Roleplay Area

Gary tensed up when Claire came to stand just next to him. He kept his eyes on the board for a moment, not daring to look over. He hadn't expected anyone else to be interested in the bulletin board. Most people ignored such things. He'd gotten bored already in the small amount of time he'd spent looking at it so far. It seemed like a safe place to loiter and blend into the background, but so much for that.

When he finally did venture to glance at her, he saw that she was looking at him and not the board. She said something in another language... french he believed it was. Why was she speaking french? Was he supposed to know french? Did all the other kids know foreign languages? Was he the only one who could only speak English? He'd only spent a year or so out of school after running away. How far had he managed to fall behind?

"I...," he started, quietly. The next word seemed to get caught in his throat. He swallowed and tried again. "I'm sorry. I don't understand."

Immediately he wished there was something nearby to hide behind.

@Misuki Tatsumi

Last edited by a moderator:
Claire noticed he was stressed out about something so she decided to ease the tension, So Claire laughed softly and smiled at him. "Sorry, I'm sometimes prone to speak in my native language. I asked if you were lost." She said, still smiling. Her blue eyes shone with curiosity and a hint of amusement. @DreamlandDenizen

"Oh, well, yeah. A little I suppose," He said. He realized he sounded nervous so he willed himself to relax a bit. Her friendly laugh and smile did help with that some.

He would have lied about being lost to try to look more cool, but he figured his opportunity to make a good first impression was already gone. He'd been caught pretending to read the bulletin board, obviously lost. At this point he may as well own up to it and hope to get some directions at least.

"You -- um -- wouldn't happen to know where the cafeteria is would you?" @Misuki Tatsumi

"Oh. Umm.." Claire got out her phone and went to her photos, she showed him a picture of the school map. "So the cafeteria is down the hall to the left!" She said as she put her phone back in her pocket. "Oh, I feel extremely stupid for not introducing myself. I'm Claire by the way." She said, holding out her hand while the other was stuck in her pocket. @DreamlandDenizen

Quinton turned his head to their door after he heard a knock on their door. The knock erupted right after he had finished his sentence and went to open the door. He put his hand on the knob and pulled it open further, the door swung open into the room. "Hi..?" Quinton tilted his head a bit to the side, confused with the presence of the girl. "Are we in the wrong room..?"
@acidmisadventures

Gary made a mental not to download the map of the school on his phone for later.

"I'm Gary," He said grabbing her hand and giving it a shake. "Nice to meet you."

"My dorm is that one," he said pointing towards his closed door. Immediately he felt dumb for saying so as she hadn't asked. He figured he should keep talking. "I've looked in a few other dorms and they all seem different. It seems as if they sort of matched us to the ones that suit us the best. Thought that was interesting."

Just then his stomach growled audibly. 'Quiet you!' he thought to it. @Misuki Tatsumi

"No, you're not," Emmi said. "I just wanted to meet my some of my neighbors. I'm sorry if I disturbed you!" She awkwardly paused. "I'm Emmi, by the way."  What the hell were you thinking? 

@TheStronkDoge

When they touched hands, a spark of cold went through both of their hands. She decided to ignore it as her smile softened. Claire let her hand drop to her side. "Yeah, I thought that too when I first moved in. It wasn't that much of a difference from my dorm in Avignon.." She laughed slightly and looked down at her boots. "I umm... better get ready for class. It's gonna be starting soon, so uhh. See you later, Gary." She said and slipped into her dorm, quietly shutting the door behind her. Claire let out a breath that she didn't know she was holding in. So far making friends wasn't that hard. @DreamlandDenizen

[FONT= 'Comic Sans MS']ネズミ[/FONT][FONT= 'Comic Sans MS']|[/FONT][FONT= 'Comic Sans MS']怪獣[/FONT]

Kaijū seamed delighted, despite the pain. He was too busy cooing about her. "AWW! Nezumi! She's a shifter! That's too cute! So precious!" He didn't mind the pulling on his hair, as he was used to Nezumi doing that when he was angry, but Kaijū still gently took the little reptile off his head, and held her in his hands. "You're so cute!"

Nezumi changed back into a human, and walked over to see what Kaijū was talking about. He smiled, and ran a single finger over her back, gently petting her, and showing her just as much affection, and adoration as his brother, just in a non-verbal way.

Wren's little beard around her neck fluffed up and she let out a sort of growl. She didn't like being held, or her attack being denied. With a quick little lunge, she sunk her dagger little teeth and crunched down on Kaiju's hand. Then she scrambled off his hands and shifted back to herself on the floor. There, she waggled her finger and huffed. "No! Nonono! No touchy!" 

