• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Roleplay Area

Waking up on the walk over, Ren found the restaurant he was looking for. He sat down at an outside table and a waitress took his order. Moments later, she had returned to deliver the drink he ordered, which was a simple glass of water, before leaving again to tend to other customers.

Alrize followed Ren to what appeared to be a restaurant. She saw him sit down at a table and order a glass of water. Not wanting to reveal herself, she sat down on a nearby bench and watched him from there, waiting for an information opportunity to arrive.

This is going to take forever, you're not going to learn anything from this.

Alrize sighed at her realization, and decided to go up to him directly. She walked up to the restaurant.

This is it. You can and will finally get up close and personal with that bastard. Ready, Alrize? 

She steeled herself, walked up to Ren's table and asked,

"Is it alright if I sit here?"

Ren was startled slightly, a little bit lost in his own thoughts.

"Oh... uh, sure..." He said, not expecting any company.

What am I supposed to say???

Alrize had prepared to gain Ren's trust and maybe get information out of him but she hadn't thought of what she would actually say.

"…nice weather we're having, aren't we?"

Who the hell opens up a conversation with 'nice weather we're having'?

Ren could immediately tell that this girl wasn't much of a conversationalist... which made him question why she had approached him in the first place.

"Sure..." He said, a little cautiously.

Obviously, that didn't work, idiot! Say something else!

"I'm, uh…new…to Earth…and, uh…I…don't know how anything works. Could you, uh…show me around? At least to a…convenience store…or…something…"

Alrize was internally panicking, and tried to fake her way through the conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh... I don't think I'd be able to help you with that." Ren said. "I just got to Earth recently too..."

Ren was a little impressed on how nervous this girl seemed to be with how much she was stammering.

Well of course he just got to Earth too, what are you thinking?!

"Oh, you too?" Alrize had finally calmed herself down. "Where from?"

She tried to make it up as she went along, preparing her possible responses as she spoke.

"Uh..." Ren scrambled his head in an attempt to come up with a believable answer. "I, uh... I came on an engineer transfer from Jupiter."

Alrize tried to use the fake info Neo BAHRAM gave her to advance the conversation.

"An engineer? What a coincidence. I'm one too. And we both came from Jupiter. Interesting. What's your name?"

"Uh... Ren." He answered, figuring there wouldn't really be a reason to hide his identity.

"I'm…Alice…nice to meet you."

Alrize thought that Ren would recognize her name, since she was part of Neo BAHRAM and had a Martian-like name.

"Nice to meet you too." Ren said, taking a sip of his water. "What brings you to Earth, by the way?"

Alrize racked her brain and said the first thing that came to her mind.

"Do you know that space mining company? You know, the one that has a whole area cordoned off that's really close to here? I work for them. Apparently the conditions there are 'too dangerous' since that one space battle or something and they sent me down here."

"Oh... I see..." She worked for Cagalli? It probably shouldn't surprise him to find other people who work in that same organization, but he was under the impression they were all stationed on her ship. That wasn't the case it seemed. 

"Uh... a space battle, you said?" Ren asked.

"Yeah."

Alrize tried to figure out what didn't seem like too much detail.

"According to one of the workers, there were these Orbital Frames out there or something, I don't really know."

Considering Ren hardly recalled anything after a certain point in that battle... he couldn't help but ask about it.

"What happened?"

"Not sure. I only heard it from a co-worker. It seemed like a lot of fighting went on though. There's debris everywhere."

Alrize tried to keep up the conversation and her act. She thought it was working. Somewhat.

"Like I've said, I don't know. Lots of debris. No signs of life whatsoever. Oh, a security patrol said they found a limb just floating out there."

"No life signs...?"

Ren slumped slightly in his chair. He had no idea what had happened back then... could he have done something...? Did he... kill all of them...? He couldn't remember anything... as hard as he tried to remember...

He looked down at the back of his hands, the lines in his skin still slightly visible, though he wore a jacket to cover up the rest of his arms... what did he do...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back