• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ ᴋᴇᴇᴘᴇʀs { ooc }

Should we use dice rolled attributes and rolls for fights or just maturely plot the fights out here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So I saw some of you guys mentioning you played tabletop rpgs. What systems/editions do you play?

I'm running a pathfinder game and a starfinder game. I am also a player in a pathfinder game as a hotheaded zealous brawler.

I played a zillion of games, though mostly original ones, made up by someone in our group, with original systems too. (Sometimes using system from Gurps)
But I have also played the classical DnD, Pathfinder and Shadowrun as well as a postapocalyptic one whose name I forgot.

Ooo I really dig the chameleon idea! It’ll definitely bring in new concepts to the storyline :)

ThePastelWitch ThePastelWitch I'm a bit late on this topic but when you posted that prompt it reminded me of this hosted project I'm in where there are weekly writing prompts posted and there's a thread dedicated to responding to those prompts. Ofc we probably can't have it be weekly or have a thread for it but if you want to do more writing prompts, it's a really good way to let people write with their characters and take a break from the actual "canon" storyline so I'd totally be down for more

Also on the topic of negative traits, I'm sure many of you know/have heard this but I wanted to drop a little piece of advice: In your character sheets and later in the rp, your character's flaws should get in the way of them achieving their goals. If someone is shy, and that makes people want to try to bring them into conversations to get them to open up/feel better, that's not a character flaw. If someone is shy, and people don't talk to them for various reasons/that person can't say something they really want/need to because they're too afraid and they either have to deal with their bad decision or change themselves, that's a good trait. Also, I think it's a good idea to have your character do at least one thing you genuinely dislike (not in an "oh-but-that's-badass" way) or don't want them to, because it makes them so much more human. I’ve found that I love characters who I’ve once disliked or gotten mad at for their mistakes. It takes a lot of discipline as a writer to see the end of the road and veer off into the woods, but you might be pleasantly surprised by what you find there.

I apologize if I was saying things everybody knows/was gonna do anyway D:

I played a zillion of games, though mostly original ones, made up by someone in our group, with original systems too. (Sometimes using system from Gurps)
But I have also played the classical DnD, Pathfinder and Shadowrun as well as a postapocalyptic one whose name I forgot.

GURPS is such a heavy system when it comes to combat. I think it has a cool character creation concept, but I can't get my players that interested in the combat. I ran a fallout 2 based GURPS campaign because then I only really have to explain the shooting rules because they are more simple and most people shy away from melee when it comes to fallout. Although one player poured everything into strength and was punching guys who were wearing power armor to death :lenny:

GURPS is such a heavy system when it comes to combat. I think it has a cool character creation concept, but I can't get my players that interested in the combat. I ran a fallout 2 based GURPS campaign because then I only really have to explain the shooting rules because they are more simple and most people shy away from melee when it comes to fallout. Although one player poured everything into strength and was punching guys who were wearing power armor to death :lenny:

In all honesty I never understand it either. I always ask the game master what do I roll and why :D

Which is why we mostly use our own, super simple systems.
Shadowrun was easy to use tho.

The Nidae family is my cup of tea. I kinda wanted a sibling rivalry dynamic that was partially, if not entirely, the fault of the parents. Makes for an interesting dynamic and fun writing material.

The Nidae family is my cup of tea. I kinda wanted a sibling rivalry dynamic that was partially, if not entirely, the fault of the parents. Makes for an interesting dynamic and fun writing material.
Is there more info on them already?

I think I'm going to recode my wolf-princess but before I do Qro Qro want to work on some history together to tie the lovely Canis family together? (I honestly don't mind rewriting the entire thing so go wild)

Also izayoiix izayoiix since Ana is Vulpes approved I'd like to work in a bit of history together if by some miracle I get the lucky dice. (I'm also looking to update my charas personality and anything else just to fit the awesome background you have going on)

Last edited:
I think I'm going to recode my wolf-princess but before I do Qro Qro want to work on some history together to tie the lovely Canis family together? (I honestly don't mind rewriting the entire thing so go wild)
I'm down. Though, you may want to wait until my character is accepted before tying ours together.

