• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy S.T.R.I.K.E. Force OOC

Characters
Here
Right uh, having read everything, I think a problem I see here with getting people to commit the first step is that there's just not a whole lot for players to go off of. Everything is written expressly focused on your characters and your position as the person that already knows what the setting and plot will be like. See, there's two posts in the IC now and they're all 100% focused on your characters. There's no real hook, no real stepping stone from which other people might start out. Same with the intcheck, most of the in-universe pitch is entirely written for one of your characters and I guess it hasn't happened yet in-game?

Where's the recruitment scenario for others and what's it like, what's the organization like, where and how would our characters start? There's nothing for that. We also don't have any real info on "the terrorist attacks" that are so obviously central beyond "someplace exploded sometime probably San Francisco and the big bad evil guys were there and they beat one of my characters". We're people who descended from mysterious hokages and the ninja genes give us zanpakuto spirits but we're all meant to be starting out as normal people somewhere living some sort of normal life? It's all very nebulous.

I definitely agree with some statements that you have listed. The current interest check in its current state is pretty lackluster, however, I don't have a lot of time in the world to try and fix it (though I may put aside some time to completely rewrite it sometime soon because I kinda half assed it). As for the focus, not much I can do about that in the initial posts since absolutely nobody knows each other yet so all I can really do is give my current characters a motivation to strike back against either S.T.R.I.K.E. or Xcution and as stated before, I'll probably fix the focus as well in the updated interest check. The attacks and Project S.T.R.I.K.E. are intentionally left ambiguous because it gives characters a choice whether to believe that S.T.R.I.K.E. is truly innocent or if they're actually lying (Also why people can make no affiliation characters or even Xcution members). The motivation of characters can be just about anything, ranging from 'My entire family was blown to pieces in the San Fran Bombing and it's all S.T.R.I.K.E.'s/Xcution's fault' to 'I just don't want to feel useless anymore' to 'Holy Shit I can commit crimes a lot easier now'. Since (presumably) none of the characters have been in extreme danger before, the spirits have been dormant there entire lives (If they have been in some sort of danger, then perhaps the character is aware that they're not exactly normal but don't know why.)

So...yeah. Guess I'll rework the Interest Check again when I can, which is gonna be a bit difficult without revealing too too much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back