• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern sʜᴀɴɢʀɪ-ʟᴀ — ᴀ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴋ-ʀᴘ [ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴅ]

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

- 0/6 players found -

sox

محبت
[class=bkgd] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; width: 30em; height: 20em; overflow: hidden; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 0; [/class] [class=textcont] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; width: 40%; height: 90%; left: 40%; top: 5%; background-color: #7E9F84; padding-left: 1em; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #000; [/class] [class=accent] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 30%; height: 99%; left: 5%; top: 0em; background-color: #192123; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #000; [/class] [class=accentline] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: .05em; height: 25em; left: 11em; top: 0em; background-color: #CE1D2F; [/class] [class=tab] position: absolute; overflow: visible; left: 28%; width: 5em; height: 1.3em; background-color: #2A3F36; color: #7E9F84; font-size: .6em; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; line-height: 1.3em; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #000; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background-color: #7E1418; color: #fff; transition-duration: 0.2s; [/class] [class=pic] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 25%; height: 50%; left: 0.5em; top: 25%; background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/83/3f/35833f25443eda2ddefc4cf6463d1f21.jpg); background-size: 100%; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #000; [/class] [class=title] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; width: auto; height: auto; text-align: left; font-size: 1.2em; line-height: 1em; text-transform: uppercase; color: #fff; letter-spacing: 0.2em; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #000; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; overflow: auto; width: 85%; height: 85%; color: #fff; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 0.65em; line-height: 1.2em; text-align: justify; padding-right: 18em; [/class] [class=credit] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; width: 10em; height: auto; top: 96%; left: 40%; text-align: left; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 0.5em; color: #7E1418; opacity: 0.2; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} plot) (show tabsContentPlot) if (eq ${currentTab} roles) (show tabsContentRoles) if (eq ${currentTab} lore) (show tabsContentLore) if (eq ${currentTab} rules) (show tabsContentRules) [/script]

[div class=bkgd]
[div class="tabsContent tabsContentPlot textcont"]
[div class=text]
shangri-la.

an artsy, hole-in-the-wall bar where all walks of life convene at the end of a long day to loosen up with old friends or drink away the evening's sorrows. though there is no sign in the alley where the establishment resides, the bar's word-of-mouth form of marketing attracts the perfect sort of patrons to match the rather elaborate interior.

it's here, in this eclectic mix-and-match of hanging plants, neon lights and lime wedges, that our morally ambiguous characters begin their journey together. and it's here, after a notice is sent out that the bar may be shut down, that it will inevitably come to a climax.
[/div][/div]

[div class="tabsContent tabsContentRoles textcont" style="display: none;"]
[div class=text]
male roles:

the big-shot [taken]: the head of partnerships and son of the ceo at a tech company, the big-shot is an arrogant man who doesn't really care for his job. the only reason he competed so hard to get to his position was to prove that he wasn't letting his dad hand him the title for free. now, in his mid-twenties with no friends and nothing left to prove, the higher-up wants a way to cure the loneliness plaguing his soul.

the mixologist: while not the most intelligent man in the world, the bartender is the moodmaker of any social setting and everyone loves him, except for the people that don't. before he dropped out of university, the mixologist used to treat his partners like shit and laugh about it afterwards with his boys, and though he's now a changed man trying to win the affections of the influencer, the ghosts of his past won't let him forget too easily... and neither will the meteorologist.

the mechanic: a failing relationship, a dying puppy, and an unstable income work together to make sure the mechanic never gets a day's rest in his life. to say the meteorologist is like the light at the end of the tunnel for him would be an understatement, but the guilt of betraying his current lover keeps him from actually committing to his love interest.

the graphic designer: full of determination to make it big in the industry and prove all the grouchy senior citizens wrong, the fresh graduate denounced all things corporate and garnered himself quite the following on social media. the student fought on the front lines to defend the professor’s reputation when certain events transpired, and he’ll be damned if he doesn’t use his platform take down anyone who does him dirty.

