• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Rosemary Beach (Main)

Characters
Here
Other
Here

mood
determined to make a change.
outfit
link
tags
travelbypages travelbypages (emily)

tw: mention of abortion

now playing: the first cut is the deepest - sheryl crow

Who knew that being civil would pay off in the end? Nobody was yelling. Nobody was arguing. And, it didn't look like anyone was going to be crying again. It was incredibly unexpected, but yet, Owen somewhat knew that they would be alright tonight. This would be just one of many steps to both of their healing journeys. This wouldn't have been possible if he hadn't sobered up to the reality of their situation. In order for their baby to have the best possible life, both Owen and Emily would have to overcome their differences. Emily couldn't trust him, and he understood that. But maybe he could try to gain back some of that trust. He averted his eyes as Emily began to speak, feeling like the biggest piece of garbage that could have ever possibly existed right at that very moment.

"I know that I said the worst things to you before. I can't take them back, even if I tried to." He couldn't bring himself to look her in the eyes. What kind of monster would tell the mother of their unborn child to terminate the pregnancy? Owen, that's who. He had always gotten everything he had ever wanted. But when he had demanded that Emily get rid of "it", she had flat out refused. It was the kick in the pants that he needed, knowing that he would have a son or daughter out there who had an absentee father. He wasn't going to follow in his own father's footsteps. Hell, he didn't even know where his father was or if he was still alive. All he knew was his name. Jack Manning, last seen in Arizona twenty-two years ago. Owen could never imagine his child not knowing where he was for twenty-two years. He wasn't going to go through that with his and Emily's child.

"I wish I had treated you right. You deserve to be treated like the angel that you are, and I blew it...big time." Suddenly, he didn't feel very hungry anymore. He pushed his plate aside, putting his fork on top of his mostly uneaten casserole. "I don't know if we could ever get back to where we started." Would he even want them to get back to good? Could they ever get back to the way things were, back when he hadn't hurt her so badly? Owen finally brought his eyes up to Emily as she began to smile. He had missed that beautiful smile on that beautiful face. He had made her frown more times than he had made her smile over the past few months. He had sunk so low...too low. Owen never wanted to hurt her like that ever again.

He couldn't help but smile sheepishly at the thought of everyone thinking that something had happened to him when he deactivated all of his social media profiles. "I'm sorry about that. It was kind of like quitting cold turkey, but my therapist encouraged me to take a break for my mental health. He's really impressed by how fast I'm turning my life around." Owen shrugged as he rose to his feet in order to toss the remnants of his plate into the trash. "I just wish I had gotten this wake up call before I went postal on you." He had many regrets, and that was just one of them. But he stopped dead in his tracks at what Emily said next. He moved to stand directly in front of her, eyes locked on hers. "Hate you? Emily, I could never hate you. I never did, and I never will. God, I..." They were so close. Too close. If either one of them moved now...this could be dangerous.
owen manning.
© reveriee

EMILY CHARTER
At the mention of him going to therapy, Emily smiled again. Despite how he handled everything and all it took for him to actually go, she knew going to therapy was probably A hard decision for him. Making any sort of clear thought or anything that could be seen as feminine was hard for him. She didn’t know why he grew into the person she had come to know but she was proud that he was changing for the better. Whether or not It would last, she had no clue. But, she did know that for now, if a snap were to even come, she’d enjoy how he was being, “I’m proud of you…” she told him gently, “mental health is important, he’s right.“ She confirmed, but what she didn’t want to tell him was just how distant she had to be from everyone before making amends. She needed to figure out her own game plan And how to move on with her future and who would be in it. She’d spent so many weeks alone, throwing up, crying, and contemplating what to do next. Cain had been that little light that guided her through all that darkness… But did that mean she was using him? Her pregnancy brain convinced she was in love with him because he was the first person to give her attention after the last breakup?

She’d almost been lost in thought by the time Owen moved around the counter, confirming that he didn’t hate her and never did hate her. All the doubt over the years while he dragged her through the mud, “pretending” to have feelings for her. But was that just his brain and how it worked? Was he just scared to love someone in case he lost them? She only knew little details about his home life, how he didn’t know his dad, how hurt his mom had been. He never went into detail with her about it, but she knew the gossip. Emily looked away from the counter to his face, searching it for any sort of genuinity. And it was there. Over the years, she had grown to see if he was telling the truth or lies. This was not a lie to him. She could see that through the low glow of the flashlight with how close he stood to her. Butterflies fluttered in her chest as their eyes locked. She didn’t know how to respond to him. And she also didn’t know why her hand moved to his, or why she stepped a little closer, and closer, until she was standing on her tip toes a little bit for their lips to meet.

On one hand, this kiss could be the goodbye kiss that their relationship never got to see but on another hand, this kiss could mean that she would yet again have to reevaluate everything going on in her life. She’d been feeling some doubt lately with Cain, whether her heart was truly in the relationship that her grieving her very spontaneously started. She needed to figure out who she wanted to be. Who she wanted her baby to see her as. Because she definitely wasn’t going to be the girl who pined over Owen, but she also wasn’t going to be the girl who lead another man on because she was lonely. After the long, but soft kiss, she pulled away and took a step back. She was speechless. Her mind and body were at war with each other which meant that was probably her queue to go to bed, “come on, I’ll show you where you can sleep until the storm is over.” She told him gently and stepped around the corner to lead him down the hall. On the left side there was a guest room with adjoined bathroom that he could sleep in. The bed was perfectly made and unused since the move in So she wasn’t worried about changing the sheets. But, she did grab an extra blanket from the closet for him, “I’ll be just down the hall if you need anything.” She told him as she handed over the blanket. She only stayed for a second longer before heading to the door, “goodnight Owen.” She said with a smile and disappeared down the hall to go to bed.

Mentions: Owen - fieldofclover fieldofclover
coded by kaninchen

mood :
just chilling, everything's great!

outfit :
mentions :
n/a

interactions :
fieldofclover fieldofclover (Cole)
Reynolds
;; Veronica
The concept of friendship was so funny. One minute Cole was a stranger standing on her doorstep, soaking wet, and now she felt like she'd become friends with him in record time. Especially since he was already saying that she should become friends with his boyfriend and best friend. Yeah, I am a genius," Veronica laughed. "When this storm dies down a bit, I can take us over to his place if you want. My car has seen some shit; she can definitely handle a little rain." Her old Subaru had indeed seen some shit. It wouldn't be safe to drive it in the current weather, but driving in an average level of rain should be fine. "Scream all you want; it's all very exciting, so I think it's the appropriate response." In this moment, Veronica wished everyone approached things with as much enthusiasm as Cole, it was really refreshing. No, honestly, this much positivity all the time from everyone would be extremely annoying. But coming from one person, it was great. She could vibe with his energy, which she kept in mind for the possibility of hanging out in the future.

She couldn't help but laugh very loudly when he said that she and Charlie should be friends because they were blonde. It was a laugh brought on by finding genuine humor in the statement, clearly good-natured and not mocking Cole's train of thought; she just found it really funny. Besides, she tended to get a bit more giggly than usual when she was high. She found him basically begging her to be friends with them amusing as well, and she chuckled throughout the tangent that left him winded. "Yeah, yeah, of course I'll go on road trips with you guys and talk about any hot person we see, I'm into it all." A timer went off on her phone, and she remembered the brownies she had put in the oven earlier. She hopped off of the counter she was sitting on, then stubbed out her joint and set it down for later, continuing to talk as she got the brownies out of the oven. "You're really cool, actually. I don't find you annoying at all, and I get annoyed by a lot of people, trust me. I didn't get to have too much fun as a kid either; maybe that's why we get along," she smiled. Cutting up the brownies, she grabbed a couple plates to put them on and held one out to Cole. "Pot brownie?" she offered.

