• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Grimm Hunter (An RWBY X Monster Hunter Crossover)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Morning Sean... How's it... Wait, what the hell happened to you??!" Sonora exclaimed as she noticed his neck, and went to take a closer look. "Do you need anything? Anything at all?" she asked in a worried tone, despite her dead appearance, she was wide awake. She looked at Damian, and then at Sean, unsure of what to do. Then she looks at peter, and shook her head. "Petey, do you think you can tell me what I need to treat this?" CapRock CapRock Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Sean smiled and blushed a little at all the attention he was receiving, and the fact it was all being focused on his neck only made it worse as the flush in his cheeks slowly spread to his neck. "Really, its nothing," The hand not holding the coffee started to move to the back of his neck, but stopped short as he caught his own habitual tick. "I just rub the back of my neck sometimes when I am not quite sure what to do with my hands." The young mans shoulders sag just ever so slightly as he sips his coffee, trying to hide behind it.

CapRock CapRock Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Damian

What seemed like an innoccent enough comment quickly descended into a downward spiral of misunderstandings as Sonora walked in and pointed that out. Damian wasn't all too interested in it, however, and held off Sonora's shoulder, saying:
"Nevermind that, honey. We gotta talk about making a move before it's too late. Set some milk for your dad, I'll get the bags ready." With that, Damian gave a nod to Peter and headed out.

Cassie

After taking enough time taking pics and playing, Cassie showed up with a waddling Sini in the kitchen. Peter quickly explained her the situation and Damian's decision, which she listened quietly with a nod or two. She turned to Sean and said:
"Welcome back, Sean, and good job. We'll give you a hand this time around, and we won't stop until we find what we're looking for. Oh." Cassie stopped with a giggle when she realized Sini had reached Sean and now waved her stumpy arms up and down to him. "Looks like she wants to say hi to you too!"

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Karcen Karcen Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna

"O-ok Damian... I will be back." She said as she did what was asked of her. And not too soon after, she felt Cherry and Sonora Jr. tugging on her pants. Sonora sighs in an exasperated manner as she picked them up. "Can't keep you two down for a minute huh? You both have too much energy!" and the more she thought on it, the more she wondered how they even got out of their crib in the first place. She then shook her head as she then sat down on the couch in the living area as the girls crawled around, babbling at each other. The milk was ready for their trip, with Grandpa magnus saving it for the babies of the household. "Alright, Sonora! All of your baby stuff is ready for your trip! Now go get your bags ready, and go freshen up while you are at it!" Sonora sighed exhaustively as she got up, and went upstairs to freshen up.

Clifford giggled as he walked up with Aslan in his arms, watching Sini wave at him. "Really outgoing she is. Something tells me she really likes ya! And how was your job? Find anything interesting?" Clifford asked curiously as Aslan stared at Sean, mouth agape unconsciously.
CapRock CapRock Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Sean nodded politely and smiled at Cassie. "I feel like I'm the one lending the hand here." He said looking around at the assorted group that had been working together for a while before he joined them. The unexpected weight on his leg and sudden movement brought his eyes down to the little one looking up at him. "Hello there..." Setting his coffee down and then reaching down to lift the child easily in his arms. "How are you doing?" Sean did not change his voice to adopt a 'baby voice', instead talking to the child like he had with every other adult in the room. Comfortably holding Sini in his arms, as if this was a common occurrence for him. The young man smiled easily looking up at Clifford. "I think she does too."