the backup dancer: despite coming from an unsupportive family and having less than a hundred thousand won to his name, the aspiring young artist worked his way into the dance crew of a local rapper at the ripe age of 20. cocky and flippant about everything else in his life, the dancer keeps everyone at a superficial closeness, relying on no one but himself to prioritize his wellbeing. his name may not be known yet, but he'll be damned if no one appreciates his talents for what they're worth. this mindset takes a drastic hit, however, when he stumbles into the manager of a famous singer while busking and can't seem to shake her from his conflicted thoughts. whether that's due to the charming lady herself, or the opportunity for a larger gig she brings, he hardly knows himself.

female roles:

the college professor: this young, patient woman’s years of university and research all became discredited one day when a rumor spread that she had an affair with one of her students, and despite her effort to restore the respect she’s worked so hard to earn, the damage had been done. now, the disgraced academic wishes for nothing more than a purpose in life and a partner who sees her beyond her unjust reputation.

the freelance singer [taken]: a well of talent who occasionally took up gigs at the bar several years back, the singer found her career soaring to new heights this past season. now, fresh off her tour and full of new experiences, the adventurous young artist can’t wait to perform at the bar again and find the romance of a lifetime in a man back home… or maybe three.

the influencer: vain and selfish for the spotlight, the instagram model took down anyone in her path for a lick of fame. now with opportunities opening up for her left and right, the influencer sets her sights on the bigshot for his money and connections. no, she’s not thinking about that devilishly handsome, yet far too quaint bartender at all. a man like they could only get his heart broken by someone like herself.

the meteorologist: once scorned by the mixologist via a humiliating mess of a breakup, the meteorologist adopted a holier-than-thou ego and vowed to never again fall for an uneducated man... that is, until she met the mechanic. now, the terse woman walks the line between heartbreaker and homewrecker as she comes to the realization that he has, in fact, fallen for her, too.

the manager: plagued by a lifetime of being told she would never make it in the music industry, the fierce musician made a name for herself in another way—by becoming the manager of the wildly popular freelance singer. while she works endlessly to be the best she can be in her role, the manager lives vicariously through the singer, who looks up to the manager like an younger sibling. her loyalty to her profession can only withstand her longing to flourish on her own, free from the shackles of mediocrity, for a limited amount of time, especially when she comes across a certain talented young dancer who ignites the flame in her artistic soul. (somewhat age-locked—must be older than the singer)

[/div][/div]

[div class="tabsContent tabsContentLore textcont" style="display: none;"]
[div class=text]
l.jpg

Despite having been established in the area since 1973, a change in administration in the local legislature means a crackdown on businesses deemed not suitable for the ongoing gentrification of Seoul’s less popular streets. Much to the dismay of anyone who holds sentimental ties to the bar, Shangri-La has been declared a “public nuisance” to the area, having attracted too many “persons of interest” as cited by the corrupt Seoul Gangnam Police Agency. Along with this bogus claim, the bar is fighting several noise complaints that only add fuel to the fire, seeing as its live music can barely be detected from the alleyway even when listening for it.

456aac13-e9c7-40a0-8adc-cb979c176892-DSC04554.jpg

It seems like someone is out to shut the place down, and they’re giving it all they got.

With as many regular patrons as the lobby and rooftop of Shangri-La has, it should come as no surprise that the backlash to the news won’t be pretty, but the humble, old owner will have to break it to his loyal customers anyways,

And what will those same folks from all sectors of society do with this heartbreaking information? ‘

Well, only time can tell.

00449b78-3388-4d42-b778-fa90c940bd23-large16x9_DSC04549.jpg

[/div][/div]

[div class="tabsContent tabsContentRules textcont" style="display: none;"]
[div class=text]• GMs are myself and erised erised What we say goes.

• This is a KRP based in Seoul—realistic faceclaims only, please.

• Application based. Not first-come first-serve.

• Must have Discord.

• No god-modding/plotting without discussing it in ooc with all relevant players.

