• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Salem High Characters

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I’m so glad you like him! Now, I wanna create another character BUT I don’t know if I should do a student or a teacher? What do you think?
Like I said, character limit is 7 total. We do need more teachers and human students, but you can make whatever you want. We currently don't have any fae or mythoi characters though, so if you want to do something nobody else has done yet, you could give that a try.

Daxlan Daxlan Great character! Love his backstory! A little confused as to why they didn't go to a healer or a supernatural-friendly hospital, but I guess people don't really think about that kind of stuff when they're overwhelmed. Anyway, he's accepted!

Username: PyroMonomania

6833A267-B5C7-4594-A4A1-461D3AEA3476.png

Name: Tsubasa

Full name: Tsubasa Akeyama (Mr. Akeyama)

Species: Human-Medium

Ethnicity: Half Japanese

Family: Unknown Father/Mother (deceased)

Birthdate: 2/02/1989

Sex: Male

Distinguishing features: Has long black hair that he wears in a high ponytail. It’s tied with a braided red string with a jade bead on each end. He wears a Japanese protection charm around his neck under his clothes.

Height: 6’1

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Relationship with family:

None. Mother is deceased and he has no siblings. Never knew his father.

Personality:

Tsubasa is a hothead who can easily get riled up while also being a serious and strict person. He has a strong sense of justice and will take nobody’s shit. He is a blunt straight to the point person and will not tolerate being walked in circles. When riled up he has a foul mouth and may resort to violence if pushed far enough.

Tsubasa is half in denial about being a medium and will often blatantly ignore the supernatural stuff going on in front of him. Though he may make some offhanded quips about what he’s seeing.

As a teacher he is that one teacher that no one wants to hand in a late assignment too. Strict and easily angered, students are intimidated by him, making him rather infamous in the school. Despite is foul reputation he is good at teaching.

Backstory:

Tsubasa was a son to a single mother, he had to practically raise himself as his mother was delusional and convinced that his father would come back to get her out of her out of the slums. Using kendo championships to earn himself money he paved his own way through life. One day his mother committed suicide and Tsubasa couldn’t stop seeing her and was convinced he was hallucinating due to the stress of her death. Eventually he started to see other ‘hallucinations’ and tried turning himself into a psychiatric ward. He quickly left when he noticed some of the doctors literally turning into monsters. Convinced he has schizophrenia Tsubasa did his best to completely ignore any weird things he sees. After a tsunami hit where he lives and nearly dying because of it, Tsubasa had to leave Japan due to the overwhelming amount of emotion present that the tsunami caused and the rising amount of hallucinations (ghosts). Moving the America for a fresh start, he gets himself a teaching license but due to his sour attitude, even during interviews, he kept getting denied jobs. Only Salem High accepted him and was very disappointed when he notices that half the students and most of the other teachers are monsters. Though he won’t leave the job due to this school being the only one that accepted him.

Skills and abilities (Powerful Medium):
  • Can see ghosts and ghouls
  • Can see through illusions and disguises
  • Can see the past of a location if there are strong emotions present
  • Weak empath abilities: He can sense the general emotion coming from a person but nothing too complex
  • Is very difficult to possess
  • Physically strong
  • Great with swords
  • Knows self defence
Weaknesses:
  • Can’t tell ghosts from living people
  • Can easily get riled up
  • Can be very impulsive
  • Sensitive to strong emotion
  • Can be very grouchy
Fears:
  • Water
  • Failing to save someone
  • Being unable to live life normally because of his “schizophrenia”
  • Sweets
  • Fluffy animals
  • Soap operas (though he’ll never admit it)
  • Waking up early (always one of the first to arrive at school)
Dislikes:
  • Bullies
  • Idiots
  • Unmotivated people
  • Weak excuses
  • Halloween (has a more difficult time differentiating real people and ghosts)
  • Rain
Friends:
  • No one so far (He’s bit of a loner)
Enemies:
  • The students (especially the trouble makers)
Relationship status: Single

Romantic interest(s): No one

Sexual orientation: Demisexual

Romantic orientation: Panromantic

Style: Buisness casual

Dorm Building/ Room: N/a (Lives in a nearby apartment)

Other: Teaches Math, Physics, Biology

Face Claim: Kanda Yu (not my art)

Coralie.jpg

【Username: User】

【Name: Coralie Mazzeo】

【Species: Human - A Normal One】

【Ethnicity: Italian】

【Family: Rosanna Mazzeo & Antonio Mazzeo 】

【Age: 15】

【Birthdate: 9/12/03】

【Sex and Gender: Female】

【Distinguishing Features:
- Her eyes are typically sharp and appear as though they are always glaring at someone
- This is not a permanent feature, but her knuckles are usually bruised】

【Height: 5"4】

【Alignment: Lawful Evil】

【Relationship With Family: Extremely Close】

【Personality: To most of the supernatural - since Coralie despises those who are considerably stronger than her - she is hostile. However, to those she is acquainted with, she is distant. If she is close to you, Coralie will become extremely protective and will choose that your side no matter what. In general, she is blunt, yet leans on the emotional side. Morals are important to Coralie.】

【Backstory: To put simply, Coralie grew up in a tight nit community in her birth country, where everyone knew each other and took care of each other. The community could be considered a mafia-type situation, but was never official. She, much like with everyone else in her family, loved her brother dearly. One day, her brother wound up dead at her front door and instantly the close community began pointing fingers in violent directions. In order to close the chaos, the adults decided to blame the brother's death on a werewolf. This caused Coralie to grow up resenting the supernatural, but werewolves especially.】

【Skills & Abilities: She can be manipulative/persuasive, a considerably good street fighter, and good planner.】

【Weaknesses: When Coralie gets into a fight of any kind, she will stop for those she has a strong connections with or for those she respects. She tends to get irrational and sloppy the more frustrated she becomes. And she's a human.】

【Fears: Any sort of authority, anyone remotely stronger with her (to this fear she responds in irrational ways), failure, and having the ones she loves hurt. 】

【Likes: Loyalty, Fights, Clocks, Chocolate】

【Dislikes: Those who are stronger than her, the supernatural, failure, being forced into situations when she's already decided she will fail.】

【Friends: Most likely the other rare human people】

【Enemies: Even though it might be one-sided, the supernatural.】

【Sexual Orientation: Asexual】

【Romantic Orientation: Biromantic】

[Class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// // these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well. // // These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images// // # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// // or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code// // When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#EFEFEF; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

Interacting:
[/div]
[div class=Info]
@ tag
[Div class="Line"][/div] Mentioned:
@Tag
[Div class="Line"][/div] Loaction:
Location; Action
[Div class="Line"][/div]

Character Sheet! [Div class="Line"][/div]

Username for both Sexvra & Ranecia: Winterscoutus23

Author’s note: I will be adding in more later! Just wanted a feel for the roleplay first (:
1:
Name: Ranecia de Mancini

Species: Human

Sex: Female Gender: Female

Ethnicity: Italian-American

Height: 5’4

Skills | Abilities: Parcour, Tae kwan do

Fear: Losing her sister

Strengths: People, socializing

Weakness: Chocolate, any supernatural/experienced fighter

Likes: Chocolate, dancing, parcour, debate (but is bad at it), singing (in the shower) and going on adventures

Dislikes: Her ex, drunkards, her 'mother’, police officers and lustful people

Style: Airy, summery/spring like; winters are brutal for her

Other: Speaks with a stereotypical Italian swing

Family:

Father (decease)(if anyone is up for plotting something like finding a fatherly figure or something pm me (: )

Mother - N/A

Sister- Nacao de Mancini

Tracia Karenvinski - ex girlfriend

Alignment: Lawful neutral

Relationship with family:

Ranecia overall has a very good footing with her family. She was on good terms as daddy's angel before his passing by keeping her nose clean and promising to not end up in the spot that became his deathbed. Nacao had taken over as the primary caregiver, continuing on by flourishing her father's hard earned empire. Despite her father's constant appraisal toward Ranecia about following the law and blending with the crowd, Nacao sees the exact opposite. By pretending that their family name was never once called upon in both admiration and fear would be an insult to the family legacy. Since the passing, Ranecia had been expected to develop a mafia mindset to take over large amounts of territory the school being the elder sister's primary focus.

Personality: Ranecia is an upbeat individual who is open to any and everything. While she continues to strive to attend every class on time, get good grades and make nice with everyone, a part of her urks for a bit of an adrenaline rush. Something that would make her jump back only to rush toward the source. The Italian prides herself in being a dancer. An odd tango between modern ballet and a bit of ballroom dancing, Ranecia is nimble and flighty - making her rather hard to pin down in scuffles. While she is a peacemaker herself, the female's very last name seems to bring about rage by those who had been afflicted generationally by her father's antics.