Echo perked up, clapping her hands slightly. "YES! We can have the mice I keep hearing! We can... Never mind... That would be gross..." She mumbled, turning to skip off. "Come on! I can show ya'll 'round!" Echo cried, stumbling a bit on her first skip, but steadied herself by using her wings. Down the halls, noise sounded from a distance, the sound of plates and shouting caused Echo to stop. "It's, um, kinda loud... Still! Um, food is food?" She asked, continuing to walk backwards towards the noise.

@JPax

Yvette Sauer | Levia Miller

"Not really, I could go for some mice." Yvette and Levia had to eat things similar to mice. Levia hated it, but Yvette had no problem. The older girl smiled to reveal rows of razor sharp teeth. Just one of her various 'adaptations' as she calls it. Levia clung closer to Yvette, to the point that Yvette was actually holding the smaller girl in the air. "You know, I have wings too. I have a lot of things, that's why I keep this cloak on." Yvette wrapped her arms around Levia and sprinted towards the sound of the plates. She ran up onto the wall and ended up executing a beautifully timed backflip to land directly inside the cafeteria. 

Levia poked out her head from the cloak and giggled. "Hurry up Echo!" And of course...the girls had no money to pay for the food.

@Echo Dreamsong

"Not really, I could go for some mice." Yvette and Levia had to eat things similar to mice. Levia hated it, but Yvette had no problem. The older girl smiled to reveal rows of razor sharp teeth. Just one of her various 'adaptations' as she calls it. Levia clung closer to Yvette, to the point that Yvette was actually holding the smaller girl in the air. "You know, I have wings too. I have a lot of things, that's why I keep this cloak on." Yvette wrapped her arms around Levia and sprinted towards the sound of the plates. She ran up onto the wall and ended up executing a beautifully timed backflip to land directly inside the cafeteria. 

Levia poked out her head from the cloak and giggled. "Hurry up Echo!" And of course...the girls had no money to pay for the food.

@Echo Dreamsong

Echo skipped after them, seeming to realize that they didn't have anything. "Oh, um, the regualar food is free! I'll buy the sweets! Ya'll like ice cream?" She asked, tilting her head with a genuine smile. She was sort of attached to the pair now, so smiles weren't forced. "The government is sort of paying tuition, so they want to keep us alive. Have you been to a boarding school before? Warning, don't eat the broccoli cheddar soup! It had freakin mushrooms!" She cried in a sort of whisper. One more of Echo's quirks, she's terrified of mushrooms. Too many nature documentaries...

"Is it because there's something called Cordyceps, which takes over the minds of insects?" Yvette chuckled, though stopped immediately when Levia shuddered. "You're...you can kill them right?"

"Levia, anything can be killed. I think I told you that already."

Both girls shared a tense moment of staring into each other's eyes. It almost seemed that the red color from Yvette's eyes flooded into the air with Levia's blue eyes. "Uh, well, neither of us have actually...gone to school...until now. We didn't live with parents like I think you and most others did...we lived in-"

Yvette immediately stopped talking and rubbed the top of Levia's head, who looked like she was about to cry, and buried her head in the older girl's cloak. "Yeah, we'll just get food."

@Echo Dreamsong

"Emmi.." Quinton trailed off. "Not Emily, or Emma, just Emmi. That's odd. Pleased to meet you, Emmi." He reached out his hand to shake her hand, as an official greeting. "I'm Quinton. I guess we're mixing the dorms of boys and girls?" 

"Is it because there's something called Cordyceps, which takes over the minds of insects?" Yvette chuckled, though stopped immediately when Levia shuddered. "You're...you can kill them right?"

"Levia, anything can be killed. I think I told you that already."

Both girls shared a tense moment of staring into each other's eyes. It almost seemed that the red color from Yvette's eyes flooded into the air with Levia's blue eyes. "Uh, well, neither of us have actually...gone to school...until now. We didn't live with parents like I think you and most others did...we lived in-"

Yvette immediately stopped talking and rubbed the top of Levia's head, who looked like she was about to cry, and buried her head in the older girl's cloak. "Yeah, we'll just get food."

@Echo Dreamsong

Echo frowned, letting out a slight 'oh'. She'd heard of cases like this, but they seemed few and far in between. Most in those cases never escaped. She was curious of course, but prying seemed rude and she didn't want to lose her newest friends. "Hey, try the pizza with some ranch... That's my favorite. If you don't eat meat, we have a salad bar!" She cried, forcing a cheerful smile on her face. "I'll buy the frozen stuff! What kind do you want? Vanilla, cherry, chocolate, mint, mango-" She rambled on for a lot longer, but author ran out of ice cream names

Emmi accepted the handshake from Quinton and nodded. "Rather strange. I figured they would separate them, but I guess not. Anyway, are you excited for classes today?" 

