• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Roleplaying ideas

HavocandBobo

Ghost Hunter
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Most of these will be a little darker than I'm used to doing. I'm not suppose to watch horror movies, but I want to participate in a horror roleplay, get me? And I am getting these ideas from movies, shows, songs, and other things like that. I will let you know where the inspiration for them came from; sound good? As I have said in other search threads, I prefer playing the male role. I mean, I can do either; but I prefer the male, I don't know why though. All RPN rules apply. Oh, let me know about any triggers you may have. Oh, you don't have to know the show/movie/song whatever is the inspiration, but that's just how I got the idea.

Inspiration: Fear Itself (season 1, episode 4; "In sickness and in health")
Plot: A woman is about to marry the man of her dreams, but before the ceremony she receives an anonymous tip that the man she's about to marry is a serial killer. But she doesn't think anything of it at first, thinking its some cruel twisted joke. But she decides to tell her best friend/bridesmaid anyways. Her friend gets mad about hearing this, so she confronts the woman's fiance. After the wedding ceremony goes by without any more interruptions, and they are at the after party, her friend once again confronts him about what the letter said about him being a killer, in which he denies this. Several guests at the party see them talking, then a little bit later, they find the friend/bridesmaid dead. So the woman begins questioning whether or not she had married the right man.
~This is the idea on this page that I crave the most.
~May turn this into a story/novel.

Inspiration: Psych (Season 1, episode 16 ? "Scary Sherry")
Plot: Several years earlier, a woman killed herself in an old insane asylum. Every year on the day she committed suicide, someone always died in the same place where she had fallen. (needs to be added to.)

Inspiration: Beyond Belief: fact or fiction (Season ???, episode ???; numerous other reports)
Plot: A woman and her husband/fiancee were driving up to see his parents, who she kept repeatedly saying they didn't like her. The two was going threw a rough patch in their relationship, and would argue about every little thing. Then the car has a flat so he pulls it over on side of the road to fix it. Before getting it changed, a stranger comes out of nowhere and offers to help them, so they help him. Afterwards, they invite to take him wherever he wants to go. So the three of them get into the car, and start driving up the road again. Somewhere on the long stretch of highway, the drifter vanishes from the backseat of the car. (Sounds strange I know, but it would need working on.)

Inspiration: ???
Plot: Someone dresses like Santa Claus, an elf, or the elf on the shelf, and goes around killing people.

Inspiration: Days of Our Lives (one of the current storylines)
Plot: A teenager/young adult, falls in love with a man (teenager/young adult), who everybody knows in town is a serial killer, but they she tells them that he has changed. (Subject to switch characters around.)

Inspiration: "How to save a life-The Fray" and "Flowers by Chris Young"
Plot: A man/woman loses their wife/husband in a car wreck after they had got behind the wheel of the car and drove drunk, killing their spouse instantly. Now they think they are going insane when they start seeing their spouses ghost hanging around the house. (Subject to change; more ideas needed.)

Inspiration: Psych (Season 6 or 7, episode ???, "100 clues"; Clue (board game and movie)
Plot: A rich guy, whom has kids that he had included in his will, was murdered when they had gone to a party at a neighbor's house. (Needs tons of work, doubling or tripling may be necessary.)

Inspiration: Another storyline on Days of our lives
Plot: This plot will probably need more characters in it. Muse A and Muse C are step brothers who absolutely can't stand each other, then Muse B was Muse A's then boy/girlfriend who leaves him for Muse C. Muse A, outraged, finds some way to blackmail her/him (which is where our story will start.) Muse A ends up finding Muse D. A few months later, Muse B comes back into town after breaking Muse A's heart, but not wanting to hurt Muse C like that. But when they get back, things have changed. (We'll decide in the roleplay. May need additional characters, I'm not sure yet.)

Welp, this is all I have for now I'm afraid. But I will probably think of more sometime. Toodles now!!!

Last edited:
Oof, I love everything in this thread and would love to brainstorm! I’ve been craving a good horror/thriller ~

I just finished watching Netflix's "Bird Box" and I have SO many ideas blooming because of it!! I would definitely love to brainstorm with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back