• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom RuPaul's Drag Race RP Interest Check

WTJ2020

Hi there, I'm not sure if this sort of thing is allowed here but I am planning a reality competition TV series roleplay.

I would act as the host of the TV show and I would require many people to act as challenge designers, rule makers etc. i.e acting behind-the-scenes to help me plan out all the twists and challenges just like a real show.

I would also require quite a lot of people to roleplay as contestants on the show, for example, say it was RuPaul's Drag Race (not sure if allowed to mention that on here) then those contestants would be drag queens.

Once again this is just an idea and I'm not exactly sure if I'm allowed to go into any more detail.

I would be doing a RuPaul's Drag Race inspired roleplay, considering that there is an LGBTQ tag I could use meaning there's no way that this couldn't be allowed here.

RULES:

During the game, I would act as RuPaul if allowed to use this in a roleplay here.

The participants in this roleplay may act as either:

- "behind the scenes", helping the camera crew and host character with ideas for the mini challenges, maxi challenges, runways and lip sync songs.
- Judges/Guest Judges: - If your character chooses to be a judge, you will need to clearly state if you are to be a GUEST JUDGE or MAIN JUDGE.
-----> If You are a Main Judge, your character will stay on the judging panel indefinitely for the entire season and any other seasons that may be created in this roleplay.
-----> If you decide to be a GUEST JUDGE, your character may only judge ONE episode, but NOT THE FINALE (top 3) episode.
- QUEENS - Drag Queens, create your own character and decide on your performances and weaknesses, how you will operate your character. Remember that anything can happen in RuPaul's Drag Race but we are trying to stay within the limits of what the site rules allow so please bear that in mind.
--- If you choose to be a Queen/contestant: You can only appear on ONE SEASON at a time, there will be many threads which represent the various parts of the set your queen can move to, there may be auditions and untucked areas to use, there may be places which queens should NEVER enter, else they may be disqualified from the season. These will be clearly marked. Queens may return in as many seasons as they wish, and of course don't forget about All-Stars and other special seasons!

Rules:
As the host, I will call all the contestants into the "werkroom" when briefing them on their challenges. Please follow all instructions carefully. DO NOT INTERRUPT THE HOST WHEN THEY ARE EXPLAINING THE RULES OF THE CHALLENGES.

Once the challenge has been defined as started:

As a Queen: In all challenges, mini or maxi, runway or lip sync, etc. You will need to describe EVERYTHING that your queen is doing, that includes:

- Players must describe exactly what they are doing in the challenges, movements, what rooms they are using, if they are in drag or out of drag at the time of their actions including when changing into drag, actions towards other queens actions that they are doing, stuff they are saying, etc. i.e EVERYTHING that the viewer might see or hear said on the real show being done by the queens.

- Once a queen is ready, they should clearly state that they are ready. ONCE ALL QUEENS HAVE STATED THEY ARE READY THE RUNWAY WILL START AND THE LOOKS MAY BEGIN TO BE DESCRIBED BY THE QUEENS.

THE HOST will clearly state when the challenge is over. Once the challenge is over, NO FURTHER ACTION can take place until the Runway starts, except movements of the queens through the various parts of the set.

- RUNWAY

When the runway begins, RuPaul will strut the runway first. They may describe how they look or how they are moving onto the runway from the moment they strut in to the moment they stand at the end of the runway. The host will then introduce the round and announce the category/challenge, etc. THE QUEENS CANNOT BEGIN STRUTTING UNTIL RUPAUL HAS ANNOUNCED "Gentlemen, start you engines and may the best woman win" or something similar to this as requested.

A message may be posted to inform the queens that it's now time to strut the runway, ONLY THEN can queens then move onto the runway and legally start their runway demonstration.

As a Queen: Just like in the mini and maxi challenges, you will be instructed when it's your turn to go, then you must describe exactly how your queen moves their body, how they walk keeping in mind that the viewers of the roleplay CANNOT actually see what your character actually looks like and so you should describe exactly how your queen looks as they strut the runway, this includes if "ruveals" are made, detailing how they are performed by your queen, etc. right the way until your queen struts off the runway and waits to be called back at the end of the runway for their placements. ONCE THE QUEEN HAS LEFT THE RUNWAY, THEY CANNOT GO BACK TO THE RUNWAY UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO LINE UP FOR THEIR PLACEMENTS.

RuPaul and the judges will be able to comment as your queen performs on the runway and during lip syncs.

PLACEMENTS:
When it's time for the placements/critiques, RuPaul will instruct all queens to line up on the runway to face the judges' critiques, and of course, to see how RuPaul places the queens.

A queen will receive either a "winner", top 2 (ALL STARS ONLY), HIGH, SAFE (REGULAR), LOW, or BOTTOM placement based on how well they performed. Notes of the "bottom" placed queens will be taken by whomever is playing the role of RuPaul at the time.

AFTER THE PLACEMENTS, THE LIP SYNC SONG WILL BE ANNOUNCED AND ONLY THE BOTTOM PLACED QUEENS MAY BE ON STAGE (TOP PLACEMENT QUEENS IF ALL-STARS)

Lip Syncing

As a Queen: You'll be asked to describe everything that is happening in the lip sync. As soon as you hear "let the music play" and RuPaul has stated that the music is playing you are in play and the performance of your queen can then be decribed move-by-move all the way through till the end. Like in the challenges, you'll need to describe how you're doing your lip sync, what moves you are doing, any ruveals you do, etc. all the way from start to finish.

Once the song has been stated as "finished" the perfomances will be IMMEDIATELY STOPPPED no matter what moves were in progress at any time, and the queens will have to return to normal stances again as soon as possible. Failure to do this in a timely manner can mean harsher judgement so be careful.

RuPaul will then announce the results, they may choose:

SHANTAY: The mentioned queen(s) will be declared safe and may continue in the competition.
SASHAY: The queen will be asked to sashay away, which will mean that the character is OUT of the game and must sit out the ENTIRE SEASON or UNTIL COMEBACKS (if any). Eliminated queens can still apply for other shows within the roleplay.
DOUBLE SHANTAY/SASHAY (or MULTI if more than 2 queens involved): All queens in the lip sync will be eliminated if the choice is all sashay, else they can remain in the competition if it's shantay.

THIS COMPLETES THE RULES FOR A GENERAL EPISODE. OTHER RULES MAY BE USED IN OTHER SPIN OFFS OR IN OTHER SHOWS ROLEPLAYED.

These rules will remain similar in every episode of the game that happens if it goes ahead.

REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A ROLEPLAY. NO KNOWLEDGE OF DRAG QUEENS IS REQUIRED TO PLAY OR PARTICIPATE IN THIS ROLEPLAY EXPERIENCE. THIS IS JUST AN IDEA/INTEREST CHECK. THE ROLEPLAY THREADS MAY BE CREATED TO MAKE CHARACTERS, AREAS, SETS, ETC. ONCE I KNOW THIS CAN GO AHEAD. IF IT CAN'T GO AHEAD IT WILL BE CHANGED.

Thank you for taking the time to read all this. Sorry for the long post. Not even sure if this will be allowed here but I can only try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back