Veronica took a bite of her brownie, thinking about her bleak past in town before she continued on. "I grew up here, born and raised," she admitted rather unenthusiastically. "I left for a few years to go to college, but that kind of fell through and I didn't finish, so I moved back here a couple months ago. Fuck, this brownie is good!" she exclaimed overwhelmingly enthusiastically. "Sorry, now I'm the one screaming," she laughed. "You said you moved around a lot? How long have you been here for?"
coded by reveriee.

The longer she stayed wrapped up in Isaiah’s warm, comforting embrace, the more she felt more at peace with the whole ordeal. Her conflicting feelings about the whole situation were to be expected but, still she couldn’t help but feel guilty for feeling this way. Summer loved children with her whole heart, she had always wanted to be a teacher and work with children her whole life but, to have one of her own? Right now at 23 years old was a little, daunting to say the least but, at least she wasn’t alone in this. She had isaiah, her unyielding light house in the middle of the rough waters of parenthood. They could do this, as long as they had each other.

Summer finally felt herself relaxing, and being able to breathe again for the first time since she saw her fate spelled out in bold letter on the tiny little stick. A tiny smile crept into her lips as Isaiah excimer was evident on his face. She has been so excited about telling her that she didn’t even think about how, she would tell her. Summer wanted it to be special, something simple but unique. She bit her lip, wracking her brain on how she would surprise her.

“A card would be nice but,” Summers eyebrows pinched together as she tried to come up with the words. Summers eyes lit up as a thought came into her brain.

“Oh! What if we put our appointment name as something else? We will have to get help from the nurses there for this but, I’m sure it won’t be a problem.” Summer smiled excitedly, “Then we show up in her room, and boom surprise we’re having a baby!”

Summer cupped his cheek and brought him in for a kiss, feeling excited for the first time since she had gotten the news.

Dreamer

Summer

♡coded by uxie♡

Mason’s eyes began to sting, he didn’t know if it was from tears or from being so hungover but his head was pounding and his stomach wouldn’t stop tossing and turning.

“I called you…” She whispered, “I called to tell you and you didn’t answer anything.” Mason opened his mouth to say something but snapped it back closed when Luna began to speak again. She hadnt done anything wrong. Everything was his fault, everything. Maybe if he had been there she wouldn’t have lost the baby? Why did he have to be such an asshole.. just like his father. That’s all Mason was and that’s all he would ever be, just like his deadbeat father. His eyebrows furrowed together in a mixture of every emotion possible but mostly, he was frustrated. Not only with himself, but with the world and fate. Why had fate taken away something so precious to the both of them? How could the world be so fucking cruel? Luna didn’t deserve to go through that, she especially didn’t deserve to be treated like that either.

Mason eyes burned a hole into the rug underneath the coffee table, his lips pressed into a tight, unwavering line.

“It was yours.” Luna’s soft voice made his own features soften as he finally tore his eyes away from the spot on the rug and over to where she sat on the couch. She began to explain the situation as if he would blame her for losing their baby. The though made him sick to his stomach. He knew that her loosing the baby had nothing to do with her, if anything it was all his fault for stressing her out so bad. He was the reason she miscarried, and he was never going to forgive himself that.

“Did you want to ask me anything about the baby?” His lip parted.

“Are you okay?” He asked softly, “do you need anything? Have you eaten anything today?” Mason rose up from his spot without thinking and moved over to her.

“You should sleep.” He held out his hand for her to take, “you can have my bed. When you wake up, I’ll make you something to eat and then we’ll talk more.” He inched his hand closer to her, urging her to take it. He wanted nothing more to shower her with a million apologies but he was tired of saying it, and he was sure Luna was tired of hearing it.

emo

Mason

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

• outfit:

xxx

mood:

calm

alesia's apartment

scenario:

you called

Salem Luduvici

The happiness that was on her face, was all that ever mattered to him. It was the way her eyes shined as she looked at him. He could die happily with just being by her side but his life was dangerous. He may be just a strip club owner on the outside, but he was also Bea's right-hand man in the business. That grew enemies without even trying. He couldn't bring this sweet girl into a life that might only hurt her.

"Yes a fort." He said with a smirk. He wanted to take her mind off of the storm and instead focus on building something that children do. Salem's smile widen as she kissed his cheek before standing up. He watched as she got the thinking look on his face that he loved to see. It was adorable seeing her eyebrows furrow as she makes a plan for their fort. As she moved to the hallway, going into the cupboard, he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

Salem was just enamored by everything that Alesia Fargo does. He couldn't help it. Something about her just draws him in, and he just wants all of her to himself. He wants to claim her in front of everyone but he can't. He really can't. He can't let himself fall for her. He chuckles as she brings out a lot of blankets. "I'm definitely getting you blankets on your next birthday darlin'." He stands up and starts to help her set up the fort.

With teamwork, they had the fort all set up in no time. "Hmm?" He hums as she tells him that she had an idea. He watched as she made it more magical. Salem could only look at her with a soft smile on his face. Once she finished, it looked like a cozy dream that he wanted to fall into. Once she was in the fort, he followed, taking her in his arms. He took off his hoodie and shoes. He looks at her as she asks him to pick a movie.

"Hm, what about a comedy to start? Sounds good?" Salem says as he puts a movie in.

"if you call, I'll come running."

♡design by urzula, coded by uxie♡

It was a nice change of pace, it almost felt domestic as she placed the skillet down on the hot burner after she had cleaned and put away Luca’s sandwich mess from earlier. As the pan was heating up, she grabbed the rest of ingredients and set them down on the counter. The first thing she needed was butter— butter and garlic. Ophelia grabbed four cloves of garlic and minced them up, throwing it into the warm skillet with some unsalted butter. Ophelia loved cooking, it had always been a passion of hers besides singing and playing instruments. She always had a knack for it, which came In handy for all the times her mother was too “busy” to make dinner for her and her little brother.

Next, she combined chicken broth, milk and fettuccine pasta into the fragrant melted butter and garlic. Her stomach was gnawing at itself from just the smell alone.

“Wow oh wow. I wish we could cook food like in that movie Spy Kids, where they just put the pack in the microwave and poof, a whole meal is made instantly.” The sound of Luca voice made her nearly jump out of her skin. Ophelia had been so engrossed with cooking that she had almost forgotten that where she was, who she was with. Ophelia gave him a tiny smile and a giggle, shaking her head while she watched him lay his cheek down on the cool counter. So, she got busied herself with the cooking, stirring the pasta occasionally just like the recipe called for.

“Hey, Luca..” she looked up from the skillet to find the barstool empty. Ophelia whipped her head around, looking for the runaway Luca until she felt her back brush up against something warm. Ophelia felt her body flush. It had been a awhile since she and Luca had been so close to each, with out the promise of slipping underneath the covers with one another.

“Can you grate the Parmesan?” She asked, turning around to look up at him. His own cheeks were flushed but, she figured it was just the booze.

