• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Sovereignty of Ages IC

Zai smiled. "Yeah, it's time we got moving." Yuuki was still occupied with food, so he politely excused himself.

The walk to the main hall was uneventful, though Zai did note the halls smelled like a school should. Like gunpowder and old books.

After entering into the main hall, it wasn't long before the new students had all been ushered inside, and the headmaster approached a microphone set on a low stage.

Good evening, new students. I am Professor Ozpin, and I hold the honor of being the headmaster here at Beacon."

Zai nudged Lance. "He looks so young!"

Ozpin sipped his coffee before continuing on. "You have all been chosen to attend this school, and dedicate your lives as huntsmen and huntresses to protect the people. You have trained your skills, and now you will begin your truely daunting task. Tonight, you will spend here in the hall, while tomorrow will begin your initiation and new teams will be decided. Enjoy tonight, students, but do be ready. Tomorrow's initiation will begin at 9 am. Until then, you are dismissed."

Carmine hummed to himself thoughtfully. Spending the night in the hall were they? That meant...wait, did Carmine even have a pair of pajamas to sleep in?! His mind began racing as he hurriedly did a mental inventory of everything he had packed. He made sure to have extra undershirts, so he could use one of those for a pajama top, but what about pajama bottoms? Carmine began breaking out into a cold sweat. If it was just guys it would have been bearable if still somewhat embarrassing, but to not have proper pajama bottoms and having shared sleeping space with females present? No...no no no, this simply would not do. But they were already there. What could he do?! It's not like he could ask to have the ship go back just so he could grab some pajama bottoms from home. This was very bad. Yes, very bad indeed.

Aster stands and listens to the speech more ready to get started then anything she wants to start studying and practicing ready to prove her worth once he dismisses everyone she goes to find her suitcase so she can change into her PJs since he mentioned something about sleeping in the hall and not really wanting to sleep in her current clothes once she finds her suitcase she grabs her PJs and finds the nearest bathroom to change in she changes and comes out in a two piece pj set it being the same color of her hair it was made out of velvet and and had lace at the top and bottoms.

Myst hops up and down the whole time the speech is going on ready to actually talk to people and make friends but even more excited to start the day once he dismisses them she skips to find her suitcase once she finds it she opens it up and searches for her PJs maybe over packing but she wanted to be prepared once she finally finds her pjs she skips to the women's restroom and quickly changes into her PJs which consist of a grey button up shirt and pants nothing to fancy or special she comes back out and trys to find Lapis and Carmine she spots Carmine panicking and walks over "Hey what's wrong?"
Torma Ximnus Torma Ximnus

Carmine had been wracking his brain trying to come up with a solution when Myst had returned from changing and asked him if something was wrong. Carmine looked up towards Myst before turning to face forward with a strangely grim expression on his face. He was sure there was no chance of getting anything sent to him before the day was out. He'd have to improvise in the meantime and hope that what he forgot to pack could be sent to him by the following night. Carmine headed off to grab his case and headed out of the main hall to find a bathroom away from everyone else before locking himself in and setting up his sewing machine.

By the time Carmine returned it seemed as though some of the others were getting ready to turn in for the night. He dragged his case back to where it rested, and anyone that looked his way would see a towel and hand towel sewed together and worn together in a kilt-like fashion with a plain T-Shirt bearing a giant flame on he back tucked into it. Carmine put his case back where he had got it from, grabbed the sleeping bag he had been given, and laid it out before immediately climbing into it. For the first time that he could remember he found himself wishing that he had a semblance that made him invisible. At least that would have given him the chance to avoid the embarrassment of his current situation.

CorgiDream CorgiDream Inufandom Inufandom

Myst tilts her head confused as she just watches Carmine walk away she shrugs and tries to go find Lapis so she can at least hangout with someone she knew as she's searching she see's Carmine walk back out in what looks like a hand made kilt thing she giggles and walks over to him "Um not saying I don't love the fashion taste I have some spare pj pants if you want them? I kinda over packed" she rubs the back of her neck embarrassed but glad that over packing finally paid off.
Inufandom Inufandom

Yuuki quickly finished and left the airship in a hurry. She sprinted towards the orientation. "Damnit. Can't believe I'm late to orientation." She said sprinting by all the other students. She sees everyone walk out and stops and falls to the ground. "Oh no..... I missed it and now I don't know where I should go....." She looks around and sees a girl in white pigtails talking to the guy who took her weapons. "I wonder if they can help me."