CapRock CapRock Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

(Skipping under Emp's request)

- 2 Days Later -

Peter

Menagerie's docks were - as usual - a hot, crowded mess as our heroes landed on it from their trip. It was an odd place, a mash between peaceful paradise and weary cage, for many of the inhabitants knew they wouldn't be as welcome anywhere else in the world. Speaking of those, Peter had never seen so many faunus in one place that he felt like the odd one out there. Would they oppose them helping them there if they realized some in the group were human? He walked down the dock with that question pleaguing his mind, travelling light, as usual, thanks to his handy semblance.
"I've booked a hotel for us near the outskirts of the city." Said Damian, dragging his and Sonora's luggage behind him. "Sis, Peter, Sean, Gamora. Keep your head down and your words short; the Faunus aren't our enemies, but they aren't too fond of... 'Strangers' nosing around their homeland." He avoided calling them 'humans' lest some Faunus could hear it.
"If they've done nothing wrong, then they should have nothing to hide." Cassie replied. "Our focus are the monster attacks, anyways. The sooner we get to those, the better for everyone, right?"
"Right!" Peter agreed. "i've been working on some tracking devices to help out with those. I can't wait to show them to you!"

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Karcen Karcen Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna

"Years upon years of mistreatment does that to you. We faunus have taken a lot from humans, caged, enslaved, and a lot of other stuff. And the people of Menagerie live here to have their own place to call home. Us being here kinda disturbs the peace a bit." Sonora stated in reply to cassie. "It isn't about doing anything wrong, but it is the many years of injustice taught us to not really trust others. My god I am starting to sound like Blake..." She added as she began to realize her talk of oppression, and history and such. She shook her head and then sighed. "Let's just get this over with." She muttered.

Gamora was rather confused until Sonora gave her explanation. This world was totally different. Here, Faunus heavily disliked humanity. Whereas back home, humans lived in harmony with the Wyverians, working to better their tech, make the most of farmland, and make the hunt all the more thrilling. "Everything is way more different than I thought... back home, humans worked closely with us Wyverians. But here humanity seems to be in a tense relationship with Faunus... interesting..." Gamora put her hand up to her chin. The area was beautiful, and the people were of unique species. A bear here, a cat there, even a lizard running a shop near the pier. She grew curious and fascinated. "Y'know Sonora, the researchers back home have really taken a shine to you. They grow more and more fascinated by the idea of a humanoid species besides Wyverians existing in the same world. Maybe some time you can answer their questions?" "What do I look like, a side show freak? No!" "Think about the possibilities! There will be a point where we could use the help of the Faunus to make things easier for everyone! Ranging from hunting to farming, even construction!" Sonora looked at Gamora with the most curious and yet puzzled look on her face. Gamora smiles smugly, and chuckles. "And don't worry, Wyverians treat everyone equally, though they may not get too attached since they will outlive you in terms of lifespan." "Gamora... You are the weirdest out of all of us. Even more so than Peter! But... you convinced me. Next time we visit Astera, I will be the guest of honor for their little interview." She said, with a bit of defeat in her voice as Peter brings up tracking devices. "Right! What did the report say? Howling with red and blue flashes? I do not want to assume, but I think I may know what is the cause of such things. I need more information before I can confirm my assumption correct..." "What do you think it is, Gamora? is it a Tobi Kadachi and Deviljho running amok?" Clifford asked excitedly. "No, I think it may be a Zinogre, as well as a Stygian Zinogre... but I cannot be sure with the reported info alone. I need to gather any sort of signs of them possibly being here. My scoutflies can help with that. And you and your nose can too!" "I don't feel comfortable sniffing someone's @$$ Gamora."

Things went quiet when a familiar face walked up to the group, with another person with a monkey tail standing next to her. A young woman with cat ears, arms crossed staring at them. "Oh! Hi Blake! Long time no see!" "So that is the guy you told me about, right?" monkey man asked Blake as she nodded. "Yep, Clifford." She then looked at Clifford, and then everyone else. "I assume you all are here because of the reports going out? I trust you won't draw too much attention to yourselves? Humans around here are not exactly welcome here, unless there is a good reason." CapRock CapRock nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna Karcen Karcen SlightlyOpenCurtains SlightlyOpenCurtains

Lapis had been living in her hometown for a few months, mostly working on various things and thinking her life over, with the return of her emotions she had unlocked so much she hadn't even realized she had lost. Before, she had known who and what she was Lapis had never doubted her choices and had never thought of anything but what she had chosen. That was no longer true she could no doubt and now realize just how narrow she had been in her thinking. Lapis now could actually wonder if she wanted to be a huntress and why she had even become one. There had been other practical reasons for her extended stay for the cure to her condition had caused her to physically mutate causing her to be closer to the animal she had only just resembled before. Lapis had needed new clothes and possibly a new weapon for now she had so many more options and several new arms.

