• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Royalty and Rebellion

The larger werewolf purred happily at the attention he was receiving, his eyes closed contently as he just enjoyed the feeling of fingers running over his scars. At the request though, raised his eyebrow and opened one eyes before smiling softly. "Hunters, and lots of them. And a few werewolves during fights over ranking. Of course, I always won~" he purred out, running his fingers up the back of her shirt and feeling the scars on her back. "Now do you remember how you got these, my dear? I have a feeling I already know..." he murmured softly.

Aria froze as her memories came flooding back. She breathed heavily but knew she had to share even if her voice had a tremor in it, "Well contrary to popular belief, I am not actually the daughter of the current rulers of my country." She had never shared this with anyone. "You see I am the actually the daughter of the previous ruler that were overthrown when I was four years of age. I remember the castle being stormed and servants running and screams that echoed down the hallways as my mother grabbed me and ran for the royal chambers. My father had stayed behind to protect us but even my pathetic self knew there was no hope. They burst into the room and my mother threw herself in front of me, I still remember the feel of blood seeping through her onto me as they stabbed her. After that I was taken by the soldier and beaten within an inch of my life. I was held captive for 2 years as a slave, beaten for sport until my hair turned white as snow and the roots went as red as blood as they are now. After that I was taken to the emporer and his wife who decided I would be a fitting replacement for their recently deceased daughter whose name was Aria." she gulped and her hands were wrapped into fists and she was shaking slightly. She had never told anyone this, she lifted her eyes into Felix's and swallowed. "My real name is Seraphina Snowmane."

The larger form of the male was quick to wrap around Aria as he listened to her words, shaking his head slightly and kissing along her throat to comfort her. "I knew you weren't their daughter... But I didn't realize you had been abused and held as a slave.... I will tear out the throats of every man and woman who hurt you and let you feast on their hearts.... But you will never come to any more harm with me as your mate." he whispered, continuing to listen to her story in silence. She had had such an awful childhood... But that time was long gone, and Felix would make their time together as mates a good and happy time, to help her forget her past. And when the time came for them to have pups, the little ones would grow up in a way that was much better that the way Felix and Aria grew up. At the mention of her real name, he smiled. "That was your real name... You have a new name now, my love... Aria Seraphina Shadow-whisper. The mate of Felix Sanguis Shadow-whisper." he murmured lovingly before hugging her close.

Aria stared up at him in disbelief, he had accepted her entirely no matter her faults. She practically glowed with happiness when he told her her new name. "I like the sound of that" she said and snuggled into his hug. After what seemed like an age of simply listening to the beat of his heart and the rhythm of his breath she gently pulled away. "I guess we should head on?" she suggested and stood, rearranging her clothes so they looked somewhat presentable and not like she had been rolling around in the forest as well as tying up her hair so it looked a little better than the tangled mess it was previously in, "how far is the Pack from here? Also I do think you owe me a back story Mr Captain, fair trade!" She gave him a little grin and extended her hand to help him up.

He smiled softly at her, his golden amber eyes gleaming brightly as he grabbed her hand to pull himself to his feet before giving his mate a hug and gently plucking twigs and leaves from her hair, a mischievous gleam in his eyes. "The pack shouldn't be too far from here. We need to run a fair bit along the length of the river, heading south, and then we should find them." he murmured softly before shifting to his wolf form, tearing up the ground because of his hook and lashing his long tail. "You will get a back story, love, I promise. But for now all I'm saying is that I grew up as a servant in your real parent's palace." he whispered through thoughts, licking her face lovingly before turning and beginning the run.

Aria was stuck still with astonishment, "You knew them? My real parents?" She murmured, barley audible. Felix was already gone and she knew he had good reason to withhold his back story and she trusted him, even if he did have the habit of slobbering on her. She shifted into wolf form with a lunge forward and her human body dissipated into a gleaming white of a werewolf. She raced after him in a dead run and soon caught up and matched her pace to his, loping along the riverbank at a decent but no strenuous speed. "Anyone I should watch out for in the Pack?" she asked as a side thought, better to know who the danger was before she learnt the hard way.

He gave Aria a wolfish grin and bowed his head slightly as they loped along the riverbank. "Yes, I knew your real parents. Not very well, but I knew them. They would have been very proud to see you now, taking your life into your own hands" he told her before thinking back to his old pack days. He had no idea what pack members were still there, so he couldn't give an accurate answer, but he still tried his best, to make sure his mate would feel safer. "This is a new pack. I won't know any of the pack members that are there, but I have a feeling I know a few who will still be there. Keep an eye out for Blake. He's the pack leader, but I do not trust him any more than I used to. There will be a massive black wolf, much larger than me, and I'm pretty big for a werewolf. His name is Butch. He is the guard of the pack, so to speak." he told her with a frown, thinking hard and trying to remember others she would need to watch out for.

