• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Rosewind Tavern (Walk in Always Welcome!)

Shiki gave her a worried look before turning to him"The usual, yes..Also is the room free?" The owner raised a brow but nodded and gestured upstairs
Shiki turned to Emerald"There's an empty room with some chairs and some more things up there that can help you relax, they always work on Temota" He chuckled

Temota was already paying when Shade spoke to her. She shrugged and whispered" He'll help her stop from having one and if it doesn't work, He'll get very.. protective" She sighed. She knew that from her own experience

Shade couldn't help his curious nature. "Protective how? He seems to already have a small attachment to her. Should I be worried about her?" He asked her. It was now clear that though Shade played around. That Emerald and him acted like siblings. However he had an otherworldy essence. This shadow creature may be bonded to Emerald, but he had existed before that. Though he didn't mention that even to Emerald. He knew that she, as well as these two, had a destiny. That was why a new shadow wasn't assigned to Emerald. But one who had lost his first bound and somehow survived.

Emerald nodded greatful. "Thank you" She whispered to Shiki before disappearing upstairs to find the room. It didn't take long for her to find it. She felt the panic attack rising once again. Now that she was on her own, she could let it out and work through it. As she sat on the floor to try and calm her mind, she felt the shadows reacting to her panic. Suddenly all the furniture in the room seemed to blast away from her, the shadows engulfing the room. She was struggling to now contain this outburst and her panic. She hated that her magic was tied to her emotions. She hoped she didn't hurt anyone, as she lost herself to the panic.

Now, as a cursed one, panick attacks and such bring out the darkness inside. Emerald was no longer in control, but the shadows had her. Her normally emerald eyes were pitch black. The white skin had black veinlike shadows swirling on it. Horns and black wings seemed to sprout as her true form came out. She still sat in the room, the shadows billowing around her. She wasn't in control. The shadows were.

Temota sighes"He'll try to make her feel better, yes but he'll get very clingy..It annoys me sometimes" She rolled her eyes. Shiki did send her to her room when she got too angry, like at the tavern.

Shade seemed to nod his head to her words. He sat and looked around. "Perhaps its for their sense of well being as well. Emerald is the same way at times. Especially when she feels I am trying to guide her. She is stuborn enough to do everything her way." He felt the disturbance and meowed in almost panic. "Shit, shit shit shit" He muttered as he jumped off Temota's shoulder. "Emerald has lost complete control. We need to get to her, and get innocents out of the way. The shadows have full control, and I can feel them rolling around her. The only blessing we have is that its the middle of the day. She can't reach out of the building she may be in. Bad news, soon those in the building will start to halucinate. Seeing their fears coming true around them. It will start with the small fears first. Such as fears of different insects. But it will grow until its showing you your worst nightmare. The shadows feed on that fear. This is why she wasn't suppose to leave the monastry. There the shadows can't take hold. Its a sacred land. I had hoped it wouldn't happen so soon." He explained.

Temota tensed at the explanation. Worst fears? That was bad..She didn't want to see Shiki afraid. She grabbed Shade and ran, kicking the door open and throwing some money to the owner before dashing to where Shiki and Emerald probably were. She hoped they didn't get there late.

Shiki was already taking the supplies when he started to feel strange, shaking away the thought he soon found his bag filled with snakes. He helped and let it go with a this, making the owner give him a look, before hiding himself

Emerald was trapped in the shadow realm of her mind. She could only see what the Shadows were doing. She could see her body moving without her command. The more she realized she had no control, the worse the panic became. The stronger the fear magic was working. She started to rock back and forth as the uncontrolled magic flew around her. She wanted to scream, but nothing left her mouth. She wasn't in control at all. She had never lost control like this. It truly was scaring her. Which wasn't good.

Shade followed, but dashed to the upstairs were Emerald was. It didn't take much to find the door, though the darkness was strongest here. He hoped the twins wouldn't come after her. Because this is where they could be ensnared. Even he, a shadow being, could feel it pressing on his own spirit. But he was hundreds of years old. An out of control Shadow Born who wasn't at full strength, it was easy to ignore. Though, it was less easy to reach Emerald. She had the furniture all around her, spinning with the shadows. It created a barrier of debri, as all the chairs had been destroyed and floated in pieces.

