently eating, wishing he could just disappear into thin air. Jack didn't really remember seeing this girl before, but he could have sworn he recognized her as the girl who made the pancakes. None of it mattered to him though, as he wasn't planning on getting to know anyone here.

Asher
Miller
Happy
https:///www.Asher-Miller.com/The Santa Monica Home

Asher shook his head with an exasperated sigh and a roll of his eyes. " Yeah your probably right Evelyn.... But when is she happy with me anyways? Besides I wasn't picking a fight dude was being an ass. Like who makes that kind of a joke this soon?" His response was calm and flat almost without any emotion. As Jack questioned what the drama had been about Asher took a few more bites of his food. Asher was trying to think of what to say while also remaining calm with the conversation.

"Umm... well as you probably figured out Jordan...Well he is my Ex-Boyfriend.... As of last night.... early this morning?.... Point is its really fresh... and things didn't end well okay?" He spoke quietly managing to stay calm the whole time though you could hear a hint of his mixed emotions over the situation. Asher looked over to Jack giving him a reassuring smile to let him know he was fine. And for the most part he was sure he still felt the pain and betrayal from Jordan but all things considered he was holding up very well. Noticing Jack's shyness getting the better of him Asher couldn't help but smile a bit he had to admit the shy timid nature of Jack was a breath of fresh air compared to Jordan's Wild and outgoing personality. Asher even found it a bit cute as he eyed the boy.

"You don't have to worry about her.... She wont bite.... Usually anyways." Asher Chuckled a little as he glanced over to Evelyn. " Besides she tends to leave people alone so long as they don't provoke her or engage of their own accord and even then she can be a bit distant." He added before taking another bite and looking over to Evelyn " So you going to go to the party Evelyn?"
coded by reveriee.

Jack listened as Asher told him the whole deal with this Jordan kid. So, Jordan was Asher's ex-boyfriend. The boy nodded as Asher told him, to let him know he understood the situation. Jack couldn't help but feel bad for the kid, as he could only imagine how much drama he had been through in the past. The joke from the boy must have understandably rubbed Asher the wrong way. Jack was glad he had no drama like that to deal with. He didn't know what to think or how he could help though, as Jack had never been in (nor desired for) a romantic relationship before.

"G-got it," said Jack nervously as he nodded in response to what Asher was telling him about Evelyn, a girl she honestly knew nothing about. He then continued eating some of his food as Asher and Evelyn began to talk about the party. He knew in his head that he certainly would not be attending it. He hoped he wouldn't be involved in any other conversation and he was excited to quickly finish dinner so he could slip away and watch his hockey game.

Last edited:
Minnie
Foster home - Dinner table
Mood
Anxious / hungry

Interact
Felix

Mention
Dawnstar Dawnstar

"I guess Heelies are expensive..." Minnie responded. She hadn't exactly thought about how much they cost, she'd never tried to buy any before. She couldn't help but giggle as Felix called her cool. She didn't think she was cool, not many people had called her cool before. At the yard, almost everyone knew how to ride so it wasn't exactly special, they never thought she was cool.
"Uhhh... She tries to take me once a month but sometimes she gets busy," She explained. She was grateful to ride whenever she could, however, but she wished she could be on the yard every day.

She was almost instantly distracted as the chefs emerged with the food, thanking them as they placed her dinner in front of her. She wasn't exactly a fan of stew... but she was a fan of brown rice, she was sure the two would go well together. She listened to Mrs Richardson politely as she spoke before digging in as soon as she had left, scooping the rice onto her plate. Haewon, on the other hand, was more than happy with just vegetable stew. Neither of the sisters really understood the concept of American biscuits. Weren't biscuits meant to be sweet and sugary?

Minnie looked over to Felix as he asked her about the party.
"Oh, uhh... probably," She replied awkwardly. She did like barbecues, she was excited for the food, but parties always made her nervous. There were always so many people, too many things to keep track of and concentrate on. She normally ended up wandering off by herself to search for seashells.

On the other hand, Haewon knew this "party" was the type of party she wanted to attend. Kids games and fruit punch weren't her scene but... she wouldn't mind a little dip in the ocean.

