• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Roleplay Area

Ishi123

Primordial Being
The year is 2182, 8 years after the collapse of BAHRAM and the destruction of the fortress Aumaan and the death of Colonel Nohman. The system is still in turmoil, as a new regime rose to take the place of BAHRAM. Neo BAHRAM, risen from the ashes of its predecessor, restarts Orbital Frame development, and with their high status and authority, are able to wage a new war against Earth and the United Nations Space Force, to "create a free Mars and a new prosperous age for the entire Solar System". With their superior Orbital Frame technology, they begin to dominate the system, first taking Mars and then moving on to take the Jupiter colonies. Their ultimate plan is to take Earth and establish a new system-wide government, and to that end Project Obsolescence is formed. In order to achieve their goal, they build two new Orbital Frames: Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu. Representing the ultimate pinnacle of Orbital Frame and Metatron technology, these two frames were built to exert Neo BAHRAM's dominance through the entire system, capable of executing their ultimate plan.

However, certain elements are at play that even they could not predict...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ren walked down the hall, not quite paying attention to where he was going, but the hallways were wide enough so that he wouldn't run into anyone. He was busy on his data tablet, typing in data, looking at figures... normal things for an engineer of his caliber, moreso, actually. He was one of the project leads on the Orbital Frame Tsukuyomi, and he knew how important it was to get everything right. Everything was triple checked and then checked again for good measure. All calibrations had to be perfect, all diagnostics had to be spot on... not a single thing could be out of line on his watch. He couldn't let himself slip no matter what, not after how hard he's worked to get this far in the ranks of Neo BAHRAM. And it wasn't like it was too oppressive an environment, either... part of it was his own perfectionism... plus, he couldn't help but enjoy it. Working so close to an Orbital Frame like this. To him, it was like a dream being able to work with such a machine, especially knowing what good it would do for people. 

Ren quickly made his way back to the hangar, stepping onto the tram leading further in and hitting the button to lead to his station. When he got there, he stepped off and smiled, taking a moment away from his tablet to look up at the machine in front of him. Orbital Frame Tsukuyomi. A prototype Orbital Frame and the sister frame of Amaterasu, which was being worked on in a different hangar by a different team. The frame in front of him was a striking black color, with hues of blue and white to accentuate it, and the design... Ren couldn't help but admire it by a sheer aesthetic standpoint. It was sleek and sharp, looking every bit the battle machine it was meant to be. He wasn't a fanatic by any means, but he did believe in Neo BAHRAM's cause of bringing peace and stability to the Solar System. Things have been in chaos for far too long... and he was proud to be working on the means to bring an end to the wars that have so long destroyed so much.

He snapped out of it, however, when he realized he was practically daydreaming, and quickly got back to work.

Alrize removed the virtual reality training helmet from her head and shook her hair out from under it. 

"Good work as always, Captain. You performed spectacularly," said the overseer.

Alrize looked at her hands for a moment before responding. "That was only a simulation. The real battlefield is much more terrifying."

"Heh heh, you're probably right, aren't you?" he replied. "Well, either way, we'll be safe knowing that we have you on our side. Won't we?"

Alrize got up from the simulated Orbital Frame cockpit and placed the helmet on its stand before walking away. "Yes. The battlefield doesn't scare me anymore, after all." She walked into the changing room located right outside the simulator, where she swapped her training suit for her normal clothing and went through the simulated battle in her head. The enemy attack patterns, her Orbital Frame's capabilities, possible hiding spots, every piece of battlefield information she received from the program, she remembered and analyzed. Once in her casual outfit, she walked out into the hallway and began to walk towards her room. She thought about hypothetical situations that did not come up during the simulation on the way there. Each of them required a different strategy, so Alrize always made it a point to record all her plans in the notebook she kept in her room. 

As she walked through the hall, she passed several staff members, who each stopped their work at the moment and stood erect with a salute. Alrize had initially been taken aback by this kind of reaction, but after spending many years in Neo BAHRAM, she'd gotten used to it and had learned to ignore it as she proceeded. 

"How long has it been?" Alrize asked herself. She was transferred to this corporation as a child, and had experienced many things during her time there. She recounted her memories, remembering how hard it was for her when she first started. That time was long past. Alrize attained the rank of Captain, and became an expert in combat. Her young, innocent self was no more. She tried remembering her family, but with that she had a hard time with. Alrize finally arrived at her room, went in, and opened her notebook.

Wait, what were those plans I was thinking of again? I couldn't have just forgotten them, have I…?