Rhyse was done at the magic shop and heading to the market square when he felt a darkening presence around. As a mage, he wasn't going to let it slide. Instead he called for Ember, who climbed up and around him. Soon the snake was gone, but Rhyse had a snake like armor around him. He hurried to where it was coming from, running almost into Temota. He could tell the darkness now. It was the cursed one. Why had he trusted her? She was attacking everyone. Soon she would be killing them. She was just as evil as he thought.
"She needs to die. This is why Cursed Ones can't be trusted. She is attacking those in this shop. For no reason."

He had his double bladed staff out and went upstairs trying to get to Emerald. What he didn't expect was the strength of the magic near her. Suddenly he was somewhere else. A burning village, all his family and friends dead around him. The dead bodies, with their heads and limbs at odd angles, started to talk to him. Blame him, scream at him. He couldn't handle it. He started to break down. He hadn't faced his emotions. His fears of losing everyone again. Suddenly the faces changed to that of his companions. All but Emerald and Shade. They too were blaming him. He had to push through, but the illusion was too strong.

Shiki looked upstairs. Something was wrong. His suspicions were confirmed when Shade suddenly went past him. He was about to do so before he found himself at a dark place, face to face with his father, whose face was twisted in anger"You couldn't keep your promise." His voice made Shiki freeze. What was he talking about?
"You couldn't protect your sister" Shiki's eyes widened as his father disappeared, replaced by many scenarios where his sister died in all of the ways possible with his father's voice blaming him. Then Temota's own voice replaced her father's"See? I'm the one who protects you and look what happens" Shiki felt himself tremble. He tried to look away but everywhere he looked, Temota was still killed or dying in the worst and brutal ways imaginable.

Temota could feel herself almost being ran into. Rhyse was wearing new clothes and his words made her narrow her eyes. She tried to stop him from going up the stairs but it was too late. She then saw herself in a very familliar place. A kitchen, more specifically the kitchen in her old home. She couldn't move for some reason. A soft voice was singing the tune her mother used to sing to her before bed. Her mother's face suddenly appeared, smiling softly before turning to ash very slowly. The whole kitchen was on fire, just like how she remembered. Her mother's face became wicked and the song became distorted and creepy. Shiki also appeared in the flames, burning but never dying. Temota felt her tears flow down. She couldn't look away. Her mother was also on flames, turning to ash and turning back, this repeating itself over and over.

Shade managed to get into the room first. He went up to Emerald and bit hard down on her leg, then her hand. He kept biting her until the creature tried to swat him away. That was when he went to his full size, wings and all. He attacked Emerald with all his might. The two of them continued to fight, Emerald getting really beat up. The thing inside her just kept screaming at Shade but not making sense. He continued to fight her. The shadows were weakening, now that they had to focus on another Shadow Being's attacks. Those stuck in the fears would be let go. Because now Emeralds full attention was on the creature. The spirit of Emerald was also fighting, now that Shade was there. She was trying to win control back. But the door burst open, and in stepped an angry Rhyse. His eyes flashed with hatred and anger. Whatever he had seen, had re-awoken the reason he hated Curse beings. He was flickering with fire, so much it scorched the wood around him. The debri at this point had fallen. The creature weakening. It was the day, and therefore they had that advantage.

"You will die now. I bought your nice attitude. But its clear your just another monster that will be a notch on my belt" He snarled at her, as he took his staff and jumped to attack her. The first blow of the staff had missed, but the second one caught her in the back of the head, as she was focused on the giant cat. Why her cat was attacking her, he had no idea. Well, was attacking her. Once Shade realized Rhyse's intentions, he turned to him. Emerald was already pretty weak at this point. Rhyse attacked Shade slamming him hard with one end of the staff, twirling and hitting the other. He continued his relentless attacks as Shade tried to defend himself. They both got some pretty good bruises before Rhyse used his flames to burn Shade and toss him to the side. Shade, after fighting Emerald, and now Rhyse had no more energy left. He collapsed on the floor.