“Or are you too drunk?” Ophelia let a giggle slip from her lips.

singer

Ophelia

♡coded by uxie♡

• outfit:

xxx

mood:

worried

at haiden's apartment

scenario:

you are my family

Samantha Woods

"I was safe! Well sorta. Well, I got here safely!" Sam told her almost girlfriend as she glared at her and pulled her into the house. She blushed as she got told off by her as she stood there in her soaked clothing. She didn't really care about the rain or the storm while getting there. All she cared about was getting to them. She didn't care about danger or the reasons why she shouldn't have.

All she cared was the reason why she should have.

"I'm a doctor babe, I can take care of myself. A little flu isn't gonna hurt me. " Samantha said with a wink. As their relationship grew. She became more and more confident with Haiden. Even though, there were still times that she was a soft puppy which was a lot with Haiden. She blushed as she was told to text the next time she went on to danger mission "Well...it wasn't like a decided thing...until I got into the car?"

She scratched her head. "I got to my house...and I kinda just walked back out. " Sam told her sheepishly as she got pulled into the arms of the girl that she was pretty sure she was gone for. "Look I made it here....was there speeding? Maybe but I made it here!" She pouts as she gets scolded again. She smiles as Haiden rested her forehead on hers "No place I'd rather be." She told her honestly as she gets pulled down the hall.

Once she gets into Haiden's bedroom and was handed pajamas. Which was a hoodie and a pair of shorts. Sam quickly changed into the dry clothes as she folded up the soaked clothes. She looked down as Haiden ask her the question that she was expecting to be asked. "...I got to my house. And I couldn't stop thinking about Colette, Grammy,...you." Sam told her.

"I know you said you guys were fine. And I trusted that but...the more closer I got to my house, the less I wanted to be there." Sam walked up to Haiden, taking her hand into hers and smiling at it. "...It wasn't home anymore. My home is a little girl and her crazy soap opera Barbies show. My home is a grandma that doesn't know the word no when it comes to food."

Sam looked at Haiden who was already looking at her. "My home is a woman that drives me insane and has since I met her. That...I fucking care about it so damn much. That I don't want to be anywhere else but by her side. " She tells her softly as she tries to find the words in her mind.

"So my answer is, that I was coming home."

"I just want to be here."

• mood
    determined to make a change.
    outfit
    link
    tags
    travelbypages travelbypages (emily), mention of cain

now playing: the first cut is the deepest - sheryl crow

All of his progress had screeched to a stop in one brief moment. Before he knew it, they were entwined in the rhythm of a kiss. The rain continued to provide a steady beat against the windows and siding of the house, everything all culminating in the sweet surrender of the mutual pining that both Owen and Emily had refused to acknowledge. They had finally given into the love that they had lost so long ago, letting the moment overwhelm them entirely. But Owen knew that it was just emotions playing into this. Emily was with Cain now. Owen no longer had any claim to her, despite the fetus growing inside of her saying otherwise. And like the flash of lightning that struck just outside the window, the moment was over. Owen was utterly speechless. He wanted to apologize, but the words just couldn't (and wouldn't) come out, even as hard as his brain tried to get his mouth to. Luckily, Emily was quick to speak - showing him to where he'd be staying the night. A part of him wished that he could sleep in her bed with her, just to know that she and the baby were safe and sound during the night. But the reality of it all was that it wouldn't happen. Not now, at least. He really hoped that he hadn't just ruined her relationship with Cain by being a dumb guy and kissing her. If Cain confronted him later on, then he'd be a real man and own up to it. Hopefully they would get over that small 6'1-shaped speed bump in the road. God, everything was so confusing right now. Maybe coming here tonight wasn't the best idea after all.

He followed Emily down the hall to the guest room where he'd be staying tonight. It was a sobering reality to know that he was merely more than an unwanted guest here. Sure, things had been civil tonight, but what would tomorrow bring? What if things blew up in his face come tomorrow morning? He feared that it would. Knowing that Cain would be coming home... A chill ran down his spine at the thought of seeing him after the kiss with Emily. A lyric echoed in his mind: "But with three of us, honey/It's a sideshow." This situation reminded him of the great wordsmith, Taylor Swift. And before you go off, freaking out about the potential of Owen being a Swiftie, no he is not. Getaway Car was simply just a recurring sound on TikTok that got stuck in his head plenty of times. He just so happened to think that it was a good song, that's all. A mere coincidence.

Anyway...

Owen graciously accepted the extra blanket - it was November, after all. Goodnight, Owen. Emily's voice was soft, her smile warm. Did the kiss mean anything to her? Owen longed to know. But before he had the chance to speak, she had disappeared down the hall. He couldn't bring himself to follow her. Even if he had...she wouldn't want to talk to him about what had just transpired between them. Maybe she didn't feel guilty about it. Maybe she did. All that he knew was that he was being weighed down with the burden of knowledge. The knowledge that he had possibly caused a rift between an otherwise happy couple hurt him tremendously. Is this what having feelings was like? All he did was feel terrible these days, ever since he had started to take responsibility for his selfish actions and behavior. Owen had just now started to realize just how much he had made Emily (and everyone else around him) suffer. How had she put up with his shit all these years? He had thrown her in emotional turmoil after emotional turmoil, through the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. She had soared through the skies with him when he wanted to dote on her. But then again, she had also been dragged through the mud too many times to count. Through it all, Emily Charter had weathered the storm known as Owen Manning. He didn't know how she did it.

He tried to settle in for the night. Keyword: tried. But his brain wasn't resting. Owen just couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. Was Emily thinking about it too? Did she regret it? Did she regret him? He was a poor excuse for her baby's father. He was a poor excuse for a man, period. And with that last thought replaying over and over again, he finally drifted off to sleep.

The storm had finally broke when he woke after a fitful, restless sleep. He rolled over, grabbing his phone to see that it was on 2%. The time at the top of the screen read 5:39. Morning was here. But Owen wouldn't be here for long. He had caused Emily enough pain as it was. Maybe he wanted to avoid Cain. Maybe he wanted to avoid any more drama. But either way, Owen slipped out of the house quietly, going out into the uncertain future ahead.
    owen manning.
    © reveriee

LUNA BOWINGS
Luna hadn't expected him to be more focused on her than he was on the baby. He wanted to know if she was okay, if she was feeling fine. But if she were the type of person to speak her mind, she'd be screaming from the mountaintops exactly how not fine she was. At this point, she was broken beyond repair. She didn't have a support system. All she had was a man who couldn't decide if he loved her or not and a girl who practically hated her but was nice enough to help her. She had no mom to hold her while she cried and she had no dad to go out and buy snacks and watch movies with to distract her mind. If Mason couldn't decide if he loved her, if he wanted her, then she would be all alone in the world. She would have to learn to accept that...

But then he stuck his hand out for her to take, for her to go to bed and him to make her food after. She wanted none of that. She slept while he slept, and although she was hungry, she was unsure if stomaching food was an option at the moment. So instead of taking his hand for him to lead her to bed, she took his hand and stood, "I need you to decide if you want me. I can't keep doing this hot and cold. Not with you. It hurts too much." She told him, the tears in her eyes shining. The girl dropped his hand and slipped her arms around his waist, hugging him tightly, "I just need you to hold me for a minute." Was the only offer she could will herself to take from him. She knew it was late, but she was never much of of a sleeper before.