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Worried/Hungry
https:///www.Nathan-William.com/The Santa Monica Home

Nathan futally tried escaping Felix’s ticklish assult of reveng but the boy was far to quick in his actions. causing Nathan to wail joyfully at the breif attack on his midsection. As dinner had continued Nathan did his best to sit so he could easily see the faces of both Felix and Minnie not wanting to miis out on any conversation. “ Oh yeah you should definitely go Minnie!! it would be so fun.... we could all go toghether like the three mucketeers or something!” Nathan replied eagarly with a giant smile on his face. Not just eagar to spend time with Felix but also with Minnie. Nathan had always liked Minnie but his ever worried mind and often cripling anxiety had always made it difficult for him to ever truly nuture and grow close friendships if only because he forgets to spend time doing so. “Besides us ummm... Young bucks gotta stick together out there right? Looks like we lost one to the dark side” Nathan says as he throws a thumb in Asher and Jacks direction.

As Felix questioned exactly what he meant by his request the nerves in Nathans stomach grew into a tight knot. He wasn’t even sure he wanted to answer. Was he really going to do this? something that dangerous? Nathan would have never even considered somthing like this before but now... now things were different Nathan didn’t understand why but he knew they were and he finally resigned to the fact that he couldn’t run away from this fear like he had all the others in the past. But as he attemtped to type out his reply his hands seemed to forget how to function he became frustrated at himself and quietly cleared his throat the words falling out horse and without confidence as he attemped to actually speak. “umm... I want to try.” he spoke quietly almost unpersivably so that coupled with the unclear nature of his speacking voice made it hard to understand only just being clear enough to recognize the english soming from his voice.
coded by reveriee.

Asher
Miller
Happy

An Awkward silence had fallen between the two boys as they ate. Asher knew Jack didn’t very much like the extra attention he was getting. He also knew that Jack would have been far more comfortable slinking off to his own corner of the dinning room and eating by himself away from the prying eyes of others. Now Asher felt a bit guilty as he had already known this about Jack but yet he still implored the boy to sit next to him. Realizing that he likely only accepted because Jack felt he owed him after the hockey stick and Asher making sure he would get to watch the game tonight. He had told himself that he was trying to help Jack come out of his shell and that this could be good for him, But Asher knew that had nothing to do with why he wanted Jack to sit with him. He knew in reality the situation was a completly selfish one. Asher wanted Jack next to him because thats what he wanted not even considering how Jack might actually feel about it.

“You… You know you don’t have to sit over here by me right? Like if your not comfortable you can go sit wherever you want.” Obviously Asher really hoped Jack wouldn’t decide to move but he could tell how uncomfortable the boy was and he didn’t want Jack to feel pressured into remaining in that situation.
coded by reveriee.

Jack looked up from his plate at Asher and paused his eating temporarily. He closed his eyes and shook his head gently, "N- no no, don't worry. It's fine, I- I'm just not used to this whole sitting with people thing, ya know?" Jack said giving Asher an unsure look as he shrugged his shoulders a bit. While the quiet and reserved boy preferred to sit alone, away from anyone's view, he honestly didn't mind sitting with Asher and was a bit pleasantly surprised that the boy had made the offer to him. He was even more surprised by the fact that Asher seemed to really genuinely want to sit next to him. He appreciated the friendly gesture from Asher, and was happy with all that the boy had done for him to apologize for the earlier incident. Jack had changed his opinion and views on Asher to that of a more favorable outlook. "It's fine though, I won't move." He tried to crack a little smile.

While Jack reluctantly welcomed the idea of sitting with someone at dinner, he hoped that it wouldn't attract any attention, and hoped he wouldn't have to talk to anyone else. Jack was someone who preferred to stay within his comfort zone, and going out there and meeting and talking to new people certainly wasn't in that very small comfort zone of his. While yes, a large part of the reason why Jack even agreed to sitting with Asher at dinner in the first place was because Jack did not want to be rude and felt that it was the least he could do to show Asher he appreciated the trouble (literally) he went through to get him the new hockey stick. Part of him weirdly didn't mind sitting with the boy and possibly making a new friend with the kid.

Jack was almost done with his plate. He usually ate pretty quickly as to escape the dining hall as soon as possible. All he could think of in the back of his mind was the excitement of finally getting to watch a NHL hockey game on the TV and being able to cheer his hometown team on for the first time since he arrived at the home. Getting the TV for any amount of time was a task that Jack quickly learned would be difficult, but thanks to his new friend Asher he would have no problem reserving the TV for the night. The boy had Asher to thank for a lot today, reserving the TV being one of the many reasons. Asher had done more than enough to make up for the day's earlier incident and he truly proved to Jack that he felt awful and sorry for how he treated him.

