• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Runaway Bodyguard [Loxx][Miho]

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜
giphy.gif

Name: Arianna Jamison
Nickname: Ari
Height: 5'2
Hair color: Blonde
Eye color: Blue
Build: Thin to average

"Sometimes goodbye is a second chance."
Name: Mortimer Morningstar
Nickname: Mort
Species: Nephilim [half (fallen) angel, half human.]

Height: 6'3 ft
Hair color: Black
Eye color: golden
Build: athletic

364e35ba37c08b4c2710173080a8ccbe.png
"This is stupid."

With an exasperated sigh, her newly hired 'adviser', Paul, reached up to run a hand through his already messy brown hair. He'd already explained to her three times at least why she needed a bodyguard, but Arianna just wasn't having it. Just because she was the daughter of one of the biggest prosecutors in the state (the country, according to him though) and he'd been threatened for putting away a bunch of gang members recently didn't mean that she needed a bodyguard.

After all, it wasn't her life that had been threatened.

But her father, Henry, had hired Paul and now Paul thought it was in her best interests to have someone watch over her. Paul himself would do it, but he wasn't bodyguard material. Tall and scrawny, he wouldn't be of help in the best of fights. Hell, Arianna thought she might be able to knock him down if she were really trying.

"Arianna, the applicants are already here. They're in the den. Can't we just interview them, and make a decision after?" Paul held a clipboard in his hands, and from where she sat in her chair Arianna could see it held a list of names and other information. She thought about asking him if he knew the possibility of the wrong person getting hired, and hurting her anyway, but she knew without a shadow of a doubt that background checks were either already done or in the process of being done.

With a sigh that matched his, Arianna swung her legs around and stood, her summer dress falling back down around her thighs. Still wearing her heels from earlier, she crossed her arms across her chest. "Fine."

"Thank you." Paul, obviously relieved, led the way to the room adjacent to the den. After Arianna had settled in her seat, he went to the door and opened it, calling the first guy by name.

"Matthew Garner."

This was going to take forever.

-----
Tags:
Miho Miho
d36h7x-l-610x610-dress-bardot+dress-floral+dress-mini+dress-short+dress-sandals-sandal+heels-high+heel+sandals-summer+dress-summer+outfits-date+outfit-date+dress-white+bag-bag-shoulder+bag.jpg
Code by apolla apolla

tumblr_p69pddmDDv1v20e0to4_250.gif

"Forget it, Zeke. Not gonna happen."

Sighing, the prince of hell hang up, all the while wondering how the age old demon and his father's right hand had managed to get the hang of using a phone. He'd never been particularly interested in the overworld and thus had never made any attempts to learn anything about it. The last time he'd left hell had been hundreds of years ago.
But, apparently, special situations required special measures and so Mort found himself being chased by Crowley, Craven and Savage, three demons known for their slyness, deviousness and brutality.

Their task?
Easy- find the prince and bring him back at all costs.

However, Mort wasn't your typical, spoiled little brat, on the contrary, he was smart, headstrong and independent. He didn't need anyone to so anything for him, in fact, he didn't even want to bea prince... or a Nephilim, for that matter.
Ever since he'd found out that his mother was a human and maybe, just maybe, was still somewhere out there, he'd dreamed of finding her... or her gravestone.

But, he'd need a job first, and as he didn't have much experience in being around humans, however knew how to defend himself- thanks to several attempts of family members to kill him for the throne- he'd immediately applied when he'd heard that some man was seeking a bodyguard for his daughter.
Thanks to being partly angel, he was stronger, faster and had better senses than your average guy of his build and size.

Firstly, he had faked some personal data, which was easy being a celestial being. Human minds were easy to influence.
Then he'd applied and, well, waited.
And right now he was on his way to meet the girl and the family's advisor to hopefully make a good expression and get the job.
He was sick of hell.

As soon as Mort entered the waiting room, where several other men were waiting, it was clear he didn't fit in.
6'6 tall, packed with muscles and overall looking like very humorless bulls.
The prince, on the other hand, was tall, yes, but not as tall as the others. He was athletic, but not as muscular.
But despite his physical inferiority he was radiating a kind of energy and power that left no doubt that he'd be able to take every single one of them down.

"Mort Morningstar."
He entered he next room- and stood still.
His mind took an eternity of 0.5 seconds to realize so something was off, and another long 0.2 seconds to understand that the odd air in the room was caused by the girl standing in a few feet distance, looking bored to death.
Okay, he wanted this job... needed it.
So he had to impress the advisor and make her not hate him...
"Hey", he said, his smile cute with a cheeky touch, hoping to somehow seem somewhat okay, for both.
"Well, I suppose you've done a background check. You've probably seen that I've already been the bodyguard of a prince and successfully protected him for many years. I'm good with several weapons as well as man to man combat. As you know I also have psychological knowledge as well as experience in behavioral analysis. And-"
He gave the girl an understanding smile, trying to lift her mood "- unlike many bodyguards these days- I accept limits."