Today Lapis had gone to the docks to look over the latter catches of the fishermen to perhaps make dinner when she spotted a very familiar group. Lapis was surprised they were here as she was unsure of any monster attacks, and thus any reason for them coming here. Lapis felt she should go to them and rejoin the group for the hunts once more, they were her friends after all. Still she had another slightly more devious idea just to see how much she had changed. While few could say they knew much of her before, they had at least a decent understanding of her logic. Lapis needed to see just how different she was now to those that knew her, if they could realize who she was or if they wouldn't realize it.

Lapis went up to the group once Blake had taken her leave of the humans " My my guests of blake we don't see to many hunters around here" She said her voice only barely resembling her old cold monotone with her new warm excited tones. " You guys won't really find much in the way of lodging around here and i have always wanted to meet hunters how about you stay with me?" She asked her voice sounding eager to meet the hunters.

Peter had visited Menagerie once before, and was still awestruck by the beauty of the place and it's people. He had never seen a problem with Faunus and had always tried to have friendly relations with them, seeing them as just another group of people, not an animal or inferior species. But he found himself nodding at the cautious words and decided to just keep quiet, watching and listening while the group made their way through the city.

Sean tilted his head slightly and smirked as Gamora and Sonora chattered excitedly, interested to see how this would play out. He subtly stepped to the side and out of the way to better watch the conversation unfold, also it was easier to watch the crowd if he was not caught up in the discussion anyways. If they wanted or needed his opinion he was sure they would ask him for it. The young man was keen on using a tracking device, which would be huge improvement over either walking blindly through ruins or forests, Sean was not a great tracker after all.

Once Blake and her friend had departed the young man watched as an arachnid Faunus approaches the group, Sean tries to suppress a shiver and gripping the straps of his backpack tighter and moving to the back of the group. All the while trying to be as small and unnoticeable as possible, and doing his best to not run screaming or start shooting or beating the nice spider-Faunus lady.

CapRock CapRock Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Karcen Karcen Lord0fFate Lord0fFate nimona nimona

Cassie

"Apparently, that's the idea, yeah." Cassie told Blake when she asked if they were hanging low. Judging from Sonora and Gamora's conversation, this was every bit as touchy of a topic as her brother made it out to be, yet the notion of picking words carefully towards would-be allies still annoyed her a bit. "We are here to help, just let us do it."
Thankfully, the other faunus quickly left their sight without so much as a hitch, quickly replaced by the appearance of a much friendlier spider faunus. As soon as she spoke, however, Cassie was struck by an odd feeling. Had they met before? No, she'd certainly remember such an exotic sight. She glanced around to measure reactions; Peter didn't seem to mind, Damian was squinting as usual and Sean was visibly distressed. She slowed her walking pace until she was near the latter, leaving the jobs she didn't like for the others to handle. The huntress then poked Sean in the ribs with her elbow, opened a smirk and said:
"You okay there, buddy? You look live you just saw a ghost."

Peter

"Well, well, well, if that's not convenient! And for the both of us at that!" Peter said, nodding with a smile. He extended his hand to the excited faunus lady, saying: "Peter Russet, huntsman. If you really think it's not too much trouble, it'd be of great help to bunk over while we do our mission... Right, guys?" He added, looking at the rest of the team for confirmation. Damian shrugged.

"I am more than glad you all are here. Just don't draw too much attention to yourselves, Not many of the people here take kindly to strangers on their island. And yes, I will allow you to house our guests until their job is done. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some things to take care of." Blake then walked off, with the group looking at Lapis, who seemed awfully familiar to them. "Alright then, let's go. We need to rest up before we can begin our mission." Sonora said as she followed Lapis, alongside the others.