Zack was busy relaxing inside the cockpit of Eclipse, snoring away quietly while wearing his casual clothes of a white undershirt and a tan jacket with denim jeans and black shoes. When not training or doing some kind of menial task, Zack would always love being able to rest inside the Eclipse, feeling it as his sort of personal home. And with the way he was relaxing, surely nothing could-

Suddenly, the control panel activates and a voice rings out from Eclipse.

"WAKE UP!"

Zack snaps his eyes open and jolts up, resulting in his head meeting the windshield of the cockpit. He groans as he rubs his head and glares at the control panel.

"Urgh...what the hell was that all about!?"

A little snicker is emitted from TESS, the AI of Eclipse.

"Just wanted to make sure you were still alive."

Zack and TESS truly did have an odd relationship with each other. Despite having worked together for over 2 years now, the two still had a tendency of playfully bickering with each other on a mutual level. In the end, neither one really took what the other said to heart in these types of conversations, and it's good too, since they'd both be dead at this point. Zack sighs before smiling lightly, rubbing the cockpit's windshield.

"Well, in that regard, thanks for making sure I was alive. Besides, wouldn't want a dead corpse inside you, now would you?"

"Quite true."

Zack chuckles before the windshield disappears, allowing him to hop out of the Eclipse. He lands with a thud on his feet before looking back at the Eclipse, admiring it's design and color scheme.

"Such a beauty..."

Overseer Adalia Attenborough sits at her desk, clean, pristine, everything in its order.

"As it should be.", she thinks to herself,"After all, what would it say for an Overseer to have a cluttered mess for an office." She slumps in her chair and begins typing on the inbuilt keyboard. Glowing glyphs appear from thin air showing various statistical analytics. From Oxygen consumption to shipping manifests, everything accounted for, and everything in it's place. As Adalia sifts through the sea of information that is Phobos station she comes to what she was looking for. In large font and lettering the words AMATERASU. She quickly inputs her security access code into the field and begins her fifth cup of coffee for that day. She opens up progress reports and begins filling out a detailed summation of the Amaterasu's pilot's progress. 

Once finished Adalia sat in her chair thinking. Furrowing her brow she contemplates the fact that she had yet to find a suitable pilot for the Tsukuyomi. That if one isn't found the men and women on the ground may well needlessly lose their lives. The door opens , interrupting her thoughts, She recognizes the form of her immediate subordinate Alec Rainham. He stands with a dataslate in his hand and with a smirk on his face. "You're brooding again Overseer."

"Well, someone ought to. We have a duty to our fellow Martians to do our best to win this war."

"You've got a point. I had Kingsley look into that line of research you mentioned, it looks like we will be able to move into the preliminary stages of testing on the new Raptor units"

Alec hands the dataslate to Adalia. She quickly glances over it making note of its disorganization, and then transfers the files to her personal database.

"You are dismissed Rainham."

Alec turns to leave, but stops in the doorway. "And, Adalia.... get some rest, you look like a mess."

She quickly flashes red as he walks out the door and returns to her quarters for the first time in well over 24 hours for some much needed rest.

Ren was working intently on his duties for the day. He had just about finished final calibrations on Tsukuyomi, after which the frame would be completely combat ready, save for a single program. The Zero Shift program, which would allow the frame to best the Orbital Frame it was meant to destroy, which was currently in possession of the Space Force. The sister frame of Anubis, Jehuty. It had been years since the Deimos incident, when the fortress Aumaan was destroyed entirely, along with Anubis, for the most part. Some bits of Anubis was able to be salvaged here and there, and certain aspects of its design was incorporated into Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu, its sister frame. However, there was a limit to what could be accomplished without the primary blueprints of Anubis or Jehuty, which were long gone by now. The primary lead of the Aumaan Project, Rikoah Hardiman, the father of Nohman, former leader of the old BAHRAM, decided it was better to dispose of the main plans for the frames after they were built as a precautionary measure, assuming that there wouldn't be a need for them after the Aumaan Project was complete. Ren didn't know exactly what the Aumaan Project was all about... matter of fact, only the higher-ups in Neo BAHRAM were privy to that information, but he assumed that it was something that would've benefited everyone... a shame the Space Force couldn't see reason.

Ren was just glad to be working on this new project... one that would hopefully bring an end to the war ongoing on Mars.

After admiring the Eclipse for a few seconds, Zack heads out of the hanger. While walking down the hallway, he remembers how it seemed it like only yesterday that he joined Neo BAHRAM. Yet after all these years, Zack still couldn't see eye to eye with BAHRAM's ideology. He wasn't stupid. He had heard about what BAHRAM did years ago to the space colony Antilia. How brutal BAHRAM was with their assault, destroying everything in sight, killing innocent civilians...so then why did he join Neo BAHRAM? Honestly, it was only because Zack couldn't do anything else. His parents died when he 19, and with no aspirations of his own, he joined Neo BAHRAM in the hopes of finding a purpose in his life. No matter how small or big, if it meant making his parents proud, he would be content with his life. By being a Runner and using the Eclipse to fight, perhaps his life purpose is to fight for a better future.