Hey, guys. Make sure that you have at least three negative personality traits. I want to make sure we have flawed characters in this. You can add more traits, but make it even for both. (Obviously a personality can't be completely summarized into just three traits, but these are supposed to be the main traits of your character.)

Is this a hint for me to edit my character or is it fine?

I'm down. Though, you may want to wait until my character is accepted before tying ours together.

Oh for sure although looking over Jasper's history I'd actually still have to do a complete rewrite for our stories to be able to kind of match up with each other if we're accepted lol.

Also on the topic of negative traits, I'm sure many of you know/have heard this but I wanted to drop a little piece of advice: In your character sheets and later in the rp, your character's flaws should get in the way of them achieving their goals. If someone is shy, and that makes people want to try to bring them into conversations to get them to open up/feel better, that's not a character flaw. If someone is shy, and people don't talk to them for various reasons/that person can't say something they really want/need to because they're too afraid and they either have to deal with their bad decision or change themselves, that's a good trait. Also, I think it's a good idea to have your character do at least one thing you genuinely dislike (not in an "oh-but-that's-badass" way) or don't want them to, because it makes them so much more human. I’ve found that I love characters who I’ve once disliked or gotten mad at for their mistakes. It takes a lot of discipline as a writer to see the end of the road and veer off into the woods, but you might be pleasantly surprised by what you find there.

I apologize if I was saying things everybody knows/was gonna do anyway D:

this feels like a supreme call out as the only person with "shy" in their character traits |D

I'll fix it, sorry it wasn't right.

this feels like a supreme call out as the only person with "shy" in their character traits |D

I'll fix it, sorry it wasn't right.
Oh I’m sorry I didn’t even realize you had shy, I just arbitrarily picked a trait that people use. It’s not a bad bad trait (oh dear) and can be very compelling as long as it’s used correctly, which will depend on how you play her when the rp actually starts. What I was trying to get at was that negative traits should legitimately hinder your characters in a way that forces them to change/develop realistically for them to move forward. In your background, it makes sense that her family would love her and support her despite her being shy and you already have her lack of courage/anxiety getting in the way of her utilizing her magic. Rio’s a good character; there’s nothing you have to change. : D

Aww not just you cinnabuns cinnabuns Ela's nervousness is essentially another word for shy so.. I'll have to change that too/add another one haha

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t even realize you had shy, I just arbitrarily picked a trait that people use. It’s not a bad bad trait (oh dear) and can be very compelling as long as it’s used correctly, which will depend on how you play her when the rp actually starts. What I was trying to get at was that negative traits should legitimately hinder your characters in a way that forces them to change/develop realistically for them to move forward. In your background, it makes sense that her family would love her and support her despite her being shy and you already have her lack of courage/anxiety getting in the way of her utilizing her magic. Rio’s a good character; there’s nothing you have to change. : D
Aww not just you cinnabuns cinnabuns Ela's nervousness is essentially another word for shy so.. I'll have to change that too/add another one haha

ahhh okay. I just got real nervous and didn't want to make a mistake |D (I feel you ria)

sorry y'all.

Oh for sure although looking over Jasper's history I'd actually still have to do a complete rewrite for our stories to be able to kind of match up with each other if we're accepted lol.
Haha, yeah, I was reading over your characters backstory and was like "uh oh, that brother sounds like the exact opposite of my character". Sorry about that lol. I've got a pretty good idea of what their relationship could be like, though.

Hey, guys. Apologies for disappearing yesterday. My sleeping pattern has been knocked completely off kilter and I slept for like 4 hours yesterday, then got up and was kidnapped by my best friend to go get another one of my friends from a bar. Then stayed up with them until 7am since they seemed like they needed it. Lol I got some of the Lore for Zanubia out, but didn't get to really focus on it. I just woke up too. XD

But, also, I have D&D tonight and we're doing a different campaign, so I might not be able to be on as much during it like the last one. I'll try to get more stuff up and approve characters as we go.

SkyGinge SkyGinge -
It wasn't really to point anyone. I just noticed it with a couple of profiles.​

And Swoob Swoob makes a very valid point. Like shy, I put Isadora down as "skittish" but I interpreted her shyness more as actual fear than being more introverted, so she may be hard to communicate with at times (which could definitely hurt the team she'll be apart of.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back