• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom (RP) Avatar: The 100 Year Abandonment

LibbyM098

Whispers... rumors... they all spread amongst the 4 great nations of Water, Air, Earth and Fire. The rumours spoke of the young Avatar's sudden disappearance and with no words of another being birthed... it could only mean that the only thing giving balance to the 4 elements... had left.

When the Fire Lord head of this news, he knew it was time to strike and with the fire coment coming... it would make his warriors stronger than ever before.

War broke out and the Fire Nation were seeking to destroy all that could possibly fight back

Aika stood on the edge of the ship. They where nearing the land and the port of the peaceful earth town they had captured some weeks ago.

She took a deep breath of the salty air into her lungs before she decided it was time to start giving orders to her men.

Her fleat was small, but they were well feared feared in the earth kingdom.
They were called the Red Dragons.
They had taken out any villages and wiped them out with no mercy... but now they where being commanded by Princess Aika. She had been commanding them for over 4 mouths now and in that time they had already claimed 5 villages.

"Prepare yourself! We have not announced our coming, but that still doesn't mean they will be harboring soilders."
She glanced over her shoulder and then looked back at the land that was getting closer with every passing moment.

She healed no emotion on her face now. She could be facing anything today.

"Captain. I think it would be better if a team of us where to leave the ship. Maybe only 5 or 10. The rest of us should stay on the ship and make sure no one comes aboard."
She turned around and stepped down from the edge of the boat to face the Captain.

The Capital bowed to her and replied making sure he wouldn't look her in the eyes.
"Yes, your majesty. Shall I pick the men?"

"4 of our finest benders and 5 of our best swordsmen... I will be going with them."
She looked back to the land and a slight smile came to her face.
"I want to see what has become of our little town since we last left it."

The market was a beautiful sight in the streets of the town. It was almost like the fire nation hadn't taken clame of it.
The streets where decorated with paper lanterns, the roads where covered in stalls and people where everywhere.
They where busy buying, selling or watching the puppet plays.
Everything felt so peaceful.

Saara took a deep inhale and smiled as he smelt the salty sea air. It had been quite awhile since he had been in a village that was close enough to smell the ocean. Even as Saara walked through the market the ocean scent continued to catch his nose from time to time. The people around him didn't seem to take much notice, but perhaps they were just used to it. Or maybe, as a waterbender, he was just more sensitive to the way the water smelt.

But he hadn't come here to smell the sea air, though it was nice and reminded him of home. He had come here to pick up some supplies before heading to BaSingSe. Saara had heard that it truely was an amazing city to see, especially in these times where the Fire Nation were beginning to extend their reach across the Nations. But luckily the town he was in was small, so Saara figured the Fire Lord would waste his time keeping/taking control of such a humble market village.

Saara found the fish mongers and approached happily. He began to barter with the seller on several fish that he would preserve later. Saara didn't have much money but he had used his bending to collect some small insects that dwelled at the bottom of lakes in the region. They were a hassle to collect, but made excellent bait. Though Saara wouldn't get any food for just the bait, but he would continue to haggle until he got to a price that he felt was fair. All the while he was unaware that the Fire Nation was approaching.

Ila
Tags:
(open)

PTPrYgM.png

The rickety sound of the large Layden carriages echoed around the misty pines that towered along the beaten dirt path, the contents of various products and products securely fastened as they were pulled forward by the large figure of Ila with her pet Giri lumbering along as well close at hand. Normally such a trip would have had the rest of her family accompanying her but with the one villages moo-sows close to term her mother had wanted to be on hand to deliver the calf and of course, her sister wanted to be there to help...as well as get first look at the baby. This left Ila with nothing but the road and Giri enjoying the breeze listening to the gentle breeze and feeling the earth underfoot in otherwise serene peace.