The boy quickly pulled out his phone from his pocket and checked the time. He still had enough time to finish eating and to get to the TV before the game actually started. He could hardly wait until then.

Felix

Mood
Excited

Interact
Miaow Miaow KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mentions
None

"Been aaaages since I've been to the beach!" Felix it was like... A month ago. "We could all go swimming, and play ball out on the sands?" Felix seemed pumped at the very thought looking back and fourth to the friends sitting either side of him. Yeah Felix had only just met them but what way to become proper friends than hang out at the beach at a party. Not that Felix had ever really had a 'beach party' before but separately they were both fun - together they got to be even better! "You got any ideas Min young.?" He was equally pumped at the idea of hanging out with Minnie as he was Nathan at the party. Two new friends were better than one.

The very mention of Asher does get a bit of a stink-eye from Felix, him passing a glare that could metaphorically could kill at the teenage bully for a few moments. That recent grudge and wound still very much fresh in his mind as he lowered his voice. "Yeah we all better stay away from the jerk-face." He had no idea why that other kid was hanging out with him, not that it mattered. A bully was a bully.

Felix then returning back to eating his rather sizable portion of food. His parent's friends would always ask where Felix manged to put all that food away, being such a small kid in both height and build but regularly out-eating other kids. Not that many could rival his activity levels. At hearing a attempt at speaking from Nathan, he did pause confused, missing what had been said. Felix asking Nathan to repeat as he kept his eyes glued to the other kid. His expression becoming this very impressed wide eyed smile and grin, enthused at the confirmation. "Huh, you really wanna have a go? What happened to you saying it was too scary-" He gently nudged Nathan in the side in a friendly elbow-jab. "Well I'm nearly done eating, once your done I can get you all set up out front?" Felix suggested.
"My helmet's just by the door. Can sit you down on the steps and get you all padded up again in a flash!" He continued enthusiastically as he began to quickly work through the rest of his food like an excitable dark-blond wolverine.
k2-exo-4-1-skate-pads-3-pack-jt.jpg

Last edited:
Asher
Miller
Happy

Asher was pleased that Jack had decided not to move even though he knew the boy would have been more comfortable if he had. Rest of the meal passed relatively quietly as the two boys worked to finish their meal. Asher ate with a content smile glancing over to Jack a few times just to admire the boy that sat nest to him. As he finished his plate Asher pulled out his phone glancing at the time. The game would be starting at any moment.

Asher hurriedly gathered his dishes as he stood from the table. " C'mon shake a leg Jacky-boy or your gonna be late." He said Nudging the boy as he made his way to drop his dishes off at the kitchen so they could get washed. With Jack not far behind Asher slipped out of the Dinning room to the rec-room. As the boys entered the rec-room the TV was already set to the right channel for the game and a small array of snacks and drinks had been laid out on the coffee table in front of the couch. Asher had paid a couple of the other kids to get this set up for him which they had gladly accepted. Always looking to line their pockets with extra spending money whenever possible. " Well here you are the Game is on you got snacks and drinks so you don't even need to leave the couch and nobody should bug you.. I hope.... well then I.... I suppose I will leave you to it." Asher didn't leave immediately he hung around a bit hoping Jack might invite him to stay but he also would be fine if the boy wanted to watch alone.
coded by reveriee.

Jack gave Asher a little smile or two back as they exchanged glances a few times. The boy continued eating his meal. Eventually, he had finished all of his dinner.

Jack blushed a bit and chuckled at the little nickname Asher had just called him. "Y- yea you're right," he said, putting a little pep into his step as he hurried to gather his dishes and get ready for the game, "I should be getting a move on so I don't miss the start of the game." The two boys quickly put away their dishes at the kitchen for washing and slipped out of the dining room. Jack was a bit surprised as he entered the rec-room that the TV was set to the channel that the game would be on and that there were already snacks set out for him. The boy smiled as he took his seat.

But Jack felt an odd feeling deep within his gut. While yes, the room seemed to be specifically set up for him and him alone, and hockey was his favorite sport to watch, he felt as if he should say something to the boy who made this all possible tonight. Jack originally thought he would be more than happy to watch the game on his own, 100% alone like usual, but something in his gut told him to extend an invitation to watch the game to his newfound friend.