Backstory:

Everything revolves around the sisters' father's passing. Prior, the family lived a pretty ordinary homelife. Ranecia went to school while Nacao spent her school days obsessing over her father's work. Due to the mafia's influence, their father was able to forge an entirely new identity for his girls so that they can walk the streets without so much as an inkling of suspicion from authorities or civilians alike. Unlike her older sister, Ranecia took no interest in her family's work and sought to become a product designer or work in computers - something that would allow her to continue with her life without any future entanglement with the law.

Following Mister de Macini's passing, things started to take a turn for the worst. Civilians jeered their faces in public only to have the hostility follow the sisters home. Blackmail and threat letters poured by the thousands at their door front each with growing resilient than the last. Ranecia, in face of all of the hate had wanted to continue with her education as a normal human being.

For the longest time, Nacao would simply scoff and encourage her sister to take the empire with her but Ranecia would simply decline each time. Her focus was strictly on a legal money making career. Eventually succumbing to her sister's wishes, Nacao made arrangements for Ranecia to attend Salem High where their name was virtually unknown to other creatures. Leading upto the days of packing and departing, Nacao had educated Ranecia in different fighting styles, fire arms and disengage tactics for her peacemaking sister.

Relationship Status: Single (would prefer to see personalities mingle rather than plot this)

Sexual/Romantic Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-romantic
Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d9/ab/2c/d9ab2c7a648098af54302cf1b3b9c38d.jpg

Username: WinterScoutus23

Name: Sexvra Highenfield

Species: High Elf

Ethnicity: Belgian

Family: Mother & Father

Birthdate: February 4th

Distinguishing Features: Pointed ears extending backward and a few inches beyond his head, pale white, adorned in royal attire

Height: 6’4

Alignment: Neutral Good

Relationship with Family: Excellent ( a bit too good)

Personality: Sexvra, in very simple terms, could be described as posh and extremely hygienic. to those who are interested in learning in his class, the elf demonstrates relentless energy to make sure that they are up to speed in his class.

Backstory:

Simply put, Sexvra was born into a family of royalty. Both a caring mother and a doting father as well, life was of absolute comfort beside the rest of his elven brethren. It was not until news of attempts of intermingling humans & supernatural into the same environment had been brought to the attention of the Highenfield Family’s attention. Humans, despite their reputation among others, were somewhat welcomed in royal family’s eyes. They simply need an opportunity to disprove the notions held against them and all would be well.

Fortunately, the event’s timing could not be any better. Just two days prior, one of the many human ambassadors had just left the pristine castle on a very good note with both the family and the elven people, leading to the belief that there is some sort of misunderstanding. Using their power and influence, the individuals had decided to send their only child, Sexvra to join the Salem High School as a teacher. There, the individual would work towards getting the variety of species together to cooperate.

Skills and Abilities: Healing capabilities & a few smite spells for defense, hand to hand combat

Weaknesses: Cannot, for the life of him, use a bow & arrow

Fears: Getting dirty (of any kind), tarnishing his family name, losing family wealth, being disowned

Likes: Tuna, being clean, sparring, intellectual conversation, students who are willing to participate

Dislikes: Specisits

Sexual Orientation:, Asexual

Romantic Orientation: Aromantic

Style: White enlaced vest with silkened black pants, a rapier on his side when at home, in class he would wear a comfortable slacks and a button down

Dorm Building/ Room: Has his own apartment

Appearance: Google Image Result for https://i.paigeeworld.com/user-media/1452988800000/568e9e66dd0e3e7b0bc2bce8_569b70c49f8a515624f4d9ba_320.jpg

[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div] [/div]

Last edited:
Beleth Beleth Everything looks good for Ranecia, except for Al Capone having died over half a century ago. Is she not a normal human being, because the wording of the backstory confused me.
As for Sexvra, he won't be allowed to carry his rapier on campus, he will have to wear modern human attire if he wishes to teach joint classes or otherwise interact with them, and elves do have ethnicities, but other than that, everything looks in order. I do hope you realize that high schoolers will tease him incessantly for having the word "sex" in his name, though.

Beleth Beleth Everything looks good for Ranecia, except for Al Capone having died over half a century ago. Is she not a normal human being, because the wording of the backstory confused me.
As for Sexvra, he won't be allowed to carry his rapier on campus, he will have to wear modern human attire if he wishes to teach joint classes or otherwise interact with them, and elves do have ethnicities, but other than that, everything looks in order. I do hope you realize that high schoolers will tease him incessantly for having the word "sex" in his name, though.
That's a good ... question. For Sexvra first, I'll make sure he keeps the rapier off campus. The name was partially intended to get poked at (though if its inappropriate for the roleplay I can change it). As for attire, I'll put 'em in human attire. I'll check an ethnicity for him!

Ranecia - I forgot about that. Frankly I just wanted a badass mafia daughter thing going on xD perhaps some name changes are in order!

Awesome! Accepted!
Still a little confused by these phrases, though.

Also, they do need alignments. The only reason the principal and vp don't is because they're NPCs.

So 'normal human being' was referring to being able to continue with her education without having to worry about people pointing and jeering when she showed her face in public. ("Ugh your family ruined mine" type of thing); 'virtually unknown to other creatures' meaning in her hometown the family name she held struck terror to those who had either been affected or heard of the mafia's capabilities. The town was primarily humans so Ranecia's family reigned more terror. However in a school far away from all the drama, she would be able to start fresh (i'm really sorry for terrible wording)

So 'normal human being' was referring to being able to continue with her education without having to worry about people pointing and jeering when she showed her face in public. ("Ugh your family ruined mine" type of thing); 'virtually unknown to other creatures' meaning in her hometown the family name she held struck terror to those who had either been affected or heard of the mafia's capabilities. The town was primarily humans so Ranecia's family reigned more terror. However in a school far away from all the drama, she would be able to start fresh (i'm really sorry for terrible wording)
No, it's fine. I'm just trying to make sure I understand where your character is coming from. I think I get it now, but just to be sure, does her family have suspicions of some of the people in their town not being human, or are you, as the roleplayer, clarifying that not everyone in the town was human?

No, it's fine. I'm just trying to make sure I understand where your character is coming from. I think I get it now, but just to be sure, does her family have suspicions of some of the people in their town not being human, or are you, as the roleplayer, clarifying that not everyone in the town was human?
Just me clarifying as the roleplayer. She has no idea nor her family have any idea of non-humans existing

(PICTURE NOT ADDED YET REMIND ME TO FIND ONE)

Username:
CarterS

Name:
Parker Hastings

Species:
Magically-attuned Human - Medium

Ethnicity:
British

Family:
Mother, Father, Alice (twin sister, deceased, ghost)

Birthdate:
21/6/02

Sex:
Male

Distinguishing Features:
TBA

Height:
5'8"

Alignment:
Neutral good

Relationship with Family:
Close to his parents, and very close to his sister.
Even before her sister's death they were almost inseperable, doing all the same things. They spent a lot of time together since they didn't grow up around a lot of people. A lot of Parker's personality and motivation comes from Alice. After her passing she became a ghost, and watches over Parker.
His parents are concerned about his abilities, but still want to remain close to him, and try to. understand

Personality:
Parker appears at first glance as a stereotypical polite, noble, British boy. He does fit that quite well but of course he is deeper than that.
Despite his quiet upbringing, he's quite sociable and loves to make friends. He cares a lot about people's feelings and tries to please everyone.

His attatchment to his sister's ghost drives people away as he often forgets that she isnt visible to others. Despite his caring for other people, he is very protective of his family and his status in the supernatural community.

Backstory:
Parker grew up in a large home in the British countryside with his parents and sister. The home he lived in had no previous occupants and his area was very secluded, so he didn't encounter his abilities until he was 14. Any interactions with the dead were written off as bad dreams or vivid imagination.

His parents were very wealthy and well educated, and home-schooled Parker and his sister until his enrollment in Salem High. He lived a pretty good childhood, with plenty of fond memories.

His sister was diagnosed with a severe terminal illness when they were 13. Parker and Alice were extremely close, almost creepily, so when Alice started to deteriorate it was awful for them both as they could not spend time together like they used to.
A few weeks after their 14th birthday, Alice passed away from her illness.

She did not leave this world though, but remained as a Ghost, to look after Parker. That was when Parker discovered he was a medium.