Aria gave a chuckled and bounced about as she ran next to him, "I may not be big but they sure as hell will get what they deserve if they even think of touching even a hair on you perfectly perfect head" she gave a little growl as she spoke into his mind, getting herself fired up. "I can probably out think them all, I wasn't the smartest of my class for nothing, what they have in brawn I will match with brains" she laughed, "oh and I also have you to back me up if that fails" she said sheepishly and nudged him while they ran. She hoped like hell this pack idea wouldn't be a dangerous mistake, she had no idea what was waiting for them but she trusted they could get each other out alive if necessary.

Chuckling lovingly, Felix gave a shake of his head, returning the gentle nudge with a huff. "I'm more worried about them laying their filthy paws on you, my mate. Blake had better have warned them that you're my mate, otherwise he's going to have a lot of dead pack mates and even weaker defense. hen his pack will end up dying off" he snarled protectively before nipping at her heels lightly, playful as they ran. "Because you're smarted than most I expect you know when to run.... If something happens here, I want you to run, Aria. I'll do the fighting, because it doesn't matter if I end up with more scars. Besides, I will always find you. Always." he wasn't the type to make empty promises, so when he promised something he always kept it.

She laughed and gave him a lick on his jaw and batted her lashes at him, her eyes suddenly began to glow vividly and she yelped and came to a halt shaking her head as a buzz filled her ears. Her head snapped up and her eyes forced her to stare directly into the forest's shadows, "I think we are here, love" she said and her eyes stopped glowing as if they had only started in order to alert her to a possible threat. She sniffed the air and gave a quiet growl, the shadows shifted and a black mass came forward and separated itself from the darkness. She lowered her body into a defensive stance but didn't do anything more, from the looks of it this male must be the Butch that Felix had spoken of.

Felix started when she yelped and turned towardss her, gently licking her ears and giving a little whine. "Upon entering the pack, a weak bond will form. It's to allow pack mates to communicate. But this is only a temporary bond, and nowhere close to as strong as the mate bond we have. For now though, what you're feeling is a method to keep lone wolves away" he explained in a soft voice, nudging her gently. However he turned at the sound of large paws on the ground and he stood tall, looking at Butch before switching so that he was speaking through his old pack link. "Long time no see, old friend. It's me, Felix. Blake requested my help?" he tilted his head to the side, lashing his tail as he stood defensively between Aria and the larger of the males.

The black wolf's brown eyes widened and he bowed his head slightly. "Ah, he said you'd be coming. Sorry I didn't recognize you, you look different. I can let you in, friend, but I can't let in the young woman." he responded politely, gaze drifting over her body. Felix gave a low, threatening growl. "She is my mate... You will let her in, Butch. Or this pack will not be receiving my help." The black wolf stepped back at this before nodding and creating the pack bond with Aria, turning away to lead them into the clearing.

Aria nodded to Felix as she listened to what he said but kept a weary eye on the Butch as they passed. The buzzing in her head stopped and she felt the link between the pack form but said nothing. For now she was not going to give this pack anything before she knew who they were. She nudged Felix in reassurance and followed after him, wishing she did not have this snow white coat that made her stand out from the others and give her mate trouble. She could pick up the new scents of a few werewolves that were unfamiliar to her but the smokey scent she recognized as Blake, the Alpha of the pack. She felt a weight in his scent like even it held the power of the Alpha. She made up her mind then that Alpha or not, she was not about to bow her head to anyone but her mate.

Felix padded over to Blake and didn't bow, simply nodding his head politely. He wasn't a pack member, and he also refused to bow to anyone, except his precious mate. "I came as you requested. And I do hope you have warned your pack that they will be in for a world of pain if they lay a paw on my mate..." he said, noticing the rest of the pack creating a circle around them. It was more than obvious Felix had survived a lot of wars because of his metal limbs, and because of the aura of raw power and destruction that seemed to surround him. No one would even dare coming close to him, which is why he was more concerned for Aria's safety.

Aria shifted nervously at Felix's side, a group of about ten werewolves had surrounded them and although they seemed rather menacing they had obvious respect for her mate. She gave a growl to a young looking werewolf that had come a little to close to comfort then when he shrank back she noticed one very odd fact, "There are no other females?" she asked Felix privately, scanning the group and noticing that Felix and herself stood out just from the simple fact of their coat colour. All the other wolves were black or shades of brown yet she and Felix were Red and white.