As Asher spoke his last words and awkwardly stood there in the rec-room, seemingly preparing to leave, Jack reached out to him and spoke. "H- hey Asher?" the boy said timidly, ""D- did you wanna come watch the game with me? Besides, I dunno if I can finish all of these snacks." He cracked a soft smile to Asher to let him know this invitation was genuine.

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Nervous

oh man.... there is no backing out now is there? What have I gotten myself into? Nathan thought as the idea of skating became reality. The knots in his stomach grew tighter he no longer had a desire to finish his food. "Its to scary..." he mumble quietly to himself at Felix's reply. But he looked over at the boy with a smile and a nod acknowledging the plan. Its not like he could very well make Felix feel bad for getting excited about it when Nathan was the one to ask. However something about Felix's eagerness made his nerves both better and worse at the same time. Nathan got his dishes ready to take to the kitchen it was clear to him that he would not be eating another bite tonight. Instead as he waited for the boy to finish Nathan just sat there trying to hype himself up trying to ease the nerves a bit and find some sort of excitement.

In the end it wasn't a complete waste of time as by the time Felix had finished eating Nathan had managed to get the nerves to a manageable level and was not constantly forcing his smile. He was somewhat excited to try but that wasn't quite enough to trump his fears. Once Felix was done the two boys took their dishes to the kitchen so the staff could get them cleaned up. Then before Nathan even knew what was going on as if things went by in a blur. Nathan was sat outside with Felix getting the pads strapped onto his slender limbs for the second time today. However this time Nathan might actually need them.
coded by reveriee.

Asher
Miller
Happy

Asher's face lit up as Jack extended his invitation to join him. He tried to hide it but his emotions had moved too fast and he was stuck standing their with the goofiest grin on his face for a few moment before he got control of himself. Okay Ash don't sound too excited don't want to scare him Asher thought to himself as he took a small but deep breath in " Umm.. Yeah that sound like it could be fun." thats right Asher calm and collected not like a lunatic who's night hung on weather or not he got to stay he congratulated himself as he started walking over to the couch. "yeah I wasn't sure what kind of snacks you liked soooo I just figured a wide assortment would be best." he added as he took his seat next to Jack on the couch.

He popped open a soda taking a swig from it as he tried to settle in but found himself in a weird dilemma. It seems Asher could not decide what a proper distance between him and Jack on the couch was. He didn't want to sit to close and make him feel uncomfortable but he also didn't want to sit all the way on the other end. So instead he nervously shifted around for a few moments Asher your making this worse he's going to notice something is up and its gonna be weird just stop moving!!! Asher screamed at himself in his head. He couldn't understand why this all seemed so hard for him Jack was far from his first crush. He figured he was just extra nervous cause he had screwed up so horribly earlier and didn't want to mess anything else up.

Finally Asher stopped fidgeting and leaned back to settle in with about a foot in between him and Jack. Asher cleared his throat a bit as he prepared to talk " Soooo. I must confess I am not too familiar with hockey I know the basics I guess? I guess I know they skate, they try and get the puck in the goal and its pretty rough. But beyond that I have no clue what is going on." he chuckles a bit as he takes another sip of his soda and grabs some chips from a bowl on the table.
coded by reveriee.

Jack smiled as he saw the look on Asher's face once he had invited him to watch the hockey game with him. It seemed to really brighten his day, and judging by the goofy smile the boy had on his face, he could tell that Asher genuinely enjoyed Jack's company. The boy smiled as Asher took a seat next to him on the couch.

Jack cracked open a can of soda for himself and took a sip as he settled in on the couch and prepared to watch his favorite hometown team play hockey on the TV. After a little while, Jack looked slightly to his side where Asher was sitting. He seemed to shift about uncomfortably in his seat. "Is everything alright Asher?" Jack asked the boy. He wondered if maybe Asher wasn't into the hockey game and wanted to do something else secretly. He understood if that was the case, but also felt bad for taking the TV to watch hockey, something to his knowledge only he liked in the home. The boy had eventually stopped fidgeting but Jack felt obligated to make sure his new friend was comfortable and feeling alright.