It was several hours until the sight of the town was upon her, the sun high within the sky though despite a full morning of harvesting, loading and now travelling...there was still a little more to go before it would be right to rest, after all, there were people waiting on the delivery and it would be better to rest with an empty load than a full one. Upon arrival, she gave the usual greeting so the odd familiar faces, raising a hand with a smile as she continued to pull and unloading the individual stacks for each of the venders to take the coin in return with the normal pleasantries and small talk. The day was just like any other within the bustling settlement, a slow peaceful tempo to the people's actions and everyone living in harmony without a care as the day ticked on. Everything was as it should be or at least it seemed.

Last edited:
Makoto was among the stalls of the market, looking about at the produce and knickknacks on sale. She was not in her usual fire nation garb but a brown and white hanbok, loaned to her by the family she was staying with. She was playing a pennyless earth kingdom refugee trying to escape the all too quick Fire nation advance. Her objective to mingle with the local and spot out the hidden earth enders in the villager for the next fire nation raids that was due to the next few days.

At outer glance the village looked as pretty an idealistic as ever but being among the people as their own one could see the truth. The stalls were not as full with produce as they once were. Some stall were hot even manned and empty. It was not as lively either, sure there were people about chatting and laughing getting their daily groceries and such but there was something different. People seemed to be going through the motions more than anything, any chatter was brief small talk or the worries about the news of the war. The atmosphere was tense as the war and the loss it brought hang over the village like a town.

She could help feel a little guilty for her part in this oppressive atmosphere. This were good people, salt of the earth as it were, especially the people she was staying with. She was nobody to them just another refugee of many but they treated her kindly giving what they could. Yet not only was she using them but had noted the one of the children of the people she was staying with was earth bender training in secret and she had to turn him in. Yet it was her duty and likely by capturing the child was saving fire nation soldiers. Was it that simple? She was not sure anymore.

Aika and 9 of her men had changed from their fire nation uniform into more commoner clothing. Some where wearing green to match the earth kingdom and some just white and brown. Aika how ever put on a dress that belonged to the water tribe. She knew she wouldn't be able to hide her piercing blue eyes, her hair on the other hand was a different story. She placed a hood over her head to hide her firey red hair and walked out of her quarters.

As only their boat pulled up at the docks she made sure the other boats in her fleat stayed back and got ready to fight if nessasay.

She stepped off the boat and smiled under her hood... now it was time to find out any nessasay information.
"Split up. We can't be seen together."

With that they where all off on their own separate ways through the town.

Aika made it to the market and smiled down at the produce she saw. At least the town wasn't fully ruined... this was good. They could use the town as a place to get suplies when ever they needed.

Aika picked up a mango with a gloved hand and turned it over as if she where inspecting it for any blemishes. The yealed must have been good after they burned half of their crops the year before.
Fire did destroy... but it also cleansed the earth and nourished the ground for better crops. Next year would be even better.

She put the mango down and looked over her shoulder at the people in the street.

They all seemed so relaxed... It was a pity.

Aika glanced around the street once more now taking in who was really there. A member of the water tribe was up ahead.
Damn...
She walked back over to another stall with an abnormally large girl running it.

A slight smile came to her lips as she looked at the produce from under her hood.
"You must have done well this year."

She gently picked up one of the fruits with her gloved hand and looked over it.

Makoto tried to push the negative thoughts out of her mind. It was her job and she had to do it, she was not going to go home with another failure in her hands. She walked passed the halls and stopped infront of stall selling cabbages, she picked up one and seemed to examined it bit she was scanning the area. She spotted the large muscular female nearby, Makoto had seen her before but was unsure what to make of her. The strength would make her dangerous but did that make her an earth bender too. Someone to watch at least. So was the water tribe visitor as well who also grabbed her curiosity. What was a water tribe male doing so far from home?

However what truly caught her eyes was the arrival of her sisters and her men. She recognised them immediately and that wasnt just because her sister stood out like a sore thumb. In fact she was subtle clambered to her man who thought just dressing as an earth nation citizen was enough of a disguise. The did not walk like they belonged or followed any of the idiosyncrasies unique to the earth nation, to a keen eye they stood out as imposters. Aika looked unusual but she seemed at home among the benders.