CorgiDream CorgiDream Torma Ximnus Torma Ximnus

Lapis had managed to shower and dress for bed, her pajamas consisting of her swimming bikini and an oversize shirt that was visibly see-through. She found an empty spot on the floor, and lied down. She spoted Carmine in what appeared to be a kilt, though she hadn't thought he was the type to wear something like that at all. She giggled quietly and made herself comfortable.

Carmine had pointedly averted his gaze from Lapis as her attempts at modesty were still way too revealing. When Myst offered to help him with pajama bottoms he said, "While I appreciate the offer I'm afraid I must decline. I've already called home to ask for them to send what few things I forgot, so I'll make do with what I have for tonight. For now we should all get some sleep. We'll need our energy for what's to come, and tomorrow is liable to be an early start."

Having changed into his sport shorts and nothing else, Zai trodded back to the main hall. A series of jagged scars spanning the width of his back and curving down his hip and out of sight were markedly visible. Old enough to have healed but not enough to have faded.

He found himself near a man wearing a kilt. Zai blinked, and decided better than to question the fashions of others. He stretched out arching his back and lounging around. He pulled out his scroll and started playing games on it while waiting for his eyelids to grow heavy.

Last edited:
After professor Ozpins speech Lancelot follows Zai into the great hall to start getting ready for bed. Quickly finding his suitcase he grabs his pajama bottoms and heads to the men’s bathroom to change. After changing he walks out to see a strange man wearing a kilt, best not question ones fashion sense. Heading back to his suitcase to deposit his clothes he finds his small toolkit and walks over near Zai and starts tinkering with his arms. While also thinking about cleaning his claws.

Aster finds a place to lay down not having a sleeping bag but it not really bothering her since she's use to sleeping on the ground she sees the guy wearing a kilt and snickers to herself

"Oh ok well if you ever need anything don't be afraid to ask Carmine" Myst goes to walk away when she watches a girl fall she rushes over "Oh geez are you ok?" She helps the fox girl up "That looked like a really bad fall"
AnnaVale AnnaVale

Stunned by the amount of notifications she got throughout the days course Bistre navigated the great child-littered area with a scroll to her face, they were all sorts of messages either carrying encouragement or containing more personal stuff; she even found herself laughing inwardly at a few in particular from her old team. Coming upon room's end she knelt down beside a long-haired girl lounging in a bikini. Bistre fixed her luggage before unfurling her mattress and laying down peacefully. She resumed her message reading.

Mentioned. Inufandom Inufandom

Last edited:
Eventually, every student fell asleep, and with that restless first night came initiation in the morning.

And indeed morning came in quite the rush. The students all woke up, groomed, and after a light breakfast provided by the school, found themselves high, high up on the Beacon cliffside over looking the Emerald Forest. Launch pad after launch pad lined up in a neat and tidy row made it abundantly clear they were all being thrown off a cliff.

Ozpin stood before them, coffee in one hand, cane in the other. "Welcome, students! Today you will be undergoing initiation."

He paused as a young, but stern looking blonde woman with stepped forward. "I am Glinda Goodwitch, and one of the proffessors here at the academy. I came to inform you you will be receiving team members... today. Your roles in battle through the forest will help in evaluation of your individual performance."

Zai giggled. "I knew it!!"

Lapis frowned and sighed, removing her water bottle from its holster. "I did, too."

Ozpin sipped his coffee one more time before continuing on. "Today, you will find that once landing, the first person you make eye contact with will be your partner for the next four years. As a pair, you will retrieve a relic from the ruined temple on the edge and bring it back to the top of the cliff. Make no mistake, the forest is filled monsters. Do not hesitate, or you will die. Any questions?"

Sureveying the excited students after taking another drink of his coffee, he smiled. "Good. And so we begin. Good luck, students."

FWOOOMP! and off the first student went, a smile on her face.

A nervous second positioned for launch, and with another FWOOMP! away he went.