Shiki's eyes opened once again to see everything in chaos. The owner fainted and there were bien marks everywhere. He looked around quickly and saw Temota in the most fearful state she had been ever since the fire. She was crying and trembling, whispering apologies. Shiki ran to her and hugged her, that's when she snapped out of it. They were both hugged eachother for the longest four minutes in history, their embrace saying everything. Shiki looked up at the stairs and leading his still sobbing sister upstairs. Both of their eyes widened at the scene. Emerald was on the floor and Shade was bruised, And Rhyse too. Shiki then got angry. He was tired of being nice. Temota was still too shaken to do anything while Shiki stepped right infront of Emerald, gripping his sword and glaring at Rhyse.

Emerald was barely holding her own with Rhyse, he was clearly winning when the twins came in. Just as he stepped before her, she was able to get control back of her body. She was weak and in a lot of pain. She didn't care though. She looked around at the chaos and destruction and her heart started to hammer. The guilt got worse when she saw Temota who looked like she was crying. Emerald wanted to go over to her and comfort her. But she wasn't sure if she could move, plus Rhyse was out for blood. Shade was across the room. Emerald didn't know what to do.

Rhyse looked at Shiki in front of Emerald and scowled. "Out of the way, she dies. This is how they work. Be innocent enough to be believable. Are you saying that you want to witness what you did again? She will do it again. She will destroy all of us. She needs to die" His words were spit with pure hatred. Emerald yelped a bit at his words,bringing his gaze to her. "You want to sacrifice your life for her? After she isn't do anything to help any of us. She attacked us, and now you defend her?" He was yelling now. He swung his staff at Shiki.

Emerald could see the fight brewing and she tried a few times to get up, but couldn't. Shade had beat the crap out of her before Rhyse had used his blades on her. She couldn't let him hurt Shiki because of what she did. She couldn't let anyone else be hurt.
"I am a danger to you guys Shiki. Please, I don't want to hurt any of you any more." She said, her head down. She was willing to accept death at that moment. She was so ashamed, and scared of the power inside her. She could tell that she had hurt Temota, and she wanted to reach out. She was finally on her feet enough to try and push Shiki out of the attacks to safety. If Rhyse was to kill her, at least it wouldn't hurt her friends.

Shiki growled at Rhyse's words. He knew Emerald well enough to know she wouldn't hurt someone like that on purpose"She wouldn't because she's not a monster" He snarled as he parried the staff with his sword"I put my life on the line because she's my friend, you would understand if you had any!" He yelled back as he prepared to charge at him. He was cut short by Emerald's words and he looked at her on disbelief"Don't say that! You didn't do it on purpose!"

Temota watched with widened and fear stricken eyes. Rhyse had something to do with flames, which brought her back the vision of Shiki burning to death. She suddenly shouted"STOP!"
Shiki paused to look at his sister.
"It isn't her fault..Naturally, Emerald's connection to the Shadow Realm brings in shadows that feed of fear, but they can only come when she panicking since her magic is tied to her emotions. The reason why it never happened to her before was because of the monastery" She said, wiping her eyes"If we can get something as sacred as that, we can stop the shadows from attacking her" She concluded

Alec narrowed his eyes at the man in front as his words hit. That was it, he had lost temper. "I would have some if beings like her hadn't slaughtered them all" He yelled back at him, swinging the staff again. Though when he heard Temota's Stop, he couldn't help but hold back his attack. He looked at the two in disbelief. "You think its because of the connection? Well that connection just gets stronger. Why do you think they are called CURSED." He snapped, before he stormed out of the shop. He had to cool down. He knew that he didn't want to see the two siblings hurt. And truthfully the look of utter fear, hopelessness and devastation on Emerald's face had stopped him from continueing the attack. He wanted to kill her until she sounded like she was going to accept death. That confused him. He needed to figure things out. As such he took off to a nearby pond in a clearing.

Emerald looked at both of them, sorrow in her eyes. "I am so sorry, I don't know what that was. I have never had that happen. I guess that was why I wasn't suppose to leave. Maybe its best if I go back?" She asked them, hugging her knees. She knew she was hurting, but she didn't bother to deal with them. As the last of the shadows died, Shade also disappeared to the shadows. He no longer could hold onto his physical self on this plane. Still, it would be a few days before he could return. "I couldn't stop it. I had no control. I never want that again" She muttered. Her eyes scanned the two. "God what have I done?" She asked.

