• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY Saga: Menagerie [Arc 2 IC]

Charlie

@Tags: IG42 IG42 xAlter xAlter

"A welcome home to you both then. 10 years is certainly a long time to be away."
She took a sip of her tea. She sat back, her hands on her lap. "As for stories...while i have my favorites, yours in the one I'm interested in right now Luna. A girl, hardly more than twenty At the oldest if i were to guess, runs away from home before she was even a preteen? There must be more to it than just simple rebellion and wanting to see the world, especially that young. After all, boats don't come frequently to this island. Not official ones anyways. So either you just happened to pick a day a ship was here, you'd been planning to run for a while which is interesting if itself in this idyllic place. Hmm...or perhaps you were smuggled out by either the Fox's Fang or the Snake's." Charlie Balked. "I'm sorry, I got a bit carried away there. I don't even know how a young girl would get in touch with either of those Fangs. It is true however I'm interested in you and your story. And what it is you desire that brought you back home after a decade of running away. It must be something major, or one of you are, the way you guys draw attention." Her gaze shifted between the two. "Though...that might just be the locals being wary of new faces, what with the disappearances, and I'm looking for a story where there isn't one." she admitted.
Clem"Ain't got no squid today. It's a little too early in the season for them to be out and about. But I got the eel sure 'nough. There's always plenty of the them. Things breed faster than rabbits on the north side of the island. And second...it's just Clem. If you're gonna "Mister" me, it's Mister Vodyanoi. Though I'd prefer just Clem." He said, huffing while wrapping up some eel. By the time he finished his smile was back. "300 Lien for the eel. As for caverns...well there's miles of them all around the circumference of the island. Can't say I've explored and mapped every one of them, not by a long shot. But I'm pretty familiar with I'd guess half of them. Often some of the rarer cuts I sell come from them. All sorts of places to hide down there. Why? There a specific one you're lookin for? I do custom orders occasionally for the right price, it just depends on what it is you want. Though if it's tours of some of the more popular caves and ruins you're best bet is to talk to Ran down the road. Real tourist-y shop ya can't miss it...though I haven't seen her in a while."
Menageriites

@Tags: ChazGhost ChazGhost
"A master of slight of hand you say?" the redhead responded. "That's interesting." Shooting a look towards the others she asked a silent question. "I don't know if..." began Lily "He can handle it? You might be right Lil...but I can't wait to find out" Jaz interrupted.

"First, tell us your story. Who you are, what brings you to our little island, that kind of stuff. Then I'll give you your challenge. Pull it off well and you just might get my name. If you're really that interested. If it helps, you can just call me Red until then." the girl said, batting her lashes.

Crystal grabbed a table nearby, pulling over an extra seat for Croc. "Well go on then. Start the story"

Croc and Bruno

Nearby: Team Menagerie, Fisherman, and girls.
@Tags: xAlter xAlter Brinni Brinni Chak Chak

"My story? Well, to make shorter I give you the quick version" Croc said sitting down at the table. "Life began after a huntsman picked me up from the river as a baby. My parents or whoever didn't want it seemed and just tossed me away. After that, the huntsman himself dumped off at an orphanage, run by racist it seemed. Life there was a bit hellish and I ended up leaving there at the age of seven I ran away, well until I bite the hand of orphanages caretaker after he tried to cut my tail off" Croc said with a toothy smirk. "After that, I lived on the street and I may have died on the street if I didn't have natural skills with... sleight of hand" Croc stated hinting to what he did with his skills.

"About a year later I meant my soon to be Adopted mother. She took me in and taught more about sleight of hand. Some time after she took me to what was soon to be my home, where didn't just gain her as a mother but I also got a father and brother. It was... Really nice" Croc said giving genuine smile after remembering back to those times. "Anyways years later and much training me and brother went to beacon were we've been studying for this year until shit hit the fan there recently, as you may have heard. Then not so long ago were evacuated from there and sent off to Vacuo to contiue our training. Now we are all minor mission, nothing big just hunting Grimm mainly. Our is to hunt Grimm in the waters around Menagerie" Croc said lying about the ending as to give away their true mission and it's important to people he didn't know... yet.
"I'm sorry, mist... I mean Clem" Bruno apologized for incorrectly calling Clem mister Clem. Then Bruno handed the Lien for the eel and put the wrapped eel under his arm. "Well, we are looking for a certain plant that's supposed to be growing in one of the caverns. Have you seen any down in cavern's when you have explored them?" Bruno asked as he also took a mental note for Ran and their tourist shop as the next place to ask if Clem didn't know of the plant.

Culpeo Albain

@Tags: xAlter xAlter Brinni Brinni

Taking Tsana's use if her middle name in stride Culpeo idly laid an arm on the table while keeping the other resting on his leg where he could easily draw a weapon if necessary. While still putting on an air of calm he started to feel a little uneasy while Charlie tried to pry into Tsana's story and his eyes narrowed at the mention of his father, he also realised he didn't really know anything about the circumstances of Tsana's disappearance.