Blake had entered her home, where her parents awaited. "Well? Did they arrive?" Her father, Ghira Belladona asked as Blake nodded. "Yes. They are going to be housed with a willing host until their job is done. Then they will leave. If I may ask, why ask them to come here?" "Blake, with what you have told me and your mother about them, they seem like the group that could take on this kind of thing. We know a lot about Grimm, but monsters that can howl as well have colored fur? We know next to nothing. We will meet with them to discuss some things." "But dad, people will be questioning-" "Blake, dear, We know that our people will question it, but if they see your former classmates, especially Sonora, I would think they could trust them." Kali, her mother, spoke up, with Blake's ears drooping as she growls. "They will be questioning you judgement because Clifford is here! They know about what he did! People will be afraid for their lives!" While a valid argument, Ghira, her father, shook his head. "That is all in the past. And from what you told us, he was forced into a situation he shouldn't have been in. It was only justified. He did not know what else to do, but to attack those who wronged him. And that is in the past, Blake. So long as he does not attack anyone here, I think we will get along just fine. Now, we are done with this discussion. Go rest up while I go to meet our guests." Ghira stood up, and went to their room to get ready as Blake looked down. "I am sure your father knows what he is doing. Have some faith in him." Kali said as she put a hand on her shoulder, and smiled reassuringly. CapRock CapRock nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna Karcen Karcen SlightlyOpenCurtains SlightlyOpenCurtains

It seemed they didn't realize who she was, Lapis had to fight the urge to smile. It had been hard to figure out how to control her emotions once they had come back. this would be interesting though she still was unsure why Sean was so odd around her. Lapis had once thought maybe he had issues with Fanus, but now he seemed okay with other faunus so she was confused. Lapis would just have to figure it out latter for now she was just going to see if they could figure out who she was over time.

" Okay sounds good follow me" Lapis said leading the group off.

Lapis would take them to her home which was outside of the town proper. Her home was like in the style of most of the other houses though was bigger than most with enough rooms for people to have rooms if they were paired up. The house was not very decorated and seemed to lack most of the lived in touches a normal one would have. Lapis had simply never had the need or desire to decorate more after she left she had simply packed everything up .

" here we are my place, though we might need to split into pairs for sleeping" She said though she knew most people were already in pairs so there shouldn't be a problem.

"Sounds good to me! Thanks a bunch for hosting us, it is very much appreciated." Sonora said with a genuine smile as they all put their luggage down, and got settled in. "Let's rest up a bit before going on the investigation. We will need the strength."
"But I wanna go now! I wanna get this over with so I can be with Sini and Aslan!" Clifford whined as Gamora shook her head.
"Clifford, could you please curb it until this is over? I feel the same as you, but I want to ensure the safety of the many lives here on this small island, as well as see how the monsters from the New World interact with foreign environments. Besides, we already know how you did it. Rather rough I must say." Clifford then shuts up with a blush on his face. "I though Cassie was about to slap me when I fell on her and-" "We were there!" Sonora interrupted as she took a deep breath. "Now, if I may ask, who do we have the pleasure of being acquainted with?" Gamora asked Lapis.
CapRock CapRock nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna Karcen Karcen SlightlyOpenCurtains SlightlyOpenCurtains

Damian

Old habits died hard. As Damian waltzed into the house, his gaze was all around the place, checking every bit and crevice, checking if there really weren't anything to worry about. And how could it be? The threat had been dealt with, and all that remained were the ghosts of a life of looking over the shoulder in his mind. He looked over at his wife and Gamora ganging up on Cliff and couldn't help but hold back a little snicker. "I'd just smile and nod if I were you." He told him. "Saves you energy for the big hunt."