• No mary/gary sues—these characters are all meant to be flawed in some way so that none of them can be morally superior to one other.

• Drama and romance is strongly encouraged in-character, but keep it classy ooc. Resolve any conflicts privately and involve the GMs if needed.

• Must be able to post relatively frequently to keep the ball rolling, but we’re lenient on this with proper notice. We don’t have set deadlines/due dates. Life happens. We get it.

• Since this is an extremely relationship-based roleplay, we ask that you write with plenty of detail in each post—no need for an essay, but enough to portray character depth and realistic thought processes. (“If I see actions in asterisks in your post, I will spam you with images of people stepping on legos.” -sox, 2019)

[/div][/div]

[div class=accent][/div]
[div class=accentline][/div]
[div class=tab style="top: 40%;"]plot[/div]
[div class=tab style="top: 46%;"]roles[/div]
[div class=tab style="top: 52%;"]lore[/div]
[div class=tab style="top: 58%;"]rules[/div]
[div class=pic][/div]
[div class=title style="left: 8%; top: 21%;"]shangri[/div]
[div class=title style="left: 22%; top: 25%; text-align: right;"]-la[/div]
[div class=credit]code by sox sox [/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
Ahhh everyone is coming up with such intriguing KRP concepts
OOF this is SO not good for my academic career

I'll definitely try out if I can come up with a good character concept lol

aaaaaaaaah! i lalalalalove these ideas and all of the roles sounds a m a z i n g! the tea is hot and i’d love to try for a role! i’m not exactly sure which one yet because my indecisive ass can’t pick since they’re so well-written and all of it can bring tons of fun! i’m digging the bar’s vibes oh so much and aaaaaa!

aaaaaaaaah! i lalalalalove these ideas and all of the roles sounds a m a z i n g! the tea is hot and i’d love to try for a role! i’m not exactly sure which one yet because my indecisive ass can’t pick since they’re so well-written and all of it can bring tons of fun! i’m digging the bar’s vibes oh so much and aaaaaa!
you are the best human!! i’m glad you like the concept, lovely

welp, here i am finally
i know i know--the other gm shows up late to her own party don't @ me

sox sox , asdfgh sweetheart ♡ def. love the concept for sure!
erised erised , i just @ u , whatcha goin' do? 👀

just dropping a lil' comment again to say that. . .i finally decided on which role i'd love to go and try out for: the meteorologist ! have a few ideas in mind that needs a bit more polishin' but yesyes!

i'm so excited!

sox sox , asdfgh sweetheart ♡ def. love the concept for sure!
erised erised , i just @ u , whatcha goin' do? 👀

just dropping a lil' comment again to say that. . .i finally decided on which role i'd love to go and try out for: the meteorologist ! have a few ideas in mind that needs a bit more polishin' but yesyes!

i'm so excited!

what am i gonna do? o.O
how about squish my ssff in a big hug???

bumping up!
[ looking for male oc's ]

~
[div style="text-align: center; font-size: 13px; width: 30%; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto; color: #D6202D; border: 2px solid #D6202D; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #000; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #000; padding: 15px; background: #242424;"]
~ NOTICE ~

we are still looking for applications, particularly for the bartender role!

current applicants are:

big shot: seo yejun sox sox
mixologist: NONE
mechanic: park han bin monxmiracle monxmiracle
graphic designer: cha jae han Xed Xed
professor: min soo-ah neon reverie neon reverie
singer: hwang aera erised erised
influencer: yoon hana Uxie Uxie + han kyu-ri Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy
meteorologist: chae seon-hee deer deer

we have a soft deadline of november 30th, so please get all applications in as soon as you can!

[/div]

Last edited:
since it’s a busy time of year, we’re missing one role, and i haven’t even finished my own cs yet, i’m pushing the deadline back one more week! as before, it’s a soft deadline so no stress about making it exactly by midnight.

so new (soft) deadline is december 7 !
______

Users who are viewing this thread

Back