The boy chuckled a bit at Asher's lack of knowledge but slight interest in the game of hockey. Jack didn't blame him for not knowing anything about the game since he understood it wasn't a huge part of everyone's life like it was for him. Jack laughed a little bit, "Heh yea, basically." He took a sip of his soda before speaking, "Essentially in laymen’s terms that's what they do. There's a bunch of little rules and stuff like icing and offsides, but those are a bit uhh- complicated to explain." He took another sip, "You see those guys in the teal jerseys? We want them to shoot pucks on the net with the goalie with the white jersey on in it. We also want our guys to rough up the guys in white if needed, without taking a penalty." Jack looked at Asher to make sure he was following him, giving him a little smile to let him know it was ok if he had no clue what the boy was saying.

Felix

Mood
Excited / Protective

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mentions
None

Felix was soo pumped for this! There was a chance his new friend would not only be interested in like taking photos of him skating, but might even join his games on them. He did kinda doubt it though.. Nathan seemed pretty cowardly and like most kids might try it one or two times and then kinda just give up. Chucked the skates under their bed till they eventually outgrew them. Or they'd play hockey, but he couldn't see someone like Nathan doing that!

Felix didn't care anyway. it was still gonna be fun to try and teach his friend, even if he wouldn't stick with it. The shorter boy unable to help but smiling enthusiastically to himself as leaned over from the step he sat on, pulling and tugging on the strap of his elbowpad tight around Nathan's scrawny arms ensuring a good snug fit that wouldn't slip at all. "Aaaand that's those ones on!" He excitedly commented looking to Nathan in his nervous green eyes before leaning back for a moment to grabbing the kneepads next.

"So like if your feeling like your gonna fall and hurt yourself, try and land on these, elbows or knees straight down or in the direction your falling. Try and not land straight on your hands, the wristpads kinda dig in if you do.." Felix starts going over bail technique as he worked on strapping on the kneepads. The boy pulling them securely and snugly around his friend's knees, each of the pads all having a pattern of scuffs and scratches from Felix's own falls. "It'll be scary but like- trust me, you wont feel a thing if they hit the ground first - You kinda just go bounce and skid." Felix motioning as she talked, constantly trying to look up as she spoke to make it easier for Nathan to understand him.

Knee pads fastened Felix sat up and smiled again. "How'd they feel, not too tight?" He asked feeling a little protective. "Don't wanna have 'em- like slip but don't wanna have 'em hurt either, kay?" Felix kept the helmet on his lap, and the skates off to the side on the steps besides himself. He wanted to first checked in first, start slow to make sure Nathan was okay. In hopes of clearing any nerves Felix just gave a supportive yet playful smile gently nudging Nathan in the side again. "Your already starting to look pretty cool you know?"

unknown.png

Last edited:
Nathaniel
Sharpe
Nervous

Nathan watched nervously as Felix helped get him all padded up the sutuation becoming more of a reality as each pad was strapped to his body. He smiled gently at the boy each time he lookked up following Felix’s words carfully. He had to admit the care with which Felix put everything on and his careful explanation made Nathan feel less nervouse as each pad was strapped to him. Allowing him to actually be kinda excited for what was to come. He belived Felix wasn’t going to let anything bad happen to him. Allowing him to actually be kinda excited to try somthing new.

All the pads were now on all that was left was the helmets and skates. Felix sat up seemingly admiring his work and checking to make sure everything was comfortable. Nathan gave a genuine smile and two thumbs up to let him know all seemed good to him nothing felt to tight but everything felt snug and secure. Surprisingly Nathan actually felt rather relaxed in this moment he blushed a bit as Felix paid him a compliment.

Suddenly though all the nerves and fear seemed to rush back into his body as he imagined his mom walking outside and seeing him all geared up about to put on the skates. He could see the fear in his mothers eyes as she began freaking out and then berating Felix for getting her baby boy to try something so foolish and dangerous. Something Nathan has never realized and even evading him in this moment was how much of his fear came from his mother she had always been very protective of him and that only got worse when his Father died. Nathans face flushed white as the seeming gravity of the situation hit him like a truck. All the possible bad outcomes flying through his head at once. He closed his eyes breathing deep trying to calm himself. Thinking this may be the worst decision he has ever made.
coded by reveriee.