The was maybe not the most proper thing to do but Makoto approached her sister. It has been a while since she had seen each other and here was away from the politics of home, it was an opportunity she could not pass up. "I agree the sun is a little bright today, I wish I had a hood like yours." She commented as she stood next to her.

Ila
Tags:
LibbyM098 LibbyM098 ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

PTPrYgM.png

Standing to the side Ila waves and barks out among the other merchants to draw the attention here and there, set on unloading the last of goods that had been laid out across the table before picking up new supplies herself to head back. She is holding a relaxed stance but waving enthusiastically top passers-by, a warm grin crossing her features as the cloaked woman approached to inspect the stall with golden eyes meeting blue as she begins to speak "Oh yeah, a little too much to handle i guess at times, but just means more to preserve for the winter to be safe...but no preserves here sadly, all freshly picked this morning, only way it could be fresher would be if i brought the tree with me....twenty-five Yuan a pound or a hundred for five" letting out a laugh as she rubs the back of her head, raising her other hands fingers as she mentions the prices.

Taking a bit of a closer look through the group did seem weird, brand new clean clothes? they looked like they had been traveling tourists but there was something just off like a rigid formality to their movements and stance, a weird accent too....then again she wasn't really one to judge since a customer is a customer, potential customers as another woman walked up "I mean can't complain about good weather, sun is shining, sparrowkeet are singing, on days like these....well its a great day to be out".

Saara eventually got the price down to around 30 Yuan and half of his bait, which was alright by him. Especially when he ended up with such a delicious and fresh looking fish. Saara congratulated the monger on his great catches once more, stating that they would make the fisherman back in the Northern Water Tribe jealous, and then quickly found a little hidden nook away from the market.

Saara was very open about being from the water tribe, but he was a little more secretive about his bending. That's why he waited till he knew he was alone before he went to use his powers to preserve the fish. He put the fish in some water and then used his bending to freeze it. It would keep the fish edible forever, but it would keep it safe to consume for quite awhile.

When Saara returned to the markets he headed over to the produce section, it was his last stop before he began making his way to Ba Sing Se. He was passing a quite large women selling to two travellers and was about to ignore them, until he noticed that one of them was from the water tribe. He didn't recognise her from his home in the Northern Water Tribe, but he didn't want to pass up his opportunity to see what had become of his place of birth.

Saara made his way over just as the tall women was making a statement about how nice it was today. "I couldn't agree more," Sahara said with a polite smile, "such clear skies, the sounds of the ocean and the smell of the salty sea air. It reminds me of home," he said before turning thee conversation to the women from the water tribe, "wouldn't you agree?"

PlusUltra PlusUltra ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki LibbyM098 LibbyM098

PlusUltra PlusUltra ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0

Aika froze slightly when she heard that voice... the voiced she had missed so much... but yet it was the voice she was supposed to hate.
"You must enjoy your work. It's rare to find such a happy face these days."
A smile came across her lips as she turned to her the women beside her.
That face... beautiful gold eyes... long brown hair... and yet she was dressed as a refugee... She practically was one.

She heard a man suddenly come from behind her and it made her hairs on her neck stand up.

Crap! That water guy could completely blow my cover!
Keep it cool...

"It is beautiful." She looked over at the man with her piercing blue eyes. They where almost swirling with the energy inside of her.
"I just wish my completion could handle the intensity of the sun. Have to be careful not to get burned."

She looked up at the tall girl infront of her and smiled. "How much for an apple?"

