• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Roleplay Area

Zack walks next to Alrize, glancing at her to notice her small smile. He himself smiles lightly in return. To think that just weeks ago, they had difficulty communicating with one another when they met at the Mess Hall for the first time. Now here they were, walking to the Mess Hall feeling comfortable and casual. Eventually, the Mess Hall comes into view, and Zack sees how busy it was. He manages to catch a glance of a soldier's plate of food, and his eyes widen a bit as he sees it was spaghetti with meatballs. It looked edible, given the soldier's pleased look.

"Something tells me the food's gonna actually be decent for once."

Meanwhile, Adalia ponders to herself in her quarters, recollecting on her punishment for Alrize.

"Hmph, working at the Mess Hall as punishment. So foolish of me to think that that was supposed to be her punishment..."

Adalia looks over at her data pad, then picks it up and sifts through her files. When she looks at the files, she can only think of Ren and the stolen files, which filled her with contempt for Ren. She knew he was most likely on his way to Earth, the only place where Neo BAHRAM didn't have presence at due to the Space Forces. If only there was a way to infiltrate Earth and find out about Ren's whereabouts...

"Wait..."

Adalia smiles with pride as she thought of a new way for Alrize to redeem herself...

"The food today seems to be spaghetti and meatballs, huh…"

Alrize moved to line up for dinner, and looked around for a table. Unfortunately, it seemed all the spots were taken. She turned to Zack and asked,

"Um, where should we sit…?"

"Uh..."

Zack began looking around for a table, and his eyes hone in on one, in which a group of soldiers began leaving the table open.

"Over there!"

Eventually, Zack leaves the long line with his plate of food in tow alongside Alrize. He immediately walks over to the still empty table and plops himself down, holding a spot for Alrize.

Meanwhile, Adalia orders for a guard to go and retrieve Alrize, telling the guard that it was urgent for Alrize to come to her quarters as soon as possible. Adalia smirks to herself as she looks out her window.

The Space Force will never expect a spy within their insignificant planet of theirs...nor will Ren Silber...

Huh…maybe friends might actually give me a tactical advantage…

Alrize took mental note of this and sat down at the table, ready to eat. She completed her usual routine of politeness in thanks for the meal and twirled the noodles around her fork. She lifted the utensil and -

"Alrize Seylliume. Your presence is requested in Overseer Adalia's quarters."

"Ah."

A guard had appeared out of nowhere and had given Alrize an order from her Overseer. She sighed, and nodded. 

"Well Zack, I'm off. You can have my dinner if you'd like."

She got up and went to Adalia's quarters. Once she arrived, she knocked on the door.

"Overseer? It's Alrize. Did you call for me?"

Zack was disappointed that Alrize had to go so soon, but seeing how she was summoned by Adalia, he didn't let it bother him too much. He looks at Alrize's food before sighing and dumping it over his plate of food. He twists up a bunch of noodles with his fork before beginning to eat.

Adalia was seated in her main chair as she heard Alrize's knocking and voice. She puts aside her data pad before responding to Alrize.

"Correct, Alrize. Come in and sit. I have an important assignment for you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrize opened the door.

"Pardon the intrusion…"

She came in and sat down, ready to hear what Adalia has to say.

"Alrize, you are to go to Earth as a spy in order to find out where Ren Silber and Tsukuyomi are. Once you do, you will befriend him, for as far as we are concerned, he doesn't know who exactly you are. As you continue your mission, you will secretly supply us with data about your mission status on an irregular basis, so as not to draw attention. Beware, Alrize. If you make even one fatal error, it could mean the death of you."

Adalia takes in a deep breath before resuming her briefing.

"We will have a ship ready for you to use, along with identification documents that you will use to trick the Space Force into believing you are a citizen of Earth. You know your mission. Have I made myself clear?"

I'm going to Earth…to make friends…with that asshole?!

Alrize knew what she had to do, but she felt hesitant about it. This mission would definitely be crucial in the victory of Neo BAHRAM, but personally she did not want to be the one carrying the burden of befriending the traitor. Ultimately, she had no choice but to accept. Refusal could mean her own death, after all.

She nodded and said, "Understood, Overseer. I just to know when. Also, what will be of Amaterasu? Will it be sent to me? Or will it stay in the hangar until I return?"

"Amaterasu must stay in the hangar until you return. This is a covert mission, not a firefight."

