• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Adventures in Vale [No Longer Accepting]

GrieveWriter

U-Incorporated 2nd Class Type Unit
Dear aspiring Students,

Welcome to Beacon, a Huntsmen academy designed to train the next defenders of humanity. You have chosen this path for a reason, whether to master your weapon, to defend others, or simply for the ability to fight off every darkness that lurks within the world of Remnant. You may have many reasons, but none of them change the fact that Beacon will be a challenge. You will need to be prepared for trials that would cause the average person to shudder, and to encounter foes with enough power to put many lives at risk. Some of you may view this as a challenge, if it serves as a motivator then so be it.

But know this, though this tenacity may be more than enough to lead you to seek out power from this establishment, it takes more than tenacity to ward off the foes that surround us.

The Skies above Vale...

A large ship flew gently towards the sky, pushing onwards towards its destination, through the various windows one could see miles of the Kingdom of Vale below. Inside this ship were the next batch of Beacon's students, preparing to embark on a journey that would mold them into the defenders of humanity. They came from many walks of life, many stories, many backgrounds and many goals.

But what they shared currently was a destination, and on the way to that destination many of the soon to be Hunters and Huntresses in training conversed with one another openly. Discussions were opened up here and there, with a variety of topics ranging from common interests to expectations. Yes, though they'd be arriving at their destination within the hour, many were gripped by the anticipation as they approached what would be a new portion of their lives.

{(@theManCalledSting ) That would be a decent starting post, the character mingling may begin.}

A Pale Blonde Girl began lugging her luggage in search of someone who's willing to aid her with her luggage.

"Umm, Hello? Anyone where willing to lend a hand?" She said as she waved her hands wildly in an attempt to grab someone's attention.

She sighed and thought to herself, 'Well, the new me is going to start here...' as she continued to haul her luggage a corner away from the rest.

@RedLikeRoses

Last edited by a moderator:
WarZii stepped out of his circle of acquaintances to get a good look out a window as the aircraft approached Beacon. Looking outside the window with his arms behind his back he took a deep breath, "EVERYONE, Take a look This is the magnificent place where we will be spending the next chapter of our lives. Beautiful isn't it? New friendships, love, romance, and most importantly ADVENTURE!" He spoke with great enthusiasm. He glancing over his shoulder he noticed a girl who seemed to be in distress. WarZii's couldn't resist the 'Hero' inside of him, so he pushed his way through the crowd to confront the Pale blond girl.

"Don't worry Lil'lady. Warscewiczii Canna is always willing to lend a hand to those in need." He pointed at himself with this thumb. "What's your name" WarZii reached down to pick up the girl's baggage.

Oracle sat on a seat, waiting for the ship to stop its course so she could get the tension over with. Many thoughts raced through her head about who she would meet, what kind of people they would be, and how they would think of her. Especially how they would think of her. Her gaze wandered to the two people chatting near her. She put on a smile, then waved at them. "So. You guys ready for the academy?" She asked, the smile broadening at her own excitement for the school. A precarious eyebrow arched in question, willing them to agree. Well, hoping they would, at least.

MoltenLightning said:
Oracle sat on a seat, waiting for the ship to stop its course so she could get the tension over with. Many thoughts raced through her head about who she would meet, what kind of people they would be, and how they would think of her. Especially how they would think of her. Her gaze wandered to the two people chatting near her. She put on a smile, then waved at them. "So. You guys ready for the academy?" She asked, the smile broadening at her own excitement for the school. A precarious eyebrow arched in question, willing them to agree. Well, hoping they would, at least.
"Why, yes we are!" Mel replied to the young girl.

"Why don't you join us? It's better than just seating around an airship waiting for our stop!" Mel said as she waved her an invitation to the conversation.

'Yeah, new me's great...'

Oak couldn't stop moving about all willy nilly. This was just the most exciting day of her life, and she was way to excited to finally be going to beacon! "Oh yay, beacon academy at last omg this is so exciting I CAN'T WAIT!" Oak half whispered to herself. Oak attempted to keep herself under control with half success, rocking back and forth with excitement was her version of half calm. Her ears kept twitching at random in attempt to calm down.

Sapphire looked around, unsure of her surroundings. There was a lot of humans around her, and from her experience at attending Signal, bullies were most definitely out there. One of her wolf ears twitched involuntarily, as she scanned the majority of heads in the room. Only a few had ears, others had hats, and some just had normal heads. A scarce few had tails, but there still wasn't that many Faunus around them. Sapphire gripped her weapon's (that was in it's sword form) hilt out of nervous habit. Her goldish-blue eyes darted around and looked at all of the people. And to think that later on they would have to become teams... Here was the antisocial girl trying to go to a school that revolved around teams. Sapphire sighed and looked down at her small duffle bag, she had nothing more and nothing less. Her ear twitched one more as she looked back up into the crowd of students. 'Welcome to Beacon..' She thought sarcastically to herself.

