• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom RWBY - Turn To Dust

What should we name the academy in Atlas?

• Aatos Academy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Refuge Academy

• Shield Academy

• Fortress Academy

• Sanctuary Academy

• Stronghold Academy

• Bastion Academy

• Titan Academy

• Forge Academy

• Bunker Academy

• Total voters
As for weapons... Uhhh...well. Saffron has quite a bit... Ahem

She has a boom box/backpack/bass cannon, a pair of headphones that can split in half to make like...2...small..mace things, and a stave that sorta acts/ looks as an antenna on the boombagcannon......yeah...you can probably figure out her style. Or...gimmick

ConnorX said:
Could someone tell me all the names of the teams and which letter is taken?
We've just been bouncing around team name ideas. Nothing has been set in stone yet and probably won't be until the RP starts.

For my OC, who I didn't name yet, they'll use a railgun that also functions as a blunt sword weapon. It'll be wielded like the plasma sword from Halo, with the rails being the blunt "blades".

Rosa's Pros

• Anti-Ranged Semblance
    Almost like how a fly will dodge swats
  • Also functions when in melee combat allowing her to fight with maximum efficiency

Sniper meta get out

[*]Speed[in short bursts]

• Other half of her semblance allows her to quickly turn entire fights around or end them in within a second

[*]Perception[part of Semblance]

[*]Extremely powerful ranged weapon

• Dust Rounds
  • Extreme Armor-Penetration
  • Sheer power of each shot will drain auras rapidly and leave massive wounds if hit

Tank Meta begone!

[*]Dust-infused blade

• Can be charged with dust to give elemental effects directly to her strikes melting armor or freezing the body.

Note that the pro list is so large because it goes into more detail on the black points which are the main pros

Rosa's Cons

• Can be outdone stamina-wise if she isn't careful
  • Her perception is mostly in vision.
  • How much stamina is lost directly relates to how long the burst is not how fast it goes. [Quality over quantity with her semblance]

Note that the perception part of her semblance doesn't use stamina if any and even if she can't burst with speed she'll still perceive things as normal.

[*]Ranged weapon requires reload bullet by bullet[slow reload]

[*]Doesn't play well with others[meaning directly with a team in fights will act as a lone wolf.]

[*]Her aura isn't very strong and it doesn't take too many landed blows to hit her[to be fair based on her semblance even if it wouldn't normally make sense it's for balance]

Alright if she's unbalanced let me know because I think we need to have a balanced group of characters, can't have some people with overpowering semblances and the not of course some will be naturally stronger then others but, we don't want any unfairly strong characters.

Grazia (might name her Arden or Fina) uses jet boots that help her leap large distances. They also really hurt if she kicks someone with them.

Sullivanity said:
Are you planing on RPing as 3 desperate characters, @rooke?
Potentially. I definitely want to do at least two. Three may be a little bit too much for me to work with after my hiatus, but I've done it in the past. And I also have them all based out.

rooke said:
Potentially. I definitely want to do at least two. Three may be a little bit too much for me to work with after my hiatus, but I've done it in the past. And I also have them all based out.
I understand. Since the number of people we'll have is probably not going to be the perfect amount of x teams of four, someone will probably have to be multiple characters. I'm also sorry I accidentally saying "desperate" instread of "different"

It's okay. I figured out what you intended. And there is pretty much no way this ends up working out perfectly into 1 per person

Airebsi said:
How many teams are there goign to be exactly 3 or 4?
I think we'll see when people post the character sheets. By the way, Rosa might fit well in team QRTZ, seeing as her name starts with R and rose quartz is a type of pink colored quartz. This is definitely the most times I've said quartz in a post.

I haven't really made myself known but I would like to share some information about my OC(s) c:

The character I have in mind was a female student - who I'm still in debate whether to make a human or faunus - named, Clematis, but goes by the nickname, Cammie. Her personality is TBD as well as her appearance.

Her weapon I have in mind was a broom named, Liltha. I got this idea from thinking about witches and since I never seen anyone ever made/ use this type of weapon before, I thought I should give it a try. Lilitha is a mechanical broom, made with the help of her uncle, that can fly like those witch brooms except there's no magic involve to make it fly. It is an eco-friendly 'hoverboard' with a rocket attached to the end hidden under the bristles. The speed depends on how much energy put into it and is very convenient yet tiring to use. Besides being a transportation, Lilitha can change from a broom to a missile launcher, spear, and a taser. At the end of the broom, there is a dust holder to place her dust in. Her weapon is still a work in progress but this is just the few details I gave it and I'll explain more on how it works when the RP is up.