"Can we just lay in your bed? Talk?" She asked, looking up at his face. She took that as a yes so she wandered over to his room and rifled through the drawers to find her favorite t shirt which she quickly changed into before climbing into his bed. When he was beside her and under the covers, Luna hesitantly moved closer to him to place her head on his shoulder and move her arm around his waist. From there, Luna just began to talk. Probably the most she'd ever done in the years they had known each other. She detailed her life with her parents, how she escaped, what brought her to RB and how he made her stay even if they hadn't been together all those years. She told him everything that lead up to this moment with him and just how much he impacted her life away from religion, even if he didn't mean to. If it wasn't clear to him before that she loved him, it had to be now. But the talking distracted her mind from the pain her body was going through. And with his fingers gently trailing her skin, she listened to his story. Not once interrupting him. Instead she soaked in every word as if she was memorizing it like a book.

Maybe their issues weren't that he didn't love her, or couldn't decide if he loved her. Maybe not knowing each other fully was the problem? they both had secrets that either of them were unwilling to share. She told him a brief of what her parents put her through, but never enough to reveal just how bad it was. He saw her scars, caressed them and cared for her even though she had them. And the more she learned about him, the more she cared for him. Sympathized with him on how similar they were but in different ways. The girl gave him little kisses as he spoke, not as a reward but because she couldn't help herself. She did love him with every fibre of her being. And she wanted him to know that. Eventually as the storm raged on, and the time went by, Luna was relaxed enough that her words were starting to become slurred and her eyes heavy. They talked until she was finally sound asleep in his arms.

Mentions: Mason - vixe vixe
coded by kaninchen

ALESIA FARGO
Alessia smiled brightly when he climbed into the fort and cuddled close to him. She wasn't sure why she had these feelings for him or where they sprouted from but she knew the feelings lingered there. Like a blank space in a book that was about to be written. She liked the way he made her feel, physically and emotionally. The relationship they possessed was weird, but she enjoyed it. Though, it probably wasn't the best idea to pursue anything with him with how at arms length he kept her. He showed a desire for her but wouldn't fully let her in. She knew nothing about him, his past, his dreams, or his wants.

When he asked her which movie, she snapped out of her thoughts and smiled up at him, "comedy sounds nice." She said and cuddled in again. She liked the calmness that he was allowing her to have. She hated storms and she hated the uncertainty they brought. She'd seen on the news how storms like this wipe out towns completely and how fast someone can lose everything. She'd worked so hard to build everything she had, she would be devastated if it was gone in an instant. So, she watched the movie quietly.

Eventually when it ended and her eyes were growing tired, she propped herself up on her elbow to look at him. He was handsome. Probably the prettiest man she had ever seen, which said a lot because she worked in a strip club where she saw different men every day. Maybe she was biased though. Either way, she leaned down to gently press her lips to his. All he ever brought her was comfort. If she was nervous at work about something, she was allowed to hide in his office, he scared away the bad men, and now he brought her supplies and helped build a fort in a storm. All this was only making her fall harder for him, even if it was a bad idea to. Her past relationship with Kaz ended so badly, had ruined so many things for her. And Salem was just another boss. The other girls already made comments to her about her track record. But she didn't care, maybe Salem was different?

"I'm getting sleepy..." She told him when she finally pulled her lips away from his. And she was. The warmth of the fort, paired with the movie, and the cuddling. She felt like she could lay down right now and go right to sleep until the storm passed, "is it okay if I sleep?" She asked, laying back down as a different movie started up. She hooked her arm around his waist as she waited for his answer, doing her best to keep her eyes focused on the movie playing in front of them. But with every blink her eyes were getting heavier and heavier until eventually she couldn't keep them open anymore.

Mentions: Salem - r e i r e i
coded by kaninchen

LUCA GIOVANNI
Luca kept his arms around her tightly until she eventually turned and asked him to grate the cheese. But right now he wanted nothing more than to kiss her again. He did it once and now standing here, watching her cook, he wanted nothing more than to do it again. So, he brought his hand up to her cheek, and dipped his head to kiss her again. He was being good, keeping it gentle, soft. Until he eventually pulled away and moved to grate the cheese.

He was definitely still drunk as hell, but not as much as when he showed up. So, he began to slowly grate it until she told him to stop, "There! Grated cheese with no skin flakes." He told her with a laugh and brought the plate over for her. The man waited patiently but not so patiently as the food cooked. He was realizing now his mediocre sandwich didn't fill him up enough. So, when it was ready he excitedly took his plate over to the dining table to eat. Or in true Luca style, shovel it down until it was gone. If it were his home, he'd just leave the plate at the table until he was sober, but this was Ophelias house. So he took his plate to the sink and rinsed it off.

"Okay, I'm sobering up. But, the storm is worse now. And I don't think it's a good idea for me to drive still. So how about I pamper you. We sleep, and in the morning you can decide if you still hate me or not?" He asked, leaning against the counter. But instead of waiting for her answer, he waited till she was done her dinner, put the plate away, then took her hand to go to her room, "lay down." He told her. Normally he'd say those words for a different setting, but this time he had a different idea. Going to her bathroom, he grabbed her brush and some elastics. Sitting behind her with her between his legs, she began to brush her hair. Making sure to go slow as to not tug any knots as well as massage her scalp. He learned to braid because of all his cousins. Nothing fancy but he liked how her hair felt. It was soft. When the braid was finished, he put the brush on the nightstand before he wrapped his arms around her. He was beginning to get sleepy now that the alcohol was wearing off.

"I'm sorry, again, for all that shit. I don't know what's wrong with me... But if you're willing to be patient I'll work on myself." He told her, pressing his lips to the crown of her head as he held her. Eventually he scooted farther down the bed and pulled her close. He was exhausted. And the warmth of her body on his was not helping his case. So, he gently tangled his fingers in her hair, gently massaging her scalp until his hand stilled and a soft snore began.

Mentions: Ophelia - vixe vixe
coded by kaninchen

HAIDEN SUTTON
Haiden smiled softly at Sam and pulled the girl close. She'd never had anyone say anything like that to her before. It was refreshing. Usually the people she briefly had in her life talked about when the next hookup would be and not how they just wanted to be with her, love her, make her their home. Here Sam stood, looking at Haiden like the only person in the world. She loved Sam. Could she tell her yet? No. She needed to figure out the terms of the NDA first. But, she would live with what she could take now.

Slipping her arms around Sam's shoulders, she pulled her close as she pressed her lips to Sam's. From what she could hear in the house, Collette and Nana were still playing Barbies. Gently she slipped Sam's shirt back over her head, not caring that she had just given Sam the clothes, "you're my home too." She said quietly and sat on the edge of the bed as she pulled her own sweater off. After their moment, she pulled her clothes back on just in case Collette came barging in, and laid back on the bed to cuddle close to Sam, "I gotta figure out the contract... So we can just be us with no reprecussions. I can't afford the lawsuit or whatever he has planned if I tell anyone..." she told her quietly as she absentmindedly traced circles on her arm as the candle flickered on the walls.

From the kitchen she could hear Nana calling for the two and with a sigh she stood and helped Sam up off the bed, "be prepared, it might be food." she said with a small laugh and took her hand to go to the kitchen. There Nana was, bustling around in the kitchen to put together something for the family to eat. When Collette rounded the corner and saw Sam, the girl squealed and ran over, throwing herself into Sam's arms. This was only confirmation that she needed to get her shit figured out. She needed to find a way around the NDA to make Sam officially hers.

Eventually, when food was eaten, playing was done, and both Nana and Collette were asleep in Collette's room, Haiden went back to her room with Sam and plopped down on the bed. She was exhausted, "I hope the storm goes away soon..." She said with a sad smile and stared up at the ceiling. The wind and rain were pounding against the metal of the trailer. She was definitely going to have to figure out repairs over the next couple of days... Maybe the neighbors wouldn't mind pitching in. They usually loved helping out Nana, "I think I need sleep." She told Sam gently as her eyes grew heavy, "come cuddle." Was her finally demand before she cuddled into Sam and fell asleep in the girls arms.