Felix glanced towards his mate at her question before nodding slightly. "Females of our kind are rare.... So you are the only female here. Which is part of the reason you and I will not be staying within the pack at night." he told her before turning back to the alpha and listening to his words. Of course they needed his help. There was a large group of Hunters after them, and they would easily overpower the pack. Felix had survived plenty of Hunter attacks, which was obviously why he was chosen. Once Blake had finished, he large red wolf turned away. "I understand my duties. And you..." he paused then, padding menacingly over to the young wolf that had come close to his mate. "If you wish to keep your life, you will stay away from my mate. All of you." he snarled at the pack before gently nudging Aria's shoulder and giving her a smile before leading her out of the pack territory.

Aria followed closely on her mate's heels, glaring at the pack members as they all shifted uncomfortably at Felix's warning. "I hope this works out" she said lowly. Once they were out of the pack territory she licked Felix lovingly then nudged him forward, "The faster we get rid of these hunters the better. How about some scouting for now?" She didn't like the pack, she didn't like this safety in numbers deal, she much preferred just the solitude of her and her mate. Maybe a few pups in the future if she dared think that far.

Felix returned the gentle lick and smiled, pressing his body close to hers and digging the sharp hook into the soft sand. "We'll be out of here soon enough, my dear Aria. Out of here and living on our own in a cabin built by us. A couple of deer kept for meat, some cows and goats stolen from towns for milk... Just you and me." he murmured lovingly and smiled at the the thought before licking her cheek and gently nipping at her heels. "For now, scouting sounds like a good plan. Get rid of these Hunters once and for all" his voice was soft as he spoke before stalking into the forest with her, bright amber eyes narrowed as he looked around.

Aria grinned and nuzzled Felix's side happily as a purr escaped her throat. After some time walking through the forest she came across a scent that stank of oil and metal, a very human scent/ She barked to Felix who was a little ways off to bring his attention to the smell before she followed the scent forward into the forest. After a short jog she could hear the clang of metal and the occasional shouts of men, "Bingo "he came to a halt, lying down in the brush and waiting for Felix to catch up.

Felix looked up at the sound of her bark, narrowing his eyes slightly nd stalking towards the direction the bark had come from. He heard scuffling and quickly sped up his pace, paws thudding on the ground, skidding to a halt with a look of pure horror. Aria caught in an enchanted cage, and a large group of Hunters patrolling the area, including vampires. He lowered his head, looking through the bushes at his mate, amber eyes wide with worry. He couldn't help her now, he would have to wait for nightfall, when there were less Hunters awake. Because at the moment, there was no way he was going to be able to save her without getting himself caught.

Aria waited a while then frowned as Felix had still not caught up, she huffed and spun around, took a step back toward where she had last seen him and hit an invisable wall. She yelped a little abd backed up only to hit yet another invisible wall. She looked around anxiously and noticed there was a square shaped pattern surrounding her on the ground. Shit, this must be a trap she thought and she lowered herself again, trying to not get the atention of any humans. After a few moments her luck ran out and a human caught sight of her.

"BOYS! Over here! We got one!" the human male shouted and raced towards her with a grin. She snarled and snapped at him but the barrier that held her in kept him out of reach. She heard he rumble of footsteps as many more humans came out of the bushes to surround her.

"Get Michael, this one looks different to the normal ones" a human spoke up and soon after a robed man came forth. Aria snarled and barked but she knew it was pointless to try attack from inside her cage. The Michael man leaned toward her and his eyes widened, "It's your lucky day you filthy humans, the Master will be very pleased that you have caught such a rare beast" with a wave of his hand Aria could feel her body become numb and her vision started to fade, "Pack her up and get her back to the Master! We have no time to loose!" the man shouted as she felt ropes being wrapped around her and her body being dragged from the forest as her vision faded to black.

Felix whined at the sight, pacing back and forth in fear as he watched his mate being knocked out and taken away. He hated this, he couldn't leave her, and he could feel his heart tearing as he watched those humans and vampires laying their filthy hands on her. "The Master.... I know who that is, I know him very well.... I guess now is the day that I will finally get to tear his throat out" he snarled to himself, spinning on metal heels and tearing through the forest in the direction of the Hunter Master's base. He would kill him, he would kill every one of those god damn Hunters who dared to lay a single finger on his mate. Eyes switching from Amber to a dull red because of the bloodlust slowly taking over, and his claws tearing through the dirt, he raced to his mate's aid. He would keep her safe, but he had to make sure he could do so without getting himself killed or trapped with her.

Aria awoke to the clang of a metal cage door closing, she lifted a sleepy eyelid and looked around trying to figure out where she was. She got to her feet unsteadily and looked around the room she was in. Her cage seemed to be one of many that lined the walls of the large white room. The smell of blood hit her like a wall and it was not human blood but werewolf blood. She shivered and looked into the other cages desperately, the last thing she needed was for Felix to have also been caught because of her, she could only see the still bodies of a few other werewolves in some of the cages but none of them were her mate. She breathed out a sigh of relief only to have it taken from her when the doors of the room slammed open and a menacing man strode in, he stalked straight over to her cage and she snarled at him, backing out of reach. The man paid no mind to her and opened the door, she lunged at him only to be knocked back against the cage wall and held down by other men as the main one pulled out a wicked looking needle. He plunged it into her side and she yelped helplessly as she felt the Change take over.

