• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic S E P U L C H R A L

Hi guys, so the RP is finally up, you can start signing up. Once I'm done creating a few more neutral characters and stuff I'll make the first post, in say, a week? If you have any questions, critiques, suggestions, please let me know! So excited!

@Koala

@Kibitzer

I will begin crafting my character. Hopefully it's good.

EDIT: I think I'd like to play a sentient AI. Extraordinarily restricted, mostly because I am not smart enough to write a super intelligence and partially because game balance is a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have to drop out. I just don't think I'll be able to create a character that's good enough for this, and don't want to be a hindrance.

Sorry!

Sunbather said:
May we create characters from galaxies outside of the one that is being presented?
You could, but then be sure to include why they made such a big journey, since it's completely unheard of in the time then. Also, you don't have to use any of the species mentioned - you can invent one, and if you'll notice they aren't physically descriptive anyway. So your character could be any species, as long as they're sentient.

Mitchs98 said:
I'll assume anime faceclaims are acceptable?
Sure, but as long as it fits within the (kinda mature) theme of the RP.

Clairvoyance said:
I'm going to have to drop out. I just don't think I'll be able to create a character that's good enough for this, and don't want to be a hindrance.
Sorry!
I'm sorry to hear that. You will be missed :(

thespacekid said:
You could, but then be sure to include why they made such a big journey, since it's completely unheard of in the time then. Also, you don't have to use any of the species mentioned - you can invent one, and if you'll notice they aren't physically descriptive anyway. So your character could be any species, as long as they're sentient.
Sure, but as long as it fits within the (kinda mature) theme of the RP.

I'm sorry to hear that. You will be missed :(
I can do that ^-^. I just can't into realistic face claims most of the time.

thespacekid said:
You could, but then be sure to include why they made such a big journey, since it's completely unheard of in the time then. Also, you don't have to use any of the species mentioned - you can invent one, and if you'll notice they aren't physically descriptive anyway. So your character could be any species, as long as they're sentient
Oh yeah, I would include that in the history. It's just something I feel lends a veil of additional mystery, hehe.

Fuck, someone in the interest check wants to make a robot. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE ROBLORT!

I need to finish up Triumvirate before he snipes my brilliant idea.

Well time to waste my whole Sunday making this character. I'll be back in approximately 24 hours.

Zer0 said:
@thespacekid, can I ask you for help with the background of my CS? How do I turn it blue and give it that broken line border frame?
Hi, yes, in the code, the bg tag changes colour - if typing out the name of the colour doesn't work, you could use HTML Color Picker , so say [ bg=#33ccff ] (without spaces) should do it.

Also, in the border tag, the second value can be dotted, dashed or solid, if I'm not wrong. So I just used dashed. Like [ border = 2px dashed/dotted/solid colour ]

Alright, I posted the first half of Triumvirate. It's a hard concept for me to express through my shitty writing, hopefully it's clear. It also might be ruthlessly beyond what is expected in terms of power level. GM, please give me some feedback and criticism before I continue, either positive or negative (though likely the latter: I'm not exactly happy with how he turned out)

Thanks!

@Pentagon Daaamn, that's what I'm talking about! You have a great idea, and I think it'll be a really exciting character. Although yes, I do feel it is a bit overpowered, so the way you can fix that is by having a cost for every positive element. That's how real life works right. So say you have a nano factory, but it comes at the cost of large amounts of power that would require you to say land somewhere. Or if you have a robot swarm, they're quite destructible and only have power when they swarm enemies, so they're kinda like Storm troopers - disposable until in large amounts.

Also I think by achieving superintelligence you're talking about this concept called Singularity. Check it out! I hope this helped.

thespacekid said:
@Pentagon Daaamn, that's what I'm talking about! You have a great idea, and I think it'll be a really exciting character. Although yes, I do feel it is a bit overpowered, so the way you can fix that is by having a cost for every positive element. That's how real life works right. So say you have a nano factory, but it comes at the cost of large amounts of power that would require you to say land somewhere. Or if you have a robot swarm, they're quite destructible and only have power when they swarm enemies, so they're kinda like Storm troopers - disposable until in large amounts.
Also I think by achieving superintelligence you're talking about this concept called Singularity. Check it out! I hope this helped.
Machine intelligence is a casual interest of mine. Self-modifying AI is one possible manifestation of the singularity, and it is basically impossible to make a compelling story about, since an AI going FOOMF and becoming essentially omniscient is neither particularly interesting to write nor particularly possible, since I am not nearly smart enough to do it. If I was, I'd have taken over the world by now.

I'll tune the power level somewhat, I'll figure out a way to get it balanced out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back