Peter

"Wow, look at this place!"
Peter exclaimed as he looked around the house, minding very little the lack of decoration. "You should open up an inn business, would make some good money." As soon as he heard about the paired rooms, the young man glanced at Yukari like a middle schooler would stare at their best friend after the teacher announcing a group assignment. Yukari seemed confused at first, but then nodded with a slightly concerned expression, to which Peter pumped his fist in celebration.
Shortly after, Gamora asked for their kind and high-spirited hostess. Come to think of it, she didn't introduce herself when he did. What could be up with that? He turned back to her and awaited her answer.

(To Grim: I froze Cassie for one more round juuust in case you still wanna reply to her. Come back soon!)

Lapis could answer the question but she wanted to tease the others a little more and make them guess. it was a bit childish, but Lapis had missed being a child and should have the right to be a little childish. The question was how to put it, but after getting her emotions back Lapis was a far better ad libber than before. She also did wonder what they were hunting here as if there was a monster then Lapis should know. Well no matter Lapis was starting to think she should return and this was a good enough reason once they figured out who she was.

Lapis smiled " You already know the answer but you are asking the wrong question" She said with a chuckle figure the riddle as a bit to easy to solve, but hey it might take them some time to figure it out with the crazy difference.

Clifford took big sniffs of the air around him, a familiar scent hit his nostrils. He followed his predatory instinct, and sniffed the source out. Well, he found the source alright. And the source was standing right in front of them. "Now that you say that, I know that scent very well. In fact, I think you smell like Lapis. I wonder where she went off to...?" "Now that I think on it, She does smell like La- WAIT!" Sonora soon realized that their hostess was Lapis, and she then looked at Clifford. "That IS Lapis! I dunno what she did, but she is a completely different person!" Sonora then looked over the new Lapis, surprised and feeling like a fool for not noticing before. "What the hell happened to you?! Before you used to be a monotone robot who wanted nothing but monster blood spilled, now here you are, as happy as Damian after a steak dinner!" She exclaimed as she tried to contain her confusion.

Gamora pinched the bridge of her nose as she shook her head with a sigh. "Sonora, will you please calm down? I am sure she has lots to tell, but we have more pressing matters to attend to. Like potentially 2 Zinogre species running amok!" Gamora snapped in an annoyed tone, she then took a deep breath as Sonora stayed silent. "Thank you for hosting us for the duration of this job. Now, I assume the leader of this community will be coming to meet with us soon?"
CapRock CapRock Karcen Karcen Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate

Peter

"Sonora, please!" Peter said, cackling. "There's no way this fun, energetic lady who smells just like Lapis and has the same faunus trait as her is..." His speech became slower and slower as he proceeded, his brain slowly overheating with information. "...Is our friend who mysteriously disappeared... With all the documents on the Vapors' research on the disease... That affected her frontal lobe and shut down her emotions. ...Right?" He stared at the others, sweating bullets at the prospect that he had spent months looking for her only to have her sneak right under his nose.

Cassie

"Lapis! Is that really you?" Cassie said, taking a step to set her hand over her shoulder. "You've changed a lot... Glad to have you back with us." She glanced at Gamora and furrowed her brow at her outburst. Come to think of it, she had been brasher than usual lately and it was starting to stir her gut senses. "That was the agreement, yeah." She replied to Gamora. "Until then, I think we should be allowed to speak to old friends however we want without compromising the mission. It's not like they'll arrive any faster if we keep quiet." She pondered, then glanced at Gamora again with worried eyes. "Unless there's something else bothering you about this whole situation, in which case you should share it with us."

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Karcen Karcen nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Lapis was a little sad that they figured her out so fast, but really with cliford around they would have figured it out anyways. Lapis had in truth forgotten how sensitive his sense of smell was and how easily he would sniff her out. Well at least they had been looking for her, though she had left a note. Still it was nice to see their surprise at her changes, while her mind had changed so had her body, which was really annoying to get used to, having 6 arms was far different from having two. That was one of the reasons she had been sure it would have taken more time for them to figure it out. The talk with a leader would really not happen they had talked to Blake who was more or less in charge of dealing with outsiders. The issues with monsters was news to Lapis as if she had heard she likely would have tried to go fight them herself.