@TheStronkDoge

Quinton released Emmi's hand after two short shakes. "I'm not sure what there is to be excited about, and I'm not sure what there is not to be excited about. So I feel neutral about your question." He checked his watch quickly. "Are you..'excited'?" the last word didn't roll off his tongue with smoothness or ease.

Vivian walked so he was standing beside Quinton, staring at the new person and bursting into the conversation. "Hi sweetie! I'm Vivian, but you can call me Vivi." He didn't expect to meet so many people today! Two whole friends! "Maybe we could all get lunch? I think the cafeteria is open. I wouldn't trust the food there, but what can we do?"

@acidmisadventures @TheStronkDoge

William made his way through the hall, an unseen force as he shoved past whoever was in his way. He dropped his keycard and it suddenly became visible as it touched the floor. He glanced down at the number on the card and picked it back up, glad that he knew where he was going now.

Quinton turned his head to Vivian. "Vivi.." He mumbled the name to himself, growing more comfortable with its sound. "We can get food but... have you chosen which bed you want, Vivi?" Quinton turned his body a little to look back at the empty beds. "Again. it doesn't bother me which one I do get and which one I don't. Just, please don't be the type of person who uses tape to split the room in half, that is quite a bother."

"It's nice to meet you," Emmi replied. She was slightly startled by Vivi's eagerness (hell, she didn't even get a chance to answer Quinton's question), but no matter. He seemed sweet, so she didn't mind. "I'm down for that whenever you two are ready." 

@KaiserTM  @TheStronkDoge

Yvette Sauer | Levia Miller

"I-I think I'm gonna be sick..." Levia sprinted off to the bathroom, fighting back tears and coughing. Yvette stared in shock, then looked down at Echo for just a second before calmly following Levia.

. . .

"Think she'll come back? We may have scared her off."

"Aaa..n-no..." 

Yvette held onto the mass of Levia's hair behind her head while the younger girl was bent over the toilet. "Look, I left the door unlocked. She can come in."

"T-Thanks Yve..."

@Echo Dreamsong

Yvette Sauer | Levia Miller

"I-I think I'm gonna be sick..." Levia sprinted off to the bathroom, fighting back tears and coughing. Yvette stared in shock, then looked down at Echo for just a second before calmly following Levia.

. . .

"Think she'll come back? We may have scared her off."

"Aaa..n-no..." 

Yvette held onto the mass of Levia's hair behind her head while the younger girl was bent over the toilet. "Look, I left the door unlocked. She can come in."

"T-Thanks Yve..."

@Echo Dreamsong

Echo rushed into the bathroom, her wings flared. "Oh god-oh god! I-I'm sorry! We don't have to get ice cream! W-was it the swedish fish one? T-That's a candy! It's not real fish! Nor from Sweden! S-Sorry! I made it worse didn't I... Are you o-okay?" She asked, fiddling with the feathers on her left wing.

Vivian gasped in horror at the mention of tape. "Tape? To separate the... Ew. That would totally ruin the aesthetic of what I've got planned." He shuddered as if even the thought of such a thing disgusted him. "And I don't care which bed I get, the view is the same no matter what I choose. Nothing special to look at... yet." Vivi grinned at the last word, thrilled by the prospect of interior decorating. He moved his bags to the bed on the right of the window and stared at the A/C system placed between them. "I hope you don't mind it being cold here. I usually put the temperature down to below freezing, according to my..." Vivi frowned, considering what he was about to say. "dog." He finished. What he said last definitely wasn't what he wanted to say at first, but it would make do.

@TheStronkDoge

Quinton fully turned around to move his backs just a few feet to be set to the desk accompanying the bed on the left side of the bedroom. "I guess it being cold in here isn't such a bad idea...I'll just, need more blankets I suppose." Quinton ignored the last bit of Vivi's sentence, well more or less wasn't listening after he mentioned how he preferred it to be cold. "At least it won't be hot." He went back to the doorway where Emmi was. "Are you coming, Vivi? I'll turn off the lights on the way out."

"It'll always be hot if you're around." Vivian said before walking out the door. "I'm coming." He turned towards Emmi. "Sorry for the wait! Onwards we go!" Vivi practically skipped down the hall, looking back every now and then to see if the other two were following.

@TheStronkDoge @acidmisadventures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back