Mentions: Sam - r e i r e i
coded by kaninchen

mood :
just chilling, everything's great!

outfit :
mentions :
n/a

interactions :
fieldofclover fieldofclover (Cole)
Reynolds
;; Veronica
Bless weed for existing. Veronica owed much of her happiness in life, including any friendships she made to weed. For anyone who didn't suck, it was an instant connector, something to bond over. Like, it had allowed her to become fast friends with this guy who now thought cars had eyes. "No, it's just a figure of speech," she explained, probably pointlessly. She was thankful her pot brownies had slapped though, contributing to the good vibes. "I'm actually not a baker, despite my skills. I think I'd like being a baker though," she laughed, "I'm actually an artist. Usually do painting commissions." She briefly thought about the dog painting she had worked on at the beginning of the day. She really should get to finishing that at some point. Oh well, she'd do it sometime this week. She relit her joint and took a hit.

The mood shifted a little after Veronica asked Cole about his past. Damn, every other bitch she made friends with had to have trauma huh? That's just life, she figured. Parts of it suck but you try to make the best of it despite everything. Her childhood had been shitty, which is why she'd skimmed over the topic when asked about her past. It sounded like Cole had really been through it though. "Damn, that really sucks. I don't think I know Isa, but I'm glad you found a good mom. That's kind of cool actually. Like, you found your family. Like, you have Isa, and Baby Cat, and Micahhhh." She giggled at the final name, making a kissy face in a teasing manner. It was a little childish, but hey, getting high never made her more mature. "Seriously, that's really sweet."

Taking another hit of her joint, she sighed and leaned back on the kitchen counter. "Like, I have a mom I guess. She lives in town actually, but she hates me. So, I decided to be my own mom, always have been really. Not literally." She realized this statement was extremely confusing, but didn't necessarily care. She found a lot of things she said didn't make sense when she was high. Opening up a little felt good though, she didn't do that a lot. "I think I'll find some family for myself eventually though. Just need some time to find more people I actually like."

Ultimately, she was really glad Cole showed up on her doorstep. It was pretty cool smoking out, getting to know a total stranger. Her day could have been totally boring otherwise. They made some really good conversation, inevitably their chatter would become a chaotic mess of ramblings with all the weed, but at least they'd had a good time. Since the storm didn't calm down later in the night, she let Cole crash on her couch. Even if this storm sucked, at least it brought about the start of a lovely friendship.
coded by reveriee.

A Day of Thanks
IMG_8767.gif

Almost like a Hallmark card, Thanksgiving is usually depicted as a family sitting around the grand dining table, sharing what they’re thankful for, and spending time with family .. but this is Rosemary Beach, good luck with that everyone!

• outfit:

xxx

mood:

freaking out

at the diner

scenario:

perfect thanksgiving

Isabella Edison

Isa had so much to do today. Today was Thanksgiving, and aside from the fact that she has never done a proper Thanksgiving before. Normally, it would be her and El, and Cole and you know pigging out on whatever they could find open or such.

This year was different.

Now she had somewhat of a misfit family to celebrate with. Plus this is the first holiday that she would be sharing with her girlfriend, Bear. And the first holiday that she and her baby boy shared a last name. It's been a journey to get the name change, a bunch of paperwork, and checks and money so she can finally look at the man that she called a son, and say Cole Edison. He was a part of her family, and that just made it official. She was so happy when she got the news from the lawyer that she didn't wait to rush out and tell Cole. Tell him that she finally made their dreams of sharing a last name a reality. The smile on his face meant everything to her. Every fucking thing.

Only if she could make Elosie happy as well.

The moment she got the call a few weeks ago about the incident, and had Blu rushed over there before following herself. Eloise was just a shell of herself, she barely got up to do anything. Isa's been taking care of the bills with Blu's help since her little sister had taken a leave of absence from work. By taken, Isa means that she had Liz go and tell their boss that she was dealing with a family situation, and would be out for the next couple of weeks. Both of the older sisters have been diligently staying by her side. Making sure she ate, dressed, and took a shower. Since El refused to go into the main bedroom, and instead took refuge in the living room couch. Blu and Isa took the floor by the couch, creating a bed using blankets, sheets, and pillows. Both of them have temporarily moved in understanding that she couldn't be alone.

They made sure that at least one of them stayed with her, and if neither of them could, someone they trusted could. Like tonight, both of them knew that they couldn't cancel the dinner as Isa had been planning it for weeks, even before the incident. And they also knew that their sister wouldn't leave the house once again. So they had someone that they trusted watching over her, as they would both be out. They didn't know how long or if she would come out of this but they swore to her and themselves that they weren't going to leave her.

This time, they were going to be there for her like she has been for them.

In secret, Isa has been searching for Ryan using some help from Bea and her connections. Isa haven't even told Carter that he was gone. All she has said is that he had a family situation to take care of and would be out until further notice. She's been doing it all, not hiring another right-hand man because Ryan was her right hand. Nothing was going to change that. He had a family here, he just needed to know it. Needed to know that they weren't just going to forget about him and moved out. He had a home, he had a girl, and he had a fucking family right here. She knew that the only way El was truly going to be happy was with him. So she was going to find him...for her.

Isa shook her head and went back to decorating the diner which Blu closed down for the day so they could do Thanksgiving here. She just wanted everything to be perfect. Liz, Cole, Cole's friend Veronica of which Isa was pretty sure that he was trying to have her take in the family, Della, and Blu was going to be here. Blu was actually on the way, to help with the cooking and brought store items that she needed. She got down from the stool she was standing on and took a step back trying to see if it looked right.

Isa just wanted to make this one day go smoothly.

Just one day.

"If I could fix your heart, I would."

• outfit:

xxx

mood:

scared

at della's apartment

scenario:

first date

Blu Iverson

It's been a long couple of weeks. Weeks of watching her sister waste away. Of basically doing everything for her, as she became a shell of herself. After that night, Blu and Isa refused to leave her side. She moved in temporarily, as did Isa. Sleeping on the floor by the couch as the couch as occupied by Elosie who refused to even step near the main bedroom. Refused to go into the last place she shared with Ryan. Blu had left the diner completely in the control of Della, who has stopped by a few times with food, and paperwork. The diner was doing amazing under her management which she knew that it would.

Della just had the power of making everything better.

Now that she had made it clear that she had feelings for her. Blu was meaning to take her out on a date but with Elo, and everything, she hasn't been able to. Not like she wanted to. All she could do is watch over her sister and take care of her. Blu looked around the apartment, she needed to head to the diner to help Izzy out with the Thanksgiving dinner. Of which she was taking Della. This is why before she was heading to the diner, she was heading to pick up her. But first, she needed to make sure that her sister was taken care of. She heard the knock on the apartment door and headed to open it.

"Hey Miss Franklin, thanks for staying with her again" She said as she let in the older woman. Miss Franklin was an older woman that lived two apartments down from them. She has been a great help, watching over El when neither Iz nor she could. Today was no different. "It's no problem, I don't have anyone to spend Thanksgiving with anyway. Don't worry, she'll be fine in my hands." The old woman sweetly told her as she pats Blu's shoulder softly. Blu smiled and nodded as she goes to the girl on the couch staring at nothing. Blu had put on Spongebob trying to get her to react or anything but it was still the blank look on her face. Like it has been for the past couple of weeks.