Felix

Mood
Concerned / Protective

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mentions
None

Everything seemed to be going well. Pads secured, It looked as if Nathan was starting to calm down, basic bail lesson given. He watched as Nathan started having an actually smile on his face and not just nervously fidgeting. Nathan's blushing just making Felix let out a small laugh. Right two thumbs up, we're all good to go! The boy nodding to himself again before flipping the helmet over in his lap and quickly adjusting the size a little.

Felix was trying to not get too enthusiastic like he always did and scare Nathan off, not try and rush ahead too fast. He did get it, a lot of people get scared at this kinda stuff - even he got nervous sometimes trying new stuff but the excitement always won out for him - not so true for everyone else.
He was really happy about this though, getting to teach Nathan - just as he loved teaching other kids to skate back home, usually the younger ones. On his street be it teaching a kid to ride a bike, skateboard or rollerblade Felix was more than up for it. He did once try teaching one of the neighbour kids to backflip off their trampoline but his parents got pretty mad at that. They called Felix reckless and dangerous, even though he was there the whole time ready to catch the them - didn't really seem like that mattered to them. Even though Felix and their kid was just having fun...

Little did he know that his own thoughts were echoing in Nathan's mind currently until he looked up again from the helmet, scooting on the stairs to talk to him some more. "Kay so helmet's next. Really try and not..." Felix's excitement quickly fading to worry as he looked at Nathan who had suddenly gone from smiling to like he might cry, breathing hard, eyes closed and shaking again not able to even see and read Felix's lips.

Felix reaching out and placing a hand on Nathan's shoulder and gently trying to nudge him and snap him out of it. "Hey! Hey -like you okay?"
Keeping one hand firmly on Nathan's shoulder as he placed another on the inside strap of one of the pads just put on. "I promise your be fine, okay? You saw me out doing laps, spins, playing ball earlier, this is gonna be fun right? -And like if you look like your gonna take a bad fall, I'll catch you first! Kay..?" He tried being supportive, though Felix wore his heart on his sleeve here it was clear that seeing a friend so visibly go pale and upset like this clearly hurt him to see. Felix may not be the best at picking up subtle things, this was far from.
"-Like if you're really-really not up for this..?" Nathan able to feel as Felix hand grip the velcro on the elbowpad, ready to start removing the snugly fitted pads if he didn't respond to stop him.

unknown.png

Asher
Miller
Happy

Asher froze for a moment when it became clear that Jack had noticed his fidgeting see I told you, you were just making it worse now he thinks something is wrong with you He scolded himself in his head for acting so awkward taking another drink before forcing himself to respond. “ huh... oh yeah yeah im good sorry sometimes i just uhh have a hard time gettign settled... yeah thats it.” he spoke awkwardly trying to play it off but he wasn’t sure he had been even remotely successful.

“oh yeah offsides I know that one from soccer.... if its the same anyways.” Jordan was on the varcity soccer team at shool so he had beome pretty well versed in the world of soccer but never really any other sport. He had always liked sports to some extent but he also came to realize that it was more that he liked guys who played sports than anything. he chuckled a bit at the very dumbed down explanation that Jack had given “ yeah I know what teams are.” he shook his head clearly not annoyed just playfully jousting with the boy.
coded by reveriee.

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Nervous
  • outfit

As he felt Felix’s hand on his shoulder Nathan slowly opened his eyes he could see the worry on his new friends face and knew he needed to do something. To say something but he couldn’t he was frozen. Not even able to nod or shake his head. That is until Felix reached to start taking off the pads.

Nathan gently put his left hand on Felix’s to stop his movment while at the same time his right grabbed the helmet from Felix and quickly plopped it on his head. he winced a little as he basically slamed it on his head causeing a small amount of pain. Nathan knew he had to... no he wanted to do this sure he was scared but something was giving him the strenght to continue and he wasn’t going to waste it.

As Nathan tried to look at Felix and reasure him he was fine a bit of embaresment overtook him as he realized he couldn’t see. in his hastey movments to put the helmet on Nathan hadn’t realized it was backwards he chuckled a little as he turned to helmet around then looking into Felix’s eyes he smiled squeezing the boy’s hand lightly he mouthed “I’m fine, lets do it.” He was still nervous and the color hadn’t quite returned to his face but he was ready. Felix made him feel safe enough to try so thats what he was going to do.
coded by reveriee.