RedLikeRoses said:
Sapphire looked around, unsure of her surroundings. There was a lot of humans around her, and from her experience at attending Signal, bullies were most definitely out there. One of her wolf ears twitched involuntarily, as she scanned the majority of heads in the room. Only a few had ears, others had hats, and some just had normal heads. A scarce few had tails, but there still wasn't that many Faunus around them. Sapphire gripped her weapon's (that was in it's sword form) hilt out of nervous habit. Her goldish-blue eyes darted around and looked at all of the people. And to think that later on they would have to become teams... Here was the antisocial girl trying to go to a school that revolved around teams. Sapphire sighed and looked down at her small duffle bag, she had nothing more and nothing less. Her ear twitched one more as she looked back up into the crowd of students. 'Welcome to Beacon..' She thought sarcastically to herself.
@RedLikeRoses

"OH MY GOD!" Mel screamed in excitement.

"IS THAT A FAUNUS!" she said as she ran to the Wolf Girl leaving the rest of the gang behind.

"OH MY GOD! YOUR EARS ARE SO ADORABLE!" as she jumped and down giddy like a school girl

"CAN I TOUCH THEM?!"

theManCalledSting said:
@theManCalledSting
The girl winced when a scream pierced her ever so sensitive ears. Her eyes widened, and her adrenaline escalated when the person that the scream emitted from made her way towards her. Sapphire took several steps backwards when the girl ran up to her, her ears flattening against her head in fear. A blush of embarrassment entered her cheeks as the stranger made the remark on how adorable her ears were.

'I'm supposed to be a savage beast.. not a cute puppy.' She thought bitterly to herself before replying with, "Uh.. thanks."

RedLikeRoses said:
@theManCalledSting
The girl winced when a scream pierced her ever so sensitive ears. Her eyes widened, and her adrenaline escalated when the person that the scream emitted from made her way towards her. Sapphire took several steps backwards when the girl ran up to her, her ears flattening against her head in fear. A blush of embarrassment entered her cheeks as the stranger made the remark on how adorable her ears were.

'I'm supposed to be a savage beast.. not a cute puppy.' She thought bitterly to herself before replying with, "Uh.. thanks."
@RedLikeRoses

Mel slapped herself and muttered, "Stupid! You're doing it again!" Mel returned to her formal stance

"I apologize about that... I'm well let's just say I'm one of the few who appreciate our Faunus brothers." Mel extended her hand.

"I am Melania Rosenburg, you may call me whatever it is that comes to mind... I would wish to know of your name."

"Pleasure to meet you Mel." He shook her hand, "Hrmm, Well being a Huntsman is in my family. So it's inevitable." WarZii hit his chest out of pride, "So you want to help Faunus. That's noble of you. I respect that." He looked at the girl that, "I'm more than ready to get started at Beacon. I hear they don't give as much homework as the teachers in Signal." Hearing Mel's shriek in excitement WarZii shrieked and covered his ear. "....so loud...."

theManCalledSting said:
@theManCalledSting
Sapphire stifled a small chuckle at how the girl slapped herself. There were plenty of times when she too wanted to slap herself. Once the girl apologized and introduced herself, Sapphire straightened and looked at her giving a shy smile.

"I'm Sapphire.. Sapphire Stone. And, uh.. you don't have to be that formal, y'know? I'm sorry I freaked out.. I just expected you to make fun of my ears..." Sapphire muttered her last sentence. Her eyes looked over to see the group that Mel was formerly talking with, and she saw the guy covering his ears. Was he a faunus too?

RedLikeRoses said:
@theManCalledSting
Sapphire stifled a small chuckle at how the girl slapped herself. There were plenty of times when she too wanted to slap herself. Once the girl apologized and introduced herself, Sapphire straightened and looked at her giving a shy smile.

"I'm Sapphire.. Sapphire Stone. And, uh.. you don't have to be that formal, y'know? I'm sorry I freaked out.. I just expected you to make fun of my ears..." Sapphire muttered her last sentence. Her eyes looked over to see the group that Mel was formerly talking with, and she saw the guy covering his ears. Was he a faunus too?
"Sorry, force of habit... Raised all high-society like, so.... umm yeah. but I love the ears!" Mel Coughed awkwardly...

"Soo... Are you seeing anyone..." she asked Nervously.

'Hello, Old Me... New Me was wondering where've you been.'

Oracle's eye twitched at the girl's screech, getting a little aggravated. But she kept herself calm, though she almost wanted to walk over there herself and give her some manners. Luckily, she apologized, making her feel a little less irked. She needed more patience, geez. Getting up, she walked over to the small gathered group. "And I, am Oracle. Sorry to just barge in, I was just... Curious." She stated, her eyes trained on the girl's ears.

theManCalledSting said:
"Sorry, force of habit... Raised all high-society like, so.... umm yeah. but I love the ears!" Mel Coughed awkwardly...
"Soo... Are you seeing anyone..." she asked Nervously.

