• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic RUIN

Revan The Courier]@Aqua [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/16578-redrobinwing/ said:
@Redrobinwing[/URL] @Revan The Courier @The Unamed Character @JW Suzusihi
Alright Guys, whoever wants to post first, have at it.

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]Can we agree that psyonic metahumans arevery rare?
No, due to the fact that Haven Labs created several in there search for human Perfection. Each lab made at least twenty. Then you have to consider that Haven Labs were almost everywhere. They were like Nikey.

TogetherAfterTheWar said:
This seems really interesting. If you don't mind me asking what this is for exactly? (Sorry if its obvious -u-)
Did you watch the video and read the OverView?

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]Out of 2 billion people that isn't many.

[/QUOTE]
Not many people left? Yes. But lets just say there were 60 labs in America and Each only made Twelve Metahumans. That means 720 Metahumans are out in whats left of America. Now even if you want to say Five of Them Turned out to be Greys that still leaves 144 regular Metahumans.

K. Also I have a back story for why Zelina didn't turn into one. The reason why is because she takes a neuro suppressor to keep the mutation in check. Also greys are the most powerful metahumans. Most labs that would of created a grey would of then had everyone killed by it.

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]K. Also I have a back story for why Zelina didn't turn into one. The reason why is because she takes a neuro suppressor to keep the mutation in check. Also greys are the most powerful metahumans. Most labs that would of created a grey would of then had everyone killed by it.

[/QUOTE]
No I doubt this. Though Greys are probably powerful and whatever, those labs were meant to create and Harbor the next Generation of The Human Race. A more Powerful Godlike being. Only one of these tests worked... But Eehh I'm spoiling. In any case Greys can have all the strength they want, but the experimentation rooms were meant to hold down something much greater than them.

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]K. Also I have a back story for why Zelina didn't turn into one. The reason why is because she takes a neuro suppressor to keep the mutation in check.

[/QUOTE]
Anyways, For Zelina you can either add that to her Bio or write a Journal Entry about it in the Lore.

Yeah uh, really sorry. Just joined today and didn't realize i had to "sign up" and i don't know what i was thinking. I already posted a section, but Im making bio now. Sorry.

TheNeonStranger said:
Yeah uh, really sorry. Just joined today and didn't realize i had to "sign up" and i don't know what i was thinking. I already posted a section, but Im making bio now. Sorry.
Its fine. Do what you have to do.

Dethrix said:
I want you to know however that I did delete your post. I will be sending it to you by PM and you can enter the RP when you are accepted.
Uh, ok. Whatever you want. Thanks

@Revan The Courier A plasma weapon could retain the same feeling of using a ballistic weapon if it had cartridges full of frozen gas (Say nitrogen or fluorine, but the first is more economically practical due being more easy to produce) and a secondary cartridge that would be a really powerful battery. The nitrogen is sent to melt towards the back of the weapon and is ionized there, then the compressed hot gas is sent forwards by a really powerful and bulky set of electromagnets. I guess it could be set to fire a continuous stream of plasma as in a flamethrower or use it as a conventional plasma weapon and use a burst fire mode. But I think that it could be tremendously OP to have one as a main weapon, it should be used as a last resort weapon against heavy drones (Because ionized gas messes up every electrical component very badly, as with EMPs) or to stun a Gray (And melt its face off in the process). Basically, a lethal plasma weapon would be the equivalent to a ENERGY BAZOOKA while a not so lethal would be an extremely painful long distance lighter.

Eh. I understand that much. The point I was making about that was the fact that the ammuniton for something like that would be too bulkly to use in a rifle chambered in 5.56, 7.62, .308 , .50, and most likely .75 in the end it would be more efficient to make a weapon that is specifically a plasma weapon. Also the rapid temperature change from frozen to ionized state would cause damage to the rifle.

Well, that's totally true. For a plasma gun to be able to fire normal bullets it is needed a VERY soft science fiction (As in Star Wars or Doctor Who), and if a civilization had the technology to make such weapon it wouldn't be needed to add the powder based bullets, since the mechanism could be used as a coil-gun (with A LOT of imagination) to fire a more sturdy projectile. It would be like making a tactical blowpipe with laser sights.

What I am interested in knowing is if Metahumans and 'naturally' mutated humans (Those listed in the Monsters part) will be considered as the same thing. I think it would be cool to have them separated, for example: A gang of relatively clever metahumans attacking the more zombiesque mutants for food (Until they see the tasty player characters, of course), or having some to be mutated in a very lovecraftian way (Like having clawed tentacles as fingers, similar to the Flood combat forms; or having a mouth on its torso).

[QUOTE="The Nameless One]What I am interested in knowing is if Metahumans and 'naturally' mutated humans (Those listed in the Monsters part) will be considered as the same thing. I think it would be cool to have them separated, for example: A gang of relatively clever metahumans attacking the more zombiesque mutants for food (Until they see the tasty player characters, of course), or having some to be mutated in a very lovecraftian way (Like having clawed tentacles as fingers, similar to the Flood combat forms; or having a mouth on its torso).

[/QUOTE]
They Are Not Considered The Same thing in this Role Play. The Term Metahuman in this Role Play is a Title Bestowed upon the Human Experiments produced by Haven Labs. The Ones Accidentally created in the Leviathan are simple Mutants or "Monsters".

[QUOTE="The Nameless One]Good to know. I suppose they will have the same mental capacity of the Grays

[/QUOTE]
Precisely. Possibly lesser.

No, the greys are a special type of Meta. Also anything with the mental capacity of a grey is the equivalent of a small army

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]No, the greys are a special type of Meta. Also anything with the mental capacity of a grey is the equivalent of a small army

[/QUOTE]
I Beg to differ. The Greys cannot be all that they are and still retain their human mind. They would be simply reduced to primitive tactics and Instincts.

[QUOTE="The Nameless One]Good to know. I suppose they will have the same mental capacity of the Grays

[/QUOTE]
However... If you want to make a Character that was mutated but managed to survive the process and still have a good portion of his sanity left, then please go ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back