Zack exhales as he finally reaches his quarters, hopping onto his bed and going back to relaxing, now without worrying about TESS waking him up abruptly.

After a long period of attempting to collect her thoughts, Alrize finally gave up. She closed her notebook and lay down onto her bed. I wonder if my parents would be proud of me as I am now, she wondered. The hazy memories she had of her family provided her no help. She had never experienced much of any parental love or affection, only military respect. What are parents like, anyway? Alrize pondered this for a while, before falling asleep unintentionally.

When she woke up, it was already late, and Alrize stormed out of her room and into the hallway, then ran back a bit to close her door, and then continued her sprint. She ran as fast as she could to the cafeteria, hoping they hadn't closed up shop for the night. Alrize hadn't eaten lunch, and instead spent her entire day training and studying.

After getting the much needed rest she needed, Adalia exits her quarters and heads for the Tsukuyomi's hanger. She gains some composure for herself before entering the hanger, seeing Tsukuyomi almost immediately. She smiles as she looks at Tsukuyomi's appearance, proud of the work put into it. She knew well just how strong Tsukuyomi is, and how important it was for it to be as powerful as possible, along with Amaterasu. Both needed to be as powerful as possible...

Adalia smiles lightly as she sees Ren, walking over to him with the professionalism she was capable of portraying.

"Greetings, Ren Silber. I can see that you've been working diligently on Tsukuyomi."

Ren jumps a bit, startled out of his absorbing work and looking over to Adalia.

"O-oh... hello, ma'am..." He says a bit nervously, not used to talking with authority, especially one of Adalia's status.

He hated how much of his composure he lost in front of his superior, but he gathered as much of it back as he could.

"Is... is there something you need?"

Adalia chuckles a bit before waving her hand nonchalantly.

"At ease, Ren. I came here to see the work being done on Tsukuyomi, and I can see that it's being worked on by the right people."

Adalia, knowing her status in the ranks of Neo BAHRAM, wasn't surprised by the way Ren reacted. For someone of Ren's rank to be greeted suddenly by one of Neo BAHRAM's most prestigious members, how could it not be a shock?

"Anyways, I've come here to know about the progress of the Zero Shift program."

"W-well..." Ren sighed, going over his data on the program. "It's going, but... slowly. Very slowly."

He tapped on his tablet, going through the coding and statistics of what they had on the program thus far.

"We're working with broken code, here. We did have a bit of a lead with the data salvaged from Anubis, but rebuilding the lost coding from scratch isn't easy... we would have had it completed by now had the original plans for Anubis and Jehuty not been destroyed after the two frames were built."

Adalia curls her fingers around her chin as she looks at the tablet, clearly taking in the data.

"Hmm...well, at least we're able to rebuild it. But it's highly important that we have the Zero Shift program completed as soon as possible. Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu need the Zero Shift program implemented if we're going to stand a chance against the Space Force..."

Adalia sighs quietly as she looks back at Tsukuyomi, thinking of how much it and Amaterasu can do in aiding Neo BAHRAM to win this war.

"We're working as fast as we can on it, ma'am." Ren said. "But, like I said, with the broken data it's going very slow..."

Ren sighed heavily.

"We can make Urenbeck catapults no problem. Space-time compression isn't difficult to do on the scale of cargo ships or corvettes, but on the scale of an Orbital Frame, it takes a bit more work to pull off. Of course we have the Vector Traps on the scale of Orbital Frames, but incorporating that into Zero Shift doesn't translate very well. Honestly, putting the kind of tech needed for Zero Shift into an Orbital Frame... it was something only Rikoah Hardiman could do. It's taking us so long to catch up what he accomplished much sooner."

"Mmh...I understand, Ren...I apologize if I'm coming across as impatient."

Adalia faces Ren with a calm expression, one that showed she understood the stress Ren must be going through.

"Rikoah Hardiman may have made the Zero Shift program in a short amount of time, but we have some of the most intelligent engineers and scientists Neo BAHRAM is grateful enough to have, you included. There's not a doubt in my mind that we won't be able to finish recoding the Zero Shift program."

Adalia then gives a confident smile, in an effort to reassure Ren.

"Oh... thank you, ma'am."

Ren couldn't help but be taken aback a bit by the kind words. He always felt intimidated by figured of authority, but Adalia made him feel a bit more comfortable with what he was doing.