"Miss Franklin is going to stay with you. Me and Iz will be back tonight. " She bent down to tell her sister as she brushed back the hair from her face. "I love you, Ellie. " She told her softly "I won't be long, I promise." Blu then headed out making sure to let the old woman know that there was food in the fridge, and she was free to have some of course. Before she headed out, getting into her car, she drove out and towards Della's home.

Once she had gotten there, she got out of the car, grabbing the flower she had gotten for her. Then proceeded to head to the door of her apartment before knocking on it softly.

God, she hopes that she doesn't majorly fuck this up.

Blu really didn't want to fuck this up.

"I just really like you..."

#

Richard

The Villain

mood
Unwilling host for Thanksgiving dinner.

interactions
The Haven children, Oce, Sawyer, et al.

tags
travelbypages travelbypages , vixe vixe

Thanksgiving dinner. What did Richard have to be thankful for? An abrupt move to this godforsaken place? A bitter ex-wife on the other side of the country? A pathetic wisp of a son? A failure-prone middle daughter? A youngest daughter who couldn't keep out of trouble? That was what he had to be thankful for? Jesus, he'd need a couple of glasses of scotch, neat, of course, to help soothe the beast within during the night's events. This was going to be an utter shitshow. Gabriel had invited his assistant, Sienna had invited that freak of nature best friend of hers, and Claire was going to introduce her boyfriend. Richard would have been just fine throwing some money at his three children to throw their own celebrations, but of course, Thanksgiving just had to be a family affair. So the maids and cooks and housekeepers had made the countryside mansion as presentable as it could possibly be for the meal of turkey that the Havens and their guests would have tonight. He had even had the "kindness" in his heart to give them hefty bonuses for working overtime on a holiday.

Now, everyone knew that Richard Haven was a heartless, soulless creature full of hatred for everything besides business and women. He wasn't one for a heartwarming family get-together, by any means. Hell, with the way his kids always managed to embarrass him, he would rather not even speak of them at all. He had always tried to set a good example for his children - business-minded, power-hungry creatures taking after their father. For as long as he had watched them from a safe arm's distance away, Gabriel, Sienna, and Claire had always managed to disappoint him. Sometimes he wished that he had never had any children at all - it would surely be better than having yearly Thanksgiving dinners, that was for sure. Hell, if it wasn't so normalized, he wouldn't even celebrate any holidays at all. Making money never took a holiday, so why should he?

Richard made his way from his study down to the foyer, where the guests would soon be arriving. "Mr. Haven, I can handle the door. Did you want me to make you a drink?" His doting housekeeper, Anita, stared up at him with big, hopeful eyes. She had worked for him since she graduated high school twenty-four years ago. She had her own family to feed now. She deserved to be with her children today. "No, Anita, that's okay. In fact, why don't you take the rest of the day off?" She seemed taken back by his proposition. But a smile graced her face. "Thank you, Mr. Haven." And then she hugged him - a stiff, awkward gesture of her appreciation. "Yes, yes, you're welcome." He awkwardly patted the top of her head before she scurried away. At least someone would be happy this Thursday.

© weldherwings.

SIENNA HAVEN
Sienna was dreading this dinner. She hated her family. She hated everyone who associated with her family. And that included Oceanna. After that night she found Oce and Claire together, she hasn't been coping well. She'd been playing it off as if she'd been too busy working to spend her nights at home. But in reality, she'd been just staying in the studio until early hours of the morning, either tattooing herself or working on her mural. She was exhausted. Between going home very late and waking up early for her work, she was getting very little sleep and it was starting to show. She had dark bags under her eyes, she was losing weight because all food was making her nauseous, and she was often caught day dreaming. Of course she didn't let any of this affect her work though, as she didn't want to lose the one thing she had left. Why did she agree to this dinner? It's not like she needed the money, and she could easily find her own apartment if she wanted to.

She did her best to find clothes that covered everything. She didn't want her dad to have more things to say since the discovery of her best friend and sister had added a mirage of tattoos to her body. Thankfully, the only thing that was visible through her clothes was a peak of a vine she had added to her hand. The fact that her clothes just hung off of her now really helped as well. Timidly she approached the countryside house, her heart racing with each step that brought her closer. She could just turn around and leave now, but Oceanna walked beside her, chatting away and completely oblivious to the pain that Sie was feeling. She'd given Oce no hints that she knew. And her excuses weren't totally unbelievable. Her anxiety could also be masked by this dinner with her family.

One knock at the door was all it took for the servants to answer. She didn't know their names anymore, but if she had she'd thank him. All she could do was hurry past with her head ducked until another approached her and led the girls to the dining room. From there, she could see the spread of food being added to the table, while others poured the glasses of wine. She hated this all already. She wanted to just be in the studio, hiding away from all her problems. Pretend they didn't exist. It would be better if she could just hop in her car and leave... But there was one person in the town holding her back. If it weren't for him, she'd be long gone despite her brothers protests that she would be in danger. She didn't care. The idea of being in danger but with a possibility of being happy meant more to her than always being on the run. She hated her family and who they were and who her dad associated with. He was the reason they were all in danger.

The only reason she was still around them was because she at one point had been close with her brother and sister. She used to be close with them until their brains were somehow corrupted by the very man who gave no fucks about them. She was only here now because until she had the bravery to leave, until she had the money to leave, until Cyrus eventually let go of the hold he had on her heart... Just like everybody else did. Nobody cared about her enough to be a permanent fixture within her life. At one point she believed Oceanna would be, but now she was just like the rest of them. Like the rest of her family.

Mentions: (briefly) Cyrus - PenguinFox PenguinFox , Claire - vixe vixe , Gabe and Richard - fieldofclover fieldofclover
coded by kaninchen

OCEANNA WOLFF
Oceanna only agreed to going to this event because she knew Claire was going to be there. Her addiction to the girl was slowly but surely growing. If it weren't for Sawyer, she'd probably admit to Claire that she loved her even. But there was also Sienna. She was sure that Sienna had no clue about her affair with Claire despite Sie never being home. Oce just chalked it up to Sie being depressed about her family, as usual. But Oce didn't complain though, it gave many excuses to have Claire over. Even if they were just being platonic with watching movies and such. She was enjoying her time getting to know Claire more than what went on in the bedroom.

Beside her, she could tell that Sienna was nervous. More so than usual, but she knew the fight with Claire at the festival had hit her hard. Her attempt at getting closer with Claire again had failed miserably, which Oce was still getting to the root of. Why she chose to pick fights with Sienna was beyond her. But, she would still be supportive of both the girls, even if being supportive of Claire needed to be a secret. She loved them both but if it came down to choosing a side, depending on the situation of course, she would definitely choose Claire's side. She was in deep with Claire and she was terrified but excited for feeling something for someone finally.

"Come on, you can do this." She said with a smile, trying her best to nudge Sie toward the massive home. She still wasn't used to the money that Sienna was born from. The house was jaw dropping, but she did her best to ignore the beauty of it knowing where the money exactly came from. She thanked the servant for Sie and followed the girl to the dining room. From there she could see that Richard was already alone, sipping scotch or something expensive. She didn't know if he was giving them odd looks, which Oce didn't care. He's never liked her and she didn't care if he liked her. Sienna didn't say a word to him as she sat at the table and Oce took a seat next to her, adjusting her skirt so that it didn't bunch up. She had nothing in common with Richard nor did she want to speak to him, so she also kept silent, doing her best to make conversation with Sienna who didn't seem to want to talk. So, she just sipped her wine and leaned back in the chair. This dinner was going to take forever at this point, but with Claire there it wouldn't be so painful to sit through.

