• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Rusty and STUNNING (brag to me about your OCs. fandoms and adventures.)

Mollisol

herrscher of fortune
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Howdy, prospective pardner!

My name's Molli, I've been out of the RP game for over a year now, and I want back in. So come by my fire, see if we get along, and show me those electrifying OCs you've made.

What settings and fandoms do I like?
  • RWBY. While my favorite era was Volume 2 and its urban feel, and I adored Ice Queendom, I can have fun in the more "swords and sorcery with guns" atmosphere of later volumes too. Simple stuff like having our OCs be a team at Beacon are great. Ideas wrapped in ten layers of AU are also great. Were you part of a RWBY RP that fell apart but you really liked something about it? Pitch it to me. Did you watch a fan animation or write a fic that'd make a great RP? Show me. Do you love RWBY and have zero plot ideas? Ask me for mine. This show is always going to have a special place in my heart.
  • Future-fantasy and martial arts-inspired adventures. My chief inspirations are Honkai Impact 3rd, Hunter X Hunter, and more than one iteration of Black Rock Shooter. Using one of those worlds would make it easy to get an RP off the ground - we know the power system, aesthetics, and everything we need to build conflicts. That way, we can skip those parts of worldbuilding, go straight to our OCs and their dynamics, and start. I'm not averse to original worlds, but I'd rather we start simple than complex for the specific purpose of starting sooner.
  • Persona, and iterations on its formula. I've played P5R, P5S, and P4G, and am slowly eating through P3 FES in preparation for Persona Q2. It'd be cool to run through a scenario like P4 or P5's with a set of OCs, or to try and make our own take on "dungeons in the cognitive world that reflect real people's issues." If you're interested, tell me what you like, or ask me about my "end of days" plot.
  • Judgment and "death game" scenarios. Big inspirations being MILGRAM, Danganronpa, and Your Turn To Die. Let's put our OCs through abject uncaring terror where they find hope in spite of it all! I am also alright with creating original settings and "death games" for this type of RP, if you come with an idea.
Tell me what you're most interested in, tell me about your characters, and feel free to ask about my own plots!

What should you know about me? And what am I hoping for from you?
  1. I only want to RP with people who are 20 or older. I'm 27 myself!
  2. I love big casts. It's okay if ours starts small and grows, or if you want to drop a ton of characters on me.
  3. I like writing friendly rivals, slow burn BFFs, found family, siblings, and other platonic pairs. If our characters have chemistry, I'll play F/F couples, but romantic pairs are not what drives me to RP.
  4. I love OCs, mine and yours. I only RP canon characters in the context of an AU, or as necessary for the plot to happen (for example, Velvet Room attendants in a Persona RP). While I'm more interested in your OCs than anything, I could be convinced to play alongside your portrayals of canon characters if you have an exciting plot and a reason our characters would stick together.
  5. If you introduce yourself or your OCs with preferred pronouns, this is not the thread for you.
  6. "What's your writing level?" "How long are your posts?" I will mirror your length and detail level, but if I were to run wild, I'd run 3-6 paragraphs per focal character in the scene. In every post, I try to move "what's onscreen" forward, while also offering a peek into my character's head and some hooks in the surrounding area where appropriate. I may be rusty, but my work is stunning.
  7. "How often do you post?" Depends on how long and involved our posts are! At least one in-character post a day, ideally many more. I wish I could give you a better answer, but it's been forever since I did this, I work 40-48 hours a week, and I only want to promise what I know I can deliver.
Lastly, I'd be remiss not to ask you to brag about your OCs while I didn't brag about my own. It is not necessary to include any of these characters in our RP. They are displayed to give you a taste of my writing style and the level of detail you can expect from my characters.

3987c3bdc4f943cdb329c06c7a6ea677.jpg

Created for a RWBY RP set after the events of the canon. S-rank dust thruster boots, SS-rank aerial martial arts, and SSS-rank fear of being left behind and alone. She wants someone to devote herself to, but she needs a rival!

Color allusion: Lanying (兰英) means "indigo lustrousness."
Species: Human

Aura color: Ultraviolet
Height: 5'9''

Weapon: Moonsault Blackouts, a pair of Kinetic Support Bullet Boots. These thigh-high boots fit over her socks (not to be worn with everyday shoes), fly and hover by way of gravity dust, and shoot bullets from the fronts and bottoms of the soles. She prefers to load them with explosive rounds, which she uses to punctuate her aerial kicks and propel her flight. Between her strong command of hand-to-hand combat, her devastating aggressive style, her skill with locks and holds, and her semblance, she is a crushing opponent at close range.

Notes: Dust isn't her favorite, since it introduces a bunch of new variables that she has to keep track of midair. She'll do it to impress a teammate or underclassman though. Her biggest weakness is fighting at range. She also has trouble with opponents that are tough enough to shrug off her weapon use, and too big to pin down.

Semblance: Speed Demon. Lanying can manifest devilish horns on her head and an arrow-pointed tail on her back, made of glowing energy from her aura. Touching them causes a feeling of windburn, and if she plows them into someone, it also causes blunt trauma. As her movement speed increases, more horns appear on her limbs, and she can fire them off at enemies or obstacles. She can also extend the tail's length and physical strength based on her speed (giving it carrying capacity and the ability to lash, throw, or grab enemies). When she gets up to her usual speed in combat - fast enough to keep up with cars on Vale's freeways - she can use the tail to wrap and lift something as heavy as an Atlesian Paladin.

Personality:
A thrill-seeker to the end, who will drag anyone along on her adventures. She loves open air, pushing her limits, bucking expectations, and being the fastest. She hopes you can keep up with her! She also hopes you'll believe it really is that simple.