Adalia could sense Alrize's frustration over having to befriend the traitor Ren, and she couldn't blame him. Had various circumstances not been in place, she would've done the mission herself and assassinate Ren with her own hands. Of course that would've been all too easy...

"Any further questions? Otherwise, report to the ship hangar."

"Will all my clothes, money, and necessary belongings be provided? Or should I pack some of my things in a bag to bring there?"

She felt it was a sort of stupid question, yet necessary all the well.

"They have already been provided and are packed aboard the ship you will be using. Do not fret, Alrize. I've made sure that menial tasks such as those were taken care of as I briefed you. Now off you go. Earth awaits you..."

"Understood, Overseer. Farewell for now."

Alrize lifted herself up from the chair, and bowed. She turned to walk out the door, giving a quick salute to her superior officer. Then she headed outside towards the hangar, her transport to a new world.

Adalia nods and spins her chair around to look out her window. She smirks as she folds her hands together and crosses her legs.

"You may have been able to beat us with Tsukuyomi...but you can't defeat an enemy that's hidden...even when they're right in front of you..."

Meanwhile, Alrize's ship was finishing preparations, ready to be used for her important mission.

Alrize arrived at the hangar and boarded the ship. There really wasn't anything to do but wait until the ship was fully prepared, so she tried to talk to the crew.

"G-Good day…" she said, trying not to interrupt or bother them.

The two crew members simply saluted Alrize, aware of the mission she was going to partake in. They soon go back to prepping the ship and finally finish. One of the crew members approaches Alrize, saluting her.

"The ship is ready, ma'am. We are ready for take off."

Meanwhile, Zack had finished eating and exited the Mess Hall, rubbing his stomach before stretching.

"Ahh, that was some good spaghetti...hmm..."

Zack looks around before deciding to head off to Eclipse's Hangar, looking forward to talking to TESS.

Alrize nodded and strapped herself into one of the seats, mentally preparing herself for the mission she was about to undertake.

Quick and clean, you got it? Quick. And. Clean. No mistakes. You're going to a new world you've never seen before. Use what you've learned to your advantage. 

In reality, Alrize was extremely nervous. She had never seen Earth, and only had a handful of information from Neo BAHRAM's database. Throughout the flight, she tried to relax herself, and multiple attempts of completely calming down had failed. She felt anxious about the mission. 

No, no, we can't have this. You're Alrize Seylliume. The best Runner Neo BAHRAM has to offer. You're not going to die on some pissy espionage mission. You got that, asshole?

She tried coming up with plans to contact Ren, befriend him, set up her base, communications, fallback plans, emergency plans, and necessary routines in order to make herself feel at least a little more prepared.

The ship's engines began whirring as it slowly lifted off the platform, with crew workers clearly the way. Another crew member holding two glow sticks directed the ship out, giving the all clear as the ship aligned correctly with the hangar exit. The ship slowly accelerates faster, exiting the hangar and heading for the catapult. The crew pilot makes an announcement for the ship.

"Approaching Catapult. Please remain in your seats and brace for Catapulting."

Back on the space station, Zack was about to enter Eclipse's hangar, but just as he's about to enter, Adalia intercepts him and blocks his path. Zack immediately stops in place and looks at her. She was smirking once more, and it bothered Zack. It was the kind of smirk that told him something conniving was on her mind...

"Greetings, Overseer Adalia."

"Greetings, Zack."

"I presume you finished talking to Alrize?"

"Indeed. She will be gone for some time, as she has agreed to partake in a highly important mission."

"I see...if I may ask, what is the mission?"

"Confidential."

"Right..."

Zack looks past Adalia and sees Eclipse ahead, still being repaired. Adalia notices this and turns to look at Eclipse before turning back to Zack.

"You seem keen on seeing Eclipse, even as it under repair..."

"Well yes, Overseer. I was going to see TESS, in fact."

"TESS? You mean the AI of Eclipse?"

"Yes...me and her have been friends for more than two years now, and due to recent events, we've found that simply talking to each other quells our worries. A time to relax, if you will."

"Hmm...you're very attached to her, aren't you?"

Zack felt a bit embarrassed by the way Adalia worded the question, but it was true. TESS acted a sort of sister figure to him, and the banter they shared with one another, even on the battlefield, exemplified that fact. For him, TESS was the only person he knew he could trust and feel close to, and she wasn't even human...