And so it went, students giggling, FWOOMP students quietly nervous, FWOOMP and students all about getting down to buisness FWOOMP

Zai drew his sword gun, a wicked smile on his face and his weapon's accents glowing purple. He pulled his hair back, and drew a pair of sunglasses from one of his pockets. Winking at Lance, he actually turned away from the cliff side upon his turn to go. "Catch me if you can, big boy. " FWOOMP! And off Zai went, rocketing away. He grasped his weapon and began blasting gravity rounds in a spray while using the force to shoot forward and upward. And downward, and left, and right and a spiral here and there in a controlled motion. Still Zai was having a blast. Litterall, one might say.

"YA-HA-HOO-HOOOOOOOOOWA HA HA HA HA!"

Last edited:
Carmine had moved more quickly than usual that morning. Thankfully was able to find a private place to shower again so he could have the full use of his fail to expedite his morning shower. It wasn't that he didn't want other people to know that he was a faunus. It was more that he didn't want to run the risk of some busybody looking too closely into his personal life. The last thing he needed was for his past to dog him here.

Carmine's morning meal routine was also different. Rather than taking his time to finish his food before leaving he made a point of eating and drinking the things that could not be carried by hand and finished the rest as he and the others headed to where their initiation was to take place.

Professor Ozpin's speech proved to be short, to the point, and immediately validated everything Carmine had heard and suspected. Everyone had been lined up next to their launchpads prior to Ozpin's pre-initiation speech and got in place once the initiation had been explained to them.

Carmine stood on his launchpad with a cane in one hand and his bowler hat held in place with the other. He bent his knees and widened his stance as the person next to him was sent flying, and he went flying himself a moment after.

Carmine scanned the trees below as they flew past his feet. Carmine waited until he began sinking beneath the canopy line of the trees before making his move. He aimed his cane at an approaching tree and fire it at the tree, the hidden blade extending just far enough to burrow into the tree. Carmine then channeled his aura into the gravity module in his cane hook to activate the paired module in the cane shaft, thereby slowing and altering his descent into a momentary upward curve as he twisted his body to land in a crouching position with the bottom of his feet planted against the side of the tree. For a moment Carmine seemed to hang against the tree in a way that defied the laws of gravity and the natural world before moving his feet down the tree to return hos body to a vertical position without haplessly swinging around. Once in position he removed his hand from his bowler hat and turned his gaze to his fellow students, the hand holding the crook of his cane to the side of and slightly above his head as he gradually descended onto the shaft of his cane.

Last edited:
Lapis readied herself for her turn. She lowered her stance, and grasped her water bottle tightly. And then she was flying, hurling past the trees. She focused on the water inside the bottle, and it shifted, she now holding onto the bottle above her head while the water inside kept her floating, dangling from the bottle. Grasping the lid, she popped it off and the water flowed down her arm and around her shoulders and under her arms. Now she had no need of the bottle as the water itself now lifted her.

Lapis put the water bottle away and pivoted in the air to observe her suroundings and gather her wits. Students were still raining down, but with the sun so glaringly bright, it was hard to see into the distance for her. She focused on her water again, and began flying in the dirction of her goal.

After hearing Zais remark Lancelot shakes his head and he gets launched unceremoniously through the air completely not prepared for the sudden launch. As Lancelot was flying through the air he quickly rights him self drawing his BoomStick to launch himself in the direction in which he saw Zai flying last.

Soon after running out with of ammo in the BoomStick he decides to land. After Lancelot feet touched the ground he did a combat roll to absorb some of the force, upon standing up and turning around to take a step, he trips on a root from one of the trees immediately causing him to face plant. After standing up he said, “I still nailed it.”

Yuuki smiled and nodded. "Yeah I'm fine. Mind if I sleep with you guys?" She asks as she gets out her bedroll. "Unfortunately I don't have ant pajamas so I hope you guys don't mind if I sleep in just my bra and panties. She got undressed and laid down with them.

The next morning came and she got dressed and followed everyone to the launch pads outside. Yuuki readied herself. "Good thing I'm used to flying through the air." The launch pad springs her off as she falls gracefully through the air. Eventually landing in a forest area on her feet safely. "That was cool. Now, let's find these monsters." She said as she started to walk and look around with a hand on her katanas.