Applicant after applicant entered the room when called, and with every passing person, Arianna could feel herself growing more and more frustrated. A few glances over at Paul told her that he felt the same, though whether his frustration lay with Ari's attitude or the crappy 'bodyguards', she wasn't sure.

Either way, they weren't finding anything they liked.

With a sigh, Arianna stood, needed to stretch her legs. Pretending to be interested in a painting on the wall, she barely glanced over her shoulder when Paul called the next applicant. What kind of name was Mort Morningstar? Already writing him off, she turned her attention back to the painting until she heard Paul clear his throat.

Turning back to the two of them just as Mort locked eyes with her, she paused when she felt something... electric. She didn't know how else to describe the sudden buzzing she felt underneath of her skin, but it was gone as quick as it appeared, leaving her wondering if she'd imagined it.

"- unlike many bodyguards these days- I accept limits."

Limits? Shaking off the feeling, she crossed her arms over her chest, casting a glance at Paul again. She'd expected him to look bored, as he had before, but he had a sudden look of fascination in his eyes. "Paul?"

"I think we've found a winner." Paul stood, shuffling some papers. "Can you start immediately?"

"What?!"

-----
Tags: Mort
( Miho Miho )
d36h7x-l-610x610-dress-bardot+dress-floral+dress-mini+dress-short+dress-sandals-sandal+heels-high+heel+sandals-summer+dress-summer+outfits-date+outfit-date+dress-white+bag-bag-shoulder+bag.jpg
Code by apolla apolla

((I'll get a reply up as soon as I can- right now I'm having some health issues (my shoulder and back are f'd up from work) but I'm seeing the doc rn so I hope it'll be better soon :'3))

--Well, got two years of rehab waiting for me, tf. Didn't expect my shoulder to be that damaged o.O but I'm working on a reply rn :'3--

tenor.gif

A wave of relief washed over the young Prince when he heard the man say that they had found a winner.
He sent a quick prayer up to heaven, thanking whatever angel had given him a chance here and hopped off the small stage-like podest to offer the man a handshake to close the deal.

A thing fallen Angels were great at were deals. Most people always put it on the demons, but their were like little retailers while angels and their fallen counterparts were big-time businesspeople. It always worked the same though-
A service for a soul.
But, as Mort was half human and not really interested in stealing souls either, this deal was a little different-
His service at no cost.
It still bound him to the object of service though, in his case to the girl.
Of course that did sound bad at first sight, but Mort just settled for seeing things as if he was her guardian angel. It was basically the same.

Electricity was filling the air as the deal was made, but for a mere human it was close to impossible to notice. He wondered, however, if she would notice.

With a small smile, hiding his curiosity and excitement behind a mask of calmness, he turned to join the girl, golden eyes digging into her gaze for only a split second before he looked at the painting she had been studying.
A beautiful, blonde woman, clothed in red and gold, sitting at what looked like a beach with an exhausted expression.
"Ariadne...", He recalled her name, a faint frown on his face as if he remembered something that had happened long ago.
For a moment it seemed like he was reminiscing, but then slightly shook his head and smiled at Arianna. What an irony that he, Lucifer's son, was now guarding someone whose name meant 'very holy'.
"Mort", he introduced himself. "At your service".

And no one noticed the shadows growing darker...

Last edited:

((GOODNESS! I wish you the best with that; I really do! It's tough but you got this! And sorry if I rushed you; feel free to take your time with replies. ^^))

"What happened to making a decision after meeting the applicants?" Sounding much more like a whiny child than she'd meant to, Arianna stared daggers at Paul, who successfully managed to avoid the penetrating gaze. With his papers in order, he tucked them back into his briefcase and stuffed that under his arm, lifting his gaze to meet Mort's again. "Well, when you know, you know." Grinning cheekily, he rounded the table and clasped Mort's shoulder, muttering something to the other man under his breath that sounded an awful lot like good luck.

Practically seething, Arianna tried to make eye contact with Paul as he left the room, but the man purposefully didn't look her way. "Fucking asshole!" Whispering the words to herself, she crossed her arms over her chest and turned away from the door.

Mort stood there, already beside her, like a second shadow. Nearly jumping out of her skin, ignoring the return of the buzzing sensation from earlier, she took a few hasty steps away from him. Realizing that it was his job to follow her, she bit her lip to keep from groaning out loud.

Luckily, his attention seemed to be on the painting she'd been staring at earlier. Studying Mort, her gaze softened a touch as he uttered a name, a name that sounded oddly familiar, though she knew she'd never heard it before. Throwing her walls back up as soon as he turned her way, she quirked a brow at his friendly smile.