Ila
Tags:
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0 LibbyM098 LibbyM098

PTPrYgM.png

Ila gives the woman a strange look for a moment, tilting her head in confusion "I mean whats not to enjoy? Outside in the fresh air getting stuck in? besides momma always said happily just a state of mind, and seems silly to choose to be anything but. I mean sure travellers have gotten a little lighter but if we can still put food on the table only thing to worry about are those bandits every now and then....and they really dont last that long before running away again" looking off to the side with another chuckle as she recalls a previous event.

Then again there was another weird comment that came up "Huh? I mean i thought all the water folk were great with tans? something about snow and water reflecting sun alot or something?" shaking her head she pushes the thought away for now and gets back to her question "Oh yeah the fruit, sorry i got distracted...Just 1? 4 Yaun, though if you want a few more we can always work out a deal" turning to the group behind them "I mean you look like youve travelled a bit, surely the rest want to sample the local produce too right?" the grin widening slightly again, she was told to try and upsell after all, the more sold the more coin, the more supplies and savings to bring back.

Saara was stunned for a moment by the strangers eyes, but not in the way that men were usually stunned when they looked into a woman's eyes. It was almost like there was something wrong with them, though he couldn't put his finger on it. It wasn't unusual, after all, for people from the water tribes to have blue eyes. Yet, there was something more to these eyes....almost like they were....full of heat. But before he could mention them the woman at the stall was asking if anyone else wanted produce.

Saara turned his attention back to said women. "Oh yes please, I'll take as much as 15 Yuan can afford," he said happily before continuing, "I'm gathering supplies before I head to Ba Sing Se. I've heard it's a true sight to behold and have always wanted to go. I actually hear a lot of people are heading that way, fearful of the fire nation," Saara explained as he looked over the produce, "apparently the place is really well fortified. Some people say that it's so protected that even the firelord is afraid to attack it"

Things were getting a little hairy now, the small talk turned to a drawn out conversation with both the earth girl and the water tribe male. To get stuck in such conversations just delayed their mission and increased the chances of her sister and her men getting caught. She needed to move this along. "Yeah, the morning gives me a little hope... I was separated from my family on our way away from the front and I don't know what happened to them I hope..."

Expertly she paused as if a réalisation hit her before looking down at Akia with surprise and joy." Sister!"She embraced her tightly." Here I am worried sick next you and you don't say anything. How cruel!" She broke the embrace giving her a light punch in the shoulder as a half hearted punishment for the made up slight." How are you? You OK? Mama and papa?" She asked hurriedly. "Come let's talk elsewhere."

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0 PlusUltra PlusUltra

She knew her twin would soon find out the monster Aika had become.
She took a slow breath and handed the tall girl 6 yuan in Fire Nation money.
"I apologise for the inconvenience of it not being in the correct currency. Keep the change for your inconvenience."

She then picked up a beautiful red apple and looked down at it.
"Then I suggest you run to Ba Sing Se... tell them of what the fire nation is cable of... get them to fight instead of just hiding behind that wall like cowards, wile the rest of us burn.

She looked to her sister and walked beside her. Now isn't the time for such plesantries. She loved her sister... but now wasn't the time on family updates.
She didn't return her hug. Aika was on a mission that she had to complete.
"Sister... I never wanted you to see this... but unfortunately you are here and now you have to see this... I'm sorry."

She glared over at the town's people and walked away from her sister.
She slipped her hood off and ignighted the fire inside her to be hovering over her hands.
With that the 9 men she brought with her sprung into action and created fire to surround the people, but they instantly stop when the ring leader lifted one gloved hand.
All the men stood at the ready awaiting further instruction.

The sound of children crying was the only sound that could be heard for what felt like an eternity although it was only a few short seconds.

Before Aika spoke she glared at the tall girl and the man from the water tribe.
She looked around at all the scared faces, but she just turned off all emotion to them. They weren't her people... so why should she care if they all burned?

"Hear me! I am Princess Aika, Daughter of the Fire Lord, who is ruler over the land you walk, life and work on!"

She kept her back to her sister... She couldn't look at Makoto... She couldn't see her face and then know exactly what she thought of her.