"...Yes, Overseer Adalia. I am. She's been my best friend and comrade in battle since I was chosen to pilot Eclipse. If anything were to happen to her...I can't even bring myself to imagine the rest of my life without her..."

Adalia makes a bit of a stern frown as she looks at Zack. She understood the depth a connection between a Runner and AI could be, and how as a Runner and their AI continue working with each other for long periods of time, they grow an inseparable bond, especially if the AI is given personality.

"I see...go on, then..."

Zack slowly nods before Adalia lets him pass, and Zack resumes walking to Eclipse. Adalia remains silent as she walks back to her quarters.

I see how it is, Zack...

Alrize braced herself for the catapult, and felt a strong force try to throw her backwards. The seatbelts and backrest prevented that however, and kept Alrize safe during the catapulting. She wondered how long the flight was going to take but told herself that she needed to focus on her plans. Her train of thought wandered, distracting Alrize with thoughts of how life on Earth would be like and how she would deal with dangerous situations that she'd heard about on the internet and probably had a 3% chance of actually happening. 

Ren had decided to take some time off for himself. After all that had happened in the weeks prior, he felt he had deserved it... though his mind was stuck on what he would do now. He was leaving Tsukuyomi with the Space Force and he was going to leave all of that behind... but Earth was his new home. He couldn't leave. He'd never see his family again. They probably wouldn't be able to visit him...

Ren had realized the consequences of his actions and how they could affect his family. His parents could just as easily be hunted down by Neo BAHRAM and used against him... however, Commander Weinberg let him know that they had a sizable regiment from the Space Force stationed on Antilia, and that Neo BAHRAM wouldn't be able to get close to that system, which put his mind at ease a but... still... he was on his own now. Completely.

Ren sighed, walking through the city. People seemed so at ease here... completely oblivious to the war that was raging just above their heads... a war Ren himself had been completely ignorant to until recently... Ren felt like an outsider, in more ways than one. He not only wasn't an Earth-born, he not only worked for Neo BAHRAM... he had experienced firsthand what war was like... what fighting was like... he didn't like it. Which is why he was going to leave all that behind. The Space Force could do it now that they had Neo BAHRAM's plans and Tsukuyomi. Maybe there was a chance that Earth could be saved...

But that wasn't any of his concern anymore. He had to keep reminding himself of that...

After 15 minutes, the ship exits the Catapult, and drifts through the vast emptiness of space. Up ahead, Earth could be seen. The ship pilot makes an announcement.

"We are currently approaching Earth. ETA in 5 minutes."

Aside from Earth, several Space Force ships could be seen, formed in a defense line around Earth. After five minutes, the ship reaches one of the many ship tolls, and docks into one of them for inspection. The ship pilot opens comms with the toll operator, the latter speaking in a gruff tone.

"Please standby as we scan your ship for any contraband."

A beam of light similar to an x-ray passes over the ship, scanning for any anomalies that are of concern. The ship pilot maintains his composure as the scanning finishes, and a green light above the toll gate lights up.

"You're all clear. Welcome to Earth."

The ship resumes moving and passes through Earth's atmosphere. The ship vibrates gently, but eventually calms down as the ship exits the stratosphere. Just beyond, a sprawling city can be seen up ahead. Everything seemed so peaceful despite the ongoing war in space...

The ship reaches a ship port and lands on the designated platform.

Alrize unstrapped herself from her chair top open up the ship door. She was greeted by a gentle breeze and a lovely view of the city. The portable communications device that was given to her vibrated in her pocket, signaling her that new information had arrived. She checked it, and decided that it would be best to find her living quarters in that world first. The information also provided a map, and she followed it to a building that didn't seem as modern or high-tech as the ones around it, but appeared to be decent and habitable. That was good enough for her. Upon entering, she was greeted by a very polite concierge who called out to her.

"Hello! Are you perhaps the one who was sent from Antilia?"

She was surprised at being called, and answered a little hesitantly.

"Ah, y-yes, that's me."

"Wonderful, we were expecting you. According to our data, you are living alone, your occupation is aerospace engineer, and you have come under transfer orders from your company."

Alrize nodded, not knowing that that was the data that Neo BAHRAM sent in.

"Have you ever been to Earth before?"

"No."