They say never judge a book by its cover, though she wondered how she was supposed to not do that when the man before her didn't look half as safe as some of the other guys they'd interviewed. He wasn't big and brawny; quite the contrary, in fact. Tall but of medium build, apparently covered in tattoos with a single cross earring dangling from his left ear, he didn't scream bodyguard.

Oh. Maybe she got it.

Curious but too proud to ask about the ink painting his skin, she looked away without smiling back. "Arianna." She told him, even though she was sure he already knew. After a moment's pause, she snapped her head back in his direction. "Look, this wasn't my idea, okay? I don't want or need a bodyguard."

-----
( Miho Miho )
Code by apolla apolla

giphy.gif

"I know", Mort said, an exhausted expression crossing his face for just a split second.
God how he could relate.
Having a bodyguard was like never having time for yourself. You were constantly on alert, constantly aware of the pair of eyes never leaving you alone to just do your own thing.
Maybe it made some people feel safe... He had always felt like a prisoner.
A bird in a cage of gold, yeah, but a cage.

"Look", he said, hoping to make her feel a little better. "I know you don't want this, but think of your father. He doesn't do this to annoy you, but because he's scared to lose his daughter to some psycho trying to kill her. He only wants to protect you."
This time it was sadness that formed on his features for a moment, but as quickly as the expression had appeared, it was gone again.
His father only wanted to make sure that hell wouldn't be without a ruler, his own flesh and blood. And while Mort had several much older siblings, he was considered to be the true heir for the throne because he was a Nephilim. A kind that wasn't supposed to exist, a creature with all of an angel's strengths- but none of their weaknesses. A living sin, born only because an angel broke the law of heaven.

Of course he would protect her, after all, that was his job and the deal that bound him; but he wouldn't force her into the same cage he'd just escaped a few weeks ago.
"Now, as you're stuck with me anyway- what about ice cream? Makes everything better. It's my treat, what do you say?"
He was just trying to make this as peaceful as possible, knowing that, if she'd hate him and try to get rid of him all the time, it'd just be harder for both of them.
He played with his cross earring for a second.
While he didn't agree with either side, heaven or hell, fully, but preferred heaven a whole lot. Less violence and destruction.
In the end, all he wanted was peace and to find his own way, make his own decisions without being restricted by the fact that he was the son of the devil.

Still though, he loved and pitied his father.
His one mistake was that he had loved too much- and in all these countless centuries no one had the basic humanity to pray for the one sinner who needed it most. He'd grown bitter and cold, had closed his heart and shut everyone out. Mort didn't blame him and settled for accepting the fact that his father couldn't give him the love he longed for. After all, loving had made him lose everything. Of course he had made mistakes- but those had been the mistakes of a child being unable to put anyone above his father.
Maybe one day his scars would heal... But waiting for that day could mean waiting for his own downfall for the prince, and so he had left and loved his father from afar.

He sighed softly, his golden gaze locking with Arianna's for a moment. "I know how you feel, I really do. But sometimes people love a little too much and don't notice that they're restricting you. But believe me- it's better than not being cared about at all. Imagine your father wouldn't give a heck about you. Or he'd only do this because he needs you for his plans. Everything's better than that, isn't it? And now- enough of the serious talk. Come on, dont you wanna go for that ice cream I suggested?"

((Ah it's fine, don't worry, you weren't rushing me :3 I just hope my shoulder will recover, but that's nothing I'll spend days brooding over^^))

Last edited:

((Okay good, I'm glad I didn't come across as rushing you. And I'm wishing you a speedy recovery!))

What was that expression that crossed his features? It was gone before she could decipher it, a blank yet somewhat soft expression taking its place. It almost made her want to lower her walls, but at the same time, his cool indifference to her situation infuriated her enough that the first thought didn't last long.

"You don't know my father." She snapped, shaking her head. "His life is the one who gets constantly threatened, not mine. He's got five bodyguards; he's well protected. I can live my own life; I don't need protecting." Turning away from him, she crossed the room to the table she and Paul had been sitting at, picking up the little purse she'd brought with her.

Truthfully, the relationship between her and her father was a strained one. He'd always put his work first, and this was no different. She loved the man, sure, but ever since her mother's passing he'd made it quite clear that she was the sensitive, loving one out of the two of them. Money can't buy happiness, but he sure did try.

"Ice cream?" She paused, glancing at him over her shoulder. "What are you, five?" Rolling her eyes, she turned back to face him. "You have no idea how I feel. Just remember, I didn't hire you." Not wanting to talk about her father anymore, or this situation he'd caused, she started for the door, pausing when he spoke again.