'Hello, Old Me... New Me was wondering where've you been.'
Sapphire's eyes widened in shock, "E-Excuse me? I think you've been mistaken, I... like men." Sapphire couldn't help but be so abrupt about it, as she didn't know how else to say it. She had just met this person seconds ago and they were already asking about her love interest? The faunus' eyes flickered over to the person who had just entered in on the conversation, and a deep discomfort entered her. She pressed her ears further down onto her head, worried if that was what Oracle was looking at.

RedLikeRoses said:
Sapphire's eyes widened in shock, "E-Excuse me? I think you've been mistaken, I... like men." Sapphire couldn't help but be so abrupt about it, as she didn't know how else to say it. She had just met this person seconds ago and they were already asking about her love interest? The faunus' eyes flickered over to the person who had just entered in on the conversation, and a deep discomfort entered her. She pressed her ears further down onto her head, worried if that was what Oracle was looking at.
Mel smacked her head again and cursed herself once more.

"STUPID! YOU ALWAYS ACT LIKE THAT IN FRONT OF A FAUNUS! NOW SHE THINKS YOU'RE A MEGA CREEP!"

Mel sighed and slowly walked away and muttered to Sapphire, "Sorry... For making things awkward for you.."

Mel walked pass Oracle @MoltenLightning "Not a word, sunshine..."

theManCalledSting said:
Mel smacked her head again and cursed herself once more.
"STUPID! YOU ALWAYS ACT LIKE THAT IN FRONT OF A FAUNUS! NOW SHE THINKS YOU'RE A MEGA CREEP!"

Mel sighed and slowly walked away and muttered to Sapphire, "Sorry... For making things awkward for you.."

Mel walked pass Oracle @MoltenLightning "Not a word, sunshine..."
"Hey! It's alright! No need to be upset!" Sapphire called after her, but figured it was best just to stay put. She looked at Oracle for a second. "Um.. Hi. I'm Sapphire.. And you're curious about what exactly" The Faunus wished she could just make her ears disappear into nothingness, like she could often do with her semblance.

Oak rushed forward to look out the window. "wow what a view!" She said her ears perking up excitedly. Oak looked intensely out the window at passing birds and picking out cloud shapes. Most clouds to her just looked like dragons though.

[QUOTE="Kurai Okami]Oak rushed forward to look out the window. "wow what a view!" She said her ears perking up excitedly. Oak looked intensely out the window at passing birds and picking out cloud shapes. Most clouds to her just looked like dragons though.

[/QUOTE]
Mel finally getting over the incident with the faunus tried her luck with this new girl who was looking at the clouds.

Mel shuffled close to her but not too close.

"The Clouds look like Dragons, don't they?" Mel said in a casual manner in an attempt to spark a conversation.

Oracle noticed how uncomfortable she was, then shook her head. "Eh, sorry. I've just never seen a faunus before. Sapphire, was it? Nice to make your acquaintance." She told her, trying to ease the unease. (No pun intended) She put her hand on her hip confidently, a smile drawn upon her face. "So, do you have a Semblance?" She inquired, wishing to make small talk.

[QUOTE="Kurai Okami]Oak rushed forward to look out the window. "wow what a view!" She said her ears perking up excitedly. Oak looked intensely out the window at passing birds and picking out cloud shapes. Most clouds to her just looked like dragons though.

[/QUOTE]
Hansi stood by the window, watching the world fly by her. She nodded in response to the faunus's statement about the view "I know right? I mean, this city is huge enough as it is, but then we're gonna fly over it? People in this country have the weirdest ideas!" She looked over the city as it flew past. She tried not to be awkward, but she didn't have much experience with Faunus. There weren't any in her hometown. She adjusted her red tote bag, making sure her dance shoes were still hanging from the strap.

[QUOTE="The Succubi Queen]Hansi stood by the window, watching the world fly by her. She nodded in response to the faunus's statement about the view "I know right? I mean, this city is huge enough as it is, but then we're gonna fly over it? People in this country have the weirdest ideas!" She looked over the city as it flew past. She tried not to be awkward, but she didn't have much experience with Faunus. There weren't any in her hometown. She adjusted her red tote bag, making sure her dance shoes were still hanging from the strap.

[/QUOTE]
Mel tapped Hansi on the shoulder and said, "Um excuse me, but.."

"Okay Mel, try not to sound too rude, Just tell her she's sort of interrupting something..."

"I called Dibs on the faunus..."

"Wonderful Mel... There goes your reputation for the next four years here..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back