I'm not sure if I'll use this as her semblance but I just want some feedbacks on it to see what you guys think of it:

24cf43b5de59eb1ea88eec53cab353ff.png
Her semblance is a dice/ puzzle piece shown to the left and a mauve color. It is located somewhere on her clothing, maybe like her stocking or something and gives her the power that is known as, "Fate", a peculiar buff power where all attacks depend on her dice rolls. She always carry a pair of die with her that are used and thrown to determine her buffs. Each number gives a certain fate for her and only affects her.

1-3 = Spirit

4-6 = Reflexes

7-9 = Brawn

10-12 = Speed

The other semblance I had in mind was just your regular healing power where she is able to heal minor wounds, like Jaune, on herself or others.

The other character I have in mind was a human male student but he is still in progress and I was only gonna use him if there is a major need for male characters so you won't get to hear anything about him.

(Side note: Yes, I did made the symbol.)

I'm preparing multiple characters weapons/semblances to make up the bad guys if no one volunteers to be one and work with Rosa.

I have a couple characters in mind and would like to play two if possible. One semblance I came up with before it became a RWBY idea, it might not fit. Tell me what you all think.

Heaven/Hell

An angel sits on the right shoulder and a devil on the left. The character can harness demonic or angelic powers, depending on whether they listen to the angel or the devil. I have a detailed system worked out for it. The little angel and demon are made of aura and can usually only be seen by the character.

noremac said:
I have a couple characters in mind and would like to play two if possible. One semblance I came up with before it became a RWBY idea, it might not fit. Tell me what you all think.
Heaven/Hell

An angel sits on the right shoulder and a devil on the left. The character can harness demonic or angelic powers, depending on whether they listen to the angel or the devil. I have a detailed system worked out for it. The little angel and demon are made of aura and can usually only be seen by the character.
The "demonic or angelic power" pique my interest and worries me. What does either side give the OC because this can easily become an OP semblance if not done right. (Side note: Devil May Cry reference?)

The angel gives wings and aura enhancement. So he can fly and strengthen other people's auras. To use the wings he needs to listen to the angel a lot more.

The devil gives physical strength and the ability to teleport small distances. To teleport he needs to make a contract with the devil saying he must obey his evil advice.

Honestly though, I have lost interest in that character and have an idea I like more. I'm still working on it but it is based on a character that is constantly taking apart their weapon and building something different with it. As a result it is always breaking, falling apart, or working in ways unexpected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the activity here! Damn, I'm really excited about running this RP with so many of you interested!

Alright, tell you what; I'll get a thread up by the end of the following week! I probably won't have the whole story and plot stuffs down since it's just a week and I have all this other stuff to work on for the RP including all the planned polls and tossing-around of ideas/names for stuff, but I'll at least have the academy and stuff set up, so we can at least get the character sheets up and everything. Also, expect two teams to be prepared by then, role-model teams of the academy if you will... Oh, the two team names will be CAOS and SNOW, so...

Have fun with expectations X3

Airebsi said:
Hm could I jam two twins into one character if they're always together and never separate?
Ah, you wouldn't need jam them as one character. I'm open to peoples playing two characters if they can handle it; just don't expect your twins a guaranteed spot on the same team, as it is based on a test, after all.

(totally not just gonna do a little nudging with the headmaster to get them on a team as a special little exception for being twins :P )

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]I love the activity here! Damn, I'm really excited about running this RP with so many of you interested!
Alright, tell you what; I'll get a thread up by the end of the following week! I probably won't have the whole story and plot stuffs down since it's just a week and I have all this other stuff to work on for the RP including all the planned polls and tossing-around of ideas/names for stuff, but I'll at least have the academy and stuff set up, so we can at least get the character sheets up and everything. Also, expect two teams to be prepared by then, role-model teams of the academy if you will... Oh, the two team names will be CAOS and SNOW, so...

Have fun with expectations X3

[/QUOTE]
or KAOS would work( ;) )

rooke said:
or KAOS would work( ;) )
Nope, K wouldn't work for my team CAOS due to the names being matched to personality and all that... Not to mention the fact that I already spent hours just to get names to fit the entire theme of both teams as well as the characters themselves... Not doing that again unless I make a team to act as a first-year team I play with the players... Probably no time soon though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back