Temota walked to her, still shaking and pat her head"I think..I know how we can help.. Can you communicate with Shade while he's..recovering?" She said, taking deep breaths. The memory of her parent's deaths took a toll on her once apathetic attitude.

Shiki sheathed his sword and sighed, looking around. He wondered what they woulf do about the shop and was thankful it was intact on the outside and normal people couldn't sense the magic

Emerald shook her head. "No, when he is drained that much, he doesn't have the energy to communicate across the planes. He will be okay, just needs a few days." She slowly, and shakily stood. She looked at the destruction of the furniture and felt even worse. Still, she would stay strong for her friends. She had to. "I am so sorry. I was able to tap in and out of all the nightmares. I didn't see much, but I could tell how frightened both of you were. I never want to put you guys through that. You have been nothing but kind to me. I am so sorry" She kept appologizing. Still in shock of what happened. She could hear movement downstairs as those in the shop seemed to recover. Though Emerald knew that this could very well get her exiled from the town. "I just don't want to hurt people like that. No one deserves to face their worst fears over and over" She sighed. She looked around again, seeing the burnt wood. So it wasn't only her damaging the place. Somehow that made her feel marginally better.
"Don't take it out on Rhyse please. I could feel his too." She added. She didn't care that he was dead set on killing her now. She still felt like it might have been the better idea. But she couldn't waste her own life. Not when they had tried to help and defend her from the end. No she had to live, or it was a waste on Temota and Shiki after all of this. Better yet, she couldn't touch her shadows. She couldn't touch any of her magic. "I think I am completely tapped out" She muttered more to herself.

The twins looked at eachother and back at Emerald"So that's a good thing?" They both asked. If she couldn't tap into it it might mean she couldn't control it?

Shiki sighed. He was just glad they were both okay. Temota got out her medicine bag and started tending on Emerald's wounds

"Thank you. And yeah, its good for now. I don't know how to control that thing inside me. I have never had it happen like that before. But I never have full control of my abilities. Its one of the reasons I wanted to go on this journey. Maybe I could find help" She explained, letting Temota to tend to her. "But right now, I am as dangerous as a babe in the woods. I have no connection to any of the shadows for a bit. I am pretty much a normal human in skill." She explained. She was glad the monks had taught her as long as their students. She had learned how to defend herself if necessarily. But she was never taught how to defend others from herself.
"Shiki I am so sorry. I don't think we even got the supplies. And now the store owner is probably going to ban you for life." She looked back down. She wanted to tell them it wouldn't happen again. But she couldn't say words she didn't know where true or not.

After about fifteen minutes of silence, Emerald looked at Temota. "I will be okay to heal from here. Thank you but I need to ensure no one else was hurt." She explained, as she stood up gingerly. Her body felt like lead. Or that she hadn't slept in weeks. Whatever happened had drained her, and she could feel that much longer she may never have made it back.
"Plus I feel like I should be cleaning it all up." She muttered to herself. "It was my fault"

Temota nodded and stopped tending while Shiki chuckled at the ban"Temota destroyed property more than once here, we can use that excuse" Temota gave him a glare. They were both glad the shadows wouldn't bother them, at least for a while. Shiki sighed"Only the old man fainted..I hope he's okay.." He mumbled to himself

Once Emerald went and checked on the store keep, and realizing that he would be okay. "We can't blame Temota" Emerald told him shaking her head. "No, It was my fault. I think its best if maybe I don't shop with you guys. I think I need to go for a walk to clear my head" She muttered, before darting out the door. She needed to clear her head. As such, she darted out of the market place to the nearby forest. The forest seemed to be a more peaceful place for Emerald. Though she never understood why. She didn't have any connection to any type of nature. Yet it seemed more peaceful. Emerald thought it was because she wasn't being judged.
She walked for a little bit and found a small clearing, before settling down near the water. She let all her emotions flow quietly, her guilt was overwhelming. She couldn't handle it.

He had been watching the shop after he left. He didn't want to see the twins get hurt. By now he figured that she was having her fun. But before he could even finish his thought, he watched her leave the shop. Tilting his head he decided he would follow her. Or rather Ember would, who got down and slithered behind Emerald, but not close enough to be noticed. He would be able to communicate with Ember, and move in when she is at her weakest. "She is a danger to all of us" He muttered, trying to assuage the guilt that weighed down his thoughts, whenever he thought of killing her. What was wrong with him? She was a Cursed Being that attacked all the others. Then tried to play that she had lost control. Until he heard from Ember, he just leaned against wall of the store. He also wanted to speak with the twins and appologize for putting them in danger.