Mentions: Richard and Sawyer - fieldofclover fieldofclover , Claire - vixe vixe
coded by kaninchen

DELLA BRESSETT
Della was stressed beyond belief. She's barely worked before, letalone ran a restaurant on her own. Thankfully, paperwork wise, she was able to just take all that to Blu. But keeping the servers in order, customers happy, and food tasty was proving to be difficult. But, so far everything was going smoothly. She was just doing what she saw Blu do before this whole ordeal with Eloise happened. She didn't know the full details, she didn't care to know the full details, but she was worried about Blu. Taking care of someone was hard. Della had spent a good part of her early twenties taking care of her husband. Luckily for Blu though, she wasn't met with blows to the face or anything abusive like that with Eloise. All she knew was that Eloise was in basically a comatose state.

Della had spent a good part of the morning decorating the restaurant to look nice for Blu's dinner with everyone close to her. The decorations though, were supposed to be a surprise and she really hoped Blu liked them. She'd just gotten back to the house to change into some better clothes when she heard a knock at the door. Quickly, she rushed over and answered it, while at the same time, zipping up her dress. She was a little surprised to see Blu there, "oh hey." She said with a smile, quickly pulling the girl in for a hug, "hey help me with this?" she asked, barely noticing the flower as she turned her back toward Blu to zip it up. When the dress was all set, she smiled brightly and turned to see the flower, "oh... thank you." She said, a red tint covering her cheeks.

Taking the flower, she quickly found a cup to put it in with some water before turning to face Blu again, "I have a surprise for you too, but we gotta get to the diner." She told her and led her out the door to her car. She was excited for Blu to see the decorations she had put up. A bunch of fake leaves, pumpkins, she'd even gotten the staff to make some hand turkeys. IT was all cheap decorations because that was all she could afford, but nonetheless it looked like Thanksgiving had slapped the shit out of the diner. So when they got there, she took Blu's hand in hers and dragged her into the building, excitement radiating through her.

Mentions: Blu - r e i r e i
coded by kaninchen

FELICITY MEYERS
Felicity was nervous as she watched the little ones gracefully move to the stage. This was her first time choreographing a dance for the young dancers, and she both nervous and excited to see how the parents would react to the dance. She'd decided to go with a ballet version of the great pumpkin from the peanuts show. Of course it was more innocent than a scary pumpkin, and it added more of a message of thanks on Thanksgiving. But, she stood on the side, watching as they all performed perfectly. She only had to give queues to them every once in a while, but other than that, they did everything perfectly. And from the "aweees" of the crowed she assumed everyone liked the performance.

A bright smile sat on her lips as each one exited the stage toward her. With high fives and hugs from each of the little ones, she was more than happy. The rest of the little concert was a breeze, each category of the dance classes going up in expertise until the show was eventually done and parents were running around hugging their kids as well as thanking Felicity and the other teachers. It warmed her heart. The professional world of dance had been hard on her, her body, and her spirit. She thought for a long time that she would not be able to enjoy dance after her dad died, but here she was with the brightest and most genuine smile plastered on her face.

Another thing she thought she would never enjoy again were holidays. This was her and her mothers first Thanksgiving without her dad, so of course the thought of him not being there to see any of this hurt her, but being surrounded by so much joy and so many good people was a great distraction from the feeling of loss. When her mom finally found her, Felicity gave her a hug as the woman complimented how well she did and how good the show was, "thank you momma." She told the older woman and took her hand to so the pair could go find Eli within the crowed.

She'd really been enjoying her time with Eli. They got along really well, he was friendly toward her, and he guided her. It kind of revived a place in her heart that she thought she'd walled off long ago. But, she wouldn't get her hopes up. She didn't want to think that something was there just in case there wasn't anything there. What she was thankful for though, was his invited to his families Thanksgiving dinner. She'd have been more than happy spending it alone with her mom, watching shows and eating a tub of ice cream together. Their night would have originally been a night of ignoring their grief, but now she and her mom would be spending Thankgiving with a loving family, like hers had once been, "hey, the show went so well." She said, wrapping her free arm around him in a quick hug, "the kiddos did so well." She complimented as she backed up, "this is my mom, Sylvie." She introduced her mom who instantly gave Eli a hug. She knew that would happen, "it's nice to finally meet the man who's taking up all my daughters time." The woman said and winked at Felicity who blushed deeply, "okay that's enough of that." She told her mom, giving the woman a look.

"So! Where's the dinner taking place." She turned to Eli with a smile. She'd worn a nice dress, not just for the show but because she wanted to look nice at his families dinner. She didn't know why she wanted to impress them, but she hoped she looked like enough for it. She wasn't sure how they were, all she really knew was that they had money and that's something that her and her mom didn't have, "Just give me the word and I'll go find my shoes and head over with my mom." She told him. She was unsure where her shoes where though. She'd left them somewhere when she was practicing with the kids earlier. Now, she had no clue where they were. If worse comes to worse, she had some converse in her car.

Mentions: Eli - geminiy geminiy
coded by kaninchen

• mood
    worried.
    tags
    vixe vixe (amelia, claire), travelbypages travelbypages (oce, sienna).

now playing: times we had - barlitto

Sawyer Washington was antsy. Why, might you ask? Well, because he was about to meet his girlfriend's father. Richard Haven was a powerful man in Rosemary Beach, and a scary one at that. It was safe to say that Sawyer was fearing for his life right about now. He looked dapper in his Thanksgiving attire, though - it helped calm the crashing waves of nerves inside of him. His turkey hat would be the star of the show if he played his cards right. Underneath the hat, below his neck, was his crewneck sweatshirt that he and his mother had decorated with his own handprint, dressing it up as a turkey. He wore his best pair of jeans and Keds to complete the look. And hey, if things went haywire here, he always had a backup turkey to demolish waiting for him back home.

He didn't know why he felt like Claire was pulling away from him. If anything, he was hanging on for dear life. Maybe she was just stressed because of the holidays. She was closing herself off to him when he had opened his heart to her. All she had to do was talk to him. What was holding her back? The thought of cheating had never crossed his mind. He was too naïve to think that Claire's heart was anywhere else. If only he knew what he was about to walk into. But of course, he was still totally in the dark about everything. How was he to know any different? Sawyer didn't know a thing. But what he did know was that he was falling deeper in love with Claire with every passing moment. If he could win over her father, maybe he'd even work up the courage to propose later on down the line. He was that serious about her.

Anyway...Claire didn't want to ride with him to her father's mansion. It was a good thing, too, because he was biking there. There was only room for one Sawyer, no Claire. He could've had his mom drop him off, but he didn't think that Mr. Haven would appreciate that very much. He had to show him that he was man enough for his daughter. He popped his off-brand AirPods (What? The real ones are expensive!) into his ears, scrolling through his liked songs on Spotify before clicking on "Times We Had" by Barlitto. To most, that old meme song from cringy TikToks was just that: cringy. But to Sawyer, he really vibed with the message of the song. Why couldn't things go back to the old days, back when Claire actually wanted to hang out with him. Little did he know that those lyrics would ring true later on tonight...

