• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Royalty and Rebellion

Felix chuckled softly and shrugged as he began gently scratching her belly. "You'll get used to it, Milady." he murmured before starting slightly when she bolted off. He lifted his nose, sniffing the air and catching the scent of rabbit which caused him to roll his eyes and smile. She really was like a puppy. He sat back to relax, awaiting her return before he heard her yelp and the whoop of the happy Hunters. He gave a low snarl, immediately shifting into his feral form, missing fur in the patches where he was covered in scars. Those scars perfectly matched the scars on his human body. He raced through the forest, the large red wolf form skidding to a halt and tearing up the grass between the trapped princess and the Hunters, a low growl escaping his lips which caused them to back away, razor sharp fangs bared. Now wolf-like metallic limbs creaking slightly, he raised the large hook from beneath the sand before leaping with a snarl, jaws snapping and blood spraying as his fangs sank into the throat of one and the sharp hook tearing out the throat of the second. He heard a shriek of his name the Hunters used for him, the Invulnerable One, and watched as they ran off, stumbling over their feet. He let out a low snarl, licking his chops before moving to stand beneath the net that caught the other, reaching up with the hook and tearing through the ropes. He winced slightly when she fell onto his back, but he lowered his body to the ground to help her down, amber eyes worried as he watched her.

When the wolf jumped in between her and protected her she felt a pang of familiarity and she sniffed the air, the scent of forest and spice hit her nose she felt like jelly. Her captain was a werewolf. She watched his every move, the tension in his muscle and the way the light hit his glistening red fur, perfect. He fought with malice and power but she lay still in the net and just watched. When he let her down she slipped off his back and lay there dazed for a moment just looking up at him. She rolled onto her legs and nudged him gently with her nose but keeping her eyes averted. She remembered what he had done with her and ran herself under his chin in an effort to make him happy.

The larger red wolf looked down at that beautiful, flawless white wolf and gave a little grin that bared his razor sharp fangs, a small, sudden purr rumbling in his chest as she began nuzzling and moving just under his chin. He had missed that feeling, no one had found out that he was a werewolf for close to ninety years. He embedded the hook in the sand so that she wouldn't end up hurting herself on it, and he gently pressed his head against the side of her neck, a silently way of assuring her that he was fine, while asking if she was okay. His tail hung low, not showing the excitement that was present whenever the royal female shifted into her wolf form.

Aria let out a huff and nodded she was okay, she eyed him wearily, unsure whether what she wanted to do would be okay. She nudged his muzzle then let out a little lick. This was pretty much the equivalent of a human kiss. Her first kiss. If a werewolf could blush she would be as red as a tomato, head to toe. Thank you for saving me, she spoke directly into his mind. She laughed in her mind, that would have been useful the first time I changed, she said with a grin then her eyes went wide and her nose dropped remembering what she had just done. I -uuuuuh- I....yeah she said averting her eyes. If she could turn into a mouse right then that would have been great.

Felix started slightly, his eyes widening when he felt the gentle lick to his muzzle and he looked at the princess before being even more startled at the sound of her voice in his mind. That wasn't good, only Bonded werewolves had mental links... Packs had Pack Links, but they were completely different to the Bonded link. Had he.... Had he Bonded with her? He gave a little wolfish grin, nuzzling her close and gently licking her cheek in return. It happens sometimes with Werewolves, but mind links aren't really all that common.... And you know, I'd be killed for kissing your cheek if anyone knew, he thought to her, shaking his head slightly. He then gently nudged her shoulder again, looking towards the camp. We should head back... The men are getting antsy since they only have a few days left of travelling. We have over a week left though....

Aria nearly yelped at the lick on her cheek, her to kiss him was one thing but he could be killed if anyone found out. She grinned the biggest grin of her life. Well it sure as hell makes it easier to communicate, she chuckled and looked at the direction she had been nudged in. She knew he was right that they should head pack so she dropped to all fours and began the jog back, We are traveling for a section, she paused, alone? The thought nearly made her pass out then and there. Well won't that be interesting, she gave a swirl of her tail, wolf version of a flirt before hurrying to her clothes and shifting back to human. She was dressed and back into her indifferent princess state before you could blink, fan raised over her face.