Aster woke up before everyone else not really able to sleep so she took her time to get up and get ready taking a shower to wake herself up she gets dressed and grabs her staff deciding to practice while all the other students are waking up and getting ready once everyone is up and ready she follows them to the cafeteria and indulges not wanting to fight on a empty stomach after eating everyone got ushered out to the cliff she remembered practicing her landing strategies not only in her head but at Signal Academy too she steps onto her launch pad as Ozpin begins his speech she folds her arms and listens once he's done he starts to launch kid after kid out into the forest finally it's Aster turn they launch her off and she stays still closing her eyes and leaving her arms crossed as she gets closer and closer to the ground she suddenly opens her eyes and takes out her weapon breaking it into nunchucks she extends the blade and sticks out her hand so her weapon catches a tree she uses the two blade's to slide down in a circle around the tree and land safely on the ground she looks around to see if anyone landed near her.

Myst blushes "I-I don't mind" she smiles and sleeps next to the fox girl when morning comes Myst's eyes pop wide open she zips out of her sleeping bag and gets ready instantly skipping and smiling the whole time she can't believe the day has come she's so excited and can't wait being almost the first person to eat and shower and get ready grabbing her weapon and following everyone to the cliff when they finally get there Myst by this time is basically fan girling unable to hide her excitement she counts down the seconds until she's finally launched as well she smiles and cheer's putting her fancy wizard staff between her legs she does a few spins and starts to nose dive towards the ground right before she hits into it she pulls her staff up and activates the gravity dust in it riding it like a witch.

Yuuki looks around. She hears the girl from last night as she zips through the sky. She looks for a way out of the forest and runs that way once she finally found it. "I'm surprised this forest is so calm."

She reaches outside of the forest and looks up in the sky and her surroundings to locate where exactly she's at in regards to everyone else. "I wonder where Zai and Lance landed?"

The others seemed to have quickly found their way down while Carmine was executing his landing strategy. The only one he saw was Myst. Carmine heaved a sigh as he wondered to himself if he would even be able to keep up with Myst's energetic streak. Even if, technically speaking, neither of them had landed yet due to both of them being above ground he was fairly certain that was semantics at this point as the both of them had already executed their landing strategies.

Carmine lowered himself into a low crouch on the shaft of his cane to place the crook back into the top of it. He then channeled his aura into the can to retract the blade, thereby freeing it from the tree. Carmine grasped his cane firmly in one hand while placing the other on top of his bowler hat, and in the moment gravity began to pull him towards the ground once more he kicked off from the tree to begin jumping from one branch to the next as he trailed after Myst.

At first Carmine thought to himself that he would simply catch up with Myst and keep pace with her, but a flash of black in his periphery along with the sound of something large forcing its way through the air forced a change of plans. Carmine used his semblance to cover the remaining distance in one move as he extended his aura around himself to allow him to grab a hold of Myst mid-leap without her suffering injury due to the sudden change in speed. Carmine extended his arms to wrap one around Myst's shoulders and the other under the knee bend of her legs as he jumped down a few branches to put some distance between the two of them and whatever that thing in the air was. He knew of only a few airborne Grimm, but all of the ones he knew of were bad news.

CorgiDream CorgiDream Inufandom Inufandom

Myst is zooming through the air enjoying the air blowing through her hair not really paying attention to her surroundings until she was stopped quickly and abruptly her body lurching forward but not flying off the staff and then next thing she knew she was being carried she looked up at the person who was carrying her "Oh hey Carmine" she smiles at him "What was all that about did you really want to be my partner?" She wiggles her eyebrows and giggles

Zai was still blasting along, oblivious to everything around him. He flipped himself in the air, bringing his weapon around to slow himself enough to make an actual landing. He fired several rounds, each one slowing him down until he managed to land on a tree branch on the ouskirts of a clearing. He took a second to gather himself, listening for anything nearby.

He hopped down to the ground, already the rush from his personal roller starting to fade. He spotted a massive shadow over the clearing, and he instantly crouched down. "Wow. That's one big bird." He commented. Positive he hadn't been seen by it, he exited the trees and proceeded north to the objective.

As he walked, he could hear the sounds of birds and woodland creatures. But none of that was thrilling him. Nothing was happening, and his already short attention span was quickly getting the better of him. On and on it seemed that the trek continued.

"Why must it be so ungodly boring?" He exclaimed.

And that was when the Ursa attacked from the shadows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back