But for now, Sawyer was pedaling along, taking his sweet ol' time getting to the Haven residence. It would be a long time before he got there. But he didn't want to be all sweaty if he rushed over there. It wouldn't be a good look on him. It was rather windy, and he sometimes struggled to keep his balance against the harsh breeze. That didn't stop him from pushing through, however. He was Sawyer Frickin' Washington, after all. His mother had always told him that he was a warrior. So he believed that he could do anything that he put his mind to. And before he knew it, he was stopped at the front gate. "Name?" The attendant in the little booth next to the gate looked at him expectedly. Sawyer popped out an earbud, turning down his music.

"Oh, um...it's Washington. Sawyer Washington? I'm meeting my girlfriend, Claire...Claire Haven? As in...Mr. Haven's daughter?" The attendant held up a finger, scanning the clipboard in his other hand for his name. Sawyer didn't realize how exclusive this Thanksgiving dinner was going to be. A car started to pull in behind him, screeching to a halt after barely seeing Sawyer. His heart leapt out of his chest. The driver of the vehicle rolled down his window as the attendant walked over to it. "Ah, Gabriel. Do you know this Washington?" The attendant seemed very dismissive of him, asking loud enough for Sawyer to hear. What did Sawyer ever do to him, anyway? He had never met Claire's brother, Gabe, but maybe he knew of him by name? With his luck, he wouldn't be able to even get inside those gates.

Sawyer awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as he rested on the bicycle seat, holding his balance steady with his feet firmly planted on the ground. Would Gabe vouch for him? The attendant seemed to take forever talking to him. But it wasn't long before the attendant walked back over to Sawyer, a look of disgust in his eyes. "I'll go open the gate for both of you." Sawyer let out a sigh of relief as soon as the attendant was out of sight. The gate creaked open, and he quickly made his way inside, letting Gabriel's car smoothly glide into the garage before he followed suit, resting his bike against the side of the building. "I hope you don't mind..." Sawyer mumbled, shoving his hands in his pockets. Gabe just nodded, leading a blonde into the side entrance.

Sawyer figured that he wouldn't be let in there - he wasn't related to any of the Havens, nor did he claim to be. So he walked all the way to the front entrance, rapping the door knocker twice. It clacked against the wood of the door with a loud thud, startling him. And he had just let go of the brass when the door creaked open, revealing Gabe. "You know, you could have come in with us." The well-dressed man scanned him up and down. "Oh, um...I'm sorry, I just...thought that..." His ears burnt with embarrassment. "It's alright. Nice shirt, by the way." Sawyer glanced down at his shirt upon hearing Gabe's compliment, though he really didn't think that he actually meant what he said. He quietly shuffled into the Haven residence. "Thank you. Um...do you know if Claire's here yet?"

Gabe shrugged in response. "I just got here. Sorry." Gabe closed the door behind him, gesturing for Sawyer to follow. She was there, sitting besides some rainbow-haired girl that he had never seen before. Her sister filled in the other seat on that side of the table, leaving him no choice but to sit besides the blonde girl that Gabe had brought in. In came Mr. Haven, the color running from his face in fear of the man. "Ah, everyone's here. I just checked with the kitchen and the turkey will be delayed by a few minutes. I hope that does not offend any of you." Richard sat at the head of the table, eyeing Sawyer suspiciously. He stood out, with his turkey hat and homemade sweatshirt. But did he not stick out more than the colorful-haired girl nearly sitting exactly opposite of him? Sawyer didn't really know. All he knew was that he was scared you-know-what-less.
    sawyer washington.
    © reveriee

Claire really didn’t want to go to this stupid thanksgiving dinner. Holiday food had never really been her thing. The turkey was always too dry and sweet potatoes were absolutely the worst thing that you could ever set in front of her, even if they had a world renowned chef cooking for them.

Now, she had to sit pretty in a room full a people who hate each other all because her father wanted them all to sit together for once and have a proper family meal.

“For suck sake.” Claire muttered, while bringing her glass to her lips. Truth be told, she didn’t know why she invited Sawyer to her dysfunctional family— to meet her father but here they were. He was on his way over and it was too late to tell him to just go home and be with his loving family instead of being stuck at table with a girl who’s only pretending to like him because she’s too afraid of disappointing her dear old, toxic father.

The only thing that was going to get her through this dinner was the booze. She’d already had three glasses of the bubbly stuff, the kind that sneaks up on you when you’re least expecting it and she was already feeling it by the time the first guests arrived and sat down. She didn’t even have to look to know who had sat beside her. Oceanna’s leg brushed up against hers, making butterflies erupt in her stomach while her face remained neutral, save for the tiny blush that spread across her cheeks.

Gabe and Amelia were the second pair to arrive. Sawyer followed shortly after, making Claire’s heart leap into her throat. There was a war waging between her head and her heart. Sawyer was good, too fucking nice for his own good. He was the perfect guy; sweet, caring, understanding but, he wasn’t Oceanna. Sawyer deserved better— better than what she could give him. It was a mistake to even invite him tonight, but the damage had already been done. Here he was, giving her the dopey, adorable smile from across the table while her mind could only focus on the thought of Oce’s hands on her body.

Quickly, Claire downed the rest of her fourth glass, signaling for one of the servants to fill it up again just as her father came into the room, nursing a glass of his signature drink. Claire paid him no attention though, her attention focused squarely on the feeling of Oceanna’s knee rubbing against her own as he rambled on about something unimportant to her.

Eventually, when he had finally sat back and stopped talking Claire looked over at Sawyer, giving him a small smile as she sipped on her champagne.

“Where’d you get the.. uh, hat?” She asked, trying to make small talk. “And the uh, sweatshirt?” Claire gave him a look, while her fingers softly brushed the side of Oceanna’s thigh as she was “fixing” her skirt. Claire couldn’t help it, even though she felt like a terrible, no-good, awful person for doing it. Her feelings for Oceanna had grown immensely ever since that night at the hotel. She had never felt like this before and it was both exciting and terrifying at the same time because she had never found someone who she felt so strongly about. Not even her boyfriend who was sitting across from her.

spoiled

Claire

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

• outfit:

xxx

mood:

calm, but excited

at her house

scenario:

play it cool, just play it cool

tags:

Emerson Morgan

Emerson just wanted one day. One day to have her sister near her, to be a broken family but together. She's been looking forward to this day ever since she asked Salem if she could have it off. He just looked at her and told her, Well yea, everyone is getting a day off. The club is closed, I got family shit to do too. She could have kissed him at that moment, if only she and the girls both agreed to not sleep with the man with his eyes on their most adorable co-worker Alesia. Not that she would, not when she has her eyes on someone else. It was her mysterious regular of which she found out her name was Greta.

And Greta was on her mind 24/7.

Greta and her have been friends for a couple of weeks now. After figuring out that they couldn't stay away from each other, something always drew them together. Emerson was still not ready for a relationship, all she wanted to do was take care of her sister. Even though the feeling that the younger woman gave her, was something that had her questioning her choices on not pursuing her. Every look at her, and every smile that she catches even though she knows that Greta barely smiles as it is. Made her want to kiss her every time but she resisted every time. She wanted to focus on the house and her sister, she heard the beep of the blood check, saw the low number, and smiled. She's been having some difficulty with her condition as well and this was the first time in weeks that it's been at an okay range.

She goes into the kitchen and starts to prepare all the food. Even though today she was okay enough to cook, her eyes still had bags under them which she's hidden by makeup. And she's so tired but she's determined to make this dinner work. "Ava! Wake up, Greta will be here soon!" She yells for her sister to wake up as she places the turkey in the oven.

Ok let's do this, Emerson thinks to herself.

"I just want one day, please."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back