" I did say i would work on curing myself" lapis said with a shrug " It turns out that the cure also enhances fanus traits thus i even more spider than before" She explained moving her 6 arms to show that off " So i figured i would take some time off and think some things over, but what is this news about monsters i haven't heard anything about them?"

"Peter, the nose does not lie. I used to hunt down other monsters to have a meal every now and then, and people called us Odogaron the Apex Predators." Clifford said as he shook his head. And with Gamora being a little more aggressive than usual, he looked at her worriedly, and looked back at Cassie. Sonora did not like this either, and looked at Gamora with a blank look. "Spill it, Gamora, what has you all wound up?"

Gamora growled as Cassie, Clifford, and Sonora began to worry about her. "I have a very bad feeling that there is something more to this job than hunting 2 monsters, which could be 2 different Zinogre species. I have a feeling that there is something else going on, and we are being deprived of information, or nobody on the island knows what is going on. Don't any of you have this feeling, or is it just me?" She aggressively put her hands on her hips and shook her head. "And sorry Lapis, we were hired to investigate some noises, as well as flashes of red and blue with howling."

Sonora sighed, and spoke once Gamora finished. "I get it, you think there is more to this case than what we are given, but don't you think that maybe, just maybe, they are giving us the information that they already have? They are going off of what they hear and see, but they are clearly scared to do anything because they don't know what to do. That is why we were asked to do this. You, Cliff, and Cassie clearly have more experience with the more natural monsters from your world than the rest of us. We should get to it so we can find out what is causing this, and hopefully do it without anyone dying or getting hurt. So until then, please try not to lash out at anyone else, we are guests after all." CapRock CapRock Karcen Karcen Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate

Peter

"LAPIS!" Peter yelled, six months of anxiety and worry exploding from his self as he received confirmation. "I can't believe it really is you. You had any idea how worried we were? And to think you're back now, and even cured..." The young man was shifting back and forth, barely containing his happniess, trying to refrain himself from a hug. Old Lapis would barely react to a hug, but if she really was saved from her apalling condition, then it was a completely new matter. "Can I?" He asked, arms open wide and his best pupy dog eyes to back up his request.

Damian

Damian's attention got drawn in back to the conversation as Gamora mentioned her bad feelings about the situation. It was good to see that he wasn't the only one struggling to take a simple job as just that. Life was hardly ever easy for them and it wasn't going to start getting easy now. Cassie was also listening, arms crossed and nodding to what Sonora had to say.
"Couldn't have said it better myself, sis." Cassie told Sonora. "It's true that some Faunus don't trust us, but another thing altogether is messing international relations by sending a bucnh of huntsmen and hunters who have nothing to do with faunus politics to their deaths without a good reason to do so. They have to be meaning well."
"if that's the case, then the Belladonna won't be happy with having a bunch of humans nosing around, not here nor in their home." Damian said. "Either we send Son and Lapis to speak with them alone or we head in blind to draw our own conclusions. I'd say we just go. The less we depend on them, the better first impression we'll be making."

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Karcen Karcen Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate

" Yes you can" Lapis chuckled to Peter though she hugged him instead of letting him hug her, it really was a change from how she once was.

Still the idea that there might be a hunt around without her even knowing it was a little off putting. Lapis did doubt anyone here had a malicious reason to call for hunters, getting hunters killed was never a good look and that would just give anti faunus people more ammo to attack with. There had been the white fang but lapis was unsure how active they were. That old family business had really made them overly paranoid about things being traps, sometimes it was best to just head in. Lapis had always been one to go in blind to hunts, but that had been because she had not cared about what she was hunting only she was hunting. Still a blind hunt might be fun surprises were always fun these days.

" Going in blind is always fun we really don't have a reason to send hunters to their deaths on purpose just creates more issues outsiders may not be liked but things aren't yet hostile" Lapis said with a shrug realizing how close the situation could be to the island becoming violent.