"That must be hard, coming in all the way from the Jupiter system, and staying in a completely new environment!"

"Y-Yeah…"

This concierge is starting to be a little annoying…

"Anyway, here are the keys to your room and a small info brochure regarding this building. Your room is on the third floor, room 316, once you get off the elevator, turn right and it should be the seventh door on your left."

Alrize took the items and placed the keys in her pocket, and the brochure in her bag.

"If you need anything, anything at all, don't hesitate to call the front desk. The number is on a piece of paper right beside the phone, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you."

"See you around!"

"Good day."

Alrize hurried on to the elevator and pressed the button for the 3rd floor. She wondered what Earth quarters looked like, and thought about her room back at Neo BAHRAM headquarters. The elevator stopped, and the doors opened. She walked out and followed the concierge's directions to Room 316. There was an electronic lock beside the handle and a peephole at about head level. She felt for the keys in her pocket and stuck them in. The sound of a mechanical click was heard. Alrize took hold of the handle. 

Ready to start your mission, Alrize?

Ren sighed and headed to a nearby apartment building. Figuring he'd need a place to stay, and lucky for him, he was supplied with a card from Weinberg that had plenty of money to work with, at least until he found his own income. Even though he had options, he didn't want to run up a bill, so he decided on the average apartment building downtown, in one of the quieter sections of the city. He stepped in and asked for a room.

"Right... we have a spare room." The concierge said with a smile. "You're the second person to ask for a room here, you know."

"Yeah?" He said. "Seems like a new place..."

"It opened a few months ago, yes." She said, taking his card and ringing him up.

It must've been a bit strange to see someone come in with absolutely nothing to his name. No luggage, no possessions of any kind... must've been pretty out of the ordinary. Though the lady didn't ask any questions as she handed him his key.

"Room 318." She said with a smile. "Third floor. Head off the elevator and take your first right, it'll be the eighth door on your left."

Ren nods.

"Thanks."

"If you need anything else, just call the front desk." She said with a smile.

Ren walked away, taking his key with him and heading up to the elevator. He hits the third floor button and emerges at that floor, following the concierge's instructions, taking his first right then looking left, finding room 318. He put the key in the door, the electronic lock releasing and letting him inside. He closed the door behind him and looked at his new abode.

It was a standard apartment and had everything he'd need. Or at least the basics... a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, main room with its own TV, how nice... this would be his home from now on... the place was completely empty. He'd need to do some shopping later. Right now, though... all he wanted to do was lie down on a bed. So he went into the bedroom, which was roomy enough, and fell face first into the bed, flopping down onto it and sighing. Ren couldn't help but be worried... he'd have to figure things out as he went, he supposed. For right now, though, he just wanted to forget about everything that'd happened and not need to worry about anything. He tried to clear his mind, and before he knew it he'd drifted off to sleep.

Alrize opened the door and walked inside. The room seemed rather boring, with only a few necessities and a television set in front of a couch. She decided to get to work immediately. Setting down her bag, she opened it and took out a laptop, then sat down on the couch with the laptop in her lap. She powered it on, and searched for the wireless internet connection. Unfortunately, it seemed that the apartment did not provide its guests with a free, nor a paid, Wi-Fi service. Alrize got up and checked the rest of the room for anything. The kitchen appliances, electricity, TV set, and plumbing all seemed to be functioning properly, although devoid of anything else. 

Alright, first thing to do, is get a router, food, and possibly a set of headphones. And some survival gear, I guess.

She took what Earthlings would call a "smartphone" and left in her pocket, then packed the laptop, charger, keys, and a credit card into a backpack she brought for light travel situations. Alrize made a mental map of the area of the apartment she had seen headed out the door. She locked the door, and noticed there was someone else there.

Ren, having slept for only a few minutes before realizing how hungry he was, lazily rolled out of bed and headed out. He yawned as he shut the door behind him, hardly even noticing the other person in the room as he passed by. He headed to the elevator which took him down, before leaving the building to head to a restaurant he had seen on his way here.

THAT WAS REN SILBER JUST NOW, WASN'T IT?!

Alrize was shocked stiff for a second. Her target, whom she figured would've taken days to find, just came out from the room beside her. She re-composed herself and hurriedly chased after him, remembering her military training and stalking Ren as silently and inconspicuously as possible.

Where is he going, I wonder…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back