Skills and Abilities:
- Can see and speak to ghosts and ghouls
- Can sense if there's a lot of death in an area (e.g if there was a big tragedy at a location)
- Is very well educated in human subjects

Weaknesses:
- Too empathetic, doesn't like letting people down which can lead to him being manipulated
- Forgets others dont share his ability, leading sometimes to frustration.
- Can't cope without his sister

Fears:
- Being left alone
- His sister disappearing (tied to the first fear)
- Hospitals (the overwhelming feeling of death over the place)

Nature, forests, rivers etc.
- Large gatherings
- Sitting in front of the fire

Dislikes:
- Secluded areas (the reason he likes nature is because normally he would be with his sister, making it different to him than other empty places)

Friends:
Open to anyone :)

Enemies:
None so far

Relationship Status:
Single

Romantic Interest(s):
None

Sexual Orientation:
Asexual

Romantic Orientation:
Panromantic

Style:
Dresses in jumpers and warm coats and scarves during winter.
During summer he dresses very simplistically, he's content with just shorts and a tshirt.

Dorm Building/ Room:
TBA

Other:
TBA

Face Claim: TBA

I hope everything is ok with this, I changed some stuff so if there's any contradictions please let me know!
And sorry about no pic yet Ive yet to find something

5d9c1c83a75c55f003973499ba8b85aa.png

The Masked Revenant, and Homeroom Teacher
44250771_1857520027696210_7476662851080290304_n.jpg
The Basics of Professor Ramirov

Username: Literary Revenant

Name: Sebastian Xelon Ramirov

Species: Human Socerer - Draconic Revenant

Ethnicity: White, born in Galan - Fraizyurne. (Vian's equivalent of Russian)

Family: Kateryn Ramirov
Valez (Dubbed Valezeil)

Birthdate: Year 780 of the Celian Age. What? Oh we're not in Vian... January 3rd, 1990.

Distinguishing Features: Eyes that constantly glow Red. His skin alternates between normal body temperature and freezing cold.

Height: 6'2"

Alignment: Neutral, his highest concern is keeping himself alive and getting home.
The Secrets of our Professor

Relationship with Family: Sebastian lost his family after his dimensional transportation spell trapped him in an entirely new world. Before the accident, Sebastian was incredibly close to his sister Kateryn. Inseperable since the death of their parents, Kateryn and Sebastian stood by eachothers sides through Death and beyond. Sebastian is incredibly lonely without his family.

Personality: Sebastian is a depressed person who prefers to keep people away so they don't experience his horrors. Being from another realm entirely, Sebastian was forced to learn entirely culture and way of life involving the technologies and customs of Earth. When confronted by people, he will fake happiness and portray positive illusions to be as welcoming as possible. Back in his homeland, Sebastian was a soldier and arbiter, he likes to make decisions for other people even if he doesn't like it. Lastly he is protective over all he stands for, including his family name and currently the name of Salem High. Ultimately, Sebastian longs to be home.

Backstory
Backstory: Sebastian was born the adopted child of Sean Lauromont, a Sorceror from Frostburne. He inherited the gift of magic so he was automatically forced to start training at a very young age. By the time he was 14, Sebastian himself was collected into the legendary Magic Emporium by his father. (The actual circumstances of this remain a mystery but he is considered to be collected.) Sebastian endured endless lectures and training sessions taught by his adopted father, who was a bitter man. He very quickly became a star pupil, mastering two of the three forms of Vian magic in record time, being especially gifted in Illusion magic. When it came time for Sebastian to graduate he was only 14, and deemed to have the power equal of an Archmage. His Father Sean found work for Sebastian as a Court Sorcerer for the esteemed Olverstein family.

In the beginning everything was simple, stand in a courtroom, be a good host for visitors, maybe impress the children with his magic. His master, Count Thaniel Olverstein, was also a master of magic, particularly Change and Alteration magic. He grew fond of Sebastian, introducing him to his daughter, a lovely young lady. She was incredibly beautiful, powerful, intelligent, incredibly influential in Joten's political affairs. She was even Adept in magic, just like Sebastian. She and Sebastian quickly became an item. For many years their relationship grew closer and closer until one day, she proposed that Sebastian marry her, granting him nobility and a true family to call his own. Sebastian hastily agreed, and arrangements were being handled.

However, there was a change. Count Thaniel grew distant, becoming obsessed with Power, and something called Ramir. He spent every waking hour in his study, hardly ever eating, even his daughter noticed a coldness brewing in his heart. Count Thaniel started to send Sebastian on secret missions to gather information regarding this Ramir topic, donning his infamous mask. Attacking scholars, raiding libraries, even going as far as capturing historians suspected of knowing anything about Ramir, quickly giving him the title of Masked Vigilante. These resources gave him knowledge of this Ramir somewhere in Sebastian's Homeland of Frostburne.

In the Shiverpine Forest located deep within Frostburne, Sebastian followed a lead said to be the location of this Ramir, and on Thaniel's orders was tasked with finding and retrieving this Ramir. He did not know that he was being followed. Deep in the heart of the forest found a special staff locked onto a strange ruined pedestal. It was a short cane like thing with a wooden handle and a dragon head shaped out of Silvethiin. Grabbing it carefully, Sebastian felt an unimaginable power surge through him, but he was ambushed by a mage wearing a black cloak and veil. This man was incredibly skilled in Illusion magic, casting several false images of himself to surround Sebastian. With unbridled fury, these illusions all threw bolts of fire at Sebastian. Uncertain of which one being the real attacker, Sebastian used the staff to create a circular ward around him paying close attention to the bolts of fire, looking for the slightest clue. He found it, one bolt struck the ward while the others merely dissipated. Directing the ward at his attacker, Sebastian easily dispelled the attacks, returning them with his own immense force. Realizing he was outmatched, his attacker used a Forbidden magic called Onyx Energy against Sebastian, breaking through the ward striking his heart.

The attack burned his very soul, setting it ablaze in black flame. In a desperate move, Sebastian used frostfire, a unique magic he learned from intense practice, to both extinguish the flames and blindly lash out at his attacker. He got lucky and struck his attacker with a shard of burning ice. With the attacker on his knees, the wounded Sebastian made the move to finish him off. However the masked attacker quickly drew a summoning circle of his own blood, and with it he summoned a red eyed basilisk. How in Elana's name did he summon a Basilisk, Sebastian did not know, but the situation grew grim very fast. Nothing worked against this enemy, its black armored scales absorbed any attack Sebastian threw at it, even his Frostfire bounced off like a rubber bouncing ball. Their advance was relentless but Sebastian continued his assault.

For a brief time, Sebastian was actually successful in defending two fronts against the Basilisk and his ambusher. Unfortunately it did not last long as he was fooled by another illusion and had his hands bound. Having his mask removed and eyes forced open with kinetic magic, the basilisk was able to gaze into Sebastian's eyes. What he saw was unspeakable, so horrible, the combined nightmares of a hundred men could not hold a candle to what he saw. The basilisk finished what the mage started in destroying his soul. To all of their surprises, a Dragon flew in like a white missile, smashing into the basilisk. The gust that followed sent Sebastian and his attacker flying with Sebastian crashing into a nearby tree. His body screamed in pain, but he wasnt dead yet. His eyes burned, and as he saw in his reflection on his mask, they were glowing red.

The Dragon, a beautiful being with White scales. It clawed at the basilisk, blinding it in one eye. Sebastian's attacker prepared another attack of Onyx Energy, but Sebastian tackled him down resorting to brute force to subdue him. Realizing he was beaten, the rogue mage used phasing magic to allow him the Basilisk to escape into the night.

He survived, Sebastian actually survived, but not for long. Death had him in his clutches. The world went black. No white light, no sign of an afterlife, nothing. Sebastian didnt remember much, he couldn't remember if he was even conscious. He did feel a jolt of life pulse through him. The soft beating of his heart, the world slowly came into focus. He awoke with his head in the lap of a young and beautiful woman with blonde hair. Her face appeared to have makeup stains from tears, odd as he didnt recognize her. Sitting not far away, was the White Dragon who had saved his life.

The woman introduced herself as Zerath Yavernsky, the last Vaskoliir of Aior's Brigade. She claimed to have been searching for him since she heard about his extraordinary feats from a local beggar who had witnessed Sebastian in one of his endeavors. Still weak, Sebastian asked why she had been trying to find him and more importantly how he was even alive. The gaze of a Red eyed basilisk should have killed him. The Dragon answered his question, speaking an oddly beautiful chiming voice. She introduced herself as Valezeil Daughter of Valenestrix and last of Clan Ramir, explaining that Sebastian was no ordinary man, but a Ramirov, a man who was born with Dragon blood. The last of an ancient line of Royalty. When she felt Sebastian grab the staff from its pedestal, Valezeil quickly realized his lineage and upon noticing his dire situation literally swooped in to save him.