"This village is owned by the Fire Lord and all suplies belong to his military! I will not give the order to destroy anything or anyone if you all corporate!"
She could feel the burning inside her... She was ready to destroy something, but self control must be practiced.

"If anyone goes against me or my men in taking what is required... you will be classed as a threat and eliminated."

The town's people froze and didn't move. It was purely out of fear.

Aika whispered behind her to her sister, but kept her back to her.
"I'm sorry... I have no choice."

Ila
Tags:
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0 LibbyM098 LibbyM098

PTPrYgM.png

Everything had been going normal so far, taking the payment for the fruit with a smile and a laugh "I mean I've heard a little about that fire nation thing...but if I know anything about fire its no matter how bad something gets burned, it will always grow again someway or another, Its all going to be right in the end im su....." though the wisful thinking of the large girl was broken off at the emergence of the fire ring and flames in front of her stall, eyes widening in shock for a moment.

Ila was not a violent person, if anything she would have liked a quiet life, she wasn't really bothered about things like winning or losing that would cause her to lose any sleep, the quiet days did bring her happiness but right now? all that was being put under threat and they had started attacking and threatening innocent people...and thats not something she could stand by and watch from anyone. Feeling the dirt under her foot she waits and watches for a moment, her mother was going to go spare at her for this but still.

Taking a slow and calm breath she looks around and feels for what can be used, taking in the area more fully and where the men were positioned and then in an instant she acts. Spinning the lid of a barrel it photos off several of the men's heads before being stopped by a flame, though as the wood would burn away at the heat the metal rim of the lid of the barrel spinning would hit the next on a heated mess as well impact. Having lept through and throwing several more strikes with remarkable speed for there large form as she slid around, and out the way even as thrusts came in from blind angles, a seemingly simple peasant girl was somehow making a mockery of the fire benders. The bindings on her hands had been soaked somehow from the contents of the barrel along with a rag that was wipped around an offending arm coming towards her, binding it for a moment before fist came down to the face and the body was then flung into the rest. One thing that was soon becoming apparent? she was turning their numbers into a liability with her movements, careful care is needed as to not hit their own forces while she was slowly dismantling the invaders.

"Taking what's not yours is not something the people will lay down for, like the rocks of the eternal shore....if you're going to crash against it something going to break. Please leave this place and never return" Her tone calm but firm, the posture and way of standing drastically different as her golden eyes moved to the remaining threats.

Makoto was stunned by Akia response to her. All she wanted to do was to take her aside a brief her of her finding before Akia revealed herself. Yet there she was taking over before being briefed and more than likely broke Makoto's cover as they were seen together. They villagers would now either see Makoto as collaborator or a spy. What was worse if the villages somehow escaped it could really compromise her effectiveness.

This was not like Akia to do something so foolish and Makoto could not explain it. Had her fathers influence had finally gotten to her that she would reject her even if it compromised their mission? However there was a look in Akia eyes that really concerned her, it seemed to say she was about to do something terrible and it was weighing her. Makoto remained frozen not knowing what to do now. Should she tried to regain her cover or just let her cover go and aid openly.

Than the large girl tried to fight back and she had the initial instict to try and stop the girl. Not put her down or cause harm but to talk her down for her own sake. However once more she remained frozen still unsure how to proceed becoming more and more frustrated with herself.

2b5b67ca4aa863ba9149726ea4f7f417.jpg
It didn't take long for Daizo the Komo-Rhino to carry Beau to the outer region of the Earth villages, where Beau often came for fresh produce and enjoyed the kind people and entertainment. In his line of duty, the little things that were so prized in the small village was beautiful to Beau, and the idea of a village so low in status and people, he wouldn't predict any Fire Nation attempt at conquering it. Nor had they conquered it thus far. Daizo grunted loud as he stepped into the village. Unlike his Fire Nation brothers and sisters, Beau had freed Daizo when the animal was only very little, barely able to ride. Around the same time he'd gone rogue from the Fire Nation. He'd tended, and grown Daizo, and rather than the brown and red garments the Fire Nation Komo-Rhinos spotted, Daizo's was a full black coat, that matched Beau's black coat (lined with red, of course). Still, whenever the Komo-Rhino entered a village, it didn't help but scare the people due to the fact the animal is commonly a Fire Nation steed.

