Other Roleplay Pet peeves

I don't much care for the clinginess at any time. I understand eagerness to get a roleplay started and communication is important but if you get bent out of shape because I didn't reply back to an ooc pm an hour after you sent it or send more messages asking if I'm still interested before I've even responded to the other message, I'm out. I also don't like when it feels like the other person is monopolizing my time as in I can only respond to them or the roleplay we are doing, first. Big no.

I have so many that feel recently relevant!
  • Folks who h o a r d threads and scenes they don't actually have time, motivation, or inspiration for. I know it happens to the best of us. I know people can lose inspiration suddenly. I'm specifically talking about people who know they don't care about writing with someone/their character, but they ask for a thread anyway. Nothing makes me feel like chopped liver faster in a group.

• People who jump in, see that longtime members of the group are tight and have developed a rapport, and cry about cliques without giving it some time. You can't expect to have the close-knit relationship with the longtime members immediately. It's one thing if they're genuinely excluding you, but in a group setting, people come and go. You need to prove you have "staying power" before people will put forth effort to get to know you.

• Conversely... joining a group in which none of the existing members are willing to write with anyone but the writer involved in their character's ship.

• Joining a group where people snatch ships up immediately - usually before characters have been introduced IC - and if your character's not involved in a ship, you don't get to write.

• When people want to write with me based on the faceclaim I used. This one's so discouraging. I know it's supposed to be complimentary, but I just feel flipped off. None of the development, writing, or characterization matters; just, "hot faceclaim, want to write together?"

• When I'm literally minding my business, writing and having fun, and the adult (over 30) writers in the group cannot go without starting OOC drama-fires.

• When the emotional states of everyone in a group seem to be weirdly entangled.
Specifically for number three is in group roleplays where the GM only pays attention to certain people or a certain plot happening within the roleplay. I know it’s exciting to see how plots unravel but that’s a very easy way to have other role players of your group lose interest in the roleplay. Like, if someone submits a character and you don’t find them interesting and don’t give them anything to do.. Then don’t accept the person into the roleplay. You’re not obligated to accept them just because they showed interest.

At the moment, I loathe when I make plans with my character and someone else's character to ship and it's pretty clear that was my desire and other plans are made without me being notified, it kinda grinds my gears.

Additionally and just in a general sense, if a big decision, no matter how small to you, is made without my knowledge, esp if it pertains to a roleplay that I am a co-gm of and i'm not part of that conversation, that also grinds my gears.

At the moment, I loathe when I make plans with my character and someone else's character to ship and it's pretty clear that was my desire and other plans are made without me being notified, it kinda grinds my gears.

Additionally and just in a general sense, if a big decision, no matter how small to you, is made without my knowledge, esp if it pertains to a roleplay that I am a co-gm of and i'm not part of that conversation, that also grinds my gears.
Honestly, I don't wanna grind people's gears on planning so I get nervous to really make/vocalize plans. I'm just tending to be flexible but will say if I don't like a shipping idea when it gets brought up. I also tend to lean toward no committed canon/oc ships because it grinds my gears when people want me to FORCE myself to make the chemistry work when it's NOT. I'm not gonna butcher a canon character's personality to fit OCS.

Yeah that's also why I don't manage groups because that type of thing happens on choices which leads to drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back