After his death, Valezeil performed a ritual to share her soul with Sebastian to save his life. Binding her to him permanently, the greatest gift she could give. Feeling his strength returning, Sebastian lifted himself up, Zerath still hovering nearby in case he fell. His mind a maze of thoughts, unsure of what to do next. This dragon was of Ramir, that which Count Thaniel was looking for. She saved him after he was caught in the Basilisks gaze, and gave him new life. This woman Zerath had been looking for him, to which he inquired further.

Zerath answered calmly, she was looking for someone she could rely on to support a special project of hers. Time serve as Collector, teacher, and perhaps a friend. Without any hesitation, Sebastian agreed to help her. He could not return to Thaniel now, especially after dying in battle, who knows what reactions could come? He asked Valezeil what to do, to which she answered "Follow your heart."

His heart told him that he needed a new purpose, to serve a greater good. Perhaps he would find that with Zerath. Supporting his decision, Valezeil transferred part of her consciousness into the staff he carried so that they may never truly separate. Donning the mask once more, Sebastian followed Zerath through many trials and endeavors. Together they formed an inseparable bond as comrades.

However, Sebastian still carried the scars from that fateful night. His chest bore the shapeless scar from the forbidden magic, it still burned whenever he channeled immense levels of magic. The most haunting reminder of that day were his eyes. To this day they still shone a bloody red, and would occasionally show him visions of the Basilisk, and that Death Mage who had placed this terrible curse upon him.

How the hell did he get here?: After spending many years allied with what was called the Pentacle, a group of 5 elite protectors, as the Essence of Spirit Sebastian sought new magics to aid his kingdom in a time of war. His sister, Kateryn suggested he research into the forbidden magic of Phractieus, a sorcerer rumored to have a means of traveling to other worlds. So together they worked towards gathering every last piece of his research that remained within the Magic Emporium. Finding all the pieces he needed, Sebastian was able to decipher a ritual that required an immense amount of energy. Although Sebastian was a practical reservoir of energy, the ritual called for the energy from the Super Blood Moon, an event that happened only every couple decades. Luckily, with the help of his friend and member of the Pentacle, Aeliathanel, they were able to fasten a Faux Moon using incredibly volatile Star Magic.

A portal began to form, but the unstable energy of the Faux Moon was lashing out violently. A white tendril of light struck Sebastian, pulling him into the portal. What happened in the following moments were incredibly hazy, but Sebastian got incredibly nauseous really fast. Once the light was gone, his stomach purged itself onto a strange black rock like floor. Sebastian found himself in an entirely new world, one with hardly any magical energy... Atleast the kind he was accustomed to. He was relieved when he saw his Dragon Staff imbued with Valezeil nearby, so he clutched it tight. Suddenly, Metal boxes rushed by him, with white glowing eyes. Harsh horns sounded all around him, noises that he could never have dreamed of. One of these strange metal boxes was moving straight at him, and instinctively Sebastian attempted to create a kinetic wall to stop this thing but the mana here did not react to his will. Shocked, Sebastian gazed at his hand in disbelief, soon getting struck by the metal box.

It hit with the force of several horses at full gallop, sending him flying back a few feet crashing against a smelly box. Luckily he didn't feel anything break or go out of place, in fact his armor had absorbed most of the blow making him incredibly grateful for choosing padded scaled lamellar forged in the Dur'Volken mountains. A small man and woman came out from the metal box, which surprised Sebastian again. This place was not Vian, and it so far was not friendly. He tried again and again to conjure any magic, still nothing. Normally just his will would make magic, in a panic Sebastian yelled the words "Anas Throndas!" meaning 'Fire' and 'Ice' in his native Fraizyurne tongue. Finally, magic formed in his hands but was nothing like the Impetus Magicae he was accustomed to. This was not any of the three schools of magic he recognized, there was no calling of Arcane, no circles, just the shouting of a word to will.... something into existence. It was not fire or ice, but instead some alien force that was still magic.

The two people who came out from the magic box stopped instantly, clearly surprised but... not so much so at the same time. It was clear, they had seen this before, but perhaps not from him or people like him? Too many questions rushed his mind. The man, a short person with black hair and beard with the facial structure of exotic origin, spoke. His words were strange, but vaguely resembling something he had read about in Phractieus' research, a language called "English". English was supposed to be a common language, similar to the Jotenic Common except a different alphabet and meanings. The man asked "Hoooo Ah-Ree Yoooooo (Who are you)" Sebastian quickly deduced this to be a simple interrogative statement, and answered with his name in Jotenic "Sebastian Xelon Ramirov" Clearly satisfied with this answer, the girl thing asked "Waire-uh, did-uh Yooooo, come frumm? (where did you come from?)"

Should he answer that question? What if they were demons of some kind? Weird monsters of death and destruction. Well, he was in essence living death, a being who has refused death in countless battles. If their intention was to fight then he would fight too. However, they chose not to fight, instead they chose to speak. Sebastian soon submitted himself, relaxing somewhat. If he was to learn anything he needed the help of these.... things. Using an altered illusion spell, Sebastian cloaked him and the strangers, making it appear that some freak accident occurred. Through a long and rather difficult conversation, Sebastian learned the names of these people. Elizabeth Hollinghurst and Ren Kurokawa, Vice principal and Principal of some unusual high school, with high school being the equivalent of Sebastian's Magic Emporium training.

Sebastian shared that he was from a different world entirely, and that he came here to find new magic to aid his friends back home. He also shared that the ritual used required a special Super Blood Moon to create, as well as a natural reservoir of Arcana, neither of which were present in this world. He was essentially stuck in a foreign world with limited use of his magic. Somewhat touched by this story, Elizabeth proposed that they provide Sebastian a place to stay on Earth where he can continue his research. In exchange, he would teach at this special school of theirs. Ren seemed reluctant of this idea, clearly sensing the inhuman side of Sebastian. Masks do tend to do that with strangers, or had he glimpsed his red eyes, the Basilisk Curse? He did not know.

Ren agreed to these terms, and thus Sebastian became Professor Ramirov. Teacher of Advanced Placement Algebra, Advanced Chemistry, and Intro level Russian for the human students, while providing some magic training for those especially inclined. With lots of patience and help, Elizabeth taught Sebastian everything he currently knows about the world he appeared in, even how to pronounce Massachusetts correctly. Needless to say, without her Sebastian would be a hermit living in the forest near Salem. Sebastian still dons his mask and staff, keeping them forever close to him no matter what. They are almost all that remained of home, and he refuses to give them up.
The Closing Details of Professor Ramirov
Skills and Abilities: -A Master of 2 of his 3 schools of Magic: Impetus Magicae and Umbra Venificum.
-Incredibly good at what these people call Algebra. Also adept at alchemy, which he somewhat adapted for this worlds chemistry.
-An immunity to Death and Death Magic, currently untested in this world.
-The ability to read, write, and recite Draconic and it's sister language Draviinic.
-Can still conjure the frostfire of his homeland, and Dragonfire with the use of Valezeil.
-Able to cast illusions for a multitude of purposes.

Weaknesses: -His Red Eyes still plague him in this world.
-He lacks the Arcana of his homeworld, preventing the full use of his magic.
-Sebastian isnt the most social person, and still has trouble with the English language.
-All Earth magics especially black magic.
-Any vampiric abilities negate his illusion magic.

Fears: -Not being able to get home.
-All vampires.
-Basilisks.
-Death Magic.
-Anyone learning of his secret. (Being from another world.)
-Anyone attempting to remove his mask or staff.

-Practicing his use of Earth magic.
-Making strides to getting home.
-Not being pestered about personal details.
-Seeing a student succeed after his lessons.

Dislikes: -All vampires.
-Being alone and being separated from his friends/family.
-His magic failing.
-Pretty much all of the students.
-Ren Kurosawa, he still seems suspicious of Sebastian.

Friends: None in this world currently.

Enemies: -All vampires, especially those of the Gresit Coven.
-Anyone who bugs him too much.
-Students who dont do their homework, they get forced to do extra makeup assignments.

Relationship Status: "What the hell is a Relationship? I havent found one here!"

Romantic Interest: Currently no one in this world. (Is open to the idea.)

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Romantic Orientation: Heteromantic (Redundant)

Style: Sebastian wears heavy clothing, leather jackets and wool clothes. His style is definitely foreign, resembling a Russian tourist. When teaching the supernatural classes he wears his blue robes.

Living Arrangement: Sebastian lives in a pathetically small apartment about a 30 minute walk away from the school. It's a somewhat low class neighborhood, but safe.