Although she didn't want to look over at him, she did, and she could feel his penetrating gaze eating away at her resolve to hate him. The buzzing under her skin that hadn't disappeared didn't help matters. Opening her mouth, fully intent on refusing him, she startled herself when she said instead, "Fine. But I'm changing first." And then she disappeared, out of the door, heading for her room, figuring he'd follow.

-----
( Miho Miho )
Code by apolla apolla

cooltext328561274056695.png

tumblr_nkqfahkjuM1upulr3o1_500.gif

Jeez this job would be everything but easy, Mort realized as he watched Arianna leave the room- before following her, of course.
He had to admit, he hadn't imagined the girl to be that hostile. At this point he was convinced that she wouldn't hesitate to drive a pen into his eye if he'd go on her nerves enough.
And still...
Something, and he couldn't quite figure what, was off about her. He still had this feeling, this buzzing in the air that grew stronger the closer she was.
And there was another feeling-
The overpowering urge to protect her like... Like a guardian protected a human.
That wasn't possible, though, he was a fallen angel after all. Fallen angels didn't become guardians. It had to be something else that made him feel so weird, but right now want the time to ponder over that;

The disgusting stench of sulfur had filled his nose the second Arianna had opened the door. She probably hasn't smelled it yet, minding that his senses were way beyond average, and so Mort hasted after her.
Another smell mixed into the one of sulfur- gunpowder.

It was easy to figure what was going on-
The demons had found him- and they were trying to make him come back by taking everything he wanted and needed here.
His job, for example.
Little did they know that this was more than just a job for him.
It was...his personal odyssey.
He needed to know what this girl was or his curiousness would kill him one day.

And just a moment later the prince found himself face to face with two men, both seeming to be in their late fourties, one of them wielding a gun, the other one a manical grin.
He would've sighed if it wasn't for his determined decision to hide what he was and the possibility of exactly that being revealed by those two jackasses.

In a speed that was far beyond human, Mort stepped in front of Arianna, his face only an inch away from the armed demon's.
His eyes gained a pure black while his hand shot forwards to grab the demon by his neck.
"Bad idea", he growled.
His eyes narrowed and turned from pure black to shining white while the power he was radiating increased to the level of that of a nuclear plant.
Even the dumbest demon knew to not mess with the prince when he was threatening to use his angelic powers.
These demons weren't the problem, though.
They were only here to make him go back, well aware that he was way more powerful than them.
No, they were spies, sent to locate him and keep the big boys informed.
If he had been alone right now he would've smited them on the spot, but there was this human girl standing right behind him.
He couldn't afford to blow his cover.

"You should leave", he snarled and let go of the demon, whose neck beared a bad burn in the shape of his hand right where he had grabbed him.
"And if I were you- I'd watch my back. Next time i see you around o won't be so nice. Got me?"

Growling, the demons gave him a last glare before they headed for the entrance door like they were mere visitors about to go home.
Mort didn't take his eyes off them until he could smell their stench fade.
Then he turned to Arianna, actually looking worried.
This wasn't the bodyguard, this was the angel with the weird need to guard her.
"Are you okay?", He asked carefully.
"Not hurt?"

Fully intent on heading across the house to her room, Arianna didn't notice anything off when she opened the door. Her human senses were dulled compared to his, plus she'd already unlocked her phone and was in the process of typing out a long winded, pissed-off message to her friends.

Rounding a corner and not looking up, she nearly ran right into the two strangers in her hallway. Luckily, at the last second she glanced up, noticing the grin on the ones face before the gun the other held. Pausing in her tracks, she couldn't help but blurt out, "Who the hell are you two?"

Aware that Mort stood somewhere behind her, had been following her since leaving the little conference room, she realized as he shot around her that he must have been closer than she thought. That was the only thing that made sense, considering how fast he approached them. Literally, one second he wasn't there, and the next he was.

Blinking in surprise, she could only watch-- phone forgotten in her hands-- as he grabbed one of the guys by his neck. Gasping, she took a mini step back, feeling the buzzing under her skin growing to uncomfortable levels. She felt as though she'd stuck her finger in an electrical socket, or something similar.

She felt electrified.

Glancing down, she tried rubbing her arms and even pinching herself to make the sensation go away. Missing the end of the altercation, she looked up only when she heard the two guys scurrying off. "They're leaving? Just like that?" She whispered, her voice almost a whimper through the electric sensations shooting through her body.

Slowly, the sensation began to fade. "What the hell was that?" She asked, mostly to herself, as the hairs on her arm began to lay back down. Mort turned around a few moments later to face her, and she looked up at him. "What happened? Who were those guys?" Needing some sort of explanation, she hesitated for a second before asking, "Did you feel that?"

-----
( Miho Miho )
Code by apolla apolla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back