The larger wolf bowed his head, swiftly shifting next to her as his armor seemed to just suddenly appear around his as he shifted. "Yes, we will be travelling alone for a section. It is his highness's request, he doesn't want anyone knowing where he is meeting you" he murmured, fingering the hilt of his sword and trying to hide his annoyance at the thought of handing over the princess to the emperor. Such a strong royal woman, getting married off to such and old man,... He hated that though. Crap, he had Bonded with her. He had been protective because it was his duty, but he hadn't been possessive over her before... This meant that parting when the time came would be very difficult, close to impossible. He raised an eyebrow at her flirty actions before leaning against a tree and waiting for her to shift and dress, before he came back into the clearing and smiled weakly at her. "You might want to to enchant your dresses so that you can shift without stripping. It's how I shift without taking my armor off" he murmured with a shrug.

She blinked and a sadness overwhelmed her, she had almost forgotten about the emperor. She shook her head, how could she even think that running off with her Captain was an option, though it was sure as well a nice dream. She covered up her sadness and nodded, accepting her fate even if it was only till she could kill the bastard.

"How do I enchant it, Captain?" she asked a slight tremble entering her voice, she cursed at herself for showing any weakness. She started forward, not making any eye contact with the Captain, heaven forbid she knew just how much she felt for him.

Thanks to the Bond, Felix was able to feel the other's sadness and he immediately regretted reminding her about that damn emperor. He wanted nothing more than to just steal her away to his little cabin, Even to a new home deeper in the forest. He reached out gently, weakly squeezing her shoulder with his metallic hand, wishing he could feel her warmth. "I'll enchant them for you..." he murmured with a small smile. "Think of it as a gift from me".

That was the last thing he said before they entered the camp, his arms folded over his chest and his expression indifferent.

They traveled a few days more till suddenly they came to a stop during the middle of the day, Aria was still cuddled in her Captains shirt and she jerked awake. There was a knock on the door and a soldier announced they were to split ways. She blushed madly and raced to grab clothes and redress herself. She hit her head on the ceiling of the carriage and cursed loudly then clasped her hand over her mouth hoping no one had heard. She wrapped the shirt and into a bundle of her clothes, a keepsake in her new life. She sniffed the air and realized thanks to her new werewolf senses she could smell him all over her thanks to spending so much time in his shirt. She smiled briefly then realized he probably be able to smell it on her. She cursed again but there was nothing she could do and she opened the door to the carriage. Her horse was saddled up and ready for, her Captain holding the reigns.

Felix had saddled up the princess's horse while one of the soldiers went to call her and tell her it was time to part ways. He gave a heavy little sigh, his face pressed against the white mare's neck while his coal black stallion grazed a short way away. He didn't want her to leave, he didn't want to hand her over to the emperor. Sighing heavily and standing up straight when Aria came out, he gave a polite nod. "Are you ready to leave, Milady?" he asked softly, taking her bags of clothing and strapping them onto the mare's back tightly so that they wouldn't fall. He gently helped her up onto her horse's back, soothing the creature as it started slightly. Once the horse was calmed, he leaped onto his own horse's back, glancing back when he moved to stand next to her, clipping a lead onto the reins of her mare, tying it to his saddle. "Horses tend to startle very, very easily around our kind.." he murmured once they had walked for away enough from the humans.

The was something off about the journey, she felt the Captain's emotional struggle and she cocked her head to the side but realized she was prying if she asked. In midday the sun was high in the sky, baking down on them. She was stifled under the layers in her dress and she decided to stop and shed them, grabbing her clothes from her bags she went into the forest and changed into a loose shirt and a pair of clean leather pants. For a woman to wear pants was highly improper but she spent most of her free time in the castle dressed as a boy and running around the palace and riding in the nearby woods.

She didn't even look at her Captain as she vaulted up onto the horses back gently and started her horse up, "It;s hot and easier to ride" she stated as a sort of explanation.