Other:
Sebastian and the Vampire Coven - During the first few weeks of Sebastian being on Earth, Sebastian was introduced to their Supernatural Community. He was intrigued by one in particular, Vampires. Supposed immortal creatures with control over unique magics and potentially millennia worth of knowledge and experience. Strange creatures who apparently are blood eaters, very similar to certain creatures from his homeland. Perhaps with their knowledge, he could find a cure to the Onyx within his heart. To seek them out, Sebastian embarked to the homeland of the legendary Arucard, Son of Count Dracula which was somewhere in Brasov, a part of Romania.

It took him a short few days to arrive with the help of the magic flying box paid for by invisible money he borrowed from the Vice Principal. His journey felt unusually easy, the flying did not require any Griffon or Dragon maintenance. Still, it was ridiculously hard to get past this strange 'Airport Security', they were adamant against allowing Sebastian on without a Passport, I.D., or really any proof he was from America. Only with a clever illusion did he finally get past with both his mask and staff in hand.

This wasnt a time of war but he still feared an enemy ambush. His attire brought the stares of many people, making him incredibly uneasy. More foreigners. No one here spoke his language, and they all stared. It was then that Sebastian realized, their eyes were not normal. As Sebastian randomly walked to a seemingly older but beautiful part of town, the stars grew different. Unnatural colors, red, bright blues, some purples even. A couple even bared their teeth, showing fangs. Actual fangs, resembling the basilisks of his homeland.

Now fearing for his life, Sebastian readied some Earth Magic that he learned. Basic kinetic energy, but still something. One person, a middle aged man standing with the pride of a king, stepped out from the crowd, stopping Sebastian. His eyes pierced threw the mask, measuring the foreigner mage. The man spoke perfect Fraizyurne, something Sebastian thought was impossible.

He introduced himself as Kevin Rowan, a vampire master in the Gresit Coven. Kevin admitted to using a telepath ability to learn Sebastian's language and thus be able to share a common language. As he spoke, Sebastian felt Rowan's aura; a force so powerful the air was still. Rowan spoke directly, asking who Sebastian was and why he was here. Sebastian made a snide remark about how Rowan's telepathy, how he should have already known if he could learn his language. The man growled, making a gesture to the crowd. In an instant Sebastian was rushed by several Vampires. Using the rough magic, Sebastian blasted the vampires away, but one of them, a woman appearing in her 20s, climbed onto his back and sunk her fangs into his neck causing a sharp pain. Now panicking, Sebastian threw the woman off of him not entirely noticing the woman choking violently. Invoking his Dragonfire from within, Sebastian surrounding him in a circle of white flame, a rare moment where his moment was at maximum strength.

Shocked, the vampires immediately stopped. Finding an opportunity, Sebastian introduced himself as the Masked Revenant, Master of Magics, Harbinger of Ramir, and Denier of Death. The mouthful of titles seemed to frighten most in the crowd, but the 'Master' Kevin Rowan stood stoic amidst his kin. His fierce eyes turned soft for the woman choking on the ground between them. He picked her up gently, using a strange magic to pull the blood from her throat. Saving a drop of it, Kevin tasted it after a cautious smell. He furiously cast the blood aside spilling it on the ground, spitting the taste from his mouth. His eyes glew a deep crimson, the color of royal blood.

"You have dead blood!" He shouted in English. "You are a stain upon this world, and by the decree of Arucard vested in me by the Red King himself, I command you to leave and never return!"

Heeding those words very carefully, Sebastian closed the Magic Circle, keeping a few orbs of white flame floating by his left shoulder. He walked backwards until there were no vampires left behind him. He left the town never truly feeling relief or safety. The return trip was nauseating, uneasy. Sebastian could not sleep after what he had seen. Finally he was 'home' in Massachusetts. Upon entering his tiny apartment was the only time he felt safe, but he learned a few key things. The mysteries of this supernatural world are best left uncovered, and if what Rowan said is true that Sebastian has 'Dead blood' then it was only a matter of time before Korlaius would take hold once again.

0d927f7ff21bc5775433c1c7d564edbb.png
6e501a5eb431d49d880039782a4bd684.png
d42beb4bbac8fbad2d3f43efaeadf5c3.png
44126874_1857519817696231_19587331497394176_n.jpg
The Basics of this Couple

Username: Literary Revenant

Names: Kurona Mirunai + Sares Valiin

Species: Human (Magically attuned) + Human (NOT magically attuned)

Ethnicity: Japanese, Okinawan Descent + European of English Origin, from Lancaster England.

Family: Shano Mirunai - Father. Yozuna Mirunai - Mother. Tokono Mirunai - Older Brother.
Gregory Valiin - Father. Carol Valiin - Mother. Alex and Harry Valiin - Twin Brothers.

Birthdate: July 18th 2005 + December 8th 2004

Sex: Female + Female

Distinguishing Features: Kurona is partially blind and cannot see anything 5 feet away from her face. Glasses and contacts haven't helped much at all. Kurona has a large scar over her belly. When Kurona gets 'negatively' emotional, she can affect the local weather; in extreme cases sparks of lightning will shoot from her body.
Sares has bright green eyes, an unusual trait as most of her family is brown eyed. Since Sares functions as Kurona's guide and guardian, she has strengthened her body into an athletic masterpiece. Sares speaks both English and some Japanese to help Kurona in certain moments.

Height: 5'1" + 5'5"

Alignment: Neutral/Cautious Good + Good
The Personal Details of this Couple

Relationship with Family: Kurona is on very bad terms with her family, after the events in her backstory she is on the run from them.
Sares is also on bad terms with her family, after the events in her backstory she has been shunned by her family leaving her with no support at all.
Each considers the other their family.

Personality: Kurona is a shy person, also quite immature and in some times vulgar. Her early childhood has left her with many scars and she is frightened by almost anything that moves. Still, when she is in calm environments she is still a little girl at heart, and is trying to find as much joy that she can until she is forced to do what Sares calls 'Adulting'. In places of music, be it classical music halls or night clubs, Kurona loves to dance. Even though she is almost blind, she still knows how to move her body.
Sares is a very assertive person, not afraid to let her voice be heard in many scenarios. A natural leader even if she denies it, Sares can be very charismatic. Her many athletic achievements has previously attracted the attention of others, especially young boys who sought to make her their girlfriend. In these cases, Sares always gave them a polite rejection, claiming that her heart can't love. Sares loves to sing, and she occasionally works with Kurona to perform in small events for extra cash.

Backstory:
Kurona was born in Ishigaki Okinawa, Japan to a pair of reluctant parents. Considered to be an accident of passion, Kurona wasn't given the same love and attention that her brother Tokono was given. Ever since birth, Kurona was cursed with near blindness, not being able to see anything 2 meters (6 feet) away from her and everything within 1 meter being incredibly fuzzy. Unhappy with the extra burden, her father Shano insisted that they give Kurona up for adoption, only being forced to keep her by a judge's decision that it was a death sentence to send a blind child up for adoption. This led to a deep resentment for Kurona, no matter how hard she tried to make her parents happy. As a young child, Kurona was forced to learn several styles of both traditional and modern dancing. Surprisingly, Kurona mastered dancing quickly, becoming known in Ishigaki as a prodigy of dance. Taking advantage of this, Shano put Kurona on stage for tourists, using the money to create a better lifestyle for his family... besides Kurona.

Treated as the cinderella of her Family, Kurona grew up neglected and abused. By the time she approached womanhood, her father had placed her in questionable locations for her to perform at. One of the locations was the upper class gambling rink 'Returning Sailor'. This was the day that changed her life. She was assigned to be a table entertainer for elite friends of her father, dancing a somewhat sultry regiment. She was treated horribly by these men, groped, catcalled, disrespected. One of the men, her own father drunk on cheap Sake, struck her down after she accidentally stepped on his foot. Crying, Kurona looked for support from anyone, but got heckling laughter instead. Tears flooded from her eyes, and Kurona never felt more alone.

Mustering her courage, Kurona continued her dance. Soon, Kurona heard a lovely voice singing coming from the upper levels. She stopped her performance, her father demanding she continue. In her first ever act of defiance, Kurona pushed her father away, running towards the beautiful singing. With both luck and alacrity, Kurona found an elevator and with help of the bell boy, she got to the floor where the singing was coming from.
Running with zeal, Kurona chased the music, stumbling past many shocked and disgruntled patrons. In no time she found herself on a familiar floor, the smooth wood of a performance stage. There, she met face to face with a beautiful young girk wearing a gorgeous gown, putting her messy dress to shame. Kurona looked at the girl, out of breath, and said three words.

"Keep singing... please."