Temota nodded while Shiki sighed. She was right, since the store keep didn't se her. Shiki wanted to argue but shut his mouth. It was better anyways but he was still afraid she would lose control again. Temota seemed to read his thoughts and pat him on the back and nodded at Emerald. When she left, Shiki started to clean up while Temota went outside since she didn't completely recover from her hallucination. That's why she stopped cooking

Rhyse smiled a little as he saw Temota. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked. "You still look a little pale." He added, sounding genuinely concerned. He was, he wasn't an evil person. He might have seen like one because of Emerald, but he wasn't. He did care about others. Emerald though, wasn't an innocent. She was a monster they would end up fighting in the end. Might as well do it while she is weak. He observed her, but didn't move from his spot. "If your looking for the Cursed One, she ran into the forest, looking pathetic." He snarled, his anger at what she had put him and the others through fresh in his mind. He had never had a good control on his temper. "I sent Ember after her, so once she finds her, we will know where Emerald went." He added. Though his reason may be different than theres. He planned to end Emerald, or at least send her back home.

Emerald decided that a good way to clear her head was to go for a swim. She stripped down to her undergarments and jumped into the cold water. She squeaked from the cold water splashing her. But it was refreshing. She continued to swim and splash around, glad to have found a way to clear her mind. She wasn't sure if it was safe for her to continue on this. What if Rhyse was right? What if it truly meant she was destined to be evil? It seemed everyone was pushing her that way. Could she hold onto her heart? Or will she lose it?

Temota slightly jumped when she heard him and she then stared at him with an empty look. She crossed her arms at his words

"I'll be fine" Her words were cold and hard.

She kept on staring at him in silence as he spoke. Why was he trying to lie? Was he seriously the man Shiki looked up to?.

"Stop lying, you're horrible at it. You just want to see if she'll lose control again so you can find an excuse to kill her. Also, she has a name" She said, her eyes narrowing before looking away

Rhyse narrowed his eyes, his temper flaring. "Why is it you insist on defending her? She is nothing but evil. She is no different than a creature you kill for going rabid on a town. That is what she is, a rabid animal" He snapped. "Those beings do nothing but bring misery to all around. Already its affecting you." He added. "She needs to be sent home, if I can't end her life. She can't be on this quest." He added. "Or are you worried that Shiki might have become a bit attached? He seems quite defensive of her." He sighed. "You need to realize she already has a hold on your brother. Eventually she will infect all of us."

Temota's eye twitched. For a guy who had friends to be this stupid? Wow. She turned to him when he mentioned Shiki. She did notice. He even flirted less after they both met. Strange
"My brother isn't easily manipulated, I'll have you know, no matter how pretty or beautiful the lady is. If she was like you say, I would've noticed when we met" She states calmly but coldly. Reading expressions and body language was one of her skills and that helped her know if a woman was using Shiki for her own gain

Rhyse sighed a little. "Alright I will call a truce on her. I wont try and attack or kill her. At least until this quest is finished. Unless you finally see why she needs to die. I feel Shiki will never hit that point" He scowled. He knew he sounded hate filled. "You know I was once in love with a cursed being, almost as innocent as Emerald. My lover used me and he destroyed everything. They are good manipulators." He tried to explain. "I trusted him too. That he was good. He tried so hard to protect those that needed it. Yet a year later my entire village was dead." He paused as Ember found her.

"She is at a local clearing. Swimming." He told Temota. "I wont go after her. But I suggest you send your brother. Just promise me when the day comes and she turns on us, your able to kill her right away. Dont make my mistake"

Temota sighed and listened. Well, he had his own reasons and she had hers. He was right about Shiki though, she needed to look out for him. She pat his back
"Sorry for your loss..I lost mine too, in a fire" She said and shook away the memory. Temota gave him a strange look when he told her about Emerald's location.

"You should warn her or something.. Or wait until she's finished?" She wanted to avoid the most embarrassing situation her brother would ever live

Users who are viewing this thread

Back