"Right, I understand that meddling in their affairs is not a good idea, nor the fact that we are going in blind. But we were called here to help these people out. I don't care how it'll make us look, so long as no unnecessary loss is counted, and everyone is safe, that is what matters to me. And besides, we cannot back out now, that is for sure." Gamora said with conviction as she began to talk like a hunter, one that cared more about the people around her than the money. "Gamora, listen. If we go out there, and any of us die, it would look bad for my people. And I will not allow that to happen. I am not saying we are not guaranteed to come back safe, I am saying there is a chance things can go wrong here. I would be more comfortable getting information on why we were called here, more than what we were given." Sonora crossed her arms and looked at the blue haired woman, who then looked at Cassie and Lapis. "You all may be right, but I cannot stand by and allow a potentially massive threat linger, scaring these people to death! I once had to live that way, Sonora, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But dammit we need to do something to help them! They called us here, they need us! If they didn't need us, then why are we here?!" Sonora recoiled at her reaction, as well as Clifford.

As this was going on, there was a knock on the door. "Who do you think that is? It smells like Blake, but doesn't sound like her at all. Maybe it is a relative of hers?" Clifford said as Sonora walked up to the door. "Who is it?" "I am Ghira Belladonna, I was informed by Blake that you and your group were staying with Lapis. I need to inform you of why you all are here, in our time of need."
CapRock CapRock Karcen Karcen Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate

Last edited:
"Wait... THE Ghira Belladona? Well let him in!" Clifford opens the door, and then slowly backed away to make more room for him. "Thank you, it is an honor to meet you all, and I thank you for answering my call." "We're huntsman and huntresses, it's what we do!" Sonora said with a tinge of glee. She finally gets to meet the former leader of the white fang, who happens to be the father of one of her classmates! "But... Why did you call us here? Couldn't all of us here cause some problems for everyone here?" Damian stood back and let the conversation play out. "If he called us here, maybe he has a good reason to do so! Let's hear the man out, right? Maybe he can settle this for us once and for all!" Peter asserted his point as Damian shook his head and chuckled.

"Thank you young man, now... I called you all here because we have beasts on this island that not even I know anything about. I have had people coming to me, afraid of what they have seen. Giant wolves, one blue with electricity dancing on its body, and the other grey and white, with a strange red energy coming off of it." Ghira said in a rather feared tone as Gamora's eyes widened. "Mr. Belladonna, when we read the description for the job, I had my suspicions about what we would be up against. But hearing it out of you just outright confirmed it for me. You have a Zinogre, and a Stygian Zinogre on this Island. Now, is there anything else you can tell us?" Cassie was impressed with the initiative Gamora was taking in this matter, and smiled. "Yeah! Any additional info may help us with our investigation!" Cassie piped up.

"Actually, yes. The beasts seem uninterested in us, but will attack when someone gets too close. One of my people mentioned that they seemed to be on the lookout for something, as if there is something bigger than them roaming around." "That.... That is very abnormal Zinogre behavior. Zinogres never act like that, ever! Unless..." "Ghira, if I may call you that, wouldn't you think that maybe... Just maybe... There is Grimm roaming around? Afterall, the grimm thrive on negativity correct? If so, I would like to think that the Fanged Wyverns in question are defending their territory from them, and seeing you and your people as non threats." Ghira's eyes widened in horror at the thought, but the idea of foreign creatures defending their island while unintentionally protecting the people brought some comfort. "That was a possibility, but I brushed it off. Turns out I should keep it in mind." "Zinogres are the graceful badasses of my world, they make fighting look like an art form! But they are not easy to take down. But who knows! Maybe they won't try to kill us when they see us, or they will outright ignore us. I vote the latter." Clifford said in a rather upbeat tone. "Wait... if they ignore you all, then someone must have gained their trust in some way, like providing food or just keeping them company, hell, even bringing gifts. From my experience, the monsters where Clifford and Gamora come from are not mindless like the Grimm. They can think, feel, even analyze on the fly. If these Zinogres are ignoring you, then they may see you as a non threat because of trust, or an actual threat looming."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back