What ensued became known as: The Storm Concert. After the event, Kurona approached the girl, sweating excessively and her makeup ruined, bowing at the waist apologizing for her interruption. However instead of scorn and hatred, Kurona was met with kindness as the girl lifted her chin with a bright smile on her face. The girl hugged Kurona, much to her surprise. Kurona had never felt something so warm, she trembled at first not knowing what to do. She eventually wrapped her arms around the girl, hugging her back. They stood together in their embrace for a long moment, both feeling the other's heartbeat begin to race. Their moment was ended by the father of the girl, a rich man by the sounds of him. He called the girl away, leaving Kurona alone again before she could get her name.

Her Father Shano was not amused by Kurona's performance however, dragging the poor girl out by her hair, beating her senseless before taking her home. She was given no food that night, or any other night after for a whole week. Kurona couldn't leave her room or rather her prison. With no amusements or comforts of any kind it was little more than a jail cell. At last Yozuna opened her door allowing her to have simple rice pudding and water. Apparently she had to go to High School by order of the Government, and so she had been enrolled in a decent high school not far from their home. Using makeup to cover any of the remaining bruises, Kurona was dressed up in a Girl's School Uniform and sent out alone to find her school bus which luckily she did with the help of a neighbor.

School did not seem very exciting. Her blindness prevented her from enjoying any of the pleasantries and none of her classmates bothered to say hi to her. That is all except for one, the singing girl from the Returning Sailor. Sares Valiin, she introduced herself as. Overjoyed, Kurona hugged Sares again, unable to hold back tears. In order to prevent a scene, Sares took her outside to an empty hallway to talk. Obviously seeing the pain in her... well ... everything, Sares asked what had been upsetting her. Kurona told her everything, how her parents treated her poorly, used her as a means to make money but give nothing to her, the starving and worst of all the beatings. Rubbing off some of the makeup from her arm, Kurona revealed one of her many bruises, causing Sares' eyes to widen in both appall and shock. Sares' demeanor shifted. She took Kurona's hand and promised that she would never feel such pain anymore. For the first time in many years, Kurona smiled.

Later that day after class ended, Kurona was expecting her brother to pick her up and drive her home. No one came, Kurona listened as many left with their parents, often laughing with joy. Kurona waited and waited until it was no longer warm outside. Believing that she wouldn't be picked up at all, Kurona sought shelter inside the school, using her hands to follow a pathway with bushes beside it. She quickly found herself lost, soon to be the target of a group of senior boys. They appeared from nowhere quickly surrounded her, pestering her and asking her name. When Kurona refused to answer, she was struck down by one of them. Kurona immediately begged them to stop, and that's when she heard a familiar voice.

Her own Brother, Tokono ordered the boys to beat her.

Beat her they did, with no mercy or relent. The beating lasted forever, new pain reviving old wounds. When Tokono finally ordered his lackeys to stop, Kurona was a battered and bloodied mess. One of the men had an idea to violate Kurona, take advantage of her for quick pleasure. The 'ssshk' of a switchblade echoed louder than any noise and hearing it made Kurona panic. She begged for mercy but had her clothes cut off while the blade slashing her stomach, causing her to absolutely wail in pain louder than anything alive before Tokono covered her mouth with his hand screaming at her to "SHUT UP!". Blood oozed from the wound, Kurona sobbed with her voice muffled by her brother. During this time the boys were making advances towards removing her garments. To all of their surprise, Sares appeared from the shadows, shocked and pissed off more than a miser who lost their cash.

Initially, one of the boys demanded that she walk away lest she too face the same fate. In disgust Sares kicked him in the round tables, prompting the others including Tokono to attack her. Sares briefly held them off but was quickly overwhelmed. When Kurona heard the thud of a fist striking flesh she released a thunderous scream, lightning forking from her hands in a flash of blinding light. What happened afterwards was uncertain, the boys weren't heard but Sares' breathing was. Kurona crawled towards her apologizing with each shuffle she made. When she found Sares she was relieved. Kurona asked what happened to the boys, and Sares answered "They went for a walk, a long one."

Sares took Kurona to a private hospital, where she was given a hot meal, a warm bed and access to a doctor. Sares' father was not pleased, demanding that she be removed from their house immediately. Sares refused and eventually ignored her father, making sure Kurona was very well taken care of. All the fussy touching from the doctor wasn't too welcome, but by the size and softness of them they were a woman's hand which made her feel more comfortable. The stinging of alcohol wipes was no swell treat either. Still, everything that happened here felt immensely better than the pain she felt at her home. Sares never left Kurona's bedside, spending every waking moment with her making sure her recovery went perfectly. Sares would read stories, hum tunes, feed her, do everything for Kurona. One morning when Sares was wiping cookie crumbs from her face, Kurona took Sares' hand and said words that stuck with the foreigner.

"I don't want to leave your side again."

Sares agreed. Her father didn't though, and chose to have Sares sent off with Kurona to America where they would be out of site and out of mind. Apparently they made arrangements for becoming Kurona's legal guardian, as well as arranging judgement against her parents and brother. Eventually they found themselves in a park where a strange masked man sat on a bench reading a book. Kurona couldn't see his face or well his anything, but felt this man was important. So Sares and Kurona followed this man when he left, to a strange school called Salem and have walked hand in hand ever since.
Sares Backstory: Sares is the eldest daughter of the prestigious Valiin family, a rich family from Lancaster England. From birth Sares was given every luxury and advantage she could imagine. However her mother, a middle class woman, never allowed her to become fully absorbed into the world of the Elite. Still, that didnt stop her from earning the praise of the Upper Eschalon. At an early age Sares was recognized for having a beautiful singing voice. By age 6, she had been the forefront on Classical Music Youth, making her parents proud.

Music wasn't her only passion. Sares loves physical fitness and has participated in Track, Judo, beach ball and bicycling. Her crowning achievement was winning her first Judo tournament on her 11th birthday. There were no other times when she was happier testing her physical limits in morning runs and afternoon Judo sparring. As Sares got older, her prowess only grew, but father sought to arrange a marriage between Sares and the son of an Italian businessman, a young senior named Ernesto Giovanne. He was a charming and handsome man, with a wit sharp as obsidian. Although she initially protested this, her father insisted that she do so to continue his legacy. She reluctantly agreed, and during summer break she was flown to Italy to meet her new betrothed. The first class flight felt more like a death march, Sares had never once considered marriage. She wanted to be free, explore her own destiny in music. Regardless she held her head high, thinking happy thoughts for what was coming. Surely she couldnt marry until her adulthood, and that wasnt until another 4 years. Maybe this Ernesto Giovanne wasnt a terrible man and maybe they could make great friends.

After a 4 hour flight the plane touched down in Venice Italy. Sares was led by her personal nanny to the terminal. A short man surrounded by suited guards. He held beautiful red roses in his hand offering them to Sares. She politely took them, they smelled lovely. The man addressed with respect and suavity. He was a cool and attractive man, definitely a ten on the scale, aside from his height. Ernesto smiled while Sares could hardly manage a smirk. That night they shared a romantic dinner at an expensive restaurant where Ernesto shared a great deal about his life. How he and his father were incredibly close, how his father was a Spaniard, that he too was a prodigy of music as a violinist, and how he pictured him and Sares producing a loving family together including a flood of promises to treat Sares better than royalty. The entire night, Sares was not allowed to speak a peep. It was clear that Ernesto preferred his women silent.

The next morning Sares started her normal workout routine of a jog and calisthenics. Her nanny informed Sares about the possibility of Sares moving here permanently so that she and Ernesto can start bonding as a couple. Disgusted by the idea, Sares ran through the city trying to find the hotel her father was staying at. Dodging cars, nearly missing a few bystanders along the way. When Sares found the right hotel, after several errors, she heard from the hotel staff that her father had already left for England a few hours earlier leaving her trapped. Borrowing a phone from a nearby person, Sares called her father demanding to speak with him. The only thing that answered was a dial tone.

Ernesto found Sares kicking a nearby wall, appearing quickly as if premeditated to arrive at this time. His suave smile providing no comfort at all. In an effort to calm her, Ernesto offered to take Sares on a tour through the city to 'put your mind in a better place'. Sares reluctantly agreed, following Ernesto to his estate so she can clean up. With a flick of his wrist, a limousine appeared like magic. Like the gentleman he was, Ernesto opened the door for Sares allowing her to sit first. As she sat down Ernesto followed, sitting uncomfortably close to her. He snapped his fingers, speaking Italian to his driver. In an instant they were driving through the city. Sares half admired the beauty of Venice through the windshield paying no need to Ernesto, who again began talking about himself, this time about his ancestors and their history as soldiers for the Vatican. He slowly inched closer to her, placing his hand near her bottom. He leaned towards her, smelling her hair. Sares being inexperienced in these things did not know his intentions, she only found it strange that he liked the smell of sweaty hair.