Naturally when people disappearing came up he sat up and leaned forward feeling a touch of guilt at seizing on the chance to change the subject. "People are going missing? That sounds like a much more important story to be looking into, I take it that's why everyone seems so cautious lately. How many has it been?" Talking with this woman could turn out to be useful even if she wasn't associated with the White Fang at all though he still hoped he would be able to get in contact with one of his father's associates soon.

IG42 IG42 Chak Chak ChazGhost ChazGhost LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 xAlter xAlter
Clem:

“You’re gonna have to narrow it down a bit there boss. There are dozens of dozens of plants. And miles worth of caverns. Got like…a picture or something? A name? A description? Much as I wish otherwise, I’m not a mind reader. I’d get more sales if I was.” He said with a deep laugh. He dived once more to wet himself.

Charlie:

Tapping her finger on the glass top she mused “How many? Hmm. Let’s see. They started three months ago….assuming the rate stayed the same….somewhere around 35? It’s been around three people a week. I’d agree that it’s a good story but there are no details. It’s like they just…evaporated. Poof. Not a single trace. There’s not even any pattern to it. All walks of life, no significant connections, no leads. The only thing they all have in common is that they’re all faunus. Didn’t you know about all this? I thought that was Onyx Belladonna I saw you all with.”

She looked at her wrist where a sharp looking watch sat. “Oh shoot. I’m gonna be late for my shift. Enjoy your time back home. Oh, and look up tonight. It’s supposed to be a clear sky to see the moon. It always looks beautiful from here, and sometimes it helps me with whatever I’m wrestling with. Here’s my card, maybe we can meet up later. I’ll help you with what you need. Bye!” She pulled out a solid black card with silver lettering and left it on the table with some Lien for a tip for the waitress. Rushing off before they could say much else she vanished.

In silver lettering on one side of the card it said “Charlie Webb. Concoctionist.” No address, nothing. The other side, in the same flowing font, listed an address in small font and a skull and crossbones dominating the center of the card.

Girls:

“Well that certainly is quite the story there Croc” Crystal said somberly.

Jaz looked suspicious regarding the whole thing. “Orphan turned pickpocket turned Huntsman? Seriously? I’m sure I’ve heard that one before” she scoffed. Though she withered under Red’s gaze. She backed off, grumbling.

Lily, for her part said nothing.

“Alright. Fair is fair Croc. You told me your story, now for the task” Red said, grinning at the others. “You claim to be a master of “sleight of hand”, but I wonder how good you are.”

“Red, come on don’t-”

“Shh Lil. Let her.”

Red cleared her throat and the others quieted down. “As I was saying. We’ll find out how good you are. The task is easy enough. You’re gonna swap out the mask of one of the Fang members with this” she rummaged through her bag and pulled out a half mask. It was painted red and black in the visage of a Beowulf. She also took out her scroll and pulled up a picture of a man. “This is my cousin. We’ve got a bit of a prank war going on. You can find him in a club called Purgatory tonight. You switch out the mask on his belt with this, snap a picture, and then bring his mask here to me in the morning. The important thing is for him not to know it was you, obviously. Once he sees the new mask he’ll know it’s a prank and he’ll be able to get the real one back from me…unless you lose it I suppose.”

Crystal and Jasmine started laughing at the proposed challenge. “Red. That’s so not fair outsourcing help in the prank war.”

“I use you two sometimes don’t I?”

“Well yeah but Reese knows about us.”

“Which makes Croc a secret weapon.”

“I suppose that’s true.”

Red turned back to Croc. “You do that and not only will I tell you my name, I’ll even treat you to breakfast. If you lose, you treat all of us.” She held out her hand to seal the deal.

Croc and Bruno

Bruno:
"Right... I guess I should give more details" Bruno said pulling out his scroll and going to were his typed down the details of the plants on it. "The plant is called Pandraji or Primula cristoniana, it's a glowing plant, and I the bulbs of plant attracts sea creatures. Does this ring any bells?" Bruno asked hoping that would serve enough as a description for the plant.

Croc:
"While my life story may sound like a tall tale, I can ensure you it's true. If you want to confirm it, you could ask my buddy, Bruno..." Croc commented pointing to Bruno in distance talking to the fisherman after Jaz gave her thoughts on his tale. Croc listened to the little mission Red gave him, mentally noting the details of her cousin and that he needed to switch his mask for a black version. "Sounds easy enough, a simple swap with some photographic proof of it being done. And a free breakfast along with your lovely, once it's done, sounds wonderful..." Croc said taking Red's hand and shaking. "Now if you wouldn't mind I have a question..." Croc said pausing and point at the black White Fang mask. "It more for own curiosity sake but what does a black White Fang mask mean or is it just something you crafted yourself for the prank war?" Croc asked not sure it was because he never been to Menagerie before but he thought he could pull off a lot better prank then just switching out masks.