Felix

Mood
Concerned / Protective

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mentions
None

Felix was half-way through pulling one of the velcros undone off when Nathan stopped him. Felix's eyes snapping up to meet Nathan's again as he did so with this concerned expression clearly unsure what to make of Nathan's actions thus far. That was before Nathan then proceeded to grab the helmet and just lam it down onto his head, there being that brief moment of confusion and then laughter from both boys as they realised it was the wrong way. Felix was still pretty worried now but that defiantly helped ease the immediate tension. The boy shaking his head and leaning over to help adjust the little size dial at the back of the helmet and then doing up the clip under Nathan's chin.

Felix smiled a little bit seeing Nathan all geared up, and seemingly trying to muster his courage - squeezing his nervous friends handback. "Your sure your good? Worried you were gonna pass out there." He gently poked Nathan in ticklish spot in the side just beneath the ribs. He hoped a little more laughter even involuntary might help ease his nerves. Felix spending the next few minutes just making sure his friend was actually alright and felt comfortable before actually moving on.

Felix grabbed the skates and slid down a few steps to the bottom, now kneeling on the concrete ground as he loosened the laces and held the skates open for Nathan to slide his feet into. Felix had previously added a custom liner to his skates to help soften landings from the huge jumps he liked doing, meaning the insides of the hard-booted rollerblades were very comfortable and padded. Albeit with Felix being a size or two smaller than Nathan - making it a very snug fit.

Once Nathan slid his foot inside Felix went about the process of tightening them up, much the way he used to the younger kids or like a hockey coach might leaned over then secured between his legs, pushing to make sure the heel was properly in place as he pulled the laces tight and tied them off - before securing the ratchet strap across his friends ankle. The heavy aggressive-skates and securely fastened around Nate's foot and ankle. "Aaaaand done." Felix said with a smile on his face as he looked Nathan in the eyes with a excited grin.

He smiled for a moment still holding one of Nate's feet up as he just ran his hand along the track of wheels letting them freespin and lighting up the LEDs, allowing Nathan watch and see the lights glow from his foot. Felix then letting his foot down and moving to sit up besides Nathan again. "How'd they feel? Pretty cool hun, kinda spent a lot on them so..." Felix rubbed the back of his head a little with a proud grin. "But before you -like try standing you up. Wanna come down a step just feel roll 'em on the ground a bit." Felix sliding down a step as invited Nathan to do so - hoping to let Nathan get comfortable with the feeling of the wheels, and the admittedly heftier weight of his skates while remaining sat as well as a chance to hopefully get any more nerves out.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Jack shrugged his shoulders and assumed that Asher was just someone who had a bit of a hard time getting settled in. The boy decided to think nothing of it, and instead focus on watching and talking about sports.

He smiled as the boy told him that he knew of offsides. "Oh that's cool! Soccer huh?" he said smiling. The boy quickly blushed as he chuckled awkwardly, realizing he had tried to explain hockey like Asher was an incompetent 2 year old. He could tell that Asher wasn't mad with him and was joking, but Jack couldn't help but feel stupid. "Oh yea..." he said softly, still blushing a bit, "sorry, I- I probably shouldn't have explained it that dumbed down..."

Asher
Miller
Happy

" Yeah I don't really play... I know how to but I've just never really been interested in actually playing a sport I like to fool around though ya know Shoot baskets, Hit baseballs, kick a soccer ball around that sort of thing. but never really played a sport... My ex though he can play Soccer he's on the varsity team at school.... Freaking jerk that he is." Asher didn't look away from the tv as he spoke. Even without seeing how Jack may react to him mentioning his Ex Asher regretted bringing it up. Come on man don't talk about your ex in front of the boy you like that is a rookie mistake are you a rookie? Didn't think so.

"hey its fine I like listening to you... Even if your talking to me like I'm a toddler." Asher Smiles nudging Jack lightly with his shoulder. Asher returned his attention to the Tv he had never watched a hockey game before but it did seem like an exciting sport to watch... Key word watch Asher had tried Ice skating before and he was not interested in making himself look like that much of a fool again. He was rubbish at it and that was fine with him. "hey... Thanks... Thanks for giving me a second chance.... I'm glad we are friends now." Asher said as he stretched his arm across the back of the couch behind Jack. His arm not making contact with Jack but it being stretched out behind him made him feel good either way.
coded by reveriee.