They quickly passed through the busy streets, approaching a fenced enclosure housing an enormous mansion. His estate was indeed beautiful, appearing more like the U.S. Capitol Building with its white marble architecture. The courtyard had a gorgeous cherub fountain, flawless garden work; the Giovanne family clearly had a lot of money. An army of housekeepers, butlers and maids bowing as they approached. Sares broke from her grumpy vigil to admire the beauty of the estate. One of the butlers opened the limo doors allowing them to exit, Ernesto being the gentleman again and holding her hand out for Sares. Ernesto introduced each member of his staff, the last one being a young woman not much older than Sares who trembled on his approach. He introduced her as Anna, his newest maid who was a little clumsy. Sares smiled, shaking hands with the senior staff. When Sares passed Anna, the woman had a light tremor about her, noticing rough callouses and scabs on Anna's hands which she had hidden under her frilly outfit. Sares shrugged it off assuming hard work.

The following month was eventful. Sares lived in Ernesto's estate as his honored guest, spoiled to death by her suitor. In this time Sares did grow tolerance for Ernesto but never liking or loving him. On a fateful morning, Sares had just finished with her morning exercises and was showering in her private bathroom. She heard a slam coming from a room nearby, prompting her to cover herself with a towel to investigate. Dripping wet, Sares snuck in the halls following the sound of stuff falling. She found herself near the servants quarters, so Sares assumed it was Anna dropping something again. However, as she was about to leave and dry off a blood curdling scream changed her mind as she burst through the door finding Ernesto in the act of violating Anna. (Yes, that.) Mortified, Sares couldnt believe what she saw. Ernesto looked at his 'former' betrothed, changing his focus to her. In his mind he must've thought that a naked girl in a towel would be no trouble at all, he was wrong. Using her judo skills, Sares easily flipped the short man and broke his arm. She commanded Anna to make herself decent and get help. Within the span of 10 minutes the local police arrived with an ambulance to take Ernesto into custody. Spitting curses in Italian, Ernesto swore his revenge on Sares and her family before being taken away. After informing her father of the transgressions, she had her on a flight to Japan that day, where she expected to be in her parents care until their return to England.

Sares could not get the image of Anna's panic out of her mind, to think she was intended for such a pig of a human being. Worse that he might have been using Anna for such a vile purpose, who knows what else he could have done? Sares wanted to erase that thought but it proved difficult, so she turned to music. She asked her father if she could perform somewhere, anywhere to maybe put her mind away from the terrors she witnessed. He was hesitant and wanted her to simply rest but Sares insisted. He obliged, arranging for her to perform a small set at a local Casino. That night she sat beside the stage, a beautiful gazebo like structure on the roof of the building. It looked like it may rain but still a small crowd of rich gamblers and local elites arrived to witness the sudden performance; she was internationally famous it seemed. Swallowing any pain behind a mask of courage, Sares took to the stage and performed with the help of a small orchestra.

Just after Sares finished the song, a young Japanese girl tripped onto the stage from the side entrance. She was sweaty, she had recently cried. Her white costume like dress was stained with sweat and dirt. In her eyes Sares saw a wandering emptiness that didnt focus on anything yet when she found Sares, she looked directly at her eyes. In those silver eyes Sares saw immeasurable pain, and a longing for something. Sares saw those eyes before in Anna. A few of the stagehands moved to pull the girl away but Sares gracefully raised a hand to stop them. Tears streaming down her face, the girl begged Sares to keep singing. Not wanting to hurt the girl or disappoint the her crowd, Sares obliged creating what is now known as the Storm Concert.

Sares found peace in Japan. After the concert with the young girl, Sares became a local legend in the community. One of the attendees happened to be the owner of an esteemed Okinawan High School in Ishigaki, and he offered Sares a full sponsorship to attend his school. Sares gladly accepted this offer with her father's permission, making her move to Japan official. She spent the rest of her summer learning whatever Okinawan she could from a tutor until her first day of school. Her first day was exciting, many of the locals and fellow students were incredibly friendly and helpful. But perhaps the most remarkable fact was that the girl from the rooftop concert was there too. When the girl realized it was Sares, she burst out into tears sobbing uncontrollably. To prevent making a bigger scene, Sares grabbed the girl by the hand dragging her into the hallway to talk with her.

The girl introduced herself as Kurona Mirunai, a local dancer. By the skill Kurona has previously demonstrated, local legend was more appropriate. Kurona was very withdrawn, pulling back whenever Sares touched her arms. Kurona rubbed some makeup from her arm and revealed a large horrible looking bruise. She explained her life, how she is badly visually impaired and has been since birth. How she learned dancing and was forced to dance for money. How she is constantly beaten by her family, her father in particular; starved for sometimes a week at a time. How she has never truly been happy until she encountered Sares today and didnt know how to react, hence her crying. Sares couldn't believe what she heard, she believed that she could help Kurona and vowed to do so.

That day when school ended, Kurona returned home and spoke with her father. She told him Kurona's story, and asked that their family could support, maybe even adopt her. Untouched by the story, he shot down the idea immediately, declaring it a fools ambition. Sares insisted, that what she witnessed deserved action, and that their family had the resources to take action. Her father again refused, this time shouting furiously announcing he has 'had enough with your repugnant behavior.' Both enraged and heartbroken, Sares stormed off. Her father tried to stop her but Sares ran away, hoping to clear her mind. When Sares got far enough to not worry about it, she stopped running and recuperated. Night had fallen, and Sares found herself at her High School. She had felt a little gross from her run, and decided a shower would be nice; they are still open until the late night activities have ended. Sares got halfway to the showers when she heard horrific shrieking coming from near the Garden Committee building. Sares wasted no time and ran towards the sound.

Turning a few corners, Sares found the source of the screaming: a young girl next to a breaker box surrounded by a group of older teenage boys. It was Kurona! Her top had been shredded, revealing her bra, and she had a long gash on her stomach which was bleeding badly. One of the boys noticed her, yelling for her to simply walk away and pretend nothing happened. In her disgust Sares spat on the boy, which caused him to charge at Sares. She could flip him over, maybe break his arm. Trip him watch him fall, or rather simply kick him in the nether region. That she did, and Sares giggled as the boy fell to his knees crying like a girl. It was a mistake as the other boys rushed her, restraining Sares and punching her in the stomach and face.

Then something outright unbelievable happened, there was a thunderous scream followed by a blinding blue light with an electrical crackling. Sares was unable to see for a few moments but her eyesight recovered. The boys were nowhere to be seen, and there was no trace of them. No clothes, no blood, nothing. Sares crawled over to Kurona, finding her on the ground face first. When she touched Kurona she jumped but relaxed as she recognized her touch. She asked where the boys were and if they were coming back. As she was unsure herself, Sares replied saying that they had gone for a long walk. Using her phone Sares called an ambulance where she and Kurona were taken to her family's private doctor in Tokyo. Throughout this time Sares refused to be separated from Kurona, staying by her side through treatment and processing. To help comfort Kurona, Sares sang her songs, hummed hymns, held Kurona's hand during the worst of the treatments. When the doctor was done, Sares stayed with Kurona in the recovery ward never leaving her side. Kurona whispered that she never wanted to leave Sares' side again. Sares had never felt a warmer feeling in her heart and agreed with Kurona.

After being informed of what happened, Sares' parents arrived at the hospital recovery ward where Sares was. Her father was outright furious, demanding to know why she had gotten in trouble but as Sares tried to explain he silenced her. He declared Sares disowned, that her actions against Ernesto had caused several inconveniences in business and thus cost them a fortune in damages and lawsuits. The incident with Kurona being the last straw. He announce that he wanted nothing to do with her anymore, leaving her alone with Kurona and Sares' mother. Heartbroken, Sares cried, finding comfort on her mothers shoulder. Knowing full well that she could not stay in Japan after this incident with the missing boys and Kurona, Sares needed a new home. Her mother offered to have Sares live in her old home of Salem Massachusetts. Sares initially refused to go, but her mother extended the offer for Kurona to go under her guardianship believing that with Kurona's testimony she could win a lawsuit. In the following weeks the lawsuit was indeed won and Kurona was officially under the care of the Valiin Family. Thus Sares and Kurona moved to the U.S. together. Little did they know that together they would find a new exciting opportunity at the Salem Academy.
The Final Details of this Couple

Skills and Abilities: Kurona is adept at many forms of dance.
Kurona can speak near fluent English and Okinawan.
Kurona can read Braille.
Kurona has an ability to affect weather, only storms though.
Based on her emotional state, Kurona can conjure bolts of lightning.

Sares is a star athlete.
Sares can speak some Okinawan.
Sares is a talented singer, and occasionally performs small events with Kurona.
Sares has learned Judo, but isnt a master.
Sares still has some upper class connections.