Felix simply nodded, barely phased by the sight of a woman wearing pants and a shirt. It had been common when the werewolves ruled and not the humans. They walked in silence, his head bowed and the city looming darkly up ahead of them. The silence began to grow painful and he gave a groan, dismounting while the horse was still moving and moving swiftly, slamming his fist hard against the trunk of a tree, inhuman strength causing it to crack and tilt slightly away, the horses starting because of his anger. "I can't do this.... I cannot do this. You're going to be made to act like something you're not if you marry him. And I can't let you marry him" he snarled angrily before wincing and looking up at the princess. "...Werewolves can't usually communicate telepathically. The only time they can is if there is a Pack Bond, or if they are Bonded.... Bonded Werewolves are destined mates.... What we have isn't a Pack Bond, it is so much stronger...." he admitted, shoulders slightly slumped.

Aria watched him with wide eyes, sure she thought he must be attracted to her but he returned the feelings she had for him"Bonded?" she could feel the anger and remorse rolling off him and she dismounted and went to his side and gently lifted his chin. She looked into his eyes for the first proper time and there was a jolt between them when he red ones met his amber ones , "no point in sticking around then, hey?" Without a second thought she shifted and looked at him, her huge head rested against his chest and she breathed him in, not the dulled scent that lingered on his shirt but the real thing. Oh they were Bonded for sure, she was not about to leave him..ever. He was hers, her ...Felix. She looked up at him, Run with me Felix?

Felix looked up at her when his chin was lifted and he smiled sweetly, reaching up and gently running his thumb over her cheek before hugging her large head once she shifted. "Yes. Of course I'll run with you. But first..." he murmured, setting the horses free before shifting and immediately ripping up the pack that contained his few belongings, and the pack filled with the princess's dresses. He gave a wolfy grin, licking her muzzle sweetly before gently nudging her in the direction of his cabin. Anyone who searches for us will think we've been killed by an animal... We can head for my cabin, then tomorrow we can leave for a new home. We have until tomorrow evening to escape, after all. His voice was gentle in her mind as his paws thudded hollowly on the ground, metal limbs barely making a single sound. For the first time in over a hundred years, he felt happy.

They dashed through forest and open fields, faster than any horse could have taken them. The feeling of running with him was perfect, like she was whole with him by her side and nothing to stop them in their escape for love. Yep she loved him. Dang she really really loved him. After they had run for seemingly forever Aria got bored and started to play with the ever stoic Felix. She nipped at his heels and batted him with her tail with a light-hearted chuckle. When he didn't seem to react she gave a fake growl and lunged at him, catching him mid stride and sending them tumbling to the ground. She nipped his neck and licked his muzzle, wagging her tail they had run far enough to have a little break right?

Felix barely even noticed the nipping to his heels, having absolutely no feeling in his metallic limbs. He grinned and yipped contently at the tail that his him every now and then, still racing through the fields. However, a shrill yelp escaped his lips when he was knocked to the ground and his eyes widened in shock before a fond little smile formed on his lips and he lovingly returned the lick to his muzzle, nuzzling his precious princess close while his fluffy tail wagged and his long mane splayed out behind him. He wrapped his forelegs around her shoulders and grinned, licking her again. My destined mate... Who knew she would be the last of the royal purebloods, and one of the very rare female werewolves left... he murmured into her mind

Aria's eyes widened, "rare and royal?" she spoke back, "so I'm pretty unique then, eh?" She nudged him and buried her face in his mane, "Hey you know something?" She said cuddling him close, "I loooooove you" she said with a purr that rumbled through her chest. Her feelings of affection rolling off her. No more fancy dance or proper eating for her, no more sewing and dresses and stupid fans. She rest her head on his chest and looked up at him, "You sure you are ok with leaving the royal guard?" she murmured suddenly thinking maybe she was keeping him from his beloved job, she knew some hated leaving their jobs. She shifted back into human, lying on his warm fluffy tummy but still looking at him.

"Yes, my beloved. Very unique indeed... I love you too, Aria" he purred lovingly, shifting so that he wrapped his large fluffy form aroound the now tiny human form of the royal. He licked her cheek gently, amber eyes gleaming as he watched her closely. He would never leave her, and his tail began wagging gently. "I live in a cabin in these forests. We don't even need to stop there, we can just go straight ahead and find a cave to stay in while I build us a proper cabin. Just for us. And we can hunt for our own food..." he murmured lovingly before frowning and looking up, sniffing the air. He could smell another werewolf. And this scent was familiar... And old, familiar scent.

