• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Roleplay Hunt!

Villainous Things

Brandy and vengeance and everything pain-laced.
Hi there, I'm not super skilled in writing these out, but I hope this isn't too cringey! I'm male, nineteen, and I'm looking for a roleplay that is meant to be story driven but can have romantic elements built up! I do tend to write for M×M and M×F if that's the case, however. I can write for F×F, I simply haven't had as much exposer! I'll be playing an OC and I can indeed provide an OC chart if you'd like! They aren't the best, though, just so you're aware, and it may change up some if we brain storm ^^ if you're also playing an OC I'd love a chart as well, just so I don't end up god-moding anything about your character when it comes to appearance, personality, or anything else.

Okay! Now to the story elements; I have a few more fleshed out ideas below! That being said, my favourite genres are: fantasy, horror (specifically any sort of possessive/psychotic elements), modern, and sci-fi, and I'm willing to brainstorm of you'd like :D

As for some quick background on this stories/plots, here they are!

1: It's meant to be a fantasy, near fairy tale setting, but with a dystopian twist! The Court, or the High Court, is a corrupt dictatorship that currently is the powerhouse government of the lands, Euphorica, ruling by an iron fist of fear and economical reliance; though, a small rebellion was sparked two years ago known as the Strike (the Strike is simply the name of the military might, the government is known as the Republic of the Haze), and has now grown into a force threatening the Court. My character would be playing as the leader of this rebellion and you can feel free to write as anyone you'd like too! Whether that be a second in command, the ruler of the Court, a guard of the Court, etcetera! This story will have elements like Dragons, Dragon riders and warriors, pirating, possible elemental or superhuman powers if that's your vibe, dark themes, warfare, armies, magic, kidnapping, Oracals, and much more, so you can play anyone that may fit into that, or if any of those interest you than I'd recommend giving this story idea a chance!

2: This here is story based within a vintage timeline, while historically accurate, the late 1800s would be a more proper setting, I've altered it to be an alternate universe with it being set in the late 1910s and early 1920s. This would primarily follow two separate walks of life at the time; a newsie who works a laborious job all the while being orphaned (this is the character I'd like to play), and the child of the owner of the cities printing company. While all the press cares of is getting a profit and a good story, the treatment given to the newsies is overlooked, until by a chance meeting these two youths stumble upon each other, and begin an adventure of realization and friendship. I'm open to this having fantasy elements as well, and would absolutely love to include those as well as spend a bit world building! That being said, if you're wanting to stick with a more vintage and historic timeline, I'm also more than okay with that! This story will mostly contain a coming of age theme, possible fantasy elements, angst, highlights of the newsies revolt, and much more! I also plan to write for a different OC in this story, and would still like a chart if you do the same!

3: This idea was inspired by the video game Forgotten Anne; while many walk the Earth with families and friends, people who acknowledge their existence, there are a select few who go forgotten. When such happens, they are transported to the Forgotten Realm, to live amongst others who were truly lost from memory. In such a place, not only are humans those that run amuck, but also that of objects that have been personified. My original idea was to have it so a person who isn't actually forgotten is brought to this realm by a mistake, and I'd love to find someone willing to write for that character; however, I'm also okay for you to write for a pre-existing Forgotling (those who live in the realm correctly), or perhaps someone who lives in a different realm and opposes the existence of the one where those not remembered reside! This story will include Steampunk elements, as well as surrealism due to the nature of a not quite human world. The world in itself is not too developed, so I'm open to building that with a partner as well! The same OC stuff as the rest of these apply to this one as well!

Those are my main three prompts I'm looking to write with! If you're wanting to partner up and write one of these stories, or brain storm, I use Discord and RPNation long term! There will be some information about me and my writing style below, as well, if you'd like to check such out!

~Me~
° I got dogs! And, most likely, I will send you pictures if they do anything cute. Fair warning!

° I am a pretty upbeat person, I use a ton of exclamation points!

° My favorite food is mac 'n' cheese though I love anything spicy!

° I have Celiac, so if you're gluten free at all, I'm happy to chat about that and share foods/recipes!

° Most importantly of all, I do this to make friends as much as I do it to write. Though I stay focused on the roleplay, I would really like to have some side banter when it makes sense! If this doesn't work for you, I'd steer clear! I mean, I'm not expecting besties, but I do want a small amount of connection, even if it's just in the beginning, it helps me write. Not sure why, but it does!

~Me as a writer~

° I'm semi literate! And often send multiple paragraph responses. Though, that's no pressure for you! As long as you're putting in more than one line, I'll be good :D

° My writing style is nothing like my talking style. I'm quite somber at times, and I'm far less cringey!

° I've been doing this (role-playing) for close to a year now, so I'm not the best. But, I feel my writing is really starting to develop!

°I'm currently studying to be a medical examiner, so themes such as violence or dark along those lines are something I'm comfortable writing. However, if you'd rather those not be utilized, please let me know! I can restrain.

Well, that's all folks! If you're interested, amazing! If you're not, I hope you stay safe and happy during this time!

-Gen

"There is no dark side
of the moon.
Matter of fact, it's all dark. "
-Pink Floyd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back