Lanying is a more nurturing upperclassman than her "gotta fly fast" image would suggest. Her casual, gentle demeanor makes people quick to open up to her, and she always has time to help out or show someone around. When plans fall apart or people get lost, she finds it easy to chill and have fun anyway. On her team, she's always the first person to plan a fun post-mission celebration on the town, memorize everyone's birthdays and favorite things, and organize duo training sessions.

Actually, training is the only activity where Lanying really feels comfortable alone, and even then she'd rather spar with someone. For someone so adept at putting others at ease, she gets jumpy and frantic when she's by herself. She can't stop thinking about all the gaps between her teammates' competences and her own, both on the battlefield and off. (All the things she's no good at. Ranged combat. Dust tricks. Cleaning up. Sleeping on schedule.) She'll work herself into a frenzy, until she runs off somewhere crowded or goes somewhere fun with a teammate and calms down. Good thing they still respect her, right?

Lanying loves open air, pushing her limits, bucking expectations, and being the fastest. But she will have to slow down at some point. As far as she's concerned, it's better to crash than land by herself.

Bio:
Trimmed down heavily because I don't want to replay this particular AU, and a lot of her backstory was specific to it. Can be expanded to fit other RPs.
Lanying was something of a "sheltered girl" growing up. A rare Grimm-related disease runs in her family, the usual age of onset being in one's 30s or 40s; it debilitates one's body and slowly brings them to an early death over the next ten years. Her mother was somewhat obsessed with decreasing Lanying's risk factors. They were able to agree on Lanying becoming a Huntress, if only because the combat schools' power as an institution would be able to take care of her if the disease took hold. Thus, Lanying spent her adolescence devoted to getting into the most respectable combat school, and quite lonely. Her mother passed away before she graduated from Signal, leaving her alone (she never knew her father).

Other:
-> Has no sleep schedule. More nights than not, she'll find a buddy for an early-morning snack run.
-> Idolizes Yang Xiao Long (or the person she thinks Yang is), and has a poster of her and her bike hanging in her dorm.
-> Weapon inspiration: [x]

ystU9hY.png

Created for an apocalyptic-themed Persona plot. His crowning accomplishment is being someone you might actually want to hang out with, and having a mori-chic metaverse outfit.

Arcana: Hermit
Birthday: 5 February
Height: 5'11'' (180 cm)

Bullet traits:
-> Minori always has varying amounts of dirt on his skin or clothes, or at least water stains. It never seems to bother him though.
-> Every few months, he alternates between reading dozens of books and "I can't sit still long enough to read a book."
-> His favorite season is the rainy part of summer. He loves thunderstorms, yet is scared of thunder.
-> Despite being deeply uncomfortable with cities and crowds, he always makes it into town to donate vegetables to a local food bank, or to pick up his favorite comfort food (the strawberry sandwiches sold at a certain convenience store).

Personality:
Laid-back, introducing himself with a smile. He acts cheerful; when something makes him nervous or angry (like the visions of the black obelisk, the prospect of going into town, or hearing of other people living in fear), he either blocks it out or runs. He's loathe to say it, but he feels like he's growing numb, with happiness leaving first. Still, Minori hasn't given up hope that he can be as comfortable around others as he is in his growing solitude, or at least make some sort of positive change. So he projects a relaxed smile and peaceful demeanor. It's not easy. Most of the time he'd rather just stay away from anyone who might notice how he's fading.

Bio:
His father is a sailor who's away for long periods of time, and his mother works at a factory. As a result, Minori spent a lot of time alone growing up. He took a liking to plants that persists today; currently, he grows a flower and vegetable garden outside his house, and a parade of succulents sprawls over his desk. Throughout middle and high school, he was a member of the gardening club, but was a frequent target of bullying, due to being the only boy in the club and lacking other useful skills.

The increasingly personal ribbing compounded with how Minori disliked himself for his worsening grades despite his earnest efforts, and how he could no longer discern the herds of other kids from anyone he liked to spend time with. He went through an angry period where he shut out anyone who stuck close to him, cut class to wander the trails near his house, and shunned people in general. In fact, the crowds on the train and in town made him anxious and short-tempered. The school learned of his delinquent behavior, and the counselor agreed with his mother that it was best if Minori attended a different school.

Partway through his second year of high school, Minori was enrolled in online school, since going into town was too stressful. He's not a complete shut-in, as he frequently goes outside to garden or hike. Minori does donate vegetables he grows to a local food bank. He has slightly mended fences with a few of his friends, though he only keeps up with them via text, and is reluctant to go into urban areas.

Persona model:
Apis, the sacred bull worshipped in Memphis. The bull was associated with a courageous heart, fertility, and the fighting spirit of the king. As a Persona, Apis appears as a human male's skeleton with a bull's skull on top, both overgrown with various flowers (most prominently two sunflowers where the heart would be). The skeleton is draped in tattered scarves in shades of green and dark brown. Thick gold chains wrap its ankles and dangle from its hands - Apis's hands. Apis's usual pose is relaxed, until lashing out with his chains.

Persona skills:
-> Wind (garu skills, wind break, wind boost, wind amp)
-> Defensive buffs (rakukaja, defense master, marakukaja)
-> Physical attacks (blunt/crushing with chains, leans towards multiple targets)
-> Physical ailments (dizzy, forget)

Weapon: Minori uses a bo staff to fight - simple and effective. At 70 inches (1.2 m), it's long enough to work at close or mid range.

Other:
-> Hobbies: gardening, cooking, vintage mystery novels, hiking
-> Mental condition: no diagnoses, but has a hard time staying calm in crowded urban areas
-> Full portrait: [x]
-> Metaverse/wasteland outfit collage: [x]
-> Voice: [x]

I am not going to lie, Lanying sounds fun character to RP with.

Honkai Impact is such a weird thing for me to come across, so if you're not already inundated with requests, let's cook something up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back