ClemClem's face fell at the mention of the plant. "'Aye. I know it. More importantly I know that ain't something you wanna go seek out. Trust me. I dunno whatcha need it for, but it aint worth the danger." Glancing around at the group that was still remaining he sighed. "But I know Huntsmen when I see them. Almost as stubborn as sailors."

Diving down below, but jumping back up and sitting on the dock he ran his fingers through his hair. "RIght. So Pandraji only grows in some ruins out near the north side of the island. Labrythine, those ruins. Only know the plants there cuz sometimes fish pull some out. Wouldn't be so bad, but that area's a nesting ground for a buncha different things. Them Sawtooths and Feilongs are found there in plenty. Plus more mundane fish, sharks, turtles, eels and the like. Though watch out for the electric ones. The worst thing there though are the Moarbucks. Hardly ever leave the ruins. Glimpsed one once, never went back after. At least 60 foot long if not more. Fifteen foot wide. Least the one I saw. I'm tellin ya kids, aint no mission you're on worth riskin it.
Menargeriites

"This? Nah it's nothing major. Think...dunce cap I guess." Jaz replied. "Just shows they were careless with their stuff."

Jaz spun the mask once before sliding it over. She then reached into her pocket and pulled out a card. The card was pitch black with a skull stitched in silver thread dominating the card. It also listed an address in small font on the other side of the card.

"Your....entry pass of sorts. You'll need it to get in."

Last edited:
Iliaya Rosewood

Nearby: Team Menagerie
@Tags: IG42 IG42 xAlter xAlter ChazGhost ChazGhost

Iliaya had to work hard on not giving in to her innate want to just walk away from the entirety of the mess as she, rather unfortunately, listened in to the crocodile faunus effectively slowly but surely let himself be suckered into some sort of silly mess that was bound to get people into trouble. This wasn't what she was here for. In fact, none of this was what she was here for, but apparently on doesn't simply do a task and get recompense. A frustrated sniff told her that the soft cloth on the inside of her eye band still hinted at the brine she'd been left to flounder in. She didn't give to anger quickly most days, but to have just been left in the depths of the ship as she had...

Shaking her head and clearing her mind to the best of her abilities, Iliaya instead let her focus narrow back onto the task at hand. Nudging Bruno, Iliaya regarded the understanding that she was about to offer to be going, effectively, back into the 'brine' as it were. For a stupid plant that none had bothered to actually tell her the importance of. But for father, anything.

"Thank you for the information Clem. Perhaps you have a map for my compatriot here to follow, and know where we may get some gear for traversing beneath the waves?" she asked with a slight smile to the kindly fishmonger, before leaning close and whispering into Bruno's ear, "Your fool friend is agreeing to something involving White Fang masks. This is not why I'm here. I''m here for the plant."

Croc and Bruno

"A dunce cap? I see" Croc said before grabbing the mask and putting into a hidden pocket on him. Then he was given a black card with some small white lettering. Croc looked over the card for a second before putting into another one of his pockets. "Thank you for the entry pass. Anything else I should know about the club? People to avoid, clients of interest, and maybe any of your cousin's friends who hang out there or work there" Croc asked wanting a few more detail of the little mission ahead. He preferred to be prepared for his stealth missions.

Bruno pulled out his scroll and marked down the location Clem gave for the plant's location and noted down the other information Clem gave. He especially marked down the information for the Moarcuks and noted to looking into them more once he got the chance. "For the mission, we've to be charged with, I afraid our mission is worth the risk because failer could bring far worse trouble," Bruno said seriously to Clem.

Then Bruno looked at Ilaya. "Oh ya we still need to go over the details of the mission with you" Bruno realizing they never did so. Then Ilaya pointed out Croc was possibly getting himself in trouble. "I'm sure Croc knows what he's doing. He has his downsides but he trustworthy person and loyal teammate" Bruno said smiling as fully believed the words he spoke.

Menagerie Girls

Nearby: Croc
"Oh sure. They confiscate any and all weapons, or anything that could be used as such, before you ever set foot in the club. You can't get anything past them." Crystal said.

"And since you're new, the owner will probably want to meet you. He's a bit...strange. You'll see."

"Easy enough." Red said, glancing over to the group he came from down the street. "You should get back to your friends. They keep glancing over here. We'll see you tomorrow Croc"

The girls grabbed their bags and walked off, talking amongst themselves. Lily looked back as they turned a corner and gave him a wave.

Clem

Nearby: Team Menagerie
@Tags: ChazGhost ChazGhost Chak Chak IG42 IG42 xAlter xAlter
He looked at the assembled group of kids with a practiced eye. Not one of them seemed unnerved at the prospect of having to face down a Moarbuck for some plant. He sighed. "Your funeral kids. Oh, something else if you're heading out that way. There's some kind of underwater bunker or something by there. Not sure who owns it or works in it. But it showed up in the last couple of months. So somebody else might be keeping an eye on the plant and the ruins they lie in. Just keep your eyes peeled"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back