Aria giggled and ran her hands through his fur listening to her voice in his head, he was like a giant fluffy blanket when he cuddled around her. When he tensed she instantly shifted and let out a low growl, getting to her feet and sniffing the air. Out of the forest into their clearing came a silver werewolf, huge and menacing. She put herself between him and her mate with a snarl. She was smaller than the normal werewolf but she sure as hell wasn't backing down, her hackles rose and the wolf did the same in response. They challenged each other with growls and back and snarls as he circled them but she stayed firmly between him and Felix.

Climbing to his own feet, the large red wolf leaned forward and gave a snarl, nipping at Aria's neck in a way of telling her to back down. He then shifted to his human form, brushing off his clothes before placing his metal hand on Aria's neck gently, amber eyes steely. "Blake Greymane. Long time no see. What can I do for you, friend?" he called out, watching as the other wolf shifted to reveal a much older human male with grey hair and silver eyes, seeming to be a good few years older than Felix. "Felix Shadow-Whisper. Indeed, it has been a very long time... I'm here to ask you to rejoin the pack. Our numbers are dwindling, and we need your strength." he said, keeping his distance.

Aria looked between them but didn't shift back in case it wasn't as she seemed. She nudged Felix on the side and pushed her head under his arm looking at him through worried eyes. She didn't know what to do but if Felix asked her to stay back she would but she wouldn't drop her guard just yet.

"See you have a female there" the other wolf said and she let out a warning growl. The man lifted his hands in surrender but then when he looked at her directly he raised his brows. No wolves came in snow white anymore, especially not with those blood coloured eyes.

"Felix is that what I think it is?" he asked moving forward slightly, "I thought all the pureblood royals were dead."

Felix gave low warning growl, bristling despite being in human form, and he wrapped his arm around Aria's neck, gently scratching underneath her chin. "Yes Blake, she is what you think she is. She is the last pureblood royal, and she is my mate. So if I am to come back to the pack, she will be coming with me, and none of the other wolves are to even look at her in the wrong way, because I am more than willing to slaughter my own kind" he snarled, before directing his thoughts to the wolf at his side. "You are not my mate yet. We are still only Bonded, as we haven't gone through the mating process. But just play along" he thought to her, glancing at her through his blind eye.

Aria felt Felix tense and she roared at the other human to stay the hell away from them. She had only killed once but she was more than willing to do it again. When Felix spoke to her she blushed internally, he had said he wasn't her mate yet, meaning she was going to be. She wanted to grin and cuddle him but her ears flicked at the sound of the other human and she growled again. I don't want him hurting you. she said fiercely.

Blake could see they were mentally speaking and knew for sure there was no getting between them. Whoever this female was, she sure as hell wasn't letting him near Felix anytime soon "Having a royal among us would be an honour, I don't think anyone would try anything though I may have to...discuss the situation to the younger ones" he spoke with confidence but his control over the pack was lessening and he was not able to control them like he had used to.

The white werewolf suddenly shifted to human, not what he had expected. He was thinking she would be some wild savage Felix had found in his travels but this tiny female sure as hell wasn't brought up roughly by the way she held herself. Wait he had heard about a princess in a neighboring country that had that red and white hair. Hot damn had Felix taken the princess?

Felix smiled at Aria. "He can't hurt me, my sweet. No if he wants my help with protecting his pack." he told her through siilent thoughts, turning back to Blake with narrowed eyes. "I expect you to talk to your younger pack members. You ddon't want your pack numbers decreasing more than they already have. I'm giving you three days before my mate and I join you. Three days to warn your pack. Then I will meet you at the large, old pine at the river. We will stay for a short while and help strengthen your pack mates, but then we will leave again. We had a plan to move away from this forest before you arrived here." he explained, in a simple voice, the fact that he would be leaving very clear.

When Aria shifted, he was quick to snake his arm around her waist, making sure his hook didn't hurt her at all. He saw that gleam of surprise and confusion in his old friend's eyes and smirked slightly, leaning over to nuzzle his precious princess. "You're right in guessing who she is. And it's quite obvious that that is why we will be leaving. I do not want pack ties, and I don't want to be found by the royal guard. I just want to retire for a while from over a century of fighting and spilling blood, and settle down with my mate. Is that understood, Blake?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back