"In any case... I'm almost done with my work for today..."

Adalia nods, still wearing her calm smile.

"I can see that. Then I guess I shall leave so you can finish completely. I know how hard it can be to work while being watched by a higher-up."

Adalia chuckles before waving to Ren as she leaves Tsukuyomi's hanger.

Alrize sprinted as fast as she could through the halls, until she spotted Overseer Adalia in the way. She came to a complete stop as fast as she could, then bowed to show proper respect. 

"Greetings, Overseer. I hope your day has been well."

Alrize only did this to keep up her reputation. She did not be labeled as rowdy. The sudden stop was going to take an effect on her, and she hoped to end this conversation as soon as possible in order to reach the cafeteria. 

Adalia is amused by Alrize's bowing, even feeling prideful of being so highly respected. Of course, she manages to hide this under her professionalism.

"It has been, Alrize. Thank you for asking."

Adalia gives off a small smile as she resumes walking back to her quarters, not wanting to hold up Alrize.

"You have a good day as well!"

Meanwhile, Zack turns about as he naps on his bed, nearly about to fall off before snapping wide awake. He groans lightly as he sits up lazily. He rubs the back of his neck before looking at the time.

"Well, I think that was a good enough nap..."

Zack then hears his stomach grumble a bit.

"And now I gotta eat."

Zack, still in his casual clothing, exits his quarters and heads off for the cafeteria.

Good, that didn't take long, Alrize thought as she continued her sprint. Maybe Overseer had things to do as well. No matter, and in any case, I need to hurry.

Luckily she reached the cafeteria in time. She speedread the menu for the day and quickly ordered her selection. After acquiring her tray and portions, she sat down at one of the many empty tables they had available and started eating.

It's cold…at least it doesn't taste bad…

Zack lets out a yawn as he makes it to the cafeteria, seeing how empty it was, save for Alrize.

"Well this place sure is dead."

Zack quickly orders whatever's on the menu and sits at the table that was next to the table Alrize was at. He takes one spoonful of food before opening his mouth and spitting it out in disgust.

"Eugh...so freaking cold..."

Zack sighs as he casually turns his head to Alrize.

"Hey there."

Did someone just call me?

Alrize looked up from stuffing her mouth with food, and saw Zack sitting at the table next to hers. Embarrassed about being seen that way, she quickly chewed through the food and swallowed it. She then adjusted to sit with proper posture and elegance before finally responding.

"Greetings, Zack. I did not expect to see you here in the cafeteria at this hour."

Zack raises an eyebrow in confusion as he sees Alrize chew through her food quickly. He was practically half-expecting her to start choking from eating so fast.

"Well when your stomach is growling right after taking a nap, you need to eat something. Unfortunately, this cold as hell food shut my stomach up the wrong way. Aw well..."

Zack brushes his hair with his hands before resuming his talk.

"Anyways, sorry if I surprised you. I noticed that you were chewing your food like you were in a rush after I spoke up."

Ren was still working. He had gotten a bit lost in his work and carried on with it a few hours after he could've stopped for the day. He just found it very absorbing. However, he did step out to grab something from the cafeteria he could bring to his work station so he could eat something while he worked. He found that his work suffered when he was hungry, so despite being the workaholic he was, he found the time to at least feed himself properly.

Still working on calibrations for Tsukuyomi, as well as parts of the Zero Shift program. He wasn't the only one working on the program, of course. Everyone working on it had access to the coding that was being done in real time so everyone could work on it simultaneously anywhere they were with the use of their tablets. Ren was one of the people working on it, and they had gotten a lot done. Though they still had a while to go, as he had explained to the commander. Ren sighed, taking a quick bite of his food before realizing he had forgotten something.

"Ah, damn..." He said, muffled by the food in his mouth, putting down his tablet and swallowing.

How could he have forgotten the calibration routine for the battle AI? He had told himself to download it and bring it to Tsukuyomi beforehand... he must have gotten a bit lost with other things on the way. The program was still stored in a main computer console, which luckily as a senior engineer, he had free access to. He'd slip out for a bit, grab that, then head right back.

He saw me, didn't he? Cover it up. You need to be a shining example.

"No I wasn't. That's how I normally eat. You did surprise me a bit, but that's all. "

Alrize was slightly embarrassed, but she did her best to hide it with a façade of regality and elegance. Knowing that Zack was a fellow pilot, she felt inclined to treat him with proper respect. 

"This food is rather cold, isn't it? But I myself don't have much of a choice, so I must eat it anyway. I figured that I was quite lucky that I arrived here before they closed up."

Feeling satisfied with her statements, she resumed her meal, ignoring its temperature and focusing on chewing as to not waste any time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back