"You will turn back into a human now dog, no point in fighting my drug." he growled at her and she struggled to stay in her wolf form. She stayed in her form for a good twenty minutes before her body gave up and she collapsed into a human state.

"Tough one aren't you?" he sneered and barked orders to the men. She was barley conscious as they dragged her from her cage and strapped her to one of the metal tables. The man came at her again with more needles, injecting her with odd coloured liquids that paralyzed her thrashing body and then taking her blood and repeating for what seemed like an age. Finally he stopped and grinned down at her, "seems like we have a pregnant mutt here boys! The Emperor will pay a high price for a female, a royal and a pregnant werewolf! We will be dining like kings from now on!"

Aria's eyes widened and she felt herself go into shock onto to be knocked out once again.

Felix skidded to a halt outside of the large houses outside the city gates, shifting to human form and grabbing the throat of the man inside the building and lifting the man into the air, a low snarl escaping his lips. "Where are they going?Where are your men taking my mate? Tell me!" he roared, tightening his grip while digging his razor sharp hook into his side, grinning manically at the cry of pain. The man winced and cowered slightly. "Th... The Emperor! Just don't kill me, I can make sure they never lay a finger on you ot your mate ever again!" the men begged. He wasn't a Hunter, it was obvious, but he was the ruler over a hunter clan. The werewolf grinned, looking at him. "I can make sure no one lays a finger on us again.... In my own way" he growled, tightening his grip enough until he heard that satisfying crunch of a broken neck. He dropped the limp body, shifting again and tearing through the door and heading to the cabin to grab his royal guard uniform, and then racing back towards the palace. Thank the gods he had been part of the royal guard. The Captain of the royal guard. He could easily sneak through the palace without being noticed because of that. Eyes narrowing as he ran and shifted before entering the city, he growled. "I will rescue her.... Damned Hunters..." he muttered, leaping onto a horse and urging the creature forward to the palace.

The next time Aria woke she was not as dazed, she snapped to attention and a snarl formed permanently on her lips. If what the horrible human said was true then there was no way she was going to hang around here. She was in a solid cell with a metal door that had a sliding plate at eye level. She marched over to the door and knocked hard on it, the sliding plate opened to reveal a pair of dull green eyes, "What do you want dog?" the soldier spat. "I want to see my captor!" she growled in return only to have the sliding plate fall shut in her face. She smirked, knowing she would get what she wanted and went to sit on the cot that was against the wall. Only then did she notice she no longer wore her own clothes but was put in the rages of what used to be a night dress. She fumed at the thought of someone having changed her while she was unconscious, those filthy human men.

After a short while she could here the stomping of multiple boots on the stone floor outside her cell and orders being barked in the hallway. She stood, brushing herself off and lifted her chin. Even dressed in rags she could still portray the aura of a royal princess. The metal door opened and a soldier entered first with his sword drawn and pointing at her. She didn't move and finally a older man, dressed in the most outlandish outfit entered, if it were not for her composure her jaw would have hit the floor. It was her betrothed.

The man pulled a stupid looking expression as he saw her, "Well I'll be damned" he said in a croaky voice, "If it isn't my royal little princess. I was wondering were your little ass had run off to, you bitch!" he yelled at her with the attitude of a five year old. She let out a chuckle in response, "I noticed my immediate fate was doomed to marry an old hag and I took it upon myself to remedy that" she responded in a cold voice. The Emperor went red with rage, "Whip her for speaking to me like that!" he screeched at his guards. The guards grabbed for her but she didn't fight, she had a better chance of escaping outside the cell.

The large male just about fell off of the horse as he entered the palace, the creature seeming rather confused by the hallways around it before it darted back outside when the werewolf chased it away. He ran through the palace before realizing exactly where his mate would be, and quickly making his way down to the dungeon. His amber eyes flickered red when he saw his mate had been changed into other clothing, and that he was currently being dragged towards the whipping post. He narrowed his eyes, making his way over to the Emperor, bowing his head slightly, though the action showed deep respect and apology. "Greetings sire. I apologize for not returning when I was supposed to. The girl ran off and I've been searching the forest for her.... I caught wind of news that she had been found though." he murmured politely, eyeing his mate in a cold way, but his eyes held deep regret and pain for what he was currently saying about her. "So she's a werewolf, hm.... Certainly explains how she was able to escape.... Sire, allow me to do the whipping." he requested, brushing rusty red hair from his eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back