RP Idea: The bottom 90% of Sturgeon's Law begin to affect the real world.

Genon

Two Thousand Club
So I have a roleplay idea that will probably make everyone who reads it infinitesimally dumber: Reality begins warping to reflect the content of Uncyclopedia articles (or Encyclopedia Dramatica, or memes, or 1d4chan, or things covered on the BadWebcomicsWiki, things of that ilk) However, the changes occur gradually, allowing some sectors of Earth that haven't been driven into mind-numbingly idiotic hellscapes to begin trying to counter the effects.

Alternately, there's another way to take this: We could have the reality changes be based on badfics and poor works of fiction (Plan 9 From Outer Space, Birdemic, Sharknado, Fifty Shades of Grey, A Desert Called Peace, take your pick).

What do you think RPN? Could this work? And is anyone willing to run it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Genon said:
So I have a roleplay idea that will probably make everyone who reads it infinitesimally dumber: Reality begins warping to reflect the content of Uncyclopedia articles (or Encyclopedia Dramatica, or memes, or 1d4chan, or things covered on the BadWebcomicsWiki, things of that ilk) However, the changes occur gradually, allowing some sectors of Earth that haven't been driven into mind-numbingly idiotic hellscapes to begin trying to counter the effects.
Alternately, there's another way to take this: We could have the reality changes be based on badfics and poor works of fiction (Plan 9 From Outer Space, Birdemic, Sharknado, Fifty Shades of Grey, A Desert Called Peace, take your pick).

I think your idea has quite a lot of potential. Personally, I believe that an interesting way to go about this rp would be to have a group of people in charge of creating the 'universe' it's set in.

Ballerina said:
I think your idea has quite a lot of potential. Personally, I believe that an interesting way to go about this rp would be to have a group of people in charge of creating the 'universe' it's set in.
YAY, A REPLY! Anyway, do you know any people who would make good GMs, and would be willing to run something like this? I'm strictly a player, not a GM, and I think that I would probably do a bad job of GM'ing if I ended up in that position.

lucidnonsense said:
>implying sturgeons law doesnt already apply to our reality.
hahahaha
I suppose that's true, but I don't think the fabric of reality has been fundamentally altered by it yet xD . If it did that, we'd all be fucked. In both a literal and a figurative sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genon said:
I suppose that's true, but I don't think the fabric of reality has been fundamentally altered by it yet xD . If it did that, we'd all be fucked. In both a literal and a figurative sense.
Sturgeon's law is subjective, and depends on how one defines the word 'crap' (or 'crud'). It's possible that someone could argue 90% isn't high enough.

Trope-based RPs are always the kind of idea I find really fun. Unfortunately there's already a line of RP ideas I want to try running even when an opening does present itself, so I wouldn't be able to now.

Honestly, I like the idea of the second one. I had a idea semi-similar to it that I want to implement into an rp sometime.

Both sound like beautiful, amusing train wrecks waiting to happen. I’m interested if you plan to take this any further.

....Nevermind, this is a necrobump. Whoops, should’ve checked the original post date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back