Weaknesses: Kurona's Blindness.
Over dependence on Sares.
Kurona's social awkwardness.

Sares is overprotective of Kurona.
Sares is still young and inexperience in many matters.
Sares draws a lot of unwanted attention.

Fears: Being separated from Sares.
Her entire family.
Sudden loud noises.

Not being able to find Kurona.
Her Father.
Not passing math class.

Music, especially bassy music.
Comfy underwear
Snack cakes
Holding hands.

Kurona
Morning workouts
Learning something new
Rejecting boys.
Teasing Kurona

Dislikes: Teasing
Sour food
Brushing her teeth
Showers
Boys, atleast the touchy ones.

Pulling a muscle
Having to dress a lazy Kurona
Being naked
Rude boys
Being tickled.

Friends: Nice/Well mannered boys. Eachother. To be determined.

Enemies: Their respective families. To be determined.

Relationship Status: Romantically Interested with eachother but not yet involved.

Romantic Interest(s): Wants to Date Sares.
Is Fond of Kurona.

Sexual Orientation: Lesbian + Lesbian

Romantic Orientation: Lesbian, inspired by Yuri.

Style: Kurona, unless otherwise forced, prefers to wear skirts and loose fitting (flowy) blouse tops. Kurona prefers comfortable undies. Does occassionally wear a kimono with the help of Sares. Doesnt like any form of pants as it's hard for her to put them on. Kurona does have glasses, but they dont really help.
Sares enjoys stretchy fitted shorts for workouts. Sares likes cute underwear. For everyday use, Sares will wear skirts or pants with cute but practical tops.

Dorm Building/Room: To be determined. Can be put in a Joint Dorm room

Other:
Sares decided to perform her favorite song. Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey. She loved how it was about love that endured beyond when beauty fades. Kurona started by lying down, waiting for the music to start. As Sares started her song, Kurona started her dance. With her dance came storm clouds, rumbling above them yet no one retreated for shelter, they had been entranced by the performance. Kurona danced with such passion, the audience was unable to hold back tears. Sares was doing her very best to hold back tears, and continue her performance. But the most remarkable of all these things was that the heavens above seemed touched by this display of emotion and beauty. As Sares had hit the chorus, rain fell from the sky bringing with it thunder and lightning. Feats of flexibility and acrobatics met with crashes of thunder, flashes of lightning. Leaps and bounds of grace, like there was no effort in them, Kurona almost seemed to float across the stage.

Lightning danced with Kurona, gently crackling beside her sharing in this passion. Spins, kicks, strange things that seemed impossible for the human body, all of which were performed and adored. When Sares finished her song, Kurona had stopped catching her breath and with it the storm faded. Everyone in the audience got drenched in rain, yet no one cared. For a moment there was silence, followed by the storm of applause. Whistles and cheers, flowers and tears, all shared with the two girls on the stage. Sares was so touched by this random girl and her performance that she too cried allowing a silver tear to stream down her face. She took the girl's hand and bowed to the audience as they rose to their feet. A Japanese man came from stage left and took the girl away. Just like that, what was supposed to be a simple performance to clear the mind became a nationwide phenomenon known as the Storm Concert. A display of natural beauty with such life-like effects that it seemed impossible spectacular.

Last edited:
d6jul60-18e5a71b-18e2-4e31-9126-cb80cb5e175a.png
Art by Barukurii who I suggest you check out as they are wonderful

1546391414624.png

Username: Beebasaur

Name: Aaden Monahan

Species: Bog Body/Mummy

Teaches: Joint English, a Joint and supernatural Art Class, along with joint Spanish/French

Ethnicity: Irish

Family: Fiona Monahan (Mother), Connor Monahan (Father), Darla Monahan (Sister), Jana Monahan (Wife), Tag Monahan (Son), Keir Monahan (Son)

Age: Died when he was 37 but his body is many hundreds of years old

Birthdate: 1560 January 3

Distinguishing Features: His bright orange hair and beard and his lack of an arm.

Height: 6ft 3

Alignment: Neutral Good

Relationship with Family: He cares very deeply for them, and while he no longer mourns them he does get very emotional when they are brought up.

Personality: While many assume his a solitary man who'd rather be alone and would rip your arm off if you got to close he is nearly the exact opposite. He is a very friendly man, being more than willing to walk up to complete strangers and say hello, tending to treat most people as good friends before they have even met. Aaden is a jolly sort, knowing how and when to have fun. But don't be deceived as even though he is friendly and trusting he isn't naive. If deserved he can be extremely tough if needed having had two children of his own he learned when being kind wasn't the right choice. Though he may seem the perfect teacher he still has his struggles. Aaden often gets sucked into games, becoming very competitive with others and tends to be a sore loser. He is also very open about his opinions and views and while he doesn't force them upon anyone it can make it difficult to learn when he in the middle of a class goes on a tangent. Lastly Aaden is notorious for drinking alcohol, he has never gotten drunk on school grounds but he has come to work still in the midst of a hangover which is no fun or any one involved.

Backstory: Aaden was born and raised in a poverty struck family Ulster, his farmer parents unable to afford the finer things in life. Aaden grew up a working man, taking nothing for granted and looking at life with a smile. He spent his life in a tight knit community, where he met his wife the two of them getting married when he was only 23 and she having recently turned 19. She, unlike him, has grown up much more pampered her family having been part of a church group and herself being a self proclaimed "witch" despite displaying none of the traits associated with witches at the time. They ended up having two children, Tag and Keir who while like their father never had a pampered life, still were overjoyed at the world. Aaden's life was perfect, a happy family, food in the cellar, a small bag of coins in saving, then the war happened. Aaden and his family were right in the middle of the nine year war and as an able bodied man he was enlisted to fight. He was a strong man who had experience using weapons such as claideamhs and boghas and even though most people were using firearms, making it so he could catch enemies by surprise along with a select few who were supposed to shoot and attack from trees without the loud bangs caused by guns. But due to his strength he was eventually put into the front lines with a fire arm which eventually was his death. During the fight he and his squad found themselves cornered by British soldiers, Aaden having already lost an arm and one of his companions bleeding greatly from the head. They were shot down, Aaden not even given time to take a final breath before he hit the ground dead along with everyone in his squad. Their bodies were gathered after the fight, or at least what could be gathered, returned to their families to bury themselves. Jana, Aaden's wife, insisted he be placed in the bog instead of buried like was the norm of the time and she refused to explain why to his parents. After a solid 5 years Jana gathered what remained of the family which was all of them except his father, taking them to the bog where he had been put. Digging up his body which by this point had been mummified by the intense pressure of the bog Jana began a ritual. It didn't quite work. While she was attempting to do a resurrection ritual to bring him back from death, but something went wrong. He was brought back to life in spirit but not in body, still remaining a mummified corpse, not quite living but not dead either. Despite this he enjoyed a good 20 more years with his family, getting to see his sons leave to make their fortune and being present during his mothers last day and things were good, until Jana died. Without any family left he had no more reason to stay and so he left. He spent hundreds of years just moving from place to place, never staying in one area for more than 20 years and making a few friends as he did. He met several people who had situations similar to him from zombies to ghosts to even a few other mummies. He never actually played much attention to the fiercely growing politics in the supernatural community, despite his normally opinionated nature, learning instead of the school by word of mouth. Deciding he might as well put his knowledge to use he applied for a job, getting it not only due to his extensive skillset but also due to the fact that they were rather short staffed. Using the money he had gathered over the centuries he bought himself a nice house in the neighborhood and settled down for the first time in many many years.

Skills and Abilities: Aaden has many many skills from his extensive life though he is more of a jack of all trades. Firstly he is very skilled with most firearms and forms of weaponry other than more modern things or larger mount guns. He also knows several languages many fluently such as Gaelic, French, Spanish, and a bit of dutch along with bits and pieces of other things. He is also strong, not supernaturally so but strong enough that he could compete with world class weight lifters. Lastly and the big one is that he doesn't need to sleep or eat nor does he age.

Weaknesses: While he can't age he can still be killed if he were to be chopped up enough and even though he doesn't age his body is still not very resistant, being mostly held together by plants and mummified skin which if were to be removed would cause him to fall to pieces. If he were to be exposed to water for too long he'd begin to fall apart as well. Because he has only one arm he is very much handicapped in many things. While being a magical being he is completely unable to wield it, not even the tiniest of spells.

Fears: Guns, swords, weapons in general. Living and dying in a war has effected him to the point where even a balloon popping can send him running or a toy sword will make him panic. He is also superstitious, causing him to fear things like black cats or bad luck.

Relationship Status: Not looking and never will be. He had married and had children who then died so he doesn't plan on trying again anytime soon.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Romantic Orientation: Straight

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back