RpNation Monthly: October 2015

The Fellows

The One Account to Rule Them All
RpNation Crest.png

RPN Monthly: OCTOBER 2015

We, the admin team, are so pleased to announce that we recently achieved our 20,000th member. Wowza! Without a doubt, this is one of the best communities on the net and it's all because we have a plethora of awesome, fun, helpful, and friendly users-- like you-- on our site making it great. With Halloween (and related holidays) right around the corner for many of us, we hope you enjoy our spooktacular themed newsletter and content!

~ @Fantasy Crazy

Bubbly and full-of-life Fantasy Crazy is sure to put a smile on your face. She's incredibly sweet and welcoming to everyone she comes across, and never, ever seems to have a negative thing to say.[/center]

[/justify]​
[/fieldset][/column][/row]

Features

20,000 Users: RpNation hit 20,000 users on Sunday September 27th, 2015! If you would like to read more about the sites huge accomplishment click here: @Fantasy Crazy

[/fieldset][/column]
Mehregan

Mehregan_Table_Persian_Festival_of_Autumn_in_Holland_Photo_by_Persian_Dutch_Network_2011.jpg

The ancient Persian autumn festival of Mehregan has been celebrated since millennia. It is usually celebrated (referencing the Gregorian calendar) on October 1st or 2nd. Traditionally, it has been celebrated 195 days after the New Year. In the modern times, it has evolved from a religious observance to a cultural celebration.

It is typically celebrated in a lively manner as well as with reverence towards the ancient heritage of the past. Music, dancing, and food are prominent. Tables full of seasonally and culturally significant objects are also quite present. Elements included are rosewater, sweets, flowers, vegetables and fruits, (especially pomegranates and apples) and nuts such as almonds or pistachios.

Mehregan is celebrated worldwide. Not just in Iran and the rest of the Persian cultural sphere, but also areas with significant amounts of Iranian heritage in the United States, Canada, and even the European Union. Ceremonies may vary, but all of them capture the spirit of the Iranian festival of autumn.

~ @Fantasy Crazy

Mehregan
[/row]
Mehregan

{/slide}

{slide=Pickled Brain Ice Cream Float}

Recipe of the Month
No Image ):

Ingredients

1/2 pint (10 oz) Chilled clear strawberry flavoured soft drink

1 to 2 Teaspoon of lime juice

1 Scoop of raspberry ripple ice cream

1 Scoop of vanilla ice cream

A generous drizzle of grenadine or strawberry sauce

1. Firstly, preparations! This will work best in a chilled float glass, but a tall pint glass will work just as well. If you can, pop your glass carefully into the freezer to cool down. Next, take your ice cream out the freezer to soften slightly, carefully fill a mug with hot water, and place an ice cream scoop in the filled mug, this will heat the scoop up and let it scoop ice cream easier! Scoop! :D
  2. Okay, on to the actual "experiment". Fill half your glass with clear strawberry soda, and stir in your shot lime juice (formaldehyde). Once it's nicely mixed, pour around a teaspoon of your syrup into the glass, this should settle on the bottom nicely, like blood from a freshly dissected brain, buahaha!
  3. Next thing on your list is your brain itself, using your nicely warmed ice cream scoop, take one scoop of vanilla ice cream and carefully plop it into your glass, on top of that, add a nice scoop of Raspberry Ripple. For the finishing touch to your pickled brain desert, drizzle more of your bloo- syrup into the glass, creating a lovely swirl of red through your soda.
  4. And there you have it, your very own edible pickled brain, don't eat it too fast though, or you might find it trying to claw its way into your own skull, buahahaha!

~ @Aldur Forgehammer &

@Atom[/center]

RpNation Crest.png

Closing Thoughts

Let’s give October’s newsletter volunteers a stupendous round of applause! They’ve worked extra hard and, despite the schedule crunch that comes with the bittersweet beginnings of a new school year, they were able to put together this huge variety of content to kick off and celebrate the Halloween season.

Spook responsibly, drink lots of water between skeleton war battles, and remember to check out RP Nation’s official Twitter and Facebook pages for additional up-to-date news!

~​
@welian

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you all enjoy the icecream float recipe if you manage to give it a try! I put it together myself! :D

Unfortunately I couldn't take a good enough picture, but I assure you it looks thoroughly disgusting (Tastes nice though, sweet and tangy! :D ).

Thanks a bunch, folks; this really makes me feel great! Grats to everybody in this newsletter and thanks to the folks who made it happen! =)

Oh and for those of you who were reading above and wondering just what that sound was Cap'n made when he rolled that horrible 1... ?

He said he sounded like this:

[media]

[/media]
Ha ha! =)

Cool!! ^3^ (Thanks for the this month's Newsletter! I always enjoy!!!) xD :D :D :D

Thanks for the congrats, ya'll!!

And, congrats to the other winners too!!

Yay! I loved the poetry contest, and I adore Halloween. Best newsletter ever! Well done to everyone mentioned.

We should do a Halloween poetry contest, although it's a little late this year, perhaps next year?

SpectroVector said:
Yay! I loved the poetry contest, and I adore Halloween. Best newsletter ever! Well done to everyone mentioned.
We should do a Halloween poetry contest, although it's a little late this year, perhaps next year?
I can see about hosting a poetry contest for a winter holiday.

welian said:
I can see about hosting a poetry contest for a winter holiday.
Roses are dead

Violets are dead

Everything's dead

It's fuckin cold out

Screw this shit

I'm going inside

*bows*

Atom said:
Roses are dead
Violets are dead

Everything's dead

It's fuckin cold out

Screw this shit

I'm going inside

*bows*
Roses are red

Violets are blue

Who invented this poem I have no clue

As cold as it may be outside

You can always cuddle up inside,

Which is what I would choose to do,

Had this month not been meant for "Boo!"

"Trick or treat!" I hear them say

Give some candy if you may.

*drops the mic*

Oh, wow, I actually made it to the newsletter? Dang it, now I'm no longer the incognito bastard everybody loves. Oh, well, thank you very much for the mention and congratulations to everyone who made the news. Good job!

The song this months is cool.

Never realized I liked Metal Swing, reminds me of the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy for some reason.

Woah, can't believe I just read a panel on Mehregan, that was really unexpected. Awesome newsletter as always!

BLUR said:
Woah, can't believe I just read a panel on Mehregan, that was really unexpected. Awesome newsletter as always!
*takes a bow*

You are very welcome. Had to put in a bit of my Persian heritage.

Users who are viewing this thread