Beau's mask was tucked away and hidden on a satchel that swung from Daizo's neck. One that carried his currency, notebook, and family heirlooms. Weapons swung on a loose rack on the left side of the steed, and the right side of Daizo was clear for dismount. Beau descended from Daizo once they'd entered, allowing soft smiles to the peaceful citizen. The village hadn't been as lively as it once was, mostly in fear of the Fire Nation attacking. Beau had pity for them, but if he were present, no evil would befall them.

He'd been walking for only a couple minutes, glancing and tasting different delicacies when he sensed something awry. Beau's eye swung to the small group of diverse benders, and one of the 4 seemed to have a more devilish aura than the rest. At the glimpse of fire spawning over her hands, he'd already began quietly ushering the Earth village residents into their huts and tents when plenty more Fire soldiers circled the village, trapping them. The girl announced herself as the Fire Nation princess, and for a moment," Beau's eyes widened. I should've guessed it. How could I have been so foolish? He asked himself, but time for thinking was not there. The Earth nation girl in the group had already began dismantling the Fire Nation's forces, which was all the encouragement he needed.

He didn't have his mask or his full set of weapons, but whatever he had would do. Moving his dominant hand towards his waist, Beau released three sets of kunai from his belt, and while their focus remained on the Earth woman, he whipped all three at once towards the hostiles. Paired with his fire ability, the kunai were engulfed in flames, piercing their armor and skin with a scorching heat. Beau brought his hand up to his mouth, cupping it over before breathing a huge wall of fire towards them to finish them off. The soldier's were blown back, smoke and fire rising in their wake.

Leaving his arms over his mouth, Beau roared an awkward sounding grunt, loud enough that Daizo at the village's entrance could hear. The noise was a signal for the Komo-Rhino to sniff out, and trample any fire nation soldiers in the area. Daizo did so without remorse, and just as the rhino was about to charge the princess and the group, Beau shouted another command that stopped the rhino in it's tracks. Now, his hands were by his sides, eyes set calmly over the small group.

"Leave now, Princess Aika. Take heed to what the girl says." Beau spoke, mentioning Ila's words. It was likely for the Fire Nation sisters to recognize Beau as an ex-officer due to the signature scars on his face.

The words that came out of the mouth of the woman from the water tribe confused Saara for a moment. They almost sounded like a threat. At first it didn't make sense to him as to why she would be threatening a fellow member of the water tribe. But as the fires started and she announced herself as the fire nation princess, it became chillingly clear.

Saara stood there for a moment and and watched the scene unfold around him. His royal guard blood was telling him to leap into action and help. But these weren't his people and he didn't want to act on their behalf. Saara wouldn't feel good about himself if he acted and the fire nation retaliated harder on these people for it.

But then the woman he had been talking to lept into action and began fighting members of the fire nation. And shockingly she seemed to be...using metal. But before he could question it someone else joined the fight. And he was....a firebender? Now that surprised Saara. He was also shocked at how powerful these people were, hell they might have been able to fight everyone off themselves. But where was the fun in that.

Now that two others had acted Saara joined the fight as well. He lifted his frozen block of ice out of his back and threw it at one of the guards. Then using water from a nearby pot he froze the legs of two others. Straight after that he used a stream of water to knock them of their feet. He then joined the other two fighters, water swirling around his hands at the ready.

"What they said!" Saara shouted, "the freedom of these villagers is not something we will allow you to take."

