• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Rumblings of My Mind (Interest Check/Brainstorm)

Dark_Matter

There are a couple of ideas that I would be really interested in expanding upon right now.

Idea 1. It Started Out With a Kiss

I could remember my 21st birthday like it was yesterday. It was just a night like any other. There was no grand storm brewing, no shadows moving in the dark, no overwhelming silence that muted the world, nothing like that.

The moon was bright and beautiful in the sky, decked in a gown of stars that spread as far as the eyes could see, shimmering through the veil of darkness to kiss the world with their gentle glow. Soft and subtle was the wind that blew, not enough to ruffle a woman's skirt but enough to keep the sticky summer heat at bay; it slipped past the dimly-lit lanterns that hung along the side of Main Street, cutting straight through the middle of the small town. More light spilled onto the street from the doors of taverns as they swung, back and forth, with the comings and goings of their various patrons; It was within one of these taverns that I sat, enthralled by the sight of a beautiful woman.

She was unlike any woman that I had ever seen before. Her hair was like a star-less night, it seemed to absorb the light around it as it flowed naturally down her back, brushing the top of her buttocks. Her skin had a gentle glow to it, which I attributed to the array of lamps that illuminated the entire tavern, and was barely a few shades darker than the breathtaking white gown that clung to her figure like a glove on a hand, leaving very little to the imagination. She had the perfect lips, soft, rosy red, and always carried with them the promise of a smile; I had never seen a more perfect face. However, it was her eyes that really took my breath away; it felt like I was gazing into the heavens themselves, endless pools of violet, blue, and flecks of gold.

She stared back at me in turn and her lips made good on their promise as she melted me with a smile and beckoned for me to come to her.

At the time, I was too enthralled to find it odd that none of the other hundred or so patrons who were in the tavern had taken note of her at all; I did not find it strange that the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, dressed in a very provocative manner, was completely free from any harassment from the other drunk and horny males in the room. The only thing that I could think to do was to stand up and walk towards her; before I knew it, I was standing directly in front of her, drunk in her presence.

"Yes, you'll do just fine." She said before she reached up and placed my face between her hands. Her grip was gentle but irresistible, I might as well have tried to resist the pull of the Earth's gravity, as she brought my face down to hers. She said something else in a language that I could not recall and that I have never heard since, but it didn't matter to me then as my lips were inches away from hers. Then we kissed.

It's been over a hundred years since then and I'm still 21.

What's up with this plot/story? Well, it can go in a bunch of different directions depending on how many people are interested and how they would like to proceed. 1 thing stands constant, you're immortal because of a kiss that you received from what was, presumably, a God/Goddess. You could be a champion of that God/Goddess and are there to protect the world against some great evil that mankind has forgotten about. On the extreme flip side you could be a person who was actually cursed to live forever as the play-thing of a cruel diety, that can take the form of either a beautiful woman or man, who is only torturing you out of boredom, always sending any manner of foul creatures to hunt you, and others like you, down. There are lots of directions to go with, some can involve powers beyond immortality, others may not, feel free to discuss.

Idea 2. Leave the Lights On

Not gonna have a little 1st person journal entry-ish excerpt for this one, (though I can't say I wasn't tempted to) just going to give it to you straight and narrow.

The world as we know it has ended, the great human race is literally a shell of its former past. We fought long and hard but we lost the war; after all, how can you win against an enemy that gains a soldier for every 1 of you that goes down? How can you win when the dead won't stay dead? The majority of human kind is stuck living within the boundaries of areas known as "Holy Lands" that are protected by massive domes of light, the smallest of which covers an area of just 10 square miles to the largest which covers an area of around 200 square miles when operating at full capacity, that somehow keep the monsters at bay; the larger shields are mainly powered by nuclear reactors while the smaller ones utilize electricity generated by hydro power and also wind turbines. Within these domes, humans try to lead a somewhat normal life. There are also unknown numbers of human groups who dare to live outside of the "Holy Lands", preferring to brave the dangers of the dark over sacrificing their freedom; their numbers dwindle day by day as they succumb to the things that lurk in the dark. It is estimated that less than 5% of the human population remains in the world. Can humanity get its act together and purge the evil from the world? Will humanity give in to the darkness and turn on itself? Or will we just sit still, content to wait until the shields fail and the last of us draws our final breath? It's up to us to decide.

As for what kind of monsters and stuff. Think more Resident Evil running zombies than the Walking Dead slow guys. Think wraiths, demons, etc. There can be vampires, werewolves, windigos, and all things creepy and crawly but that open to discussion.

As for powers vs regular humans, either works. I think I would prefer it if we kept it with just normal humans with guns and maybe some weapons that can hurt stuff like demons, wraiths, etc. (But that's mainly because I, and I'm sure others fall in the same boat, can get a little carried away with powers and abilities.) I think the most I would be willing to go with would be something like physical enhancements by some Frankenstein scientist dude who wants to beef up some soldiers to fight against the monsters at a more equal level. That could work and get pretty cool. Maybe a scientist has been capturing some specimen and experimenting with implanting specific organs into humans to grant them abilities (but it's not all fine and dandy). Anyways, let me know what you think and whether or not you'd be interested. I would definitely prefer for this to be more of the survival horror genre than a bunch of guys who can kill a hundred monsters with a single swing of a sword.

Thanks for reading my little ramblings peeps. I'll probably have more to come because my brain is too darn full of ideas. Any criticism, ideas, suggestions, etc are welcome. Heck, feel free to present your own ideas to me as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back