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Nervous but calm

Nathan smiled at Felix as he continued checking and making sure Nathan was fine. Nathan leaned over grabbing his Ipad from where he had stashed it. " The truth?.... I'm scared.. really really scared... But I trust you and I want to try." Nathan didn't see any point in lying to his friend he knew Felix wouldn't give him a hard time for being scared and he knew he could trust the boy. Felix's reaction moments before had proven that to him. So he figured if he Felix knew he was scared maybe it would help things go smoother. Nathan glanced down realizing he was still holding on to Felix's hand this made him blush lightly but he honestly didn't want to let go. Those dreams however were quickly dashed as Felix poked him in the side where the boy already knew he was ticklish. Causing Nathan to jerk away from Felix laughing.

Nathan watched carefully as Felix helped him into the skates trying to memorize how it was done, mostly to keep his mind busy on something but also due to curiosity. Nathan could tell these skates where just barley a wearable size for his feet as they were quite snug but not small enough to hurt so he figured it was fine. He was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the skates were it wasn't what he expected but then again neither was their weigh. Nathan was a bit shocked at how heavy they felt. He watched as the wheels spun lighting up brightly in the early evening.

Just as suggested Nathan scooted down so the skates could make contact with solid ground. Rolling his feet around a bit as he sat there a small smile had grown on his face he was actually sort of excited to make the next move. He liked the way it felt as his feet glided across the concrete lighting up as they did. He looked over to Felix, Nathan could see the excitement in the boy's eyes man he's happy that I am trying this... he's adorable when he's excited like this!! He thought to himself before giving Felix a thumbs up showing he was ready to move on. After all he didn't go through all of this just to sit on the steps. Felix then began to help Nathan to his feet his feet sliding about slightly but staying under him and in control. What wasn't in control though? His legs they felt weak his knees wobbled as he tried to get and keep his balance. But he wasn't dead or seriously injured yet so that was a win as far as Nathan was concerned.
coded by reveriee.

Jack shrugged his shoulders and smiled, "Eh that's ok, some sports aren't for everyone. Like I don't play any other sports except for hockey." His smile soon faded though as Asher brought up a topic that Jack could tell clearly was, understandably, a sore spot for the boy. He decided not to talk at all about it and not to think about it. Jack hadn't been in any relationship before, but one or two of the guys on his old hockey team back at home had girlfriends, and one of them had broken up with their significant other. Jack remembered the negative toll the break up seemed to take on that particular teammate's mental health and even his playing out on the ice. Jack thought to himself in his head how he would never want to be in a romantic relationship, especially at his age. He felt he was too young to be thinking about those sort of things.

After a little while of silence, Asher spoke. Jack blushed a bit and smiled slightly, "Y- you do?" He never in a million years would have thought that anyone liked to hear him talk or let alone listen to anything he had to say. Although Jack wasn't one to talk much, and a boy of only a few words, he never would have thought anyone would value what he had to say, even if when ever he did talk it was only a little. In fact, Jack thought about how this is the most he had ever really talked to someone. Asher was a close second to one of Jack's good friends on his traveling hockey team. He remembered one of his only truly close friends, a boy by the name of Mitchell. Everyone who was friendly with him called the kid Mitch, so that's how Jack remembered him as. Mitch was pretty much the only person in his life that he had gotten close to and formed a close relationship with, so much so that he opened up to the kid about different sort of things he was feeling. Jack, usually quiet and reserved, tended to bottle things up and keep them to himself. With Mitch, the boy had a special relationship with. They had grown close to each other, ever since they were young. Jack remembers playing with Mitch on his first ever hockey team back in the pee wee league when he was really young. Since then, the boys had often gone over to each others houses, their parents often signing them up for the same travel hockey team. Mitch was on the last team Jack was on before his parents died and he was sent to the home. Jack never had a friend quite like Mitch, and missed the dirty blonde haired boy he used to hang out so often with. Although Jack was a boy of few words and never talked much to really anyone, Mitch was someone Jack found comfort in talking to.

Jack smiled as Asher told him how much he enjoyed his new friendship and company. The boy took his eyes off the TV temporarily and looked at Asher, "Hey n- no problem. And I guess I should be thanking you because of all this stuff you did to make up for earlier. You did more than enough man." He smiled realizing maybe having one friend around in the house wouldn't be so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back