Aika just stood there calmly the whole time the tall girl was bending.
She didn't move a inch even when shards of wood and dirt went flying past her.
Then she felt something cool... Ice, but she continued to stand her ground.
But was more interested was when she didn't even move when flames that where not from her men started to take them out.

She just stood there calmly with no emotion... She had detached herself from all emotion.

"I was trying to be peaceful... you benders... the dead of these villagers is on your heads now."

She shot a flame into the air that went high into the sky.
It was like it didn't nothing... but what came next... was really what she was doing.

She turned her back to the benders and started to just walk away.
Before she completed left earshot of her sister she looked at her and whispered.
"Run."

That is when the first fire bomb flew from her ships and started to burn the village down.

More fire bombs soon followed. 2, 4 and before they knew it people where screaming all around them as they tried to escape.

Aika kept walking... She could feel the energy inside her growing. She had to calm down... Keep all emotion out.
She walking back to her ship with only 3 of her men behind her.

Last edited:
Ila
Tags:
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0 LibbyM098 LibbyM098 fin fin

PTPrYgM.png

The last of the guards were down before the woman started just walking away, but not before calling in what seemed like comets flying down from the sky risking the people of the village and even her own people as they started striking down on the local area. Fortunately, at least the accuracy left much to be desired with the boats so far away as well as the wind resistance at least giving them some breathing room to divert the more damaging of the bombs. She really shouldn't use her bending openly, its why she had dealt with the guards without even showing it though now there was little choice but fortunately the fire princess was out of sight for now.

Taking a slow breath, it was difficult to hit the objects in the air until she did start to notice one of the ones that had fallen outside the boundaries of the village....boulders? they were flinging boulders at them?, sure they had oil covering them but still... the earth was earth and so she starts to move. From those still within the village who could see such the sliding movements seemed to almost be making a circle with a look of intense focus leaping up to one of the higher roofs and feeling outwards, eyes closed as she waits, the heat getting close and then she spins in a circular motion as one of the projectiles starts to arc and crash into another deflecting the object from hitting the civilians and damaging the village to severely. It was working, she had never tried something moving this fast or high before but now was no time to question it. She continues the movements as flaming boulders at first began being deflected but eventually even being returned across the horizons...some crashing into the decks of the ship threatening to sink the vessels should they remain within range.

She didn't speak, she just focused on her breathing and movements...hopefully, the villagers wouldnt mention this or were too distracted by escaping but she really didn't have a choice...she wasn't about to let the Invaders destroy the way of their life, it simply had to be done. Flowing force from an unmoving obstacle even as she felt the blistering heat across her hands burning the skin but still she kept up the movements intent on not letting a single bomb make it through to harm the people behind her.

Last edited:
Saara moved into action himself, seeing all the people in danger. If he knew that there were more benders around he might risk chasing after the Princess. But as it was right now he had to focus his attention on stopping the panic. Though honestly he had no idea how to stop though.

Luckily for him the tall woman seemed to be taking care of that. At first Saara assumed the projectiles were made of fire, this making her a fire bender. But on closer inspection he saw that they were earth. 'So she is an earth bender' he thought to himself as he began looking for water.

Saara used the water to start putting out as many of the fires as he could, prioritising fires that were about to injure people. As he walked though he looked over and could just start to notice that the tall girls hands were starting to burn. So, not dropping a beat, he sent a splash of water to cool off her hands before he went back to putting out fires

Makoto looked as more seemed to enter the feat for the villagers, one was even a firebender he could just about recognise from where she was not sure. Than her sister ordered a fire bomb attack which filled her with horror as she watched. Makoto was no pacifist and knew sometimes harsh action was necessary but this seemed excessive and cruel with her sister having no qualms to do it. What happened to Akia she always seemed to be above such cruelty and now she barely recognise her.

When she was told to run, something snapped in Makoto and the indecision was gone. Instinctually she knew what to do, she ran but to the village and not away from it. Something about the precence of the fire bender had made do what she thought was right. She was not rejecting the fire nation but help those in need.

"Scatter! Dont bunch up! Move away from open areas!" She called out trying to help where she could. "Soak your robes in water and cover your faces and heads with it! It would help you through any fire! " She had to jump away as one of the bomb barely missed her. She knew she was in danger and she hoped Akia was watching, maybe just maybe one of her own in the fire might get her to stop this. She saw a villager on the ground, burned badly and trapped under a stall but alive. She went to him tried to save him, removing debris and pulling him free.

Last edited:
Reina walked along the dirt road of the forest barefoot. She would have looked like a poor homeless girl to some people.
No shoes, was only wearing a very simple cream colored shirt with brown pants.

She used her cain to walk along the roads, gently tapping it to be able to see where she was going.

She smiled to herself at the peaceful sounds of the forest birds singing and the soft spring air gently danced it's way around her.
The day was perfect for traveling.

Reina closed her eyes as she walked and tried to focus on the beauty in the day.
It was just like the days she remembered as a child before her village was raided.

It had been a beautiful place before it got completely burned down. All that was left of it where the few survivors that made it out alive somehow.
She pressed her lips together and closed her eyes as she walked.

Reina's heart was broken that day... but she had to keep moving on. There was no point in being fixed on the problem.

waterguy.jpgTakku – Water bender – straight – Male – location: fishing boat in harbor– tags: Makku

Takku sighed as he lowered his arms, he held his shoulder as he stretched the other arm. Having his hands making the same motions for this long was putting a big strain on him. However, he knew his sister would not be happy stopping for even a moment, she loved leaving home and going on her little shopping trips even though this was supposed to be a fish selling trip. He sighed and breathed in the bright sunny day, but he paused and looked around. ‘That’s odd’ he thought to himself “do you smell that?”

He answered her question to his question “I think I smell smoke.” He cut her off as she was making light of his words “no not a cook fire, it’s bigger than that.” He watched her turn sharply and walk over to him while pulling some water up form the ocean. He braced himself for one of her outbursts but was pleasantly surprised when she began to sooth his muscles. When she stopped, he felt fantastic, he smiled a wide smile at her. When she turned with an attitude, he got a smirk on his face and all of a sudden ZOOM they were off! he laughed as his sister fell backwards and she yelled at him.

His face became somber as they apporched the small village they where going to. This was the source of the fire smell, and a huge boat, with a- his eyes widened at the sight of the insignia of the fire nation. He stopped bending and their boat drifted to a raft pace, as he was transfixed by the sight of the vessel.

watergirl.jpgMakku – Water bender – straight – Female – location: fishing boat in harbor – tags: Takku

Mokka noticed that they have stopped moving, right as she saw the little glimpse of green land on the horizon. She turned to her brother, with her brow nit and asked, “and why exactly have we stopped moving dear brother?” she began tapping her foot, as she waited for his reply. He just gave her a look as he moved his arms, stretching, she sighed again as she turned to look at the speck of green. She heard him ask her a question, she barely turned her head to look behind her, at him, as she replied “smell what?” she gave him one burst of laughter “really?” she shrugged “so someone has a cookfire going-” her eyebrow twitched at his interruption “brush fire then.” She brushed off this words once more and stormed over to him, as she did, she reached out to the ocean and a petite cone of water formed up from the knocking waves to gather in her hand.

With her other hand she grabbed his shoulder, while looking him in the eyes and placed her water-covered hand over his shoulder. Closed her eyes as the water began to glow and moved around his shoulder. When she was done, she let the water fall, carelessly and turned back, “better, good, lets get going then.” She folded her arms and waited for her brother to move the boat; she was knocked back on her butt as he speed the boat off.

She yelled at her brother for such a childish move. As she struggled to regain her footing, she finally did as the fire-ship came into view. She couldn’t help but to stare